Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 06:52 AM   #1771
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Exciting news ..... I just booked my room at the Grand Californian for the DL Diva trip next Feb/Mar!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Well, it looks like I will be returning to the dentist. There's something in the hole where my tooth was. Not sure if it is part of the tooth or what, but I saw it tonight while doing my makeup and this is why it still hurts so bad.
Dani Ugh that sucks. Hope he takes you right away.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #1772
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Exciting news ..... I just booked my room at the Grand Californian for the DL Diva trip next Feb/Mar!!!!
That is great!! When we get to DL, that is where I want to stay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Someday I will join all you lovely ladies!! :-)
Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Me too!! Pinky Swear!

Quote:
Well, it looks like I will be returning to the dentist. There's something in the hole where my tooth was. Not sure if it is part of the tooth or what, but I saw it tonight while doing my makeup and this is why it still hurts so bad.
Aw for gosh sakes, I don't like your dentist Dani, even if he is hot!!! Hope you can get in to see them quickly.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #1773
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Wookie - I hope you get to dig sit this weekend!!! Just a nice break from everything going on and a little puppy love will do you wonders

Quote:
woohoo!!!!!! I really want to make it out there one day.

Quote:
Oh Dani, you can't catch a break I hope they get you in this morning and get this fixed once and for all.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #1774
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Awww thanks ladies. I pitched a fit last night that was not very becoming of a grown adult lol I even tried to "operate", unsuccessfully.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:33 AM   #1775
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Okay, I am going to feel really sorry for myself (and everyone else in the family too...) DD8 DOES have more spots this morning. Not a lot but there are a few more and one on her face now. She is itchy, and tells me that the girl in her class whose brother just had chicken pox sits right beside her.

We may have to cancel our trip over this. Even if we go I am going to be worried about the other two coming down with it. I am going to take her to the DR. this morning to try and get a confirmation.

Mad.Sad.Mad.Sad.Mad.Sad:s ad:.Mad.Sad.Mad.Sad.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:36 AM   #1776
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Okay, I am going to feel really sorry for myself (and everyone else in the family too...) DD8 DOES have more spots this morning. Not a lot but there are a few more and one on her face now. She is itchy, and tells me that the girl in her class whose brother just had chicken pox sits right beside her.

We may have to cancel our trip over this. Even if we go I am going to be worried about the other two coming down with it. I am going to take her to the DR. this morning to try and get a confirmation.

Oh no!!! That really, really, REALLY stinks. I am going to cross every appendage, pray, and send industrial strength pixie dust that it is not the pox.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #1777
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

OH NO NO NO!!!! My fingers and toes are crossed for you!! POSITIVE THOUGHTS ONLY!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #1778
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:

Oh, no! Fingers crossed this is ony a coincidence! I've lots of experience with chicken pox and so sure hope it is something else (only because you'll be waiting for the others to break out just about the time of your trip). If it is CP and they all breakout in the next couple of days then the trip might still be a go! Praying, fingers crossed and loads of ISPD!

Old 04-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #1779
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh no!! Is there any way to make the other two get it now so they can all have it together and get over it in time? (If it is CP). I remember having it when I was in 3rd grade and we went on vacation shortly after. I wasn't contagious at that point, but I still had the pox marks, so I had to wear a shirt to go swimming so people wouldn't freak out and I had double layers of socks on and it hurt to walk since I had them on the bottom of my feet. :-/

When are you supposed to leave? Can you postpone instead of cancel completely? *crossing fingers*

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #1780
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

Oh jenny I feel so bad for you The terrible thing about CP is they are contagious even before the first spots appear. I know my boys had them either 2 or 3 weeks apart I can't remember which so with 3 kids it is possible you will have to change or dates.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #1781
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awww thanks ladies. I pitched a fit last night that was not very becoming of a grown adult lol I even tried to "operate", unsuccessfully.
Oh dear... Hope all goes well today with the dentist!!

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #1782
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Wookie Hoping that it all works out with your class. you've had a lot on your plate, with your meds, life with FIL....remember, just keep swimming... and keep your eye on Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
My sister just sent me a text asking that I house/dog sit this weekend. I'm going to bribe the DH into letting me. I could use some puppy snuggle time, and Clancy (the Irish Wolfhound) is pretty good at it.
Wookie, pouch snuggle time!!

Quote:
Funny I was just thinking about the DIVA trip on the way in...trying to figure an angle on coming along ....

Oh hope that means that Marie and Christine also got their booked!!

Quote:
Dani good luck today! Maybe you need a stronger antibotic? Let us know what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Someday I will join all you lovely ladies!! :-)

Quote:
That is great!! When we get to DL, that is where I want to stay!!

Me too!! Pinky Swear!
Jen, you evoked the pinky swear!! It's a done deal peeps.

(and Sue, I know you were in with a "me too" too )

Quote:

Mad.Sad.Mad.Sad.Mad.Sad:s ad:.Mad.Sad.Mad.
Jen, I take it that the other two didn't have the vaccination? you know you might be able to still get your trip in even if it is CP. The other two may get it quickly. Let us know what the doctor says. It also could be another virus or allergies.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #1783
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Jen- Sending you some pixie dust straight from the source!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 04-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #1784
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

It is chicken pox.

The good news is that it has already moved down to her legs and hands, which the DR. said is a good sign that it is only a mild case and she may not get many more spots. She said probably by 1-2 weeks if the other two don't show signs they should be ok. They have all had the vaccine, so it really depends on the child whether they still get that 'mild' case.

Thanks for all the good wishes....they mean so much!! fingers crossed that all works out.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #1785
sjs314

Quote:
It is chicken pox.

The good news is that it has already moved down to her legs and hands, which the DR. said is a good sign that it is only a mild case and she may not get many more spots. She said probably by 1-2 weeks if the other two don't show signs they should be ok. They have all had the vaccine, so it really depends on the child whether they still get that 'mild' case.

Thanks for all the good wishes....they mean so much!! fingers crossed that all works out.
Crossing my fingers for you too!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: