Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #1741
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

What a fabulous picture! Love it Candace and Iheart!

Well, DD8 has not had any new spots pop up today, so hopefully that is a good sign. . Thanks for all of you caring.

Miss, GG, and Dani, jealous of what sounds like a great potential RC meet up!

Has Wookie checked in?

I saw on another thread that free dining will be offered up to Sept 15! Releasing on May 9 I think. Will this help any of our RCers?

Waving hi to all and will be back later!

Jen
Old 04-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #1742
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Sounds like they are British - they get the BEST deals and come for often several weeks. for them!!
But maybe they'd want a couple of grannies along on their trip!?!?
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #1743
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Janet yes, best to stay out if the teenage drama I went thru it with 2 girls . They eventually work it out! It's hard when the mom is a good friend. Been there. Did a lot of tongue biting and we're still friends!
Thanks Sue! I think this will roll over quickly...well it has to I guess as they are going to the dance together

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
just popping in again...I need some serious catch up time here!!

DD8 did have the first vaccine, but not the second. We will see at the end of the day if she has more spots. Fingers crossed....not right before our trip!!!
Jen, fingers crossed that it is nothing but a minor irritation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Janet-[/B]That goofy, exhausting teenage stuff. Fingers crossed they work things out. Sam is blessed with a wonderful mom!
Thanks Ginny! that is so sweet of you to say that.

Quote:
I'm off soon to be brave and go to my appt to figure out some better ways to treat my bone issues. I had another density test a couple of days ago, got the call to come in. I have had problems with this for years-I fracture very easily. It would be great if we could get this in a better place. Thinking positive.
Ginny, will be thinking positive vibes for you! My mom has had reclast treatment (annual treatment). Have you tried it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I managed to get BOG for Oct 27th!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
OMG that's the same night we are dining there!
Congrats guys!! DIS meet time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Pool view. Requesting a king bed with daybed room and keeping fingers crossed!! Of course they can upgrade us for free to a savannah view king bed room and I'd be perfectly happy too! :-)
Koh, somehow you will manage to handle that pixie dust, right? Hoping for loads of PD for your trip.

BTW, your ADRs look very yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
My parents are almost here. Wanted to throw around some quick hugs... in case I go MIA for a bit.

Ginny: Hoping the best for you.

Jen: Yikes! I remember having the pox over our Easter break as a kid. What horrible timing. Got fingers crossed it's not chicken pox!

Lots of love to all of you.

Our ADR day is coming up on the 29th. EEEEEEeeeeeek! (We just might be at that same MNSSHP as you two, Dani and GG. Can't decide on whether we should do that one or the one on the 30th. )
Miss, we will all be hoping the time out chair will not be needed (certainly for Miss M's sake ) Hope you MIA status will be because the parents are behaving and you all are having a great visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Just wanted to pop I before tennis to let you know that I am reading and thinking of you all with teen drama, chicken pox, in-laws, parents, medical issues and anything else I may have missed. Hope the rest your day is wonderful!

Cynthia
Cynthia, you covered it quick well Enjoy your tennis workout!

------------------------------------------------

off to the "Y".... will check in later.

PS Jen, for no new spots!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #1744
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hey Guys!!!

Just wanted to POP in and say hi!!

Have run into I_Heart several times this trip!!

Here's a pic:

I've also met up with TaraPA who sometimes pops into this thread.

Having a little break before dropping the kids off at Sandcastle club and our date night at Yachtsman Steakhouse!! after dinner, it's a little around the world with our friends.

Hope everyone is having a nice week!!
MM and Iheart!! Awesome picture of you 2 beautiful ladies!!

MM, How nice that you meet up with TaraPA as well!

Have a great date night and fun with your friends.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #1745
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Love the pic of Candace and i_heart!!!

Janet - sorry about Sam's drama, hope it blows over soon.

Jen - glad to hear DD has no new spots!

Ginny - wishing you luck for the bone density issue.

I know I have a lot of others to reply to, I'll be black latter.

Today was another hell day for Steven at school, I think it may be the new meds he is on for the GI stuff. One is a high dose steroid he takes twice a day dr agreed to take him off for a week then lower the dose and see how that goes. In the meantime I am keeping him home the next two days for the safety of everyone

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #1746
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
But maybe they'd want a couple of grannies along on their trip!?!?
Who wouldn't want a couple of wonderful grannies along to provide even more fun?

Old 04-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #1747
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
OMG that's the same night we are dining there!
Quote:
Our reservation is at 7 .... did you say you were doing the Halloween party that night? So by the time we finish dinner the party will be in full swing???? Maybe after your dinner and before ours you'll have time for a quick little meet???
What fun! MNSSHP and RCers!

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 04-25-2013 at 05:28 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #1748
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Sorry got my dates wrong on that FD offer...Sept 2- Sept 25 are the dates.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #1749
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

I'll be at the MNSSHP on the 27th as well.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #1750
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Looks like this will be a two-parter.....
Quote:
I called and did the most important ones. I got BoG at 5 on our MNSSHP night! I am SO excited!!! That was the exact time I wanted.
That is awesome!! I'm glad you got the time you wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I was sent home from work last night early...guess they are sick of the zombified nurse Sporting a migraine aura right now...fantastic...grrrr. Little guy is taking care of me
Feel better!!

Quote:
for BIL and SIL outta there...as for Zoloft, not a fan..DS21 was put on that and it brought out some true ugliness but he was misdiagnosed with depression, he had a lot of anger issues, so clearly the wrong med. My DH is antimeds as he grew up on Ritalin, so we've been fortunate HRH is managing well without them. But Zoloft is what they wanted to start her on. DH was like no way!
He just need to take something. You can almost feel his anger rising up in the air sometimes and others he's in a good mood one moment and raging the next. According to my DH, the fil's childhood was pretty bad. He has three sisters and every one of them are on disability from mental issues. One (maybe two) of them has been "diagnosed" with multiple personalities. I put type it like this "diagnosed" because the fil thinks it's bs. Anyway, and one of the fil's sister hardly ever leaves her house. It's just hard for me to believe that all three of his sister's came out of their childhood mentally messed up and he came out with a clean one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Teenage Drama......Sam was telling me this morning about a situation with her friend Alex... it involves Sam asking her to switch seats at lunch time (for just that day as another friend Tommy was out)... Caroline joined them that day (a good friend of Sam's) ... mind you there are NO assigned seats and Alex would actually would be sitting next to Suzanne, who she is good friends with. Literally it is a seat over...and Alex threw a drama fit and is now not sitting with the group... Sam says the groups sits together but not necessarily in the same seats, its just usually very relaxed.

Sam says Alex is waiting for her and the group to apologize...which my DD says she is not doing as she feels she didn't do anything wrong as Alex is always over dramatizing situations.

This will blow over -- however the freshman dance is this Sat and Sam is going with Joey (a friend of Alex who Sam is friends with) and Alex and her boyfriend Aiden. Sam says it will be awkward.

I'm a little bothered today as this dance is a big deal in 9th grade. We are supposed to go over to Alex's house early on Sat for the kids to hang out, have pizza and then get ready. (btw I am good friends with Alex's mom.)

Hope everything gets patched up. I've decided to not get involved -- The girls should work it out. I've asked Sam this AM to consider opening the channels of communication with Alex... I got the "look". Oh how i wish Carlie (Sam's BFF) still lived here...
I'm sorry there's teenage drama in the house. Hopefully it will blow over quickly.

Quote:
My Disney Distraction...that's what the DIS app should be called. ;-)
It really should be. I know that is what it is for me.

Quote:
My TA said he'd change all my ADRs today. Yeah!! Here's to hoping I get what I want!

8/2 - arrival day (AKL - SO can't wait!!) 1900 Park Fare dinner

8/3 - Yak and Yeti lunch / Boma dinner

8/4 - Hollywood and Vine breakfast / 50's Primetime lunch / Tony's Town Square dinner. (No changes!)

8/5 - Boma breakfast / Raglan Road dinner

8/6 - Crystal Palace breakfast / Via Napoli dinner (No changes!)

8/7 - Coral Reef lunch / Le Cellier dinner

8/8 - O'Hana breakfast / CRT dinner

8/9 - departure day. :-( Chef Mickey's breakfast (Then start the drive home).

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Looks great!!

Quote:
Happy Wednesday RCers,
Yes, we've had buckets of rain, and today, a little snow. Where is my spring?? I'm tired of waiting, I tell ya!
A girl I grew up with lives near Estes Park, CO and they have been having snow this week.

Quote:
I'm off soon to be brave and go to my appt to figure out some better ways to treat my bone issues. I had another density test a couple of days ago, got the call to come in. I have had problems with this for years-I fracture very easily. It would be great if we could get this in a better place. Thinking positive.
I hope the doctor appt goes well. I have one in the morning that I am dreading. I was surprised they would see me this week since they generally don't see you for 7 days when you call in to make an appt to get a refill on medication (which he makes you do every 6 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hey Guys!!!

Just wanted to POP in and say hi!!

Have run into I_Heart several times this trip!!

Here's a pic:

I've also met up with TaraPA who sometimes pops into this thread.

Having a little break before dropping the kids off at Sandcastle club and our date night at Yachtsman Steakhouse!! after dinner, it's a little around the world with our friends.

Hope everyone is having a nice week!!
Love the pic!! Thanks for sharing!!

Quote:
Okay so I'm a little bored today and was wandering around various Dis threads .... I came across this one .... these are my kind of ladies!!! They even beat my record of 28 days!!!! Wonder if they like a grandma along for the fun????

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099994

I would love to be able to spend that kind of time at WDW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Everything ok Wookie?

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #1751
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Part 2...
Quote:
*hugs* what happened? Hopefully this morning is better!

Quote:
Hang in there girl!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Wookie, hope things are looking better this Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I hope things are better this morning
Quote:
Wookie-Hope things are better today.
Thank you all for the kind words. It's a school issue again. So (and I know I should know better by now), but with finals coming up I totally didn't keep track of me running out of one of my meds. I should have made an appt last week, but he wants to take blood this time. I have tiny, deep veins, that roll when they try and take blood. I have been stuck as much as 13 times when they tried to get blood. Anyway, so I haven't been taking my meds (because I am out of one, and I forget to take the other because I am not taking both). I went to take my final last night. I took my time and I felt pretty good about it. That is until the professor offered to grade it right there and took out his red pen of doom. Well I guess I should be happy that if I was going to fail I did it epically. I mean I got a 56/133 kind of epically. I have no idea what went wrong other than not being on my bp meds has my brain not thinking straight. I hadn't turned in my lab for week 7 yet and I just can't figure it out. Again I think this is from not taking the meds. I emailed my professor last night (about midnight) asking for more time. I have to have the lab not only turned in, but perfect in order to not fail the class. Luckily, this morning I got an email from the professor granting me more time. I didn't want to drive to school today, because of how I feel. When I tried to get tutoring for tomorrow, they informed me the last tutoring session for this session had just ended and they won't have any more this week. I have re-emailed the professor to see if he would look at the lab and steer me in the right direction. Also, I found a quiz that he gave me a 0 on, that he should have graded. He just put (NOT GRADED) and gave me a 0. Once he grades that, my grade should be better. Actually, if he graded that, and I can get my lab turned in, there is a slight chance I could pull out a B. Anyway there's my night. Oh and to top it off, I almost lost my Mickey Head antenna ball. When I saw my final exam grade, I started internally freaking out. In order to keep myself from bursting into tear I kept chanting in my head "Only 139 days to WDW" over and over. As I was leaving school, I drove too close to a tree in the parking lot and the branches took the MH off my antenna. Luckily, I noticed it and was able to find it and get it. Well I'm back off to figure this lab out.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #1752
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch View Post
I'll be at the MNSSHP on the 27th as well.
Did I miss you on the first page of the thread???? I'm trying to keep track of who is there when I'm there .... would love some Dis meets even if it's just a quick hello!!!

Edited to say silly me I see you on the list!!!

Last edited by Grumpy Grandma; 04-24-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #1753
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Part 2...

Thank you all for the kind words. It's a school issue again. So (and I know I should know better by now), but with finals coming up I totally didn't keep track of me running out of one of my meds. I should have made an appt last week, but he wants to take blood this time. I have tiny, deep veins, that roll when they try and take blood. I have been stuck as much as 13 times when they tried to get blood. Anyway, so I haven't been taking my meds (because I am out of one, and I forget to take the other because I am not taking both). I went to take my final last night. I took my time and I felt pretty good about it. That is until the professor offered to grade it right there and took out his red pen of doom. Well I guess I should be happy that if I was going to fail I did it epically. I mean I got a 56/133 kind of epically. I have no idea what went wrong other than not being on my bp meds has my brain not thinking straight. I hadn't turned in my lab for week 7 yet and I just can't figure it out. Again I think this is from not taking the meds. I emailed my professor last night (about midnight) asking for more time. I have to have the lab not only turned in, but perfect in order to not fail the class. Luckily, this morning I got an email from the professor granting me more time. I didn't want to drive to school today, because of how I feel. When I tried to get tutoring for tomorrow, they informed me the last tutoring session for this session had just ended and they won't have any more this week. I have re-emailed the professor to see if he would look at the lab and steer me in the right direction. Also, I found a quiz that he gave me a 0 on, that he should have graded. He just put (NOT GRADED) and gave me a 0. Once he grades that, my grade should be better. Actually, if he graded that, and I can get my lab turned in, there is a slight chance I could pull out a B. Anyway there's my night. Oh and to top it off, I almost lost my Mickey Head antenna ball. When I saw my final exam grade, I started internally freaking out. In order to keep myself from bursting into tear I kept chanting in my head "Only 139 days to WDW" over and over. As I was leaving school, I drove too close to a tree in the parking lot and the branches took the MH off my antenna. Luckily, I noticed it and was able to find it and get it. Well I'm back off to figure this lab out.
Wookie

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #1754
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Part 2...

So sorry you are having such a hard time ....
Old 04-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #1755
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Wookie - just a quick hello and hug for you. Hope things turn around for you soon!

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: