Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #1591
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Lurking and stalking

The CR Tower just completed a soft goods rehab 27 March and they are currently finishing up the Garden Wing. New photos were posted today on the last page of the thread and there is also a link to before/after photos on the first page. They replaced all carpeting, bedding, fabrics on furniture and on the headboard and the curtains.
Good to know! Danimal is very excited to try it out. His list of reasons for staying at CR are:

-First stop on buses
-He loves the arcade and gift shop
-Same resort as Chef Mickey's (we don't even eat there every trip so I have no idea why this is a priority )
-"We always try new resorts so why not try the Contemporary?" (another fallacy )
-Pool looks really cool
-Snack shop at the pool
Old 04-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #1592
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Sounds good to me our favorite wing was the one thy knocked down for BLT the only reason we switched was because one time it was full and my husband had always wanted to stay at GF... which then became his favorite
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #1593
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

OMG!!!

Smash Mouth is going to be playing Eat to the Beat the 28th-30th!!! Danimal LOVES them and is going to be SOOO excited to see them!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:35 AM   #1594
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Morning everyone!!! Will try to catch up latter this morning! Hope everyone has a great morning!!

HUGS,
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #1595
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Hello Loves!!!

Just checking in from the YC!!!

Guess who I met last night??? Yup! The beautiful I_Heart and family!!!

I checked out her room...but I'll let her tell you about that one!!!

We are having a wonderful trip!

Oh, and can you tell me if this is GV or LV?? I know it's not the SV we booked...

Whatever it is...it's gorgeous and far more than the roof I was expecting.

We ate at Captains Grille last night....unfortunately, that one is heading up into our ranks right there along with Chef Mickey and Akershus (neither of which we like)

Incredibly slooooooow service, and the food was just meh. It took us 2.5 hours to get out of there...

But, we have one of our favorites today - Via Napoli!!! So yay!

Dani- did you get your answer to your BB question??? I have it in our room and can post a pic if you need it!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!!

DH is already talking about our next trip, and we have 7 days left of this one....he's got it oh so bad!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 04-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #1596
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hello Loves!!!

Oh, and can you tell me if this is GV or LV?? I know it's not the SV we booked...

We ate at Captains Grille last night....unfortunately, that one is heading up into our ranks right there along with Chef Mickey and Akershus (neither of which we like)

Incredibly slooooooow service, and the food was just meh. It took us 2.5 hours to get out of there...

Dani- did you get your answer to your BB question??? I have it in our room and can post a pic if you need it!

DH is already talking about our next trip, and we have 7 days left of this one....he's got it oh so bad!!!
How is YC compared to WL??? I know you were nervous.

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #1597
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
How is YC compared to WL??? I know you were nervous.

YC is really beautiful! We love the location, we love our room. The CMs have been wonderful!!! We still feel that WL may be our home, but the YC is wonderful and we would not hesitate to stay here again!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 04-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #1598
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

So glad you are having a wonderful time. Via Napoli...love it!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 04-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #1599
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Good to know! Danimal is very excited to try it out. His list of reasons for staying at CR are:

-First stop on buses
-He loves the arcade and gift shop
-Same resort as Chef Mickey's (we don't even eat there every trip so I have no idea why this is a priority )
-"We always try new resorts so why not try the Contemporary?" (another fallacy )
-Pool looks really cool
-Snack shop at the pool
Dani Plus the Monorail passes right thru CR the coolest thing of all!

Quote:
OMG!!!

Smash Mouth is going to be playing Eat to the Beat the 28th-30th!!! Danimal LOVES them and is going to be SOOO excited to see them!
Dani Who??? Boy am I so not with it

MM Glad your having a good time. Your room looks like it is in the same location as when we stayed at YC and were upgraded to CL. Even though YC is beautiful I like WL better too. Have a great day!

Good Morning My morning routine is now as follows, get up go bathroom, take Bella out, put on coffee, feed Bella, Check Jet Blue, .........I am gonna be nuts by time I buy our return flights I priced out AKL this morning too "if" we were to add on a day or two because of airfare which is what I would love to do and might be able to convince Bob to do a spilt "if" we just spent the time at the resort. Yes I am ploting. I totally blame Krystal

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #1600
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Good Morning My morning routine is now as follows, get up go bathroom, take Bella out, put on coffee, feed Bella, Check Jet Blue, .........I am gonna be nuts by time I buy our return flights I priced out AKL this morning too "if" we were to add on a day or two because of airfare which is what I would love to do and might be able to convince Bob to do a spilt "if" we just spent the time at the resort. Yes I am ploting. I totally blame Krystal
Hehehe. Well, I've been pricing things out as well with AKL. We could actually stay another night, complete with DxDP, for the same price as what we're paying for CR if we book a pool view room (either a king and daybed or 2 queens). Originally I was thinking bunk beds, and DS6 could sleep on top and DD2 could sleep on bottom with bed rails...but now I'm wondering if DS wouldn't freak out over sleeping on the top bunk and he'd end up on the bottom and DD either in bed with us or on her toddler air mattress. If we did add a day, I would make sure it was basically just a resort and pool day! Hmmm... :-)

I have yet to discuss the AKL possibility with DH though...

Part of me wishes we weren't surprising the kids with the trip because then I could just ask which hotel DS would prefer...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #1601
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
OMG!!!

That sounds cool. I'm sure y'all will have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Morning everyone!!! Will try to catch up latter this morning! Hope everyone has a great morning!!

HUGS,
Melissa

Have a great morning yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hello Loves!!!

Love the pics!! I'm glad y'all are having a great time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I hope you can convince him to do it.

I was reading on the free dining thread, and someone posted the dates they normally have it and when they offered it. I can't find the post now, but it seemed like it usually was announced the first week in May, which is the week I will be working my friend's at home day care. Hopefully, I can check it before I leave and can be on the phone with Disney on the way to her home the morning it is offered.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #1602
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

JM asked me a question this morning while we were waiting for his bus. I can assume an answer, but I thought I would get a more solid answer. I'm going to ask over at the BC/YC thread, but I know several of you have stayed there and might know the answer.

This morning I was looking on my phone while we were waiting for the bus. I noticed that today, we are 140 days from checking in at the BC. I told JM this and he said, "ya know, I'm going to miss something about that Pop place." When I asked him what it was, his answer was, "the hot chocolate was so easy to get to. The place we're staying at has hot chocolate that's easy to get to, right mom?" I looked on AllEars and they don't have it listed in the Beach Club Marketplace, and I know if he can't get it at the Beach Club Marketplace, I'll just bring some and make it in the room.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #1603
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
That sounds cool. I'm sure y'all will have a great time.

Have a great morning yourself.

Love the pics!! I'm glad y'all are having a great time!!

I hope you can convince him to do it.

I was reading on the free dining thread, and someone posted the dates they normally have it and when they offered it. I can't find the post now, but it seemed like it usually was announced the first week in May, which is the week I will be working my friend's at home day care. Hopefully, I can check it before I leave and can be on the phone with Disney on the way to her home the morning it is offered.
I haven't even mentioned it to him yet, I have hinted about a million times about ("what if the air fares drop past our current dates") but you know I don't think he even heard me
We had a trip booked in a 1 Bdrm Villa in Jambo in 2010 with my 40% pin I had rec'd taking my eldest DS & Ddil but then DS got a job after being unemployed for over a year and the boiler died so we cancelled.
I will get back there yet!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #1604
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quick catch up this morning....

Wookie - I hope the free dining is announced before you work for the week, or like you said you can get on the phone before or after work.

Koh - my kids are older and were so excited for the bunk beds at WL, but then when we got there they decided they didnt want them I know most kids love them and my have before on cruises, etc, but for some reason they didnt like the ones at WL (which will be the same ones at AKL). I am still pulling for CR though

Shelia - I love your plotting I hope your morning routine doesnt last long and you can get some cheap airfare

Candace - Enjoy Via Napoli!!! I miss it now that Steven is GF. Sorry Captains Grille wasnt all you expected, that is a total bummer. We only had breakfast there and that was fantastic. It looks like you do have a water view You will know for sure what the category is when you get the bill at the end of your stay. Ours definitely said water view even though we only paid for garden view. So glad you got to meet i_heart last night It sounds like maybe she got some I guess we will have to wait for her to pop in and tell us

Dani - Smashmouth, that is a blast from the past, LOL!!! I hope you get some relief at the dentist today Oh and I commented to you on the CR thread, I really do think you will be happy.

KOOK - I saw you sneak in here somewhere. So do you have something to tell us

peteykirch - I like the updated itinerary

Hello Lacey, Cynthia, Linda, Shelia, MAGIC, Janet, Jeanette and everyone else I am missing

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #1605
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
JM asked me a question this morning while we were waiting for his bus. I can assume an answer, but I thought I would get a more solid answer. I'm going to ask over at the BC/YC thread, but I know several of you have stayed there and might know the answer.

This morning I was looking on my phone while we were waiting for the bus. I noticed that today, we are 140 days from checking in at the BC. I told JM this and he said, "ya know, I'm going to miss something about that Pop place." When I asked him what it was, his answer was, "the hot chocolate was so easy to get to. The place we're staying at has hot chocolate that's easy to get to, right mom?" I looked on AllEars and they don't have it listed in the Beach Club Marketplace, and I know if he can't get it at the Beach Club Marketplace, I'll just bring some and make it in the room.
I *think* they had hot chocolate (near the coffee on the left side with the rest of the fountain drinks), but I'm not 100% sure...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: