Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #1621
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

kook- we would book OFC. Again, nothing wrong with YC. We are having a splendid time. But, for us, the WL is magical...

The lounge does get crowded at times. So we have just taken our food back to the room.

We have not heard our neighbors, and we have a connecting door.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 04-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #1622
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Wookie - did you get the answer on the BC/YC thread? We never went to BC marketplace while we were at YC so I have no idea. LOL about Pop Not being on the list I have to say that was the one drawback of YC, lack of CS in the actual resort. I think that is why I love CR so much now.
HUGS, Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Yes I did.
The lack of CS did bother me, but then I realized we would do all of our CSs in the parks. Well now that the DH wants to do Yak & Yeti for lunch, we will have to do a CS for dinner. I am thinking of just taking the bus from the AK to the Boardwalk and grabbing some pizza at the Pizza Window, since we wanted to check out the Boardwalk at night anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
She is a lovely genius and I'm glad you found your hot chocolate. It's often the little things, the familiar things that mean a lot to us on vacation
Yes it is, which is why we drag fans with us on vacation. We need that familiar noise to be able to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I think me saying to my dad, "I'll just tell Miss M you're not coming" really made him feel like a complete heel. So, now they're both coming. They both agreed to be nice to each other on the ride out; I won't take bets on how long that deal will last.
Hopefully it will last until they leave your house on their way home.

Quote:
I didn't want to swear to it but there's such a wealth of info in that thread, I had a feeling there were menu pics. (You'd think, as many times as I've read through it, I'd know for sure. ) It kinda reminds me of another buncha threads run by a couple ladies we know...
Yes there is, there is just so much information. I didn't think about looking at menu pictures, because it wasn't listed on the menu any where I could find. I didn't think I would be able to find a picture of it because why would anyone take a picture of a hot chocolate machine. When I saw the picture of it I was like, "duh, because it's a Disney World." Plus it's really nice to see the set-up in a picture before you get there so you know what to expect.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #1623
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

If they're not on their best behavior, I'm dropping them both off at the local hotel. That's after they both spend a minute for each year of age in the "Time Out" chair.

This has got me to thinking... (can you smell the wood burning all the way out in NoVa?)

What do you ladies think -- in the event of not being able to procure an ADR for California Grill -- about taking the boat over from CR to WL for dinner at Artist's Point? Would Artist's Point be a nice anniversary meal on our first night?

I didn't want to swear to it but there's such a wealth of info in that thread, I had a feeling there were menu pics. (You'd think, as many times as I've read through it, I'd know for sure. ) It kinda reminds me of another buncha threads run by a couple ladies we know...
Is my house on fire? I think the anniversary dinner trek into the wilderness would be a perfect substitute for CG and it just so happens, I just recommended this on the CR thread to someone who couldn't book CG. I also recommended GF, if they wanted a Signature Dining experience close to CR. (And, if you don't want to wear stilettos on the Blue Flag boat).

I don't know if the time out will work though, older folks tend to actually like sitting for long periods of time - like I've been doing this afternoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
kook- we would book OFC. Again, nothing wrong with YC. We are having a splendid time. But, for us, the WL is magical...

The lounge does get crowded at times. So we have just taken our food back to the room.

We have not heard our neighbors, and we have a connecting door.
Wow, what a quick response - thank you. You gave me just the answer I was hoping for. Where's dinner tonight?
Old 04-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #1624
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

How is Via Napoli? Especially if you may not end up getting a pizza?

I'm looking for another TS dinner at Epcot, and normally I'd look towards Le Cellier, but with it being F&W season when I'm there, I can easily just get the Cheddar Cheese soup at the booth, and the small portion of the steak and what not.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #1625
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What do you ladies think -- in the event of not being able to procure an ADR for California Grill -- about taking the boat over from CR to WL for dinner at Artist's Point? Would Artist's Point be a nice anniversary meal on our first night?
I think that would be a great idea (even though I've never tried Artist Point yet). :-)

Quote:
I do love the BC/YC thread...more so than some of the other resort threads. One of the reasons why I decided on the BC last year actually! :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #1626
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch View Post

I'm looking for another TS dinner at Epcot, and normally I'd look towards Le Cellier, but with it being F&W season when I'm there, I can easily just get the Cheddar Cheese soup at the booth, and the small portion of the steak and what not.
It depends on what kind of food you like. For our Epcot TS, we are going to Teppan Edo. We have never eaten there, but we went to a local restaurant like it for Mother's Day last year and we all loved it. Restaurant Marrakesh was interesting, but we would only do it again if someone we were traveling with just had to eat there. Biergarten is usually a must do for us, but we were disappointed in it this last trip. I don't know if it was the food, or the fact the family sitting at our table acted like they would have rather been any where other than eating at the same table with us. We do love Le Cellier, but couldn't spare the 2 TS credits since we will only be only be on the basic DDP.

Also, I don't know if you've found the thread or not, but I'm pretty sure the recipe thread has the recipe for the Cheddar Cheese soup. You could make it at home. That's what I do with the mushroom risotto, which has become one of my DSs favorite two things I cook. It's tied with my homemade lasagna where I make the sauce from scratch.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #1627
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Via Napoli!! Not as much as Alfredo's when it was there, but definitely more than Tutto whatever the heck it's called that went in after Alfredo's closed...it was definitely louder than Le Cellier or another signature dining place, but I thought the food was wonderful and our waiter went out of his way to be especially accommodating for our DS and DD (who was 1 at the time and obviously not on the dining plan, but had plenty of food no charge nonetheless). We are going there for our anniversary dinner. :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #1628
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

I'll probably be in the minority, but we didn't care for VN. We tried it for a late lunch back in August and we thought that it just wasn't a good value. We usually don't even blink anymore at WDW prices, but for what we got, we felt it was overpriced, and that was with our TiW 20% discount. We didn't have the pizza, but thought that the pasta dishes were just meh and entrees were a la carte so they didn't come with anything at all. We ordered a "table" salad for the three of us that I think was over $20 and an antipasto platter which I think was almost $30, plus 3 pasta dishes. I don't think we'd ever return, there are better Epcot options and for pasta we prefer Tutto Italia or even Tony's at the MK over VN.

Have you tried Rose and Crown or Tokyo Dining? TD is our favorite Epcot TS and R&C has an interesting menu and drink options.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #1629
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Yes I did.
The lack of CS did bother me, but then I realized we would do all of our CSs in the parks. Well now that the DH wants to do Yak & Yeti for lunch, we will have to do a CS for dinner. I am thinking of just taking the bus from the AK to the Boardwalk and grabbing some pizza at the Pizza Window, since we wanted to check out the Boardwalk at night anyway.
If pizza isn't striking your fancy, there are also a two carts that serve food on the boardwalk. One is called Boardwalk Joe's (can't recall the name of the other). They serve hot dogs, funnel cakes and such. The Boardwalk Joe's one also serves breakfast-y stuff. We really love heading over to the Boardwalk at night. It's such a nice place to stroll around. (There's also the S&D to look around, too.)

Quote:
Hopefully it will last until they leave your house on their way home.
Quote:
I don't know if the time out will work though, older folks tend to actually like sitting for long periods of time - like I've been doing this afternoon
Sitting for long periods of time... but can they sit and be quiet? That would be their ultimate punishment.

Quote:
Is my house on fire? I think the anniversary dinner trek into the wilderness would be a perfect substitute for CG and it just so happens, I just recommended this on the CR thread to someone who couldn't book CG. I also recommended GF, if they wanted a Signature Dining experience close to CR. (And, if you don't want to wear stilettos on the Blue Flag boat).
I hope ballet flats would suffice for Artist's Point! For vacations, my stilettos have been permanently traded in for Teva sandals. I'd compromise with the flats though.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #1630
WDWKOOK

Quote:

Sitting for long periods of time... but can they sit and be quiet? That would be their ultimate punishment.

I hope ballet flats would suffice for Artist's Point! For vacations, my stilettos have been permanently traded in for Teva sandals. I'd compromise with the flats though.
I can't sit or stand for long periods of time without talking, unless I'm alone, then I just type everything

What? You don't want your 4" heels going through the planks of wood on the docks? Where's your sense of adventure. I know, you could wear your sandals, then do a "businesswoman switcheroo" into the stilettos that you have stashed in your evening blinged-out packing cube!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #1631
letthewookiewin

Quote:
If pizza isn't striking your fancy, there are also a two carts that serve food on the boardwalk. One is called Boardwalk Joe's (can't recall the name of the other). They serve hot dogs, funnel cakes and such. The Boardwalk Joe's one also serves breakfast-y stuff. We really love heading over to the Boardwalk at night. It's such a nice place to stroll around. (There's also the S&D to look around, too.)
I had thought about hot dogs. The hot dog cart doesn't count as a CS, which is why I'm thinking about the Boardwalk Pizza Window. There is no way we are leaving that Boardwalk without eating a funnel cake. We just love them!!

Quote:
I can just see you forcing your parents to sit in dining room chairs in the middle of the kitchen and as your pacing back and forth in front of them, smacking a wooden spoon into your hand tell them, "Until you can start acting like adults, neither of you can talk or move."

Last edited by letthewookiewin; 04-22-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #1632
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It depends on what kind of food you like. For our Epcot TS, we are going to Teppan Edo. We have never eaten there, but we went to a local restaurant like it for Mother's Day last year and we all loved it. Restaurant Marrakesh was interesting, but we would only do it again if someone we were traveling with just had to eat there. Biergarten is usually a must do for us, but we were disappointed in it this last trip. I don't know if it was the food, or the fact the family sitting at our table acted like they would have rather been any where other than eating at the same table with us. We do love Le Cellier, but couldn't spare the 2 TS credits since we will only be only be on the basic DDP.

Also, I don't know if you've found the thread or not, but I'm pretty sure the recipe thread has the recipe for the Cheddar Cheese soup. You could make it at home. That's what I do with the mushroom risotto, which has become one of my DSs favorite two things I cook. It's tied with my homemade lasagna where I make the sauce from scratch.
I was looking at Tokyo Dining, I've made the Cheddar Cheese soup before at home, it's in the F&W Cookbook the last couple years, so yeah that's how I get my fix, when I'm not at Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Via Napoli!! Not as much as Alfredo's when it was there, but definitely more than Tutto whatever the heck it's called that went in after Alfredo's closed...it was definitely louder than Le Cellier or another signature dining place, but I thought the food was wonderful and our waiter went out of his way to be especially accommodating for our DS and DD (who was 1 at the time and obviously not on the dining plan, but had plenty of food no charge nonetheless). We are going there for our anniversary dinner. :-)

See the thing that makes me a bit eerie on Via Napoli is the fact I'm from NJ, it's impossible to find bad Italian Food, it's like if you lived in the South and how you can close your eyes in any city and walk into a good BBQ place.

Quote:
I'll probably be in the minority, but we didn't care for VN. We tried it for a late lunch back in August and we thought that it just wasn't a good value. We usually don't even blink anymore at WDW prices, but for what we got, we felt it was overpriced, and that was with our TiW 20% discount. We didn't have the pizza, but thought that the pasta dishes were just meh and entrees were a la carte so they didn't come with anything at all. We ordered a "table" salad for the three of us that I think was over $20 and an antipasto platter which I think was almost $30, plus 3 pasta dishes. I don't think we'd ever return, there are better Epcot options and for pasta we prefer Tutto Italia or even Tony's at the MK over VN.

Have you tried Rose and Crown or Tokyo Dining? TD is our favorite Epcot TS and R&C has an interesting menu and drink options.
I was seriously considering Rose and Crown, but I figured if I go to Raglan Road it might be a bit redundant, I know English =/= Irish but it's pretty close.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #1633
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What? You don't want your 4" heels going through the planks of wood on the docks? Where's your sense of adventure. I know, you could wear your sandals, then do a "businesswoman switcheroo" into the stilettos that you have stashed in your evening blinged-out packing cube!
With my luck, I'd manage another faceplant... but at least with a faceplant on a dock, I'd have a shot at hitting the water and/or wood instead of straight cement.

Quote:
I can just see you forcing your parents to sit in dining room chairs in the middle of the kitchen and as your pacing back and forth in front of them, smacking a wooden spoon into your hand tell them, "Until you can start acting like adults, neither of you can talk or move."
And, if I did the "one minute for every year of age" in Time Out; I'd get almost an hour and a quarter of quiet.

Quote:
I was seriously considering Rose and Crown, but I figured if I go to Raglan Road it might be a bit redundant, I know English =/= Irish but it's pretty close.
You can just keep R&C on the list for a pint stop. Raglan Road certainly beats out R&C for the eats, at least for us.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #1634
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Happy Monday all...

IHeart, Know you are having a great time!!

MM, so nice to "hear" from you!! Happy you met up wiith Iheart and family! Enjoy!

Miss, well you survived the flood to have the 'rents visit. They best behave ..btw... Love the time out scenario! It's nice that your Dad decided to come along... Miss M will be so thrilled.

Belated happy birthday to two RC princesses&..

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Yep it's today she is the big 8
Happy Birthday to Sarah! Hope she loved her Spa/Girls day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Aw thank you all for the birthday wishes for Avery, here is a pic from us being out last night, and yes we were at a restaurant!! And they were well behaved! I should report back to that other thread!

Yes, that is her with the kooky face again!! I tell ya, every pic she is the one making the funny faces! Although this time she was taking a bite of her special red velvet dessert that gave her after they sang her happy birthday! She got a new bike for her birthday but her favorite gift was a pair of 'Stompies" slippers from her sister!
Jen, Belated happy birthday to Avery! Love the pix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
hello my friends! I'm still here, sorry I've been negligent in posting -- life has just been so up in the air the last 2 months, sometimes I forget what day it is
DH had a setback with his pinky this last OT/physio session on Thursday. Thankfully the Occupational Therapist saw him first before the Physio started manipulating his hand -- his pinky was looking twisted, and they said to stop doing anything with the pinky for now. if it is still twisted on Tuesday, they will be having his surgeon look at it immediately. I am so worried lately, worried because we really DON't know what this holds , or if he'll lose the pinky too. They said he's unique and one of a kind (my DH) the OT looked at his X-rays from the day it happened and said if he'd been anyone else, they would have just cut off both fingers with the amount of damage There was to his fingers..... But he had a great surgeon who was determined to do all he could to save DHs hand. OT said he'd never seen such a reconstruction in all his years of practicing. (Putting the pinky in the 4th digit spot)
It's a very complex hand injury and will take a lot of time to recover. I hope he gets to save his pinky through all of this, he's become attached to it after all this trauma!
Thank you so much for all your prayers and support. It means the world to me. I'm going to try and start stopping in more to share the fun of Disney and planning with you all! My Diva trip with our dear Christine is definitely a bright spot in my future! I'm so happy to have that to look forward to
Love y'all
Marie
Marie, big hugs to you and DH. So sorry to read of his setback. Will continue keeping DH in my thoughts and prayers...he has come a long way already and you are both strong. So happy you have you DIS DIVA trip with Christine to plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
chimo2u: Continued positive and happy thoughts and prayers going to your DH. The diversion of the Dis is priceless, so please continue to take full advantage of its healing powers for yourself so you can remin strong for DH.
Sound advice Magic& Marie I definitely concur with Magic on the DIS being a priceless distraction to life. We are all here for you!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Not much time for a catch up...on the way out the door to go pick up Sam and her friend and heading to...oh what a surprise! the YMCA!

DH is out of town this week so I will not be cooking at all...

Will catch up later! A big hello to all!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #1635
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:

As a rule I don't eat Italian on vacation. As an Italian American from NYC I eat plenty of Italian food at home.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: