facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #76
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Robotics team made it into Quarter-finals! Fingers crossed! .......P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #77
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Pamela, congratulations to the robotics team!!!

QOTD:

I found out that exercise is one of the best ways for me to get rid of stress. I feel much less stressed with life if I exercise regularly. And if I am stressed, I usually feel much better after a run (or after a workout with my new favourite exercise - the 30DS )

Otherwise, I have learnt over the last few years to prioritise. I don't need to do everything and take part in everything. I know that I need quite a lot of "me-time" and if I don't get it, I feel stressed. So I make sure to not to overschedule my spare time - and I have learned which level of activity is good for me. I also find it very helpful if I do get stressed by all the things that need to be done, to sit down, make a list of everything and then start with a few easy tasks so that I can cross a few things off the list. Seeing my progress on that list is very encouraging and helps me to become more confident again.

Talking about exercise, I need to get the workout for today done. Yesterday was the second day on level 2 (second attempt) and I was feeling great doing it. So hopefully today will be a good day again! Already looking forward to level 3!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #78
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

How do you de-stress (other than eating, of course )? Massage, warm bath, yoga? What can you do to keep stress at bay in the first place?

For me it's a hot bath with some lavendar bath foam, and a good read on my Kindle (being careful not to drop it in the water of course!!)

I'm enjoying re-reading some of the older Michael Connelly books at the moment.

Had a good day today, still within the limits of my plan, just munching on some frozen raspberries!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #79
araes2102
Mouseketeer

keeping my fingers crossed for your son Pam!

Last edited by araes2102; 03-02-2013 at 06:44 PM.
araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #80
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla
QOTD for Saturday, March 2, 2013:

How do you de-stress (other than eating, of course )? Massage, warm bath, yoga? What can you do to keep stress at bay in the first place?
Hmm, I like to curl up in bed and watch my shows on tv (wedding and cooking with a little crime drama thrown in), take a long drive, and lately going to the y to workout has been helping me destress because I feel great after Hard for me to keep stress out if my life, work is super stressful! But I think keeping the house clean helps, as does not procrastinating on things!

Had a great day, great spring weather, great workout! My bodymedia armband told me I burned 671 calories at zumba!! Most I think I've ever burned at once. Plus I also got some srength in At the park letting the little ones get some play time in now Have to think of something for dinner.... Tomorrow I am planning on crock pot low carb lasagna, yum!

Old 03-03-2013, 12:12 AM   #81
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

So here's proof positive that I don't get enough sleep. :P I stayed up to get some work done, started watching SNL on the DVR in the semi-background, and yikes, it's late. Going to bed after I send this, really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post

NAPS. But also reading - I love taking an honest-to-goodness lunch *break* and reading a good book. I always have something out of the library and/or on my Kindle, never mind the books I own I haven't gotten to yet!

Running has also become a de-stresser - never, ever thought I'd say that. I can leave the house worked up about something, and about half a mile in, I have perspective and a better attitude, if not a plan for dealing with the issue. I think there must be something to getting outside and getting the oxygen flowing...

And I'll never say no to a great massage! I have a Red Door gift card from DH from Christmas that I'm planning to put toward a massage series...it's a lot to spend up front, but I like the idea of knowing I'm set to get a killer 80-minute massage from my favorite therapist once a month for a year.

All that pales next to sleep right now, so yeah - bedtime!

XO
Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #82
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Happy Sunday WISHERS!!!

The SUN is FINALLY shining here. We have not seen the sun in so many days it makes things seem so much better.

The restaurant was a bust for us. Last minute we changed because my mom did not want to wait for my original pick and the place we tried out was gross. So needless to say, I hardly ate anything. It was DROWNING in sauces...bleech.

Today is a new day and I have a lot of catch up to do inside the house. I am determined to get things done!!!

Starting Friday, I AM GOING OUTSIDE TO GARDEN!!!! I cannot wait. Let the clean up and planting begin.
The Mystery Machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #83
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Happy Sunday WISHERS!!!

The SUN is FINALLY shining here. We have not seen the sun in so many days it makes things seem so much better.
Yay for the sun!!!!

We had a very sunny weekend, too, and it was sooo wonderful to be outside. I went for a long walk today just to be able to soak up the sunshine!

I had a great NSV today as I wanted to see whether my 30DS already had some effects on my measurements. And yes, it has, I lost everywhere, but the success at my waist is the best: I lost 1.5 inches already. And I can really see it already. The second best was my thigh where I lost one inch. Very impressed with these effects, especially since I only lost 2.5 pounds in weight since I started.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007

Old 03-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #84
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna
I had a great NSV today as I wanted to see whether my 30DS already had some effects on my measurements. And yes, it has, I lost everywhere, but the success at my waist is the best: I lost 1.5 inches already. And I can really see it already. The second best was my thigh where I lost one inch. Very impressed with these effects, especially since I only lost 2.5 pounds in weight since I started.
yay! Congrats on the successful measurments!

Old 03-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #85
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Yay for the sun!!!!

We had a very sunny weekend, too, and it was sooo wonderful to be outside. I went for a long walk today just to be able to soak up the sunshine!

Wow that is so GREAT!!!

My waistline is so stubborn. It took 3 months of no soda and 4lbs of loss to see a difference.
The Mystery Machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #86
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
yay! Congrats on the successful measurments!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Wow that is so GREAT!!!

My waistline is so stubborn. It took 3 months of no soda and 4lbs of loss to see a difference.
I am sure it is actually the result of doing the abs workouts. I think it is really just toning my whole stomach area and especially the sides that just creates a better shape around the waistline. I can tell that I am way more defined in many areas (even though there is still quite a bit of fat on top ). On my arms I am even sure that I have not lost that much in my measurements because I gained quite a bit of muscle there. And that despite the fact that my upper body strength still sucks - for some exercises I still need to go back to the soup cans instead of my 3 pound weights...

Old 03-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #87
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Since I am guessing Pamela is either still sick or busy, busy, busy, I am going to jump in with a QOTD.

QOTD Sunday, March 3, 2013
How do you do on the weekends? Do you find you are more on plan or less on plan?
Old 03-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #88
Silstone
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike
Since I am guessing Pamela is either still sick or busy, busy, busy, I am going to jump in with a QOTD.

How do you do on the weekends? Do you find you are more on plan or less on plan?
Unbalanced. I'm incorporating not spending and limited diet, which is working but I can never get a moment to exercise. I also make richer breakfasts for the family vs. oatmeal during the week.
Silstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #89
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post

Honestly, a nice long run is a great way to destress. It's just me and my my music (and dog occasionally) and I can just put everything out of my mind. I also enjoy taking my boys to the movies. I can just get lost in a movie & not think about anything. And, I like to have breakfast or lunch with a friend. It's so nice to catch up and talk with a girlfriend. We always try to eat healthy, too. Finally, I get organized and clean. It's not a glamorous way to destress, but I feel so much better after (plus, the house will need cleaned sometime anyhow).

Quote:
Happy Sunday WISHERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post

Hmmmm...what is this thing you call the "sun?" If you can possibly catch it & send it my way I would appreciaite it. Western PA never sees sun until June, I swear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post

Thanks Rose

I am less on plan. I don't have a set schedule for anything so I just go with the flow. I always have dinners planned, but not my other meals. I also am finding it hard to exercise right now because of this stinking cold weather. I wanted to go to the gym to run on the treadmill, but I didn't make it before it closed. After church, I did a few loads of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, made dinner, and talked to my aunt from Florida. So, I ran out of time. It was only 20 outside & snowy, so I didn't want to go outside. So, I will hit the TM tomorrow after work, but this weekend was a bust. Once it warms up a little, I will be outside running which I love so much better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

I am just checking in and see it's a slow start this month. I missed my workout today, so I will do it tomorrow. I restarted the Jeff Galloway 5k app and hopefully will move to the 10k or half when I finish.

The boys and I are watching The Lion King on The Disney Channel. I love this movie

Pamela~I hope your feeling better! Try to rest and take care of yourself first

Have a great night.

Jill
Old 03-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #90
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post

We tend to eat at weird times and even skip meals, so I would say I don't do as well on the weekend. I consider it a success if I am only up a pound on Monday morning, because then I can usually expect a loss on Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silstone View Post
Unbalanced. I'm incorporating not spending and limited diet, which is working but I can never get a moment to exercise. I also make richer breakfasts for the family vs. oatmeal during the week.
We went through a huge pancake phase for awhile. I love pancakes, but they are so carb laden (no matter what I do to them) that I end up starving about an hour later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Hmmmm...what is this thing you call the "sun?" If you can possibly catch it & send it my way I would appreciaite it. Western PA never sees sun until June, I swear!

I am less on plan. I don't have a set schedule for anything so I just go with the flow. I always have dinners planned, but not my other meals. I also am finding it hard to exercise right now because of this stinking cold weather. I wanted to go to the gym to run on the treadmill, but I didn't make it before it closed. After church, I did a few loads of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, made dinner, and talked to my aunt from Florida. So, I ran out of time. It was only 20 outside & snowy, so I didn't want to go outside. So, I will hit the TM tomorrow after work, but this weekend was a bust. Once it warms up a little, I will be outside running which I love so much better.

Jill
I know what you mean about the sun. It has been ridiculously gray here lately. It is even getting to Mike, and he never grumbles. I think we are finally due for a couple of warm days later this week. My crocuses came up a month ago and then stopped....hopefully they will start blooming soon.

I do much better on the weekend when I have a plan too.

As for the de-stress question. My favorite way to de-stress is exercise, but that hasn't been working so well lately. Silly back.

I hope everyone has a good, on-plan Monday.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: