Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 01:03 AM   #2026
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post

Pic?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-02-2013, 01:11 AM   #2027
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Well that stinks. Maybe it's Disney's way of telling us to re-use the refillable mugs?
we have 4 of this design. In jan we got 2 more cause they came with DDP. It is my fav design thus far. But we aren't on the DDP in Aug, so if no new ones come out, I won't have to buy another mug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Good morning to all.

I owe everyone a "catch up" post! I've missed lots of goings-on.

Let me throw in a quick new website ADR complaint... (like you guys haven't heard the likes of this before, right? )

After saying I wanted to keep it simple and only have 2 ADRs, we decide to do add a special "kick it off right" on our first morning and I booked CRT. We've never eaten there since Miss M isn't really a princess sorta gal but we both decided the location would be a sweet start to the vacation. I looked last night to see that MK usually opens at 9am on the day we had it booked (I booked a breakfast ressie at 9:05am). This morning, I decide to check for an earlier time and noticed an 8:30 was available so I proceeded to book that one. It pops up with a conflicting reservation window. What was strange about this was it had listed the original reservation time as 10:05am. Weird, right? So I cancelled the original and decided to check my other ADRs...

I booked Artist Point for our arrival night, a Saturday (also our anniversary) and the website now has it listed as SUNDAY! What?! It's also a totally different reservation number than the one in the confirmation email (which has the correct day and time). If all they really want us to do is eventually have to break down and call anyway, why don't they just get rid of the new totally-borked website?

Back after my torture session to catch up. I hope everyone's mornings are off to a good start so far...
Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Thank you all for the warm welcome back!!! Sue M I was amazed that from Seattle I could be in Portland in 2 1/2 hours and Whistler in 3!!! There just seem to be so much to do in that area. After a nice cool weekend up there I came back to 90+ here in Sacramento. The sunshine in CA is nice but where I am there are 3+ months of the year when I really don't go outside during the day because of the heat. Next step is to get DH up there to see what he thinks!
Well we have 3 mos that are too rainy and you don't see the sun guess nowhere is perfect! But yes there is a lot to do here. I can be in Seattle in 3 hrs, Whistler in 90 min, the beach in 5 min, and a lakeshore in 15 min. And just a ferry ride over to Vancouver Island.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 06:30 AM   #2028
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Phew there is my purse!! I thought I lost it! I love it!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:06 AM   #2029
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

So I finally convinced DH that I really want to tell the DD's about the trip on Mother's Day!! I really wanted to tell them last night, as DD8 had a horrible day with the girl at school that won't leave her alone. I just felt it was a good time, but DH didn't agree. So....I will wait for Mother's Day!

Not sure what to do about this girl at school. DD8 has talked to the teacher and she doesn't seem to want to get involved, and keeps telling her to work it out. But DD8 says nothing she says to the other girl will make her stop. After DD8 talked to the teacher yesterday, the other girl was sitting on the carpet in the classroom and whispered to DD8 that she was going to get 'payback'.

I am thinking I may have to have a little talk with the VP. I do not want this girl put in DD8 class next year.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #2030
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
So I finally convinced DH that I really want to tell the DD's about the trip on Mother's Day!! I really wanted to tell them last night, as DD8 had a horrible day with the girl at school that won't leave her alone. I just felt it was a good time, but DH didn't agree. So....I will wait for Mother's Day!

Not sure what to do about this girl at school. DD8 has talked to the teacher and she doesn't seem to want to get involved, and keeps telling her to work it out. But DD8 says nothing she says to the other girl will make her stop. After DD8 talked to the teacher yesterday, the other girl was sitting on the carpet in the classroom and whispered to DD8 that she was going to get 'payback'.

I am thinking I may have to have a little talk with the VP. I do not want this girl put in DD8 class next year.
I would go into the school and talk to someone in the administration. Maybe even have the guidance counselor in on it. Bullying is ZERO tolerance everywhere!!! If DD's teacher won't handle it, someone has to. We have had a lot if girl drama this year too

I can't wait to hear how the girls react on mothers day!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 05-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #2031
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Just a quick post to Jeanette....

So happy HRH's MRI was negative. What is the next step with her now?

Good luck to DS (and you) with he tube surgery.

Bree, oh my!!! I hope it's nothing, but yes a must check situation.

HUGS to my Wonder Woman!!!!!!
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 05-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #2032
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I'm going to Disney THIS MONTH!!!
Yippie!

[QUOTE=Koh1977;48274390[/QUOTE]

Krystal I love the new design but I am way too cheap to spend that much on a handbag.

Quote:

jenny Good luck with the bullying situation (((hug)))

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #2033
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Good Morning everyone

I went to JB late yesterday and saw lowest fare $155 I got all excited then saw it is for the 7am flight no way I am getting on ME at 4am and lugging my own bags to save $$$. The one flight I want was/is (prices are same this am) $251 the other still at $280.

Bob has been "sick" past 2 days, Dr changed his meds and he is in a drugged up state. You can not tell him he is taking the pills too close together, he knows it all......the script reads take 4x a day so the idiot Takes one then another etc within a 3-4 hour period. I am so pissed at him he has done this for the past 2 days because he can't sleep( do to his restless leg syndrome unless he drugs himself up.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #2034
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Good Morning everyone

I went to JB late yesterday and saw lowest fare $155 I got all excited then saw it is for the 7am flight no way I am getting on ME at 4am and lugging my own bags to save $$$. The one flight I want was/is (prices are same this am) $251 the other still at $280.

Bob has been "sick" past 2 days, Dr changed his meds and he is in a drugged up state. You can not tell him he is taking the pills too close together, he knows it all......the script reads take 4x a day so the idiot Takes one then another etc within a 3-4 hour period. I am so pissed at him he has done this for the past 2 days because he can't sleep( do to his restless leg syndrome unless he drugs himself up.
Sorry he is dealing with this Sheila, my mom struggles with restless leg too. It is hard with the DH's, why won't they ever listen to us???
Old 05-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #2035
sjs314

Quote:
Sorry he is dealing with this Sheila, my mom struggles with restless leg too. It is hard with the DH's, why won't they ever listen to us???
jenny Sorry your Mom has RLS too. Bob has suffered with it for about 15+ years but in the past year or so mainly since he retired and is less active it flares up mid-late afternoon rather than in the evening or middle of the night, although some nights he is up all night long walking around so his Dr changed his meds he now has a patch he wears all day then these pills which he is to take as needed up to 4x a day.

Men can be terrible when you try to tell them something, That is for sure!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #2036
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
This is adorable!!!! I actually bought my first Disney Dooney last week on our trip. It's a wristlet, and I love it!!!

Quote:

I'm sorry your baby girl is dealing with this. I agree with Melissa though...bullying should be zero tolerance and I would be marching into the school demanding to speak with an administrator. Don't mess with mama bear!!!

Oh, and you are sooooooo close to your trip!!!!!

Well, I am settling back into real life now....back to work/school, softball, gymnastics, MD appointments, you know....real life

When we got back, I was pretty sure that I had Disney'd my family out (including myself). DD's were saying that our next trip should only be 5 days instead of 11....what kid asks for less days at Disney???

I definitely think the fact that we have spent 23 days of the last 9 months at Disney had taken it's toll.

I even took my Disney CD's out of my CD changer in the car, and just planned on living "Disney Free" for a little while.

Well yesterday, I get an email from DH asking for next years Disney dates, so he can put it on the calendar. He wants April, and so do I so we are going to make that happen. And then the girls were saying that perhaps 8 days would be good.

I guess this family can get Disney'd out but it doesn't last very long...So, right now we are planning 7 nights/8 days at the Poly (hopefully CL) in April 2014. Obviously things are on hold until rates come out and until we find out if the military discount will be renewed again....but, the seed has been planted and the plans are in there....

This family is addicted I tell ya!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #2037
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
This is adorable!!!! I actually bought my first Disney Dooney last week on our trip. It's a wristlet, and I love it!!!

I'm sorry your baby girl is dealing with this. I agree with Melissa though...bullying should be zero tolerance and I would be marching into the school demanding to speak with an administrator. Don't mess with mama bear!!!

Oh, and you are sooooooo close to your trip!!!!!

Well, I am settling back into real life now....back to work/school, softball, gymnastics, MD appointments, you know....real life

When we got back, I was pretty sure that I had Disney'd my family out (including myself). DD's were saying that our next trip should only be 5 days instead of 11....what kid asks for less days at Disney???

I definitely think the fact that we have spent 23 days of the last 9 months at Disney had taken it's toll.

I even took my Disney CD's out of my CD changer in the car, and just planned on living "Disney Free" for a little while.

Well yesterday, I get an email from DH asking for next years Disney dates, so he can put it on the calendar. He wants April, and so do I so we are going to make that happen. And then the girls were saying that perhaps 8 days would be good.

I guess this family can get Disney'd out but it doesn't last very long...So, right now we are planning 7 nights/8 days at the Poly (hopefully CL) in April 2014. Obviously things are on hold until rates come out and until we find out if the military discount will be renewed again....but, the seed has been planted and the plans are in there....

I think you are most definitely due to stay at the Poly on your next trip. I have felt Disney'd Out while on vacation but it really dies not last long once you get back home.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #2038
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hellooooooooooooo lovelies!

Janet: Yooooo HOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
T
HRH was so good, it was loud even with headphones, they gave her 3 chocolate bars when she was done. Even the neurologist said she was impressed. The girl is strong, when she sets her mind to do something....unfortunately it holds true for everything...so the 6 going on 16...yup 8 going on 30 for her So far, knock wood, no more headaches......My gut tells me there is something up with Bree, something not caught on tests just yet...I hope I am being paranoid but she shouldn't be having chest pain or shortness of breath at all. She is so excited to see her heart doctor. Bree loves her doctors...they are all female, and very very nice
That is excellent that she loves her docs... makes things easier. I'd be right along with you, momma. Paranoid moms unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
P**ped to pop??? Are you PEEPED? Are you PSUPED? Maybe you're PLUPED

If I don't call for BLT availability then I won't be changing, right?

My DD would envy your effortless ability to be mistaken for a HM CM - we love HM. Which is ironic because DD was scared to death of the ride up until her, umm, tween years

Well, I think BoG will be much fun and you'll be the first in for dinner! But, I think you need to stay longer - do you only have 3 full days? What would be your CM substitute? Can you add days and therefore more ADRs? We LOVE Tokyo Dining and your DD can eat out of a monorail!! (Monorail not included...)

maggiew
Pluped sounds about right.

Is that monorail dish legit?! Because I'll be ordering a kid's meal, if so. Yep, only three full days. That is RC logic: "Add More Days for More ADRs" ... I have been wanting to try Liberty Tree for lunch and I must now get my monorail meal at Tokyo Dining.

So... have you made that BLT call yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I'm going to Disney THIS MONTH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Well we have 3 mos that are too rainy and you don't see the sun guess nowhere is perfect! But yes there is a lot to do here. I can be in Seattle in 3 hrs, Whistler in 90 min, the beach in 5 min, and a lakeshore in 15 min. And just a ferry ride over to Vancouver Island.
You lucky lady, you!

Quote:
Oh, I looooooooooooove this plan!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I would go into the school and talk to someone in the administration. Maybe even have the guidance counselor in on it. Bullying is ZERO tolerance everywhere!!! If DD's teacher won't handle it, someone has to. We have had a lot if girl drama this year too
Your poor DD. Agreed with Melissa. Go have a chat with someone in administration. The teacher doesn't seem to be taking this seriously at all.

Quote:
Krystal I love the new design but I am way too cheap to spend that much on a handbag.
I'm the same. I just keep going back to my Baggallini!

Quote:
Sometimes you couldn't knock sense into them with a shovel. Mine's very stubborn about all things medical. I hope your DH gets it sorted out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Hahaha, we'd expect nothing less from you guys. Let the fun begin...
Old 05-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #2039
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone....DD8 woke up this morning and begged me to let her see how today goes. This big talk was with the teacher yesterday so she wants to see if anything changes today. If not, I am heading in there. I stood at the portable this morning and stared the girl down with the stank eye. Times have changed though, my Mom would've marched right up to the girl and given her what for. But we can't do that today can we.

So I will await todays report.

Candace: Phew, you had me worried there! I think I have heard you talk of a Disney break before.... Once home, missing Disney kicks in doesn't it? We understand!!

Miss: Hi!! Have you all decided on AP's or not?? I might have missed that.

Sheila: Yes, my Mom's restless leg kicks in mostly at night and she sleeps horribly to begin with without the restless leg!!

Melissa: I will come to you for advice on talking to administration ok? I am at the school a lot helping and doing lunch supervisor so at least they know me fairly well. How are you making out with DS at home for schooling with you part time???

Oh yes, I have reserved our pre-cruise night at the Marriot Cocoa Beach! I know we are heading to WDW soon, but I would also love to get that airfare booked too! Airtran and SW should release in the next couple of days!

Jen
Old 05-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #2040
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

In the past 4 months I have changed our ressies 5x...well, Southwest Came out with a deal we could not refuse ($59 one way!) and since it's only on days Tuesday/Wednesdays I have to change my ressie again!

Think I'll stay with Contemporary but now considering doing a split stay, IF we do some days at AoA...and get the QS only, can we opt to upgrade it to DDP for just 2 of the 3 nights? or do you have to upgrade all your stay? We may only want to upgrade 1 night..

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: