Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #61
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

So I talked to the dad of the girl who sent the pic. He was a lot more receptive than the other girls parents.
He did not know she had an Instagram acct. And I told him I didn't yell at the girls on the phone, I yelled up the stairs to DS who was on the phone to say hey BTW, tell them not to do this again. I'm sure she will be POed at DS when her dad yells at her for the instagram acct, but that's not my problem.

Anyway, gotta let it go.
I am pleased to say that I didn't drown my sorrows in ice cream though! I stayed OP all day and even had 18 calories to spare.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #62
tinkerbye
Mouseketeer

March is MY month

I'm in again for march with five pounds.
QOTD: Hooray for Whole Foods! Mine even has seating for 150. I stopped there on my way home from the gym and got six oz. of chicken salad and a roll. It really filled me after an hour of yoga and and hour of pilates.
tinkerbye is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #63
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
QOTD for Friday, March 1, 2013:

It is a food "emergency". You have to buy a lunch at the grocery store to eat now.... No prep, no kitchen, etc. What do you buy to have a healthy quick lunch that is still OP? (Presuming that eating utensils are available.)

...........P
I Trader Joe's! I get their prepared salads, so yummy! Though they can be a bit carb-y so I have to be careful which one I get. Today I had citrus chicken, it was so good and light and refreshing! Perfectly matched our 70 degree day I often stop at grocery stores for lunch as I am in the field (driving around to schools and homes) all day usually. I get light cheese sticks and lunch meat or an Atkins packaged item (only sometimes) or nuts and berries.

Hope you feel better Pam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1211 View Post
I didn't exactly have a healthy lunch today. (Chinese....shrimp fried rice)

But, I love my fortune I got in my cookie.......... (yes, I did eat the cookie. lol)

"No obstacles will stand in the way of your success this month"

Love that fortune and that I got it at the beginning of the month.
Love that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1102 View Post
I'm in for March! Hopefully this time I will be able to finish the month out. My goal is 4 pounds again and I would really love to hit it this month!
and i bet you WILL hit your goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
I do this every Friday when I grocery shop for the week and have lunch, so I can't call it an emergency, but...here goes! We are blessed with Wegmans. I love the sushi bar there, and when I arrive at the store (before launching into the weekly shop), I pick up a small seaweed salad and a salmon/avocado roll with brown rice. I get a fountain Diet Coke (my big vice), and then I take it all upstairs where I enjoy lunch and my book du jour for half an hour or so before I start shopping. Friday lunchtime is one of my favorite times of the week!

XO
Liz
Sounds like heaven

Had a good day, until I got hone and had a fight with DF. I dunno what it was about even, he is just grouchy lately, I think it is because his bday is coming up next week and he will be 40, it is a milestone he is not looking forward to

On a brighter note, I am loving my bodymedia armband! Gets me motivated to move more, I am just waiting for it to finish recharging so I can slap it back on and hop on the treadmill!

See you all in the am!

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:54 AM   #64
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Good morning Wishers! Time does "March" on. My mom is 75 today and we are going out for lunch. This is not a chain so no "nutritional menu". I am going to try and stay OP as much as I can. I am getting weak with wanting to drink soda. I AM SO THIRSTY!!!! I keep downing water but still thirsty!!! (Note to self, start counting my sodium, I am betting that is what it is.)

I got my bloodwork back and so did DH, for those following my "health saga" here we go. DH's was not good and mine well not happy with my LDL either.

Me-
Cholesterol 203 (range is 100-199)
Triglycerides 129 (range is 1-149)
HDL 40 (less that 39)
LDL 137 (range is 0-99)

DH-
Cholesterol 214
Triglycerides 285
HDL 33
LDL 124

She doubled his Liptor. He is anemic as well & still has chest pain. (Muscular pain from the surgery.) Makes it hard to get around normally for him. Poor guy.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:58 AM   #65
Silstone
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine
Good morning Wishers! Time does "March" on. My mom is 75 today and we are going out for lunch. This is not a chain so no "nutritional menu". I am going to try and stay OP as much as I can. I am getting weak with wanting to drink soda. I AM SO THIRSTY!!!! I keep downing water but still thirsty!!! (Note to self, start counting my sodium, I am betting that is what it is.)

I got my bloodwork back and so did DH, for those following my "health saga" here we go. DH's was not good and mine well not happy with my LDL either.

Me-
Cholesterol 203 (range is 100-199)
Triglycerides 129 (range is 1-149)
HDL 40 (less that 39)
LDL 137 (range is 0-99)

DH-
Cholesterol 214
Triglycerides 285
HDL 33
LDL 124

She doubled his Liptor. He is anemic as well & still has chest pain. (Muscular pain from the surgery.) Makes it hard to get around normally for him. Poor guy.
Not bad but not great. Stay on track-avoid all soda. Try a natural ice tea today at lunch to change it up; too much water only will drive you to fall onto all loving soda.

Re: muscle pains-be careful to monitor that its not the meds. I suffered a lot from statin side effects thinking I was just getting old.

Have a magical day with mom!!!
Silstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:01 AM   #66
Silstone
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca
So I talked to the dad of the girl who sent the pic. He was a lot more receptive than the other girls parents.
He did not know she had an Instagram acct. And I told him I didn't yell at the girls on the phone, I yelled up the stairs to DS who was on the phone to say hey BTW, tell them not to do this again. I'm sure she will be POed at DS when her dad yells at her for the instagram acct, but that's not my problem.

Anyway, gotta let it go.
I am pleased to say that I didn't drown my sorrows in ice cream though! I stayed OP all day and even had 18 calories to spare.
Yay!!! Great willpower over the ice cream (my other weakness)
Old 03-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #67
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silstone View Post
Not bad but not great. Stay on track-avoid all soda. Try a natural ice tea today at lunch to change it up; too much water only will drive you to fall onto all loving soda.

Re: muscle pains-be careful to monitor that its not the meds. I suffered a lot from statin side effects thinking I was just getting old.

Have a magical day with mom!!!
Thanks! I have to find something else to drink. I was doing tea (I love tea) but it is giving me bad reflux as well as juices. It is driving me up a wall.

Yes, DH can have serious issues with statins, this pain is from the open heart surgery recovery.

He is going to a "lipid clinic" to try and get his stuff under control. They are doing EXTENSIVE blood work with him. More than what I posted.

So if you are like him, I highly recommend seeking one out to get your stuff in check. Reg. doctors are great but they can only get you so far. He has been diagnosed with "metabolic syndrome".
Old 03-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #68
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Great to see so many new people singing up for the March challenge! Welcome to all of you! Since I used to be a lurker on these threads before I became more of an active poster, I can only recommend taking an active role in these threads, it has helped to stay focussed so much!!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend and are able to avoid the weekend temptations! I am about to head out to meet friends at a cupcake place where I will NOT eat a cupcake!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #69
Silstone
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine

Thanks! I have to find something else to drink. I was doing tea (I love tea) but it is giving me bad reflux as well as juices. It is driving me up a wall.

Yes, DH can have serious issues with statins, this pain is from the open heart surgery recovery.

He is going to a "lipid clinic" to try and get his stuff under control. They are doing EXTENSIVE blood work with him. More than what I posted.

So if you are like him, I highly recommend seeking one out to get your stuff in check. Reg. doctors are great but they can only get you so far. He has been diagnosed with "metabolic syndrome".
I've actually FINALLY accepted to eat better (plain) and move around. I've been to so many drs in my life and that was before the age of 40. Doesn't help that I'm 4'11, and weighed 100 back then so looks are deceiving. Was also tired of all the $$$$ I kept paying just to miss work and feel terrible. Feeling great now. Hope he recovers quickly, no fun being in that pain.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #70
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna
Hope you all have a fantastic weekend and are able to avoid the weekend temptations! I am about to head out to meet friends at a cupcake place where I will NOT eat a cupcake!
That would be so hard for me... I <3 cupcakes

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #71
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Happy Saturday all! I promise once I feel better and this crazy robotics weekend is over I will post the QOTD in a more timely fashion...but for today, heree it is, better late than never!

QOTD for Saturday, March 2, 2013:

How do you de-stress (other than eating, of course )? Massage, warm bath, yoga? What can you do to keep stress at bay in the first place?

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!

Last edited by pjlla; 03-02-2013 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Stupid auto-correct!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #72
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Oh boy go home and REST Pamela!!!

Now to answer the QOTD?

To me that is not a "food emergency". I often get lunch at the grocery store. The other day I was at WalMart and got a chicken ranch salad.

Things I pick up are veggies, fruit, nuts, "health drinks", cheese/crackers, and then you have the whole deli with food. You can buy fish at our grocery store and they will cook it for you right there. Then there is sushi, salad bar with soups and other stuff.

Heck some of our grocery stores have "restaurants".

So next time you are out, stop into a grocery store once in awhile instead of swinging yourself through a drive thru.

I am sure I am not the only one who does this.
I guess "emergency" was a strong word. But we were out to lunch during DS's robotics tournament and wanted to eat at the grocery store, but we could only buy what we could eat right there. We couldn't bring anything into the stadium with us, so no saving something for later or leftovers. I do often buy salad bar if I am out running around during lunch time, but this store doesn't have one, although they did offer premade salads...mostly just the basics of iceberg, onion, and carrots. Not a fan of iceberg.

But I'm glad that so many of you realized what great options are out there for quick and easy eating on the go without having to resort to drive-thru junk!.......P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #73
Silstone
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla
Happy Saturday all! I promise once I feel better and this crazy robotics weekend is over I will post the QOTD in a more timely fashion...but for today, heree it is, better late than never!

How do you distress (other than eating, of course )? Massage, warm bath, yoga? What can you do to keep stress at bay in the first place?
Couldn't you have picked an easier question for day two?? Curious to see the results (and learn a new tactic)
Old 03-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #74
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

QOTD?

You first Pamela!!!

There are some things I do like writing things down aka brain dumping onto my dry erase board and calendar. That way I don't have to think about it.

Also making sure to get sleep.

Since it is winter that is about it. I do landscaping and gardening and that is right around the corner.....
Old 03-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #75
sskem96
DIS Veteran

I didn't do so great keeping up with the thread last month, but I'm really going to try to do better this month! My goal is 4 pounds. I've been really bad the past 2 weeks because my niece was here for a week and then I've been sick this past week, but I'm ready to kick it into high gear and make some progress this month. I've got about 10 weeks before tank top season hits, and I want to lose about 10 pounds by then!

Quote:
QOTD for Friday, March 1, 2013:

It is a food "emergency". You have to buy a lunch at the grocery store to eat now.... No prep, no kitchen, etc. What do you buy to have a healthy quick lunch that is still OP? (Presuming that eating utensils are available

...........P
I usually hit a grocery store with a salad bar and fill up on veggies. I actually do that quite a bit for lunch because if I buy a bunch of stuff to make salads at home it ends up going bad before I can finish it. In an emergency if they don't have any fresh salad options available, I sometimes get a sub sandwich or lunchables type thing. It's not great, but a lot better than most fast food options.

Quote:

How do you de-stress (other than eating, of course )? Massage, warm bath, yoga? What can you do to keep stress at bay in the first place
To destress, I take a warm shower while listening to Justin Bieber
To keep stress at bay, the most important thing for me is getting enough sleep. Keeping the house neat helps a lot too. I always feel a lot calmer when the house is clean!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: