Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #1891
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Glad to hear you are on the mend!

ugh. Just when you think things can't get any worse

It sure does sound like an amazing trip! And a fantastic upgrade as well, wow!
? Where do you get the 3D glasses? Are they only given out at the Wishes Dessert party? We decided to book it for August, never done it before.
It was a private Illuminations dessert party that she booked...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #1892
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
It was a private Illuminations dessert party that she booked...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Oh! We were thinking of booking the Private Illuminations party thru our TA who's hosting one, then decided we would prefer the Wishes one. hmmmmm, I really don't know how the private parties differ from Wishes May have to rethink!
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #1893
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Making some time to catch up with my RC family tonight Although I should disclose I had a heavy handed pour tonight

We took advantage of living in South Florida today and got outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. I needed to pick up a pastry bag and tips at the cooking store which happens to be in a posh shopping/eating area today so we strolled around a bit, then headed to the nature center across from the beach, and finally ended the afternoon with a walk on the beach. Just a perfect Florida day

KOOK - since you will understand, our day was Mizner Park, Gumbo Limbo and a walk on Delray Beach I need to stop over on the CR thread, I know it got a little heated the other day. Sooooo, did I miss any RC'ing on your part

i_heart - I am so thrilled that every moment of your vacation was well, as the Bostonian in me would say, "wicked awesome" Congrats on the very magical upgrade and it sounds like besides the vow renewal being moved, everything was perfect!!!

Marie -I just dont know what to say, besides I am sending lots of Since the phrase when it rains it pours doesnt seem to fit anymore, I will include you on what my friend and I have decided to call hurricane season I really am praying for your family and hoping that something happens with the correction department by Monday

Candace - okay you said it, summers in New England....now I want to go to Attitash and Lake Winnipesaukee Okay, back to Dis, I cant wait to hear your full trip report. Your pics of BoG looked amazing tonight!!!!

Koh - how are you feeling? Better, I hope.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!


Melissa
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 12:01 AM   #1894
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,203

Well....packing up after another wonderful trip!!! We leave tomorrow night when the ME picks us up at 6:25 pm.

Just like last time...it was a great trip, but we are ready to go home! Tomorrow will be busy as we plan to hit AK to ride EE one more time and then book over to DHS to ride RNR and TOT again before heading home.

We had a great night at MK tonight. Spent alot of time in New Fantasyland. I have to say...I love the new additions. I wasn't sure about how Enchanted Tales with Belle would be based on what I have read, but I'll tell you, it had my jaw to the floor a couple of times...and in tears when DD6 got up on her own to go meet Belle....she's usually so shy but could not give up that opportunity...especially after watching DD8 who had gotten picked for the show (she played the silverware ). It was just wonderful.

BOG was fantastic. The food, the theme, the service...all fantastic. Again, because of the people on the Dis, as eager as I was to eat here, I was kind of expecting a mediocre experience, but it was absolutely amazing. We are all in agreement that BOG will be a must do for us again next year.

Well, it's late, and we have a long day of park hopping and then travel back home...we won't land in Boston until about 12:20 am

More trip details to come on Monday while I do boatloads of dirty laundry!!!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 12:52 AM   #1895
chimo2u
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Well....packing up after another wonderful trip!!! We leave tomorrow night when the ME picks us up at 6:25 pm.

Just like last time...it was a great trip, but we are ready to go home! Tomorrow will be busy as we plan to hit AK to ride EE one more time and then book over to DHS to ride RNR and TOT again before heading home.

We had a great night at MK tonight. Spent alot of time in New Fantasyland. I have to say...I love the new additions. I wasn't sure about how Enchanted Tales with Belle would be based on what I have read, but I'll tell you, it had my jaw to the floor a couple of times...and in tears when DD6 got up on her own to go meet Belle....she's usually so shy but could not give up that opportunity...especially after watching DD8 who had gotten picked for the show (she played the silverware ). It was just wonderful.

BOG was fantastic. The food, the theme, the service...all fantastic. Again, because of the people on the Dis, as eager as I was to eat here, I was kind of expecting a mediocre experience, but it was absolutely amazing. We are all in agreement that BOG will be a must do for us again next year.

Well, it's late, and we have a long day of park hopping and then travel back home...we won't land in Boston until about 12:20 am

More trip details to come on Monday while I do boatloads of dirty laundry!!!
Safe travels home, Candace! I am so happy to hear your trip went so well, and it's wonderful you got to meet so many of our RCer family! Excited to hear all about your wonderful trip and where your next journey will take your wonderful family I hope we get the chance to meet one day

I know you, it won't be long till you're planning Next Time
__________________
Thanks Kook


Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 01:04 AM   #1896
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

i_heart What a fantastic surprise! I am glad you had a spectacular trip. It sounds like everything went perfect!

Marie You just cant catch a break this year. Still praying for you all.

Candace I am so glad you guys had a wonderful trip! It sounds like everything has gone well. I am so excited for our ADR at BoG in October!


I can now say 33 more days for us!!! I am so excited to get away for a few days. I am just so fed up with daily life and stress here. Work, family, everything just seems to be annoying me. The stress is making it much harder for me to lose this weight, which makes me more upset because I hate how I look...an endless cycle. Ok enough of my pity party. I hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying their weekend.


Oh, one more thing. I was so happy to read that Cali Grill is slated to open in September. I saw kook post it tonight on the CR thread. I have never been there and I am so looking forward to it in October!
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #1897
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Oh! We were thinking of booking the Private Illuminations party thru our TA who's hosting one, then decided we would prefer the Wishes one. hmmmmm, I really don't know how the private parties differ from Wishes May have to rethink!
I'm not sure how a private party booked though a group would work. I think I would prefer the Wishes party if it was going to be with a group either way.

-------------

First attempt at catching up

Dani
- Sorry you were having problems with your tooth. Tooth pain is so hard to manage! I hope you are fully healed ASAP!

Jenny - Sending positive thought on DD's chicken pox. I hope it is done and gone before the trip and that nobody else gets them.

Babyberger - Give Steven and yourself extra hugs from me. Getting meds right seems like a nightmare for all involved.

chimo - Wow! I am so sorry that your family has been hit so hard this year. Sending P&PTs that the lockdown situation is quickly resolved.

Mousemommy - Safe travels today. Enjoy your last day of hoppin the world!

wookie - Sending good thoughts on your school and meds issues. I hope you get everything ironed out right away!

koh - Feel better soon!

Miss - Are the 'rents still there? Everybody behaving? Sending good thoughts for all and happy b-day to Miss M!

I know I still missed a bunch. I'll try again later today
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #1898
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Well....packing up after another wonderful trip!!! We leave tomorrow night when the ME picks us up at 6:25 pm.

Just like last time...it was a great trip, but we are ready to go home! Tomorrow will be busy as we plan to hit AK to ride EE one more time and then book over to DHS to ride RNR and TOT again before heading home.

We had a great night at MK tonight. Spent alot of time in New Fantasyland. I have to say...I love the new additions. I wasn't sure about how Enchanted Tales with Belle would be based on what I have read, but I'll tell you, it had my jaw to the floor a couple of times...and in tears when DD6 got up on her own to go meet Belle....she's usually so shy but could not give up that opportunity...especially after watching DD8 who had gotten picked for the show (she played the silverware ). It was just wonderful.

BOG was fantastic. The food, the theme, the service...all fantastic. Again, because of the people on the Dis, as eager as I was to eat here, I was kind of expecting a mediocre experience, but it was absolutely amazing. We are all in agreement that BOG will be a must do for us again next year.

Well, it's late, and we have a long day of park hopping and then travel back home...we won't land in Boston until about 12:20 am

More trip details to come on Monday while I do boatloads of dirty laundry!!!
Sounds like a wonderful time . We went to BOG for lunch, and thought the theming was amazing. And food was good.
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #1899
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Well....packing up after another wonderful trip!!! We leave tomorrow night when the ME picks us up at 6:25 pm.

Just like last time...it was a great trip, but we are ready to go home! Tomorrow will be busy as we plan to hit AK to ride EE one more time and then book over to DHS to ride RNR and TOT again before heading home.

We had a great night at MK tonight. Spent alot of time in New Fantasyland. I have to say...I love the new additions. I wasn't sure about how Enchanted Tales with Belle would be based on what I have read, but I'll tell you, it had my jaw to the floor a couple of times...and in tears when DD6 got up on her own to go meet Belle....she's usually so shy but could not give up that opportunity...especially after watching DD8 who had gotten picked for the show (she played the silverware ). It was just wonderful.

BOG was fantastic. The food, the theme, the service...all fantastic. Again, because of the people on the Dis, as eager as I was to eat here, I was kind of expecting a mediocre experience, but it was absolutely amazing. We are all in agreement that BOG will be a must do for us again next year.

Well, it's late, and we have a long day of park hopping and then travel back home...we won't land in Boston until about 12:20 am

More trip details to come on Monday while I do boatloads of dirty laundry!!!
MM Have a wonderful last day and safe trip home

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
i_heart What a fantastic surprise! I am glad you had a spectacular trip. It sounds like everything went perfect!

Marie You just cant catch a break this year. Still praying for you all.

Candace I am so glad you guys had a wonderful trip! It sounds like everything has gone well. I am so excited for our ADR at BoG in October!


I can now say 33 more days for us!!! I am so excited to get away for a few days. I am just so fed up with daily life and stress here. Work, family, everything just seems to be annoying me. The stress is making it much harder for me to lose this weight, which makes me more upset because I hate how I look...an endless cycle. Ok enough of my pity party. I hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying their weekend.


Oh, one more thing. I was so happy to read that Cali Grill is slated to open in September. I saw kook post it tonight on the CR thread. I have never been there and I am so looking forward to it in October!
Dani 33 Days! Your trip is coming up so fast! I still have 189 days to wait
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #1900
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
MM Have a wonderful last day and safe trip home



Dani 33 Days! Your trip is coming up so fast! I still have 189 days to wait
Your ADRs are coming up soon though! That's exciting. I'm still working ours out for October. I did a bunch last night. I know it wasn't letting people do 180+10 online, but it let me do it last night so I took advantage of it! lol
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #1901
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Your ADRs are coming up soon though! That's exciting. I'm still working ours out for October. I did a bunch last night. I know it wasn't letting people do 180+10 online, but it let me do it last night so I took advantage of it! lol
I hope it works on 5/7 for me I hate calling! Other than our first day being spent entirely at the Poly and doing 'Ohana(hopefully)for dinner that evening, Kona for a backup, our other days depend on if I am able to snag a BOG for some night M-Th since Fri will be MK but also our last day and will have to get back to Poly for ME pickup before dinner.

I thought about CG but since we are not doing the DP this trip, maybe next time.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #1902
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I hope it works on 5/7 for me I hate calling! Other than our first day being spent entirely at the Poly and doing 'Ohana(hopefully)for dinner that evening, Kona for a backup, our other days depend on if I am able to snag a BOG for some night M-Th since Fri will be MK but also our last day and will have to get back to Poly for ME pickup before dinner.

I thought about CG but since we are not doing the DP this trip, maybe next time.
I was able to get a second BoG last night at a great time. I think if you make it for later in your trip you will be fine.
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #1903
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I was able to get a second BoG last night at a great time. I think if you make it for later in your trip you will be fine.
I hope so. Congrates on the second BOG, I managed to snag a second ADR for there back in December but decided to cancel it to give someone else a chance and later regretted canceling it.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #1904
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!
 
Minnie&Nana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA/NC
Posts: 15,702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Oh! We were thinking of booking the Private Illuminations party thru our TA who's hosting one, then decided we would prefer the Wishes one. hmmmmm, I really don't know how the private parties differ from Wishes May have to rethink!
A few years ago we attended an IlumiNations Dessert Party hosted by MFT for their clients who booked a particular December trip with them - it was held in a lower level next to Rose and Crown (in the bridge side). It was okay, but not phenomenal. We had so much smoke and ash coming toward us during the fireworks .... if not under an umbrella guests would have been covered in ash, so we were very happy that we chose to sit under the umbrella rather than stand down by the water. The desserts were okay too, but not out of those world. What was most fun was before the Dessert Party the entire group of about 100 was given special pins and taken through the back entrance of Soarin' for a private ride! We all had a fantastic time and did enjoy the dessert party - I think another location might have been better...then again, it will likely depend on how much wind and direction that night.
__________________
Christine

Minnie&Nana is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #1905
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Hi friends!!! Candace and iheart~welcome home!

iheart~Queen of WDW pixiedust!!!!!!

jen~hows the casa de pollo pox my dear....you WILL make it to WDW

Ginny~big big hugs, glad you have a great Dr!

HRH did AWESOME in her MRI and I am awaiting results, on trip related news...I MAY have talked DH into a WDW trip...saving US/IoA for 2014! YAY!!!

Resort of the day...BWI CL..do not ask...I have no answer. I am thinking of going back to July so I can use my AP and the 35% off of course!!

My new class starts tomorrow...I got a 4.0 this term!! Go me!!

So who would be in WDW 7/20-26th...any RCers....
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: