Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #301
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne
I'm down 2 pounds this week-- it's what I was hoping for considering the weekend I'm about to have. I hope I can behave myself this weekend but there's too much good food around...and at a St. Patricks day festival--everyone's drinking.
good job on the weight loss. Enjoy yourself at your festival, everyone deserves a treat every now and then

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #302
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Sorry I've been MIA for a week or so. Been sticking to the diet really well, think I've lost 5 out of the 7 pounds I set myself for March, so really happy with that. TBH, I'm not really worrying about food any more, just seem to automatically make healthy choices.

Going camping tomorrow, just for 1 night, with some friends (about 12 of us, 7 tents in total) so need some comfort food as it will be cold......and probably raining!!! I've got lean stewed steak with peas, carrots and potatoes for the evening meal, and some porridge (oatmeal???) for breakfast, along with a few healthyish snacks. Also got the electric heater all lined up ready to go, and thermal underwear!!!! Wish me luck, I'll report back on Sunday if I survive!!!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #303
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Well its been a crazy work week at the hospital and I have had little time to visit the boards.

I am behind by a couple pages and have been skimming through a bit, you all are so inspiring with how you cope with unplanned diet changes!!

Today is my "free-day" so I get to indulge a bit, however after a big bfast, I kind of want just a salad for lunch!! lol Its great having a "free-day" but since I have been so diligent on my diet & exercise the rest of the week, I am beginning to miss it when Friday rolls around. I guess that means that I am actually changing my lifestyle for the better!! I might just have to make my "free-day" every other week instead of weekly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
QOTD Friday, March 14

This a repeat from the past, but I am going to throw it out there.

Quick, you just left work late, you have 20 minutes to get dinner ready before you have to (fill in the blank--get your kids to practice, make it to a meeting, etc) what's for dinner?

Two rules: no fast food and it must contain at least one vegetable and one fruit or two vegetables.

When we are strapped for time, we go to the standby of the big salad!! Lots of veggies and usually a chicken breast diced up and cooked with some kind of seasoning. Sometimes for "meatless monday" we use a couple of the Morningstar Farms Grillers Prime patties which only have 4 carbs each and cook those with taco seasoning!! There are lots of ways to change up a salad so it can be different each time!!

Well I am off to do some cleaning and burn off some of the vast number of calories I just had and hopefully get rid of this boggy feeling I have now..... ugh...

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #304
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
I eat so many egg whites I'm surprised I haven't started clucking!

Do you do twists before and during your run? I found, since I have to stop every mile or so and stretch out the IT bands anyway, that if I really push a good twist, the back feels ALOT better (loose) and I can continue on with my mileage. I just make sure to try and lengthen the spine first before twisting. (Thank you, oh Yoga master intructor!)
I am the queen of stretching, twisting, forward folds, etc. And it does help unless it is just spasming when I am out running and then there's not much I can do. But that's ok, It could be worse and I am a pretty tough cookie. Isn't it funny how connected your back and your itband is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Hope the back holds up for the longer run tomorrow. We had some 50 degree days last weekend and early part of the week... and then low teens today and snow showers passing through last night! I am SO done with winter!!

Okay friends.... here is a challenge for you!

I am attending a 25th anniversary party tonight at a nice inn (where the wedding originally happened.... isn't that sweet? ). Anyhow.... I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what the food/drink situation will be... NONE! I don't know if it is buffet or sit-down plated meal.

In some ways the buffet would be preferable because I could pick and choose veggies, salad, etc. A plated meal would limit my portions, but it would also limit my choices.

I've already decided on no booze (which will be tough because I am presuming it may be open bar.... or at least flowing wine all night) and no dessert. Fingers crossed that there may be some good coffee and maybe fruit available for dessert.

What would your plan look like??

TTYL...........P
I am done with winter too! It has been so gray here. It starts to just suck the life out of you after a while.

I actually do better with buffets, because I don't eat stuff unless I am sure what it is. My plan would probably be to just be as reasonable as I can. The alcohol is what kills me--so many calories and an open bar can be very dangerous. Hope you have a fabulous time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Need time to catch up here, hopefully later this morning after my workout, but wanted to pop in and say two things...

1) I lost another two lbs at weigh-in this morning

2) We are at the half-way mark for March so I am gonna start recruiting coaches for April Please PM me or simply sign up below if interested!

April 1-4 (March 29-April 4)
April 5-11
April 12-18
April 19-25
April 26-30 (or April 26-May 2)

Go team!
If you don't fill all the spots let me know and I might be able to take a week mid month. But I want to give everyone else a chance first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I was at 1250, it changed me this morning to 1200. I'll cut out 25 calories in each snack and bump up my workouts if I want to splurge.

I am officially in the 170's!!!! Woohoo!!!!!

Got a little derailed today when I went to get my egg white sandwich from Starbucks and she gave me the wrong one (didn't know til I got home and ate 1/3rd of it). They look the same on the outside but this sandwich had feta (yuck!) and spinach but they were settled to the botton so I mostly got flat bread and egg. Til I got the to the feta part.

Normally that would have completely derailed me but I went back over what I had left for calories for breakfast and found something that would work and not push me over.

And I stopped at the grocery and got lunch so I'm all set there too.

UGH, someone keeps texting me!!! Need to see who it is.
Congrats on being in the 170s Buffy! And congrats on not letting yourself get derailed! Glad you got the calories straightened out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
QUOTD-

I'm down 2 pounds this week-- it's what I was hoping for considering the weekend I'm about to have. I hope I can behave myself this weekend but there's too much good food around...and at a St. Patricks day festival--everyone's drinking. If it wasn't priceline I'd cancel. I was up 15 times last night checking on Misty who has decided she's just not going to have kittens. She looked straight at me today and said 'you're crazy if you think I'm going to have those kittens--would You do it?' I said yeah I've done it. She said fine-- you do it then-- and walked off.
I don't know-- maybe it'll take the edge off the waiting...and we will come home if my son thinks she's in labor just to make sure everything's ok. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive.
Congrats on your loss and have a fun time this weekend!

Quote:
Yay! I love baking too, glad you were able to find a way to continue doing what you (and enjoyinh the fruits of your labor in moderation ) I made a non-gf, non-low fat, non-low carb german chocolate cake from scratch last weekend for DF's big birthday... And I had a tiny slice Enjoyed and was satisfied
It truly was fun to just make them! And Mike said everyone at work enjoyed them and couldn't believe they were g-f.

Quote:
I just make myself go. I have never regreted it, but I have regreted NOT going.
So true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Sorry I've been MIA for a week or so. Been sticking to the diet really well, think I've lost 5 out of the 7 pounds I set myself for March, so really happy with that. TBH, I'm not really worrying about food any more, just seem to automatically make healthy choices.

Going camping tomorrow, just for 1 night, with some friends (about 12 of us, 7 tents in total) so need some comfort food as it will be cold......and probably raining!!! I've got lean stewed steak with peas, carrots and potatoes for the evening meal, and some porridge (oatmeal???) for breakfast, along with a few healthyish snacks. Also got the electric heater all lined up ready to go, and thermal underwear!!!! Wish me luck, I'll report back on Sunday if I survive!!!!
Have fun camping and I hope the weather cooperates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post

Today is my "free-day" so I get to indulge a bit, however after a big bfast, I kind of want just a salad for lunch!! lol Its great having a "free-day" but since I have been so diligent on my diet & exercise the rest of the week, I am beginning to miss it when Friday rolls around. I guess that means that I am actually changing my lifestyle for the better!! I might just have to make my "free-day" every other week instead of weekly!!
Maybe just incorporate a couple of treats in rather than going completely off plan. You might be happier with small adjustments.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday.

Don't forget to pm your weight to Pamela if you haven't. I am up for the week a bit, which is ok, so I won't be sending mine in this week unless something miraculous happens tonight.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #305
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

I am feeling a bit flustered at a plateau. I have been up and down the same 1/2 pound for almost a week and it does not seem to be budging even with more exercise, more water, less salt...I don't want to further restrict my calories, and I try to mix up my diet. Any ideas or tips are appreciated!
iheartjuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:46 AM   #306
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
I am feeling a bit flustered at a plateau. I have been up and down the same 1/2 pound for almost a week and it does not seem to be budging even with more exercise, more water, less salt...I don't want to further restrict my calories, and I try to mix up my diet. Any ideas or tips are appreciated!
How about not weighing for at least a week? Then you shouldn't see the up and down... just that it is lower next week. Even if it ends up being 1/2 lb down, it is better down than up

Old 03-16-2013, 12:56 AM   #307
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
QOTD Friday, March 14

This a repeat from the past, but I am going to throw it out there.

Quick, you just left work late, you have 20 minutes to get dinner ready before you have to (fill in the blank--get your kids to practice, make it to a meeting, etc) what's for dinner?

Two rules: no fast food and it must contain at least one vegetable and one fruit or two vegetables.

Thank you to Pamela for coaching the first two weeks!
I am so sorry the excel spreadsheet is challenging. I am an excel geek and put everything on excel--me fitness/weight data, my meal planning, my disney plans, etc. So I always assume everyone loves it as much as me.

I will be back in the morning with replies.
Never got a chance to post a reply to this! For the family I would probably make grilled ham (or turkey) and cheese sandwiches with high fiber tomato basil soup and mandarin orange slices to go with. For me, I would do turkey lettuce wraps and mini sweet peppers stuffed with those light laughing cow cheese wedges and/or a cheese crisp made with my new found love-carb cutting tortillas from trader joes (4g net carbs amd LOTS of fiber!).

Old 03-16-2013, 01:05 AM   #308
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Morning all!

QOTD for Thursday, March 14, 2013:

If you could be on a reality TV show, which one would it be? Why?
Never had a chance to answer this either! The Biggest Loser for sure... I would love to get my butt kicked and know what a real workout feels like... though I could live without the nationally televised weigh ins...

Old 03-16-2013, 02:37 AM   #309
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
How about not weighing for at least a week? Then you shouldn't see the up and down... just that it is lower next week. Even if it ends up being 1/2 lb down, it is better down than up
I only weigh myself once a week. That way I skip out on the usual ups & downs. Besides I get pretty neurotic so the ups would make me depressed and feel a sense of failure. Don't need that in my life, so I just go for the weekly weigh in. Also when I don't move the scale that much, I get motivated for the next week and often I loose more than I thought!!

Old 03-16-2013, 02:46 AM   #310
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Maybe just incorporate a couple of treats in rather than going completely off plan. You might be happier with small adjustments.
I was thinking about just a "free meal" instead of a day. My problem is that if I start eating carbs, its a lost cause. lol They actually make me hungrier!!! Next week I might try just the meal, if that doesnt work then I will just make it every other week. It all comes down to modifying to what works best.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:23 AM   #311
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Thanks Flossie! I know I just need to get/keep my head in the game. Looking back at everything I've lost until now is a great idea and an awesome way to keep me on track!
Yes, we always tend to only see what is still ahead of us instead of recognising what we accomplished. It's like when you are climbing a mountain and somehow the summit does not come any closer and then you get to a spot with a view and you see the valley far down below you - that always gives me a new boost of energy to tackle the last bit of the way up!

Quote:
But even if it IS next year when you reach your goal, so what?? If you quit now because things are moving slowly, then where will you be next year at this time? At goal?? I doubt it!!

I KNOW that you know that slow and steady WILL win the race.... but at times when it seems like you are ALWAYS hungry, or ALWAYS saying no to treat and the goal seems SO far away, it is so frustrating. Time to vent about the frustration and then move on, right???
Thanks for the encouragement Pamela! And you are right - it really does not matter when I will be at the goal. The most important thing is that I am still moving towards it instead of away from it!

Also wanted to say that I am in for coaching starting next Friday - and I guess I will then just continue until the end of the month? Would be silly to have someone else doing three days and I won't be too busy over Easter.

Quote:
Need time to catch up here, hopefully later this morning after my workout, but wanted to pop in and say two things...

1) I lost another two lbs at weigh-in this morning

2) We are at the half-way mark for March so I am gonna start recruiting coaches for April Please PM me or simply sign up below if interested!

April 1-4 (March 29-April 4)
April 5-11
April 12-18
April 19-25
April 26-30 (or April 26-May 2)

Go team!
Congratulations on the two pounds and thanks for hosting April!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post

Ok, I think that proves that you are truly British!!! Camping in March in the UK? I would not even think about it... But I have been told by British friends in the past that there is no bad weather, only bad clothing... Hope that you will have better weather than expected!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
Don't worry about not seeing any movement for a week or so. Weight loss is rarely linear, sometimes pounds drop faster than other times. One thing I think most women notice is that TOM has a lot of influence on weight, so it might be that.

However, two things that for me seem to have helped when I was feeling like my body did not want to part with the weight was trying to eat less carbs and more protein (I used to have a very carb heavy diet) and to make sure that I get enough calcium every day, either from green vegetables, dairy or even a supplement.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #312
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

QOTD Saturday April 16, 2013
What are you doing this weekend that is both fun and healthy?

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday. I will bbl with replies.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #313
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday. I will bbl with replies.
Well, we were supposed to go to the Renaissance Festival today, however it is going to be 90 degrees so we decided that was too hot to be walking around outside for 8 hours and postponed until next weekend. So now I'm going to Zumba instead That is always fun and healthy too!

Old 03-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #314
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We finally had some sunny weather (even if it was still winterly cold outside) and I went for a long walk through the city to soak up the sunshine!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #315
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I will be working all weekend. Its a great opportunity to get into my work week exercise routine!! I am looking forward to a nice long workout today and then shorter ones for the next couple days. On my week off I have set a goal of at least 3 hikes!! Rain or shine, which up here will most likely be rain! lol But hey, thats why they invented coats right?!?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: