Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #1861
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
DH has been LOVING this April trip! We have had great crowds, great weather, and an amazing time. He said he wants to go in April next year! So, it looks like our dates are set, since our April school vacation week is a recommended week!!!!

Dates will probably be from 4/26-5/4 (give or take a few days depending on airfare)....but, yay!!!!

Resort.....TBD.....
Awesome!! Glad you're having such a great time! :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #1862
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
DH has been LOVING this April trip! We have had great crowds, great weather, and an amazing time. He said he wants to go in April next year! So, it looks like our dates are set, since our April school vacation week is a recommended week!!!!

Dates will probably be from 4/26-5/4 (give or take a few days depending on airfare)....but, yay!!!!

Resort.....TBD.....
That is awesome!!!

You know we will be more than happy to help you pick a resort.....and help enable you to change it 20 times!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #1863
benji2012
Mouseketeer

Hope I'm in the right place!

I've never posted here before, though I have read through some of the previous threads (not this one), as different resorts always interest me, though I've never done an intense investigation. My BF owns DVC; so I never thought I've had a true need. But that might be changing as I plan a very special trip for my 40th birthday, which I am considering extending to include a solo portion. It's not until September 2014 but I'm one of those intense planner types. So, while I'm not an official resort changer yet, I sure am in my head!

So my question is HOW do you choose!?! (Not sure if it's a rhetorical question or not!)

I think I've ruled out values because at least part; if not most of the time; I want to be relaxed! I don't get that vibe from any of the values. (I also understand the differences between them, um, not at all!)

A couple of the mods are interesting to me particularly CSR and POR; but POFQ doesn't look so bad either. (I'm not a fan of the CBR decor. So while I'm sure it's lovely, I rather to come back to a room that I find...pretty.)

But...I loooooove having a balcony, nothing is more relaxing to me, and I don't think the mods have balconies....so we move on to the deluxes.

BWI, WL, and AKL are off the list...I've stayed at their DVC counterparts, and I want it to be someplace brand new. YC/BC are lower down on the list as we will probably stay at their DVC counterpart soon enough.

Sure CR has BLT...but the location? Perfection, and I think I read you can watch wishes from the club level lounge or balcony?

GF...not really my style....BUT it has a spa AND the afternoon tea.

And then there is the Poly...the first resort I stepped foot in on Disney property. And the only place I love more than Disney is Hawaii. And the club level offerings look so wonderful, but it so expensive for just 1 person....so now I circle back to the values; because with the money I save I could do X, Y, and Z! You know a spa day and dinner at V & A.

and then I could always split stay...particularly if I extend the trip by another whole week!

My head is exploding.

Thanks for listening!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #1864
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Hey all- sitting outside the hs waiting to pick up J, he has late practice today-4:30- so we'll be back again- good thing it's only 5 minutes

Been working on the non-Disney portion or our trip, because we drive figuring out different places to stay as this is " vacation" and not a "Disney trip"

We, too, love chh and stop there every visit and we plan on standing in line at bog for lunch again -45 minutes both times. Magical issues...I can just see the carts having minds of their own

Have a great rest of your day-
Cynthia
How fun planning the drive, nice distraction from Dis planning Have fun playing chauffeur today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Glad she is feeling better! I know I could use a good night's sleep! Have a great weekend!

I have done the math before too, and It would make sense if there are no discounts available, but if you can get a discount through CRO, that would usually be better. The other thing that I never really realized until we bought DVC is that the "seasons" for DVC and CRO aren't always the same. So it could be value season for CRO, but regular season for DVC, making the saving less.

Enjoy the rest of your day. It is so nice outside....I wish I was out there too!
Yeah, I noticed that the DVC and the resort seasons don't match up I actually keep looking into DVC and actually did a phone tour today (got a card in the mail from our Dis Visa to get a $40 Dis GC just for making the call). I have always had a lot of questions and even though DH says NO, I feel like it is worth it and maybe when his work stuff settles down I will bring it up again.

Quote:

Resort.....TBD.....
I am so happy to hear that you are having a great time, although I never thought you wouldn't How are your friends liking it? Cant wait to see where your RC adventures for the next year will take us

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #1865
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Resort.....TBD.....
I know this is crazy to think so far ahead...but that week is one of the ones DH and I have talked about for next year to squeeze one more trip out of our AP's!

So glad to hear you are having a 'magical' time! Hope your date night was stupendous!! I will await your review of the Sandcastle Club.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #1866
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji2012 View Post
I've never posted here before, though I have read through some of the previous threads (not this one), as different resorts always interest me, though I've never done an intense investigation. My BF owns DVC; so I never thought I've had a true need. But that might be changing as I plan a very special trip for my 40th birthday, which I am considering extending to include a solo portion. It's not until September 2014 but I'm one of those intense planner types. So, while I'm not an official resort changer yet, I sure am in my head!

So my question is HOW do you choose!?! (Not sure if it's a rhetorical question or not!)

I think I've ruled out values because at least part; if not most of the time; I want to be relaxed! I don't get that vibe from any of the values. (I also understand the differences between them, um, not at all!)

A couple of the mods are interesting to me particularly CSR and POR; but POFQ doesn't look so bad either. (I'm not a fan of the CBR decor. So while I'm sure it's lovely, I rather to come back to a room that I find...pretty.)

But...I loooooove having a balcony, nothing is more relaxing to me, and I don't think the mods have balconies....so we move on to the deluxes.

BWI, WL, and AKL are off the list...I've stayed at their DVC counterparts, and I want it to be someplace brand new. YC/BC are lower down on the list as we will probably stay at their DVC counterpart soon enough.

Sure CR has BLT...but the location? Perfection, and I think I read you can watch wishes from the club level lounge or balcony?

And then there is the Poly...the first resort I stepped foot in on Disney property. And the only place I love more than Disney is Hawaii. And the club level offerings look so wonderful, but it so expensive for just 1 person....so now I circle back to the values; because with the money I save I could do X, Y, and Z! You know a spa day and dinner at V & A.

and then I could always split stay...particularly if I extend the trip by another whole week!

My head is exploding.

Thanks for listening!
! You are in the right place for help!! I think all the ladies here can give you their opinions no problem! We love the Poly....hope to get back there someday!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #1867
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My head is exploding.

Thanks for listening!

Welcome You have landed in the right spot. We all understand the head spinning resort choices. Money over comfort, humanities over money, etc, etc. If there weren't so many choices it would all be so much easier

I think you have a good start to what you don't want, and that is HUGE! It sounds like it will be a special trip for sure. How long do you think you will be at WDW total? A split stay is definitely doable.

I have to say we absolutely LOVE CR, and I never thought I would say that. I had no interest in staying but the kids really wanted to, so we did, and one trip did CL. It was honestly an amazing trip! We booked a Bay Lake View room and were able to watch Wishes from the CL and it was perfect. My family doesn't have a big interest in Poly but I definitely see the draw to it. I think you have two great choices, why not try to stay at both? You could also start at CR in the Garden Wing to save some money then move over to Poly CL

Again welcome and fire away with your questions, together we can all offer quite differing opinions.

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #1868
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Jen - how is DD doing? Any signs of CP on the other two

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #1869
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Jen - how is DD doing? Any signs of CP on the other two
Funny you should mention that...I just had DD4 under the kitchen light showing DH two spots I see on her. I guess we will see tomorrow if it is progressing or just something else. They were playing outside so it could be a scratch or two....I hope.

DD8 is such a trooper, she is not scratching even though she wants to, we just keep applying the calamine and giving her oatmeal baths. I think total she has about 40 spots, nowhere near as bad as it could be. Today there were no new ones and lots of them are scabbing over and causing her discomfort. Hoping tomorrow she will be even better.

Thank you so much for asking....

Glad your DD is feeling ok. Sometimes they just need some down time. Down time....what is that anyway????
Old 04-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #1870
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

Resort.....TBD.....
MM We went for years in April because of the Spring School Break which always seemed to coincide with Easter. Easter falls on 4/20 next year so just be aware you will encounter much heavier crowds in 2014 going those dates.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #1871
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

My head is exploding.

Thanks for listening!
benji There are just way too many places to stay ! I have never stayed at any of the values. As far as Mods go The 2 I have stayed at POFQ and CSR were both good expierences, CSR mimics being at a deluxe more, but I like you want my balcony. Having a balcony just adds to your vacation. Since you say you love Hawaii I would say the Poly sounds like a good fit.
We have requested a patio instead of a balcony when we stay there this November, which will be a first for both the Poly and the patio.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #1872
benji2012
Mouseketeer

You are all awesome and so welcoming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
! You are in the right place for help!! I think all the ladies here can give you their opinions no problem! We love the Poly....hope to get back there someday!
Thanks! Another thing I like about the Poly is that is has been around longer than I have it has a history to iit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Welcome You have landed in the right spot. We all understand the head spinning resort choices. Money over comfort, humanities over money, etc, etc. If there weren't so many choices it would all be so much easier

I think you have a good start to what you don't want, and that is HUGE! It sounds like it will be a special trip for sure. How long do you think you will be at WDW total? A split stay is definitely doable.

I have to say we absolutely LOVE CR, and I never thought I would say that. I had no interest in staying but the kids really wanted to, so we did, and one trip did CL. It was honestly an amazing trip! We booked a Bay Lake View room and were able to watch Wishes from the CL and it was perfect. My family doesn't have a big interest in Poly but I definitely see the draw to it. I think you have two great choices, why not try to stay at both? You could also start at CR in the Garden Wing to save some money then move over to Poly CL

Again welcome and fire away with your questions, together we can all offer quite differing opinions.

Melissa
Thanks Melissa! I'm not exactly sure how long the full trip will be anywhere from 10 days to two weeks...but three nights will be at AKL or at OKW for the grand gathering of sorts with my friends and family.

Right now I'm thinking of heading down on a Wednesday, having them all come Saturday-Tuesday, and then I would be alone Tuesday-Sunday

Wishes is my favorite thing at WDW...and the thought of being able to see multiple times in one trip is almost overwhelming. I never thought I'd like CR, but after staying at BLT last year I realized it had it's own magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
benji There are just way too many places to stay ! I have never stayed at any of the values. As far as Mods go The 2 I have stayed at POFQ and CSR were both good expierences, CSR mimics being at a deluxe more, but I like you want my balcony. Having a balcony just adds to your vacation. Since you say you love Hawaii I would say the Poly sounds like a good fit.
We have requested a patio instead of a balcony when we stay there this November, which will be a first for both the Poly and the patio.
A patio would be fine too! The closest I've gotten to POR or POFQ is from a pontoon boat on the river; but I have often been drawn to trip reports at both. And one of my favorite memories with DBF is going to CSR on a a total whim and spending a relaxing hour or two at an outside (pool?) bar. I'm starting to go through some of the threads, I am liking CSR more and more.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #1873
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

Resort.....TBD.....
We also loved going for April break. Because ours is always the 3rd week in April it was after peak season and it was usually just CT and MA people- haha. Next year, not so lucky, Easter is the end of the week. But, it's not like we can go anywhere for Spring Break... those high school spring sports commitments are a pain!!

Hope your trip continues on it's magical journey
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 04-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #1874
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
MM We went for years in April because of the Spring School Break which always seemed to coincide with Easter. Easter falls on 4/20 next year so just be aware you will encounter much heavier crowds in 2014 going those dates.
Yeah, we have always avoided going on our April break because of Easter. This year turned out fine because Easter was in March. I thought next April would be out of the question because of Easter being on 4/20, but all crowd predictors and recommendations show the week starting 4/26 as low crowds!! and the girls spring break starts the 26th.

So, that will probably happen. But today.....well, the girls finally had enough of vacation I think....DD8 has been emotional allllll day loooong....and then tonight she started crying in line at Test Track and said that she wanted to go home and sleep in her bed and see her kitty... Well, that led DD6 to start bawling too....quite a scene I tell ya!!

It was nothing that a ride on TT and some new stuffed animals couldn't resolve, but yeahhhhh.....I think they are vacationed out, and I'm not sure that this ( ) won't happen again....

Oh well, I miss our kitty too. I'm thinking we will maybe just do 8 nights next time instead of our normal 10? . DD8 says that 5 nights sounds good, but after a good break, I'm sure that will change.

Anyway, we are still having a wonderful time, but when we go home, there will be no tears, ya know...it will be time.

Tomorrow night is BOG dinner!!! Can't wait!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 04-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #1875
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Just wanted to pop in and say hello really quick. I had a great day today!! I spent most of it at my friend's in home day care. The idea was, I come over a couple of times a week until I take over for her to go on vacation. This way the kids (who most of them are around 2) are used to me. Today, she only had 3 there. She charges by the day, so the parents don't bring them every day since they are not paying for the week not matter how many days they are there. Luckily, there will be another lady there with me, that the kids do know. She keeps one little girl that will be 2 in June (or maybe it was July). She can count to 28, knows all of her animals and the sounds they make, and know all of her letters (and I think numbers) by site. In fact the one boy she keeps,(that will be going to Kindergarten in the fall) asks this little girl the answer to questions when he doesn't know it.

Anyway, I'm off to take care of my FarmVille2 farm and then to read.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: