Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #31
DillWaters
Mouseketeer

It does seem a little ridiculous that the only "real" coffee bar onboard is adults only. What, we're supposed to go check our kids into the kids club to get a cup of coffee at 8am?
DillWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #32
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillWaters View Post
It does seem a little ridiculous that the only "real" coffee bar onboard is adults only. What, we're supposed to go check our kids into the kids club to get a cup of coffee at 8am?
Apparently this isn't the case on the Dream class ships. Vista Cafe serves the same coffee, from what I read, and it's a family area.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #33
DillWaters
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

Apparently this isn't the case on the Dream class ships. Vista Cafe serves the same coffee, from what I read, and it's a family area.
I'll be on the Wonder this June, and its other coffee place The Promenade opens at noon. Why do we need an adults only coffee bar? Oh well, if that's the worst part of my cruise, I'll be doing okay. :-)
DillWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #34
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillWaters View Post
I'll be on the Wonder this June, and its other coffee place The Promenade opens at noon. Why do we need an adults only coffee bar? Oh well, if that's the worst part of my cruise, I'll be doing okay. :-)
It's interesting to think that when the Magic and Wonder first satred sailing the Cove Cafe was the teen hangout before they converted the ESPN zones to the stack and aloft and now vibe.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:10 PM   #35
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
If your going to stay in the cove cafe have someone watch the two year old if your just getting something to go bring them in.
I'd like that to be the rule but it isn't. On the Dream, the entrance to the Cove Cafe is on the other side of the partitions for 'adults only' so any child, baby to 17 year old, was not welcomed for 5 minutes.

The only two areas I really had an issue with being adult only were the Cove cafe and the spa (especially the gym). There are other pools for kids, restaurants other than Palo, other places for music than the adult clubs. But there really isn't another place for coffees (on the Dream/Fantasy there are) and there is no other work out place for teens.

Not worth ruining a vacation over, but it really would be easy to have an 'in and out' window or door for coffee at the Cove wear kids could order and have times open at the gym.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: