Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 08:47 AM   #1846
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
We're doing lunch at BOG instead, but I'm hoping it's not TOO long of a wait...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
That is always an option but we do love CHH so If we don't get a dinner BOG most likely will just skip eating there this trip. I plan on no parks are first day and make it a "Poly" day since the resort is new to us so I really want 'Ohana so while everyone is trying to snag BOG I be searching 'Ohana.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #1847
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
We tried to do lunch this past Feb. DH was there right when the opened for lunch and was told that it would be at least an hour to an hour and half wait as they were having, and I think the phrase was "magical issues" so we never made it I really want to try lunch and dinner there

Melissa
Quote:
So buying a car and driving back is look better and better I hope something comes up for you and you can snag a great deal!
Love the "Magical Issues"

I am sure the price will drop at some point ... Positive thinking

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #1848
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Good morning all!!

I've been watching the most interesting show. It is about an American couple, who went to Vienna to bring 50 Jewish children back to America. I had never heard this story before. Of course, JM's not happy with me because if I'm watching this, he can't wait cartoons.

Well my DH has gone and lost his ever lovin' mind. He was talking to his mother and said something about when we move out. He said he has never seen so much fear in his mother's eyes. She said something to the effect of, "but we need you." He said something like, "well you didn't think we would live here forever? We would like to have our own place again." Well the solution they came up with was to build us a building at the end of their acre. Like one of those steel beam buildings most people put RV's in. Then convert it into a small house and make our own parking by it. His mother had him convinced it would be cheaper than renting a house. After talking to my DH, I convinced him that we would still look for a house to rent when I graduate. If the building truly is a lot cheaper, we would do that, but I would get all the Disney trips we could afford.

Oh and it looks like the dog sitting is off. I haven't gotten a text from my sister yet, but I saw a post she made on an Irish Wolfhound FB page, where she said they postponed the trip due to Clancy having an issue with one of his legs.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #1849
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Good morning all!!

I've been watching the most interesting show. It is about an American couple, who went to Vienna to bring 50 Jewish children back to America. I had never heard this story before. Of course, JM's not happy with me because if I'm watching this, he can't wait cartoons.

Well my DH has gone and lost his ever lovin' mind. He was talking to his mother and said something about when we move out. He said he has never seen so much fear in his mother's eyes. She said something to the effect of, "but we need you." He said something like, "well you didn't think we would live here forever? We would like to have our own place again." Well the solution they came up with was to build us a building at the end of their acre. Like one of those steel beam buildings most people put RV's in. Then convert it into a small house and make our own parking by it. His mother had him convinced it would be cheaper than renting a house. After talking to my DH, I convinced him that we would still look for a house to rent when I graduate. If the building truly is a lot cheaper, we would do that, but I would get all the Disney trips we could afford.

Oh and it looks like the dog sitting is off. I haven't gotten a text from my sister yet, but I saw a post she made on an Irish Wolfhound FB page, where she said they postponed the trip due to Clancy having an issue with one of his legs.
*hugs* so sorry you're not getting any good furry friend cuddle time this weekend. And at least you can still look for places to rent, and if the building is cheaper still, it has to be better than being under the same roof at least, right? *positive thoughts*

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #1850
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We tried to do lunch this past Feb. DH was there right when the opened for lunch and was told that it would be at least an hour to an hour and half wait as they were having, and I think the phrase was "magical issues" so we never made it I really want to try lunch and dinner there

Melissa
Lol! Magical issues? I love CHH too and we haven't eaten there the past few trips because we've had so many ADRs with the deluxe dining plan, so it's all good. I actually would just like a tour of the place. I don't have to eat anything!! :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #1851
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

I really wish this day was over already...

My stomach hurts and I'm freezing. I really hope I'm not getting sick. AND I'm so tired because I took a nap last night then woke up at 12:30 or something wide awake. Decided to finish my Disney binder and didn't go back to bed until 3:30 this morning. Boy am I paying for it now!

I still have 4 periods and lunch to go! Ay yi yi...

Old 04-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #1852
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good morning all!!

Sorry you aren't getting any puppy love this weekend Hmmmm, I know you want to get off the IL's property, but maybe your own place on their property isn't horrible

Quote:
I really wish this day was over already...

My stomach hurts and I'm freezing. I really hope I'm not getting sick. AND I'm so tired because I took a nap last night then woke up at 12:30 or something wide awake. Decided to finish my Disney binder and didn't go back to bed until 3:30 this morning. Boy am I paying for it now!

I still have 4 periods and lunch to go! Ay yi yi...

Oh I hope you aren't getting sick I have nights like that when I cant sleep and I pay for it dearly the next day. Hope your day goes by quickly.

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #1853
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Ugh, Steven is in a mood and after he slept in this morning I don't know if he is getting sick or if it is the steroid withdrawal we already had one blow up with school work and I took it away from him. We are going to try again in a few minutes and if that doesn't work I am just going to call it a day and try again tomorrow. My dad (my beloved pharmacist) said the next 3-4 days could be brutal for Steven since it was a complete stop with the steroids and not a gradual decrease

On a happy note, I am passing the time looking at different Bay Lake pics and reviews. I cant wait to start planning our days and putting an ADR list together even though that isn't even until August Ah, Disney makes everything better

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #1854
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
So I've been putting it off for long enough ... time to pack ... no I'm sneaking in a secret trip to WDW!! DD and I are doing a quick weekend trip to Seattle. DD has a friend up there who is loaning us her condo for the weekend ... the friend will just stay with her boyfriend ... so we'll have the place to ourselves. Friday plan: breakfast, ferry from West Seattle to downtown, food tour at Pikes Place/Point/Pier (can't remember the exact name), Duck Tour (whatever that is), meet the friend when she gets off work, dinner, ending the night at a comedy club ..... I'm tired and that's only Friday!!!! I have no idea what else they have planned for the weekend .... other than a hike!!! I need to rest just thinking about it!!!!
Have fun!!! Sounds like an awesome time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Okay.you.have.me.at.pub.crawl.

Going over the list of friends who might be interested (if DH doesn't mind me going on the trip )... including a friend from HS that I recently re-connected with... Stay tuned!! Of course if any other RCers want to jump in, let it be known!!

Marie & Christine!

Hey Piglets Mommy!! Miss ya!
I miss you too! we have to try to get together soon. I am going to my Cousin's wedding this weekend, and my parents will be in town next weekend, but hopefully after that things will slow down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Linda,

Pike Place Fish Market

What, no journeying to climb Mt. Ranier??

Comedy club sounds like fun. When we were there many, many years ago, we went to the musical "Angry Housewives" .. there was a song I could identify with later in life... called "eat your f@%ckin' cornflakles!" The show was hilarious!
That sounds like my house the other day....I needed some chese to go with all the whine and I almost lost it!
Quote:
I have 2+ hours of grading time this afternoon...too bad the DIS app is open on my iPad right next to me! :-)

Procrastinating is fun....
Old 04-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #1855
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Here we are ......

Ooops .... I made a stop at the beach!!!
Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Good morning everyone! I went to the dentist last night. He said that its a blood clot in my gum, and that I shouldn't be poking around in there with a tweezers.
That's good. Hope it feels better soon though. (although if it doesn't and you can see Dr. Hottie again....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Was up early so I pulled up the ADR site and I have decided 'Ohana on our first night is more important to me than BOG anytime during the week since we ate there already, I was able to pull up 5:05 & 7:50 so have fingers crossed I will be able to snag one on 5/7 my 180 day.

Hope everyone has a great day!
I'll cross my fingers for you. I am hoping to do BOG for lunch in Nov. Hopefully the wait won't be too bad. I am considering making a dinner ADR there just in case, but I like the lunch menu better.
Quote:
Good morning all!!

Sorry your furry cuddle time is off!

As others said, at least the pole building would get you out from under the same roof! But I can't see how it would be cheaper than renting something, by the time you make it comfortable to live in.
Quote:
Ugh, Steven is in a mood and after he slept in this morning I don't know if he is getting sick or if it is the steroid withdrawal we already had one blow up with school work and I took it away from him. We are going to try again in a few minutes and if that doesn't work I am just going to call it a day and try again tomorrow. My dad (my beloved pharmacist) said the next 3-4 days could be brutal for Steven since it was a complete stop with the steroids and not a gradual decrease

On a happy note, I am passing the time looking at different Bay Lake pics and reviews. I cant wait to start planning our days and putting an ADR list together even though that isn't even until August Ah, Disney makes everything better

Melissa
Hope he is doing better in a couple of days. How is Sarah feeling? any better now that she has slept in some?

for everyone!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #1856
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post

Hope he is doing better in a couple of days. How is Sarah feeling? any better now that she has slept in some?

for everyone!!!
Sarah seems fine of course, lol! I think she just needed the sleep....don't we all

Have a great time at your cousin's wedding this weekend!!!

HUGS,
Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #1857
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I feel like I am missing something....I just looked into renting points for BLT just to see what the savings could be. But if I get a good discount I will actually pay less than what it would cost to rent points. And I would have daily housekeeping and a better cancellation policy. Why do people rect points then? I guess if there is no discount?

Sorry, can you tell I am cooped up in the house with kids today

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #1858
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Hey all- sitting outside the hs waiting to pick up J, he has late practice today-4:30- so we'll be back again- good thing it's only 5 minutes

Been working on the non-Disney portion or our trip, because we drive figuring out different places to stay as this is " vacation" and not a "Disney trip"

We, too, love chh and stop there every visit and we plan on standing in line at bog for lunch again -45 minutes both times. Magical issues...I can just see the carts having minds of their own

Have a great rest of your day-
Cynthia
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 04-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #1859
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:

Quote:
Sarah seems fine of course, lol! I think she just needed the sleep....don't we all

Have a great time at your cousin's wedding this weekend!!!

HUGS,
Melissa

Glad she is feeling better! I know I could use a good night's sleep! Have a great weekend!
Quote:
I feel like I am missing something....I just looked into renting points for BLT just to see what the savings could be. But if I get a good discount I will actually pay less than what it would cost to rent points. And I would have daily housekeeping and a better cancellation policy. Why do people rect points then? I guess if there is no discount?

Sorry, can you tell I am cooped up in the house with kids today

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I have done the math before too, and It would make sense if there are no discounts available, but if you can get a discount through CRO, that would usually be better. The other thing that I never really realized until we bought DVC is that the "seasons" for DVC and CRO aren't always the same. So it could be value season for CRO, but regular season for DVC, making the saving less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Hey all- sitting outside the hs waiting to pick up J, he has late practice today-4:30- so we'll be back again- good thing it's only 5 minutes

Been working on the non-Disney portion or our trip, because we drive figuring out different places to stay as this is " vacation" and not a "Disney trip"

We, too, love chh and stop there every visit and we plan on standing in line at bog for lunch again -45 minutes both times. Magical issues...I can just see the carts having minds of their own

Have a great rest of your day-
Cynthia
Enjoy the rest of your day. It is so nice outside....I wish I was out there too!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #1860
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

DH has been LOVING this April trip! We have had great crowds, great weather, and an amazing time. He said he wants to go in April next year! So, it looks like our dates are set, since our April school vacation week is a recommended week!!!!

Dates will probably be from 4/26-5/4 (give or take a few days depending on airfare)....but, yay!!!!

Resort.....TBD.....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: