Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #1711
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Ugh....DD8 has some red spots on her torso and back this morning. Maybe altogether about six of them. But they are itchy. I have put some calamine on them. Really really hoping this is not chicken pox.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #1712
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Ugh....DD8 has some red spots on her torso and back this morning. Maybe altogether about six of them. But they are itchy. I have put some calamine on them. Really really hoping this is not chicken pox.
Oh boy.....that is where Andrew's started when he had them!!! Fingers crossed for you!!! Did she have the vaccine? Two doses?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #1713
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
ugh.....just not a good night at all. I hope y'all have had a better one.

Good night y'all.
HUGS, HUGS, HUGS!!! Whatever it is we are here for you!!!!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #1714
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh no!! Crossing my fingers it's something else!!

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #1715
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Jeanette SLEEP!!!
I was sent home from work last night early...guess they are sick of the zombified nurse Sporting a migraine aura right now...fantastic...grrrr. Little guy is taking care of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

Jeanette - did you really try to sneak in the fact that the kiddos broke the big screen tv and loveseat without SCREAMING it Good luck to HRH with her MRI, I hope they can find out what is triggering the migraines. I am one of the few who never did tubes for my kiddos, DH has a crazy thing with surgery, so we have always tried to stay away even though DS had recurring sinus infections and DD has recurring ear infections. Both probaby should have had them but my ped respected DH's choice and we somehow got them through it all and both have been infection free for a while. DS did do a couple years with Nasonex though to help with the nasal allergies.
Melissa
Getting DS4 to use th Nasonex is...interesting.... The neurologist doesn't think HRHs migraines are triggered with food, she's the healthiest girl in terms of eating..bless her fit and trim little body. Most likely stress...our TV and loveseat have survived for years...until DS4..my little tasmanian devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
pas130: Melbourne sounds awesome, it is nice there. Great idea. .....As for Swan: I hope the big suite works great for your family. Does it have kitchen amenities? That would be great for you guys. The pools are nice. I liked the Swan coffee/croissant storefront in the lobby. And of course the Epcot resort location rocks. It worked perfectly for a very quickie Epcot centered stay for us. I personally would not stay there too many days in a row since no WDW theming makes this RCer cranky.
Dunno how long the Swan will stick...once late August rates come out..it may turn into Pop or POR...and BTW when your up in Randolph...if I am working the ER...I can see ya!!! Told DH you liked Melbourne, he's nervous...it looks nice and quieter than Cocoa Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Jeanette: Hope all goes well with HRH and with the DS. Maybe the migraines she's having are allergy related too? There are so many triggers. The trial-and-error game is a total pain. Fingers crossed they suss it out quick.
Me too! It breaks my heart to see her in pain. Luckily no headaches sinc Easter!!

Quote:
The thing is, my fil's doctor has given him a rx for Zoloft (I think, or some other mood modification kinda rx), but he won't take it. He thinks he takes too much medicine already, and that is one that he "doesn't have to have to live". He was so bad last week (I think it was) when I got home from school I just asked who was pitching at the Texas Rangers game, and my mil scooted me out of the room really quickly before he blew up again. Living with him sure does take a toll on my blood pressure. The DH wants us to stay here until I get through school. Plus, I think the DH promised them we would stay that long. Then whether they still think they need me here or not, we're gone.

oh and good news!! The bil and sil are moving out tomorrow!!
for BIL and SIL outta there...as for Zoloft, not a fan..DS21 was put on that and it brought out some true ugliness but he was misdiagnosed with depression, he had a lot of anger issues, so clearly the wrong med. My DH is antimeds as he grew up on Ritalin, so we've been fortunate HRH is managing well without them. But Zoloft is what they wanted to start her on. DH was like no way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch View Post
Now I'm second guessing myself.

I'm thinking I might change my arrival day plans and hit up Downtown Disney, have lunch at Raglan Road before going to MNSSHP. Just looking at the logistics it seems the easiest option as to if I ever want to go to Downtown Disney while I'm down there. I don't know, I may keep my original play and ditch Downtown Disney and have lunch or dinner at the Rose and Crown.
We make our 1st or last day our DTD day..sounds like a good plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jeanette Please get more rest. Sending positive thought for HRH and DS

Sitting here using my Nebulizer, had to use it last evening too, darn allergies and this weather
Allergies are BAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDD, take care Sheila
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Pas PLEASE care of yourself better... 48 hours over the weekend and fallen asleep in the car not good... (even though parked..). You are stretching yourself too thin my friend! Poor HRH.. hope the docs can figure out the triggers for her migraines..and fast... and hoping for good news for DS too. p.s. congrats on your latest RC, but predicting it will not be your last for this trip ....
I may have called to inquire about HRH CL again...back by popular kiddo demand I was actually chatting with my supervisor from transport, I MAY be able to quit ER soon, as businessis booming and they will have more shifts available, I hope hopehope so!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
So remember how I booked my airfare this morning? Well this afternoon I got an email from JetBlue about a discount, and since I purchased 3 seats I would save 20%. I decided to call and see if they could honor the discount since I did book it today. The woman was very nice and they did honor it! I thought I would get a credit for future flights, but they credited my card! This is why i only fly JetBlue. They are excellent! I got back $126!
Jeanette Sis, love the change. I think it sounds like a fantastic plan. But please, please take care of yourself. You know, you do live close enough for me to come FORCE you to take care of yourself.
I got that JetBlue code,,,with 7 it was 40% off...but only til June. I like JetBlue a lot!!! Speaking of...we need to get together...Janet too!!

Quote:
Jeanette: please please take care of yourself....you would be first giving any of us what for if we were neglecting to look after ourselves. We care about you!!
You are very right Jen It's been great having no school this week! Hope DD doesn't have chicken pox...I am itchy now...I never hadit, had 4 injections of vaccine and never developed immunity...I am weird like that though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Janet, when you get a chance, can you update the upcoming trips list with my RC? :-) This one has to stick. Otherwise DH threatened divorce!

7/31-8/2 Hilton Grand Vacations SW 8/2-8/9 AKL

If I hd a dollar for every time I drove hubs crazy with a RC...I'd have lifetime vacations paid in full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Great rate for beachfront! Last time we stayed at The Hampton Inn on Cocoa Beach. We got a decent rate there too.
My daughters loved the surf lessons at Ron Jon's, they got same instructor that goes to TL.
Cool!! I justhope the East Coast surf isn't too rough for the kiddos..they are used to West Coast...

Quote:

Good night y'all.
Hang in there girl!!!

Quote:
I called and did the most important ones. I got BoG at 5 on our MNSSHP night! I am SO excited!!! That was the exact time I wanted.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #1716
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so much everyone. I am doing a lot better today. Still in pain, but nowhere near yesterday.

So remember how I booked my airfare this morning? Well this afternoon I got an email from JetBlue about a discount, and since I purchased 3 seats I would save 20%. I decided to call and see if they could honor the discount since I did book it today. The woman was very nice and they did honor it! I thought I would get a credit for future flights, but they credited my card! This is why i only fly JetBlue. They are excellent! I got back $126!

Janet I was SO happy they honored the discount for me. That is real customer service.
Dani, great news (on feeling better AND scoring a great rate and discount!!) Wish Jet Blue flew out of Phila to Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Janet - oh I love choc chips out of the bag DH will be out of town Thurs night so after I feed the kids I think I will be having a dinner much like yours, maybe just ice cream for dinner
Melissa, grabbed a handlful this AM as I was waiting for Sam! (and hey you can have your ice cream with choc chips on top!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Janet, when you get a chance, can you update the upcoming trips list with my RC? :-) This one has to stick. Otherwise DH threatened divorce!

7/31-8/2 Hilton Grand Vacations SW 8/2-8/9 AKL
Absolutely!! Meant to do it yesterday. Consider it done!

Quote:

Good night y'all.
Wookie, hope things are looking better this Am

Quote:
I called and did the most important ones. I got BoG at 5 on our MNSSHP night! I am SO excited!!! That was the exact time I wanted.
Perfect!!

Quote:
Jen, I hope not too Still remember when I had them at 7, I had a slew of them on my arms and legs....my kids both had the vaccine.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Teenage Drama......Sam was telling me this morning about a situation with her friend Alex... it involves Sam asking her to switch seats at lunch time (for just that day as another friend Tommy was out)... Caroline joined them that day (a good friend of Sam's) ... mind you there are NO assigned seats and Alex would actually would be sitting next to Suzanne, who she is good friends with. Literally it is a seat over...and Alex threw a drama fit and is now not sitting with the group... Sam says the groups sits together but not necessarily in the same seats, its just usually very relaxed.

Sam says Alex is waiting for her and the group to apologize...which my DD says she is not doing as she feels she didn't do anything wrong as Alex is always over dramatizing situations.

This will blow over -- however the freshman dance is this Sat and Sam is going with Joey (a friend of Alex who Sam is friends with) and Alex and her boyfriend Aiden. Sam says it will be awkward.

I'm a little bothered today as this dance is a big deal in 9th grade. We are supposed to go over to Alex's house early on Sat for the kids to hang out, have pizza and then get ready. (btw I am good friends with Alex's mom.)

Hope everything gets patched up. I've decided to not get involved -- The girls should work it out. I've asked Sam this AM to consider opening the channels of communication with Alex... I got the "look". Oh how i wish Carlie (Sam's BFF) still lived here...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #1717
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

Good night y'all.
I hope things are better this morning

Quote:
You got BOG!!! I am so worried about that and I want to do 'Ohana on our arrival night. The others I want are fairly easy to get

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #1718
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
I did not think Chicken pox was still round, shows what I know but then both my boys had them before there was a vaccine. Better she get them now than before it is really hot weather.

Jeanette I swear between the allergies and my COPD I need o be living in a bubble some days

Janet Oh the terrible teen years, hope things work out for Sam

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #1719
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Wookie, sorry about all your drama with your FIL. Men are the worst at taking their meds. Like Pas, my DS was put on Zoloft in HS, and it really didn't help him much. Diagnosing the right condition is the key.

And for BIL and SIL for moving out!! Do hope BIL won't use not this as an excuse for giving less time to the business.... just keep in mind that this living situation won't be for too much longer and then you can say "we are out of there!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I was sent home from work last night early...guess they are sick of the zombified nurse Sporting a migraine aura right now...fantastic...grrrr. Little guy is taking care of me

Getting DS4 to use th Nasonex is...interesting.... The neurologist doesn't think HRHs migraines are triggered with food, she's the healthiest girl in terms of eating..bless her fit and trim little body. Most likely stress...our TV and loveseat have survived for years...until DS4..my little tasmanian devil

Me too! It breaks my heart to see her in pain. Luckily no headaches sinc Easter!!
Pas, my zombie friend... Relax with your little guy today...hope that migraine passes quickly... happy that HRH has been migraine free since Easter

Quote:
I may have called to inquire about HRH CL again...back by popular kiddo demand I was actually chatting with my supervisor from transport, I MAY be able to quit ER soon, as businessis booming and they will have more shifts available, I hope hopehope so!!!
That would be fantastic!! Hope so too!!!

Quote:
I got that JetBlue code,,,with 7 it was 40% off...but only til June. I like JetBlue a lot!!! Speaking of...we need to get together...Janet too!!
I keep asking....

Quote:

Jeanette I swear between the allergies and my COPD I need o be living in a bubble some days

Janet Oh the terrible teen years, hope things work out for Sam
Sheila, hope the symptons are less today And thanks for the positive vibes for Sam... I'm hoping too...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #1720
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

My Disney Distraction...that's what the DIS app should be called. ;-)

My TA said he'd change all my ADRs today. Yeah!! Here's to hoping I get what I want!

8/2 - arrival day (AKL - SO can't wait!!) 1900 Park Fare dinner

8/3 - Yak and Yeti lunch / Boma dinner

8/4 - Hollywood and Vine breakfast / 50's Primetime lunch / Tony's Town Square dinner. (No changes!)

8/5 - Boma breakfast / Raglan Road dinner

8/6 - Crystal Palace breakfast / Via Napoli dinner (No changes!)

8/7 - Coral Reef lunch / Le Cellier dinner

8/8 - O'Hana breakfast / CRT dinner

8/9 - departure day. :-( Chef Mickey's breakfast (Then start the drive home).

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #1721
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good luck! I remember those days! The Aveno oatmeal baths helped.

Quote:

Good night y'all.

Pas yes the surf can get big. Last time we went to Cocoa they had high surf, cause there were storms in the Atlantic. August can be dicey, when we go.

Janet yes, best to stay out if the teenage drama I went thru it with 2 girls . They eventually work it out! It's hard when the mom is a good friend. Been there. Did a lot of tongue biting and we're still friends!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 04-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #1722
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

just popping in again...I need some serious catch up time here!!

DD8 did have the first vaccine, but not the second. We will see at the end of the day if she has more spots. Fingers crossed....not right before our trip!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #1723
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Happy Wednesday RCers,
Yes, we've had buckets of rain, and today, a little snow. Where is my spring?? I'm tired of waiting, I tell ya!

Kook-Any Kooktastic Resort Change updates???

Missoutandabout-I think you’d enjoy dining at Artist Point. Great food, lovely atmosphere! I totally agree with you about Raglan Road, we like it too!

Dani-I hope your tooth is much better.

Sjs314-A cabana at Poly sounds fabulous!

Pas-Glad you got a bit of rest, think you might could use a bit more. Take care, k?

Koh-Boma for dinner is very yummy! Lots of great options for everyone. They are very nice there, too!

Wookie-Hope things are better today.

Jen-Hope it's not the chicken pox!

Janet-
That goofy, exhausting teenage stuff. Fingers crossed they work things out. Sam is blessed with a wonderful mom!

Waving hi to all the RC friends I missed.

I'm off soon to be brave and go to my appt to figure out some better ways to treat my bone issues. I had another density test a couple of days ago, got the call to come in. I have had problems with this for years-I fracture very easily. It would be great if we could get this in a better place. Thinking positive.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 04-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #1724
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How is it that I fell so far behind again?

Jeanette Please get more rest. Sending positive thought for HRH and DS

GG I been playing around with the dining site too and BOG is never available, I doubt I get it since our trip is short with only 4 days to try for. Hopeing to make our first day a Poly day, no park with 'Ohana that evening. Bob had only 2 requests Via Napoli and BOG he loved our meal there in November.

Krystal Happy to hear your getting all your plans in order!

Sitting here using my Nebulizer, had to use it last evening too, darn allergies and this weather

To everyone I missed
I managed to get BOG for Oct 27th!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #1725
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I managed to get BOG for Oct 27th!!!
OMG that's the same night we are dining there!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: