Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 11:06 PM   #1876
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
So many pages to read this morning!

Marie I had to laugh ... you love the AK bus ride!?!?

funny enough, I DO I find it relaxing and very prompt -- even better, Kidani is first picked up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Exciting news ..... I just booked my room at the Grand Californian for the DL Diva trip next Feb/Mar!!!!
YIPPEE! Christine and I too! I can't wait!
[QUOTE=Janet B;48210342]Okay.you.have.me.at.pub.crawl.

Going over the list of friends who might be interested (if DH doesn't mind me going on the trip )... including a friend from HS that I recently re-connected with... Stay tuned!! Of course if any other RCers want to jump in, let it be known!!

JANET: that would be AWESOME! and as Christine said, room with us, we three would be perfect roomies!

Marie & Christine!

[QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
I do believe the invitation has been extended by Marie and myself ...all we need is a rollaway.
^^Definitely!^^

ETA: sorry some responses are mixed with quotes, still learning to multi quote! My responses where in red, lol

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 04-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #1877
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji2012 View Post
I've never posted here before, though I have read through some of the previous threads (not this one), as different resorts always interest me, though I've never done an intense investigation. My BF owns DVC; so I never thought I've had a true need. But that might be changing as I plan a very special trip for my 40th birthday, which I am considering extending to include a solo portion. It's not until September 2014 but I'm one of those intense planner types. So, while I'm not an official resort changer yet, I sure am in my head!

So my question is HOW do you choose!?! (Not sure if it's a rhetorical question or not!)

I think I've ruled out values because at least part; if not most of the time; I want to be relaxed! I don't get that vibe from any of the values. (I also understand the differences between them, um, not at all!)

A couple of the mods are interesting to me particularly CSR and POR; but POFQ doesn't look so bad either. (I'm not a fan of the CBR decor. So while I'm sure it's lovely, I rather to come back to a room that I find...pretty.)

But...I loooooove having a balcony, nothing is more relaxing to me, and I don't think the mods have balconies....so we move on to the deluxes.

BWI, WL, and AKL are off the list...I've stayed at their DVC counterparts, and I want it to be someplace brand new. YC/BC are lower down on the list as we will probably stay at their DVC counterpart soon enough.

Sure CR has BLT...but the location? Perfection, and I think I read you can watch wishes from the club level lounge or balcony?

GF...not really my style....BUT it has a spa AND the afternoon tea.

And then there is the Poly...the first resort I stepped foot in on Disney property. And the only place I love more than Disney is Hawaii. And the club level offerings look so wonderful, but it so expensive for just 1 person....so now I circle back to the values; because with the money I save I could do X, Y, and Z! You know a spa day and dinner at V & A.

and then I could always split stay...particularly if I extend the trip by another whole week!

My head is exploding.

Thanks for listening!
I would vote for Poly, garden view Going in Sept, they often have discounts of 30 or 35% off Deluxe rooms, discounts are out now thru Aug 14. So next release will be for Late Aug/Sept. Keep watching. And they are refurbing the Poly rooms now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say hello really quick. I had a great day today!! I spent most of it at my friend's in home day care. The idea was, I come over a couple of times a week until I take over for her to go on vacation. This way the kids (who most of them are around 2) are used to me. Today, she only had 3 there. She charges by the day, so the parents don't bring them every day since they are not paying for the week not matter how many days they are there. Luckily, there will be another lady there with me, that the kids do know. She keeps one little girl that will be 2 in June (or maybe it was July). She can count to 28, knows all of her animals and the sounds they make, and know all of her letters (and I think numbers) by site. In fact the one boy she keeps,(that will be going to Kindergarten in the fall) asks this little girl the answer to questions when he doesn't know it.

Anyway, I'm off to take care of my FarmVille2 farm and then to read.
Glad you had a good day
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 02:19 AM   #1878
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Yeah, we have always avoided going on our April break because of Easter. This year turned out fine because Easter was in March. I thought next April would be out of the question because of Easter being on 4/20, but all crowd predictors and recommendations show the week starting 4/26 as low crowds!! and the girls spring break starts the 26th.

So, that will probably happen. But today.....well, the girls finally had enough of vacation I think....DD8 has been emotional allllll day loooong....and then tonight she started crying in line at Test Track and said that she wanted to go home and sleep in her bed and see her kitty... Well, that led DD6 to start bawling too....quite a scene I tell ya!!

It was nothing that a ride on TT and some new stuffed animals couldn't resolve, but yeahhhhh.....I think they are vacationed out, and I'm not sure that this ( ) won't happen again....

Oh well, I miss our kitty too. I'm thinking we will maybe just do 8 nights next time instead of our normal 10? . DD8 says that 5 nights sounds good, but after a good break, I'm sure that will change.

Anyway, we are still having a wonderful time, but when we go home, there will be no tears, ya know...it will be time.

Tomorrow night is BOG dinner!!! Can't wait!
MM Disney can be tiring and stressfull for us adults so it must be worse on younger kids I would think. My youngest was 9 the first time we went but we were only there for 4 days and there were only 2 parks MK and Epcot. WDW is so huge now it can be overwhelming. I find now the 5 nights/6 days is just about perfect and going twice last year for the short trips was great.
Have fun at BOG it is amazing and I don't think the girls will want to head home tomorrow.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-27-2013, 02:23 AM   #1879
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say hello really quick. I had a great day today!! I spent most of it at my friend's in home day care. The idea was, I come over a couple of times a week until I take over for her to go on vacation. This way the kids (who most of them are around 2) are used to me. Today, she only had 3 there. She charges by the day, so the parents don't bring them every day since they are not paying for the week not matter how many days they are there. Luckily, there will be another lady there with me, that the kids do know. She keeps one little girl that will be 2 in June (or maybe it was July). She can count to 28, knows all of her animals and the sounds they make, and know all of her letters (and I think numbers) by site. In fact the one boy she keeps,(that will be going to Kindergarten in the fall) asks this little girl the answer to questions when he doesn't know it.

Anyway, I'm off to take care of my FarmVille2 farm and then to read.
wookie Happy to hear you had a great day!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-27-2013, 07:24 AM   #1880
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Good morning all! And welcome to Benji!

So I slept on the couch last night from when DD went to bed (after I gave her a bath) until this morning about 6am. But I am feeling much better this morning! No more chills and now my stomach just feels empty. :-) (I didn't even eat dinner last night) my head hurts, but that could be due to the hunger issue as well...

Hope everyone has a good day!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-27-2013, 07:52 AM   #1881
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
MM Disney can be tiring and stressfull for us adults so it must be worse on younger kids I would think. My youngest was 9 the first time we went but we were only there for 4 days and there were only 2 parks MK and Epcot. WDW is so huge now it can be overwhelming. I find now the 5 nights/6 days is just about perfect and going twice last year for the short trips was great.
Have fun at BOG it is amazing and I don't think the girls will want to head home tomorrow.
I definitely wasn't insulted by their feelings. I absolutely respect their feelings. This has been their 4th trip in less than 4 years, so it was inevitable that they would at some point get overwhelmed.

I think our year long break will be good and they will be ready to hit it again!

They are both sleeping still right now....hopefully that will help too.

We are kind of shifting our focus to summer now! Summer in NH is fantastic, we've got beaches, mountains, and Red Sox games at Fenway, and the kids are looking forward to see what adventures summer brings.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 04-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #1882
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

I definitely wasn't insulted by their feelings. I absolutely respect their feelings. This has been their 4th trip in less than 4 years, so it was inevitable that they would at some point get overwhelmed.

I think our year long break will be good and they will be ready to hit it again!

They are both sleeping still right now....hopefully that will help too.

We are kind of shifting our focus to summer now! Summer in NH is fantastic, we've got beaches, mountains, and Red Sox games at Fenway, and the kids are looking forward to see what adventures summer brings.
Sounds like a great plan! And yeah...this will be my DS's 4th trip in 5 years? He loves it right now but I think next year's break will be good timing. And this year's AKL stay with a bit more laid back tone will help too.

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #1883
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

hi guys I am thinking that 2013 is the year to forget for our family! When it rains, it pours...... I don't know if any of you heard about the accident on the M62 in Pontefract, England. 20 people injured, 8 critically. One of those in serious condition was my hubby's cousin's X who has two little boys -- their mom has multiple serious injuries. Praying for her recovery.
As if that isn't enough bad news, our Corrections staff/ Remand centre has walked off the job. We are in a state of emergency with the corrections staff , police have been called in and management had to step up to deal with the prisoners. They are on lockdown. my centre where I work (young offender centre) has left the centre with only 6 managers on staff to man the situation....the staff walked out to show solidarity to the neighbouring remand centre.....I don't know what I am going to do on Monday if this continues! I am admin staff, but I don't want to be stepping on toes or crossing any picket lines! I hope it's settled soon...,its getting crazier by the hour -- inmates locked up, no nurses in the blg, no Meds dispensed, inmates are starting to go crazy getting agitated after being on lockdown so long! Soon, it'll get worse and worse -- hungry, unmediated, violent offenders does not make for a happy situation! Fingers crossed things work out soon.
I hope you all are having a much better day than me, LOL!
love y'all, thanks for being here for me through all life's craziness this last few months!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 04-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #1884
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Hey ladies! I'm baaaaack!

I'll try to catch up over the weekend between unpacking, and kid's commitments. I probably won't be able to post pics till they go back to school.

I just wanted to say it was great meeting Mousemommy! I hope you guys are enjoying your last few days

We had the absolute trip of a lifetime. I am so sad that it is over

Our vow renewal had a last minute change and was held over on Tom Sawyer's Island with BTMRR in the background. I was a bit disappointed to not get my castle pics, but it was wonderful nonetheless. The kids thought the scavenger hunt through the MK was the single best thing they have ever done at WDW. Well worth it!

The Dessert Party was awesome. We got 3D glasses that made all of the fireworks look like hidden mickeys. So cool! The desserts were AMAZING (except for the creme brulee which was horrible! It tasted like chocolate pudding. I have no idea what happened there. ) The view of Illuminations was to die for. I will totally be doing this again someday for another special treat.

The parks were so uncrowded, the weather was beautiful and everything just seemed to go right!

The big news.... we got the MOTHER LOAD of pixie dust! We were given the PRESIDENTIAL SUITE!!!!!!!! OMG. I can't even begin to explain how amazing it was. Two bedrooms, three bathrooms, full living room, full dining room, kitchenette, turret sun room, three balconies. Just the living space alone was bigger then the lounge! We did not want to leave!

All in all, this trip will be hard to beat. Of course, it won't stop us from trying!

I missed all of you! Can't wait to see what everybody has been up to!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 04-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #1885
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post

I'll try to catch up over the weekend between unpacking, and kid's commitments. I probably won't be able to post pics till they go back to school.

I just wanted to say it was great meeting Mousemommy! I hope you guys are enjoying your last few days

Our vow renewal had a last minute change and was held over on Tom Sawyer's Island with BTMRR in the background. I was a bit disappointed to not get my castle pics, but it was wonderful nonetheless. The kids thought the scavenger hunt through the MK was the single best thing they have ever done at WDW. Well worth it!

The Dessert Party was awesome. We got 3D glasses that made all of the fireworks look like hidden mickeys. So cool! The desserts were AMAZING (except for the creme brulee which was horrible! It tasted like chocolate pudding. I have no idea what happened there. ) The view of Illuminations was to die for. I will totally be doing this again someday for another special treat.

The parks were so uncrowded, the weather was beautiful and everything just seemed to go right!

The big news.... we got the MOTHER LOAD of pixie dust! We were given the PRESIDENTIAL SUITE!!!!!!!! OMG. I can't even begin to explain how amazing it was. Two bedrooms, three bathrooms, full living room, full dining room, kitchenette, turret sun room, three balconies. Just the living space alone was bigger then the lounge! We did not want to leave!

All in all, this trip will be hard to beat. Of course, it won't stop us from trying!

HOW AMAZING!!! So happy for your family, it really does sound like a magical trip! Awesome!
Old 04-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #1886
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wow!! Sounds like you had a magical vacation!! :-) will be waiting to see all those pics!!

Old 04-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #1887
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
hi guys I am thinking that 2013 is the year to forget for our family! When it rains, it pours...... I don't know if any of you heard about the accident on the M62 in Pontefract, England. 20 people injured, 8 critically. One of those in serious condition was my hubby's cousin's X who has two little boys -- their mom has multiple serious injuries. Praying for her recovery.
As if that isn't enough bad news, our Corrections staff/ Remand centre has walked off the job. We are in a state of emergency with the corrections staff , police have been called in and management had to step up to deal with the prisoners. They are on lockdown. my centre where I work (young offender centre) has left the centre with only 6 managers on staff to man the situation....the staff walked out to show solidarity to the neighbouring remand centre.....I don't know what I am going to do on Monday if this continues! I am admin staff, but I don't want to be stepping on toes or crossing any picket lines! I hope it's settled soon...,its getting crazier by the hour -- inmates locked up, no nurses in the blg, no Meds dispensed, inmates are starting to go crazy getting agitated after being on lockdown so long! Soon, it'll get worse and worse -- hungry, unmediated, violent offenders does not make for a happy situation! Fingers crossed things work out soon.
love y'all, thanks for being here for me through all life's craziness this last few months!
Wow!! *hugs* take care!!

Old 04-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #1888
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

I heart- what an absolute thrill, can't wait to see the pics.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 04-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #1889
sjs314

Quote:
Marie Will keep your family in England in my prayers. The prison situation sounds crazy not to mention scary Stay Safe!

Quote:

I_Heart awesome pixie dust!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #1890
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Good morning all! And welcome to Benji!

So I slept on the couch last night from when DD went to bed (after I gave her a bath) until this morning about 6am. But I am feeling much better this morning! No more chills and now my stomach just feels empty. :-) (I didn't even eat dinner last night) my head hurts, but that could be due to the hunger issue as well...

Hope everyone has a good day!

Glad to hear you are on the mend!

Quote:
ugh. Just when you think things can't get any worse

Quote:

It sure does sound like an amazing trip! And a fantastic upgrade as well, wow!
? Where do you get the 3D glasses? Are they only given out at the Wishes Dessert party? We decided to book it for August, never done it before.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: