Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 07:37 AM   #226
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.
 
PlutoBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
Glad I found this part of the Disboards!! Actually very glad my friend at work told me about Disboards in the first place! What a great community!

My story...... I have been dealing with this for my entire life. Up and down, good times and really bad ones, and ended up here. I hit my high at 301 in 2007 after my first WDW trip for Christmas, which was pretty much a hot mess. I was miserable and my "friend" I traveled with made it worse!! I was inspired by that to loose 100lbs that next year and in 2008 went back again, however I still traveled with the same "friend" (sometimes it takes us a while to learn these things!) I physically felt better but emotionally this time it was worse! Fortunately, my DD who was 18 then did a small (but wonderful) thing by doing what I couldnt, she stood up to my "friend". Which luckily ended our friendship midway through our trip!! We then went on to have a great time for the last couple days although we still met up for our scheduled dinners. All the drama was exhausting!!

After that I had some major life changes including moving to a new city and starting over, but sadly over the last 5 years, 80 of those pounds I lost found me again!!! I have wanted to go back to WDW but could not afford it but now I am finally at that point where I can return.

This year my DD (now 22) and I are headed to the F&WF and I cant wait! I cant safely loose 80 pounds before I go, but I would love to loose at least 50. So I am going back to what worked the first time, which was cutting carbs and portion size and exercising. I never counted anything (too much stress!) and always allowed myself a treat now and then so I didn't get discouraged. We (DD & I) have also started hiking now that the weather is getting better and I use a recumbent bike and weights on work days. Being from WA I have limited outdoor time until our token 2 weeks of "summer" that we get up here! lol I am in such a better place now and very excited to get healthy again!!

I am looking forward to taking this journey here and hope I can make new friends along the way.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Morning all! Here I am at MIT to see DD swim in Age Groups! I'll make it an easy question today, since I've been really picking your brains!

QOTD for Saturday, March 9, 2013:

What is your.....

Favorite Disney character? Pluto of course!:love:

Favorite Disney movie? Oh, that's a toughie...think I'll have to go with Dalmations, any of them.

Favorite ride in a Disney park? Rockin' Roller Coaster. I have the perfect excuse to squeeze DH's hand as hard as I can!

Favorite parade or other "event" at a Disney park?
Love both SpectroMagic (or whatever it's called these days), Illuminations, and the F&W Festival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Morning all!!


QOTD for Sunday, March 10, 2013:

List at least 5 BLESSINGS in your life!!
1. DH

2. Calypso-The Wonder Mutt
3. The fact that most of family are just as big Disney Dorks as I am .
4. My health.

5. The fact that I get to live less than 3 hours away from the Mouse and can spend most of my free time outside in gorgeous weather!
__________________
www.blackdogrunsdisney.com

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #227
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,549

Hi everyone! I think I am through with my funk and once again motivated. It also helps that the scale was a little bit friendlier to me this morning!!

Work is really horrible at the moment, but so far I am OP today, managed to be at the city hall at 8am to get a new driver's licence before work and had a succesful morning at work!

Oh - and that evening when I felt like eating lots of junk while sitting on my sofa: I ended up buying a pineapple as a healthy treat and a glossy magazine! And was quite proud of myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy Monday friends!

QOTD for Monday, March 11, 2013:

Tell me why it is DIFFERENT this time, this journey to health. Why are you going to be succesful? What steps have you taken to insure continued weight loss/weight maintenance??
Two things are different for me: So far I always lost weight just on my own - and I did not do too bad with it. But this time I became involved in this thread and it really helps to have a support group. It helps me especially when I need to get back into the routine of eating OP and exercising after a lapse in good habits. I am really counting on the support here to get me back on track immediately after my vacation! The good thing is that this threads pops up in my subscribed threads on the DIS anyway. So when I come to the DIS to read about WDW for entertainment, I also find my weight loss support group. Much more difficult to ignore than if it were on another website.

The other thing is that I think that I finally found some strength exercise that I enjoy. I kind of knew that I ought to do some cross training with my running, but hated the gym and never was motivated. I never expected to enjoy fitness DVDs, the whole concept of jumping around in my living room just seemed bizarre. But now I am in love with my 30 DS - and am looking forward to trying out different ones!
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #228
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,622

Well, I thought I might have time to do some reading here while the kids were at recess, but I got a bad news text from DH and had to spend some time on the phone with my Mom. My uncle in MA had a bad heart attack early this morning and it appears that they are only giving him a 50/50 chance.... so if you have some time for prayers and/or pixie dust, it would be appreciated. I am not unusually close to him, but he and his wife (my Mom's sister) are really a close couple and they have no children, so I'm sure she would be devastated if she didn't have him by her side.

Plus I had a particularly pokey 1st grader who took 17 minutes to put on his coat, snowpants, boots, and mittens.... and recess is only 20 minutes long! He will probably get out there just in time to line up to come in for lunch!!

All of that said, now I need to go warm up my lunch and take my bathroom break before meeting my class in the cafeteria for lunch duty at 11:20 am! This day is just a bit crazy! There was a 2 hour delay Thursday, so this teacher put some things off until Friday.... but Friday was a snow day and apparently she wasn't scheduled to be here, so I am working off of Friday's sub plans... but that means certain specialists do and don't work in here.... aaaaahhh!! It has been a mess of confusion, but I think we'll make it through!

TTYL................P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #229
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Missouri
Posts: 44,747

Pamela, sorry to hear your news. Many hugs!!!!

QOTD for March 11th?

Different this time and why I will be successful?

1) DH had a heart attack and triple bypass surgery, heart healthy diet is important in this house forever. We are trying to get his numbers under control.

2) I am "injured" and in order to to "be normal" I have to PT exercise. Which will help me to exercise SAFELY so I do not repeat this mess.

3) I have less than 2yrs to get into great shape for turning 50.

4) I need to get employed for the long haul and cannot do it in the condition I am in.

5) I want to do step classes, Zumba, walk the dogs, etc...without injuring myself. I used to do plenty of exercising without any issues and it is really ticking me off that I am so far gone with being out of shape.

Steps I have taken to ensure success?

1) Got all my medical stuff done and working on it. There are no questions about anything in that dept. It helps with my goals.

2) I am actually eating the fruits and veggies I buy. Which seems dumb but let me tell you it is not easy changing that mindset!!!! I have to force myself sometimes. It is so weird.

3) Not buying "junk food". The 16yodd begged me for cookies when I went to Walmart yesterday. I told her I will not BUY any cookies. However she is welcome to come into the kitchen and help me make homemade chocolate chip cookies or a homemade dessert from stratch. I am not against "desserts" or "treats" but I am against the factory made processed food.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #230
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.
 
PlutoBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 984

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy Monday friends!

QOTD for Monday, March 11, 2013:

Tell me why it is DIFFERENT this time, this journey to health. Why are you going to be succesful? What steps have you taken to insure continued weight loss/weight maintenance??
That's an easy one - WW and the DIS! Since I've been doing the WW thing for over a year now, it's become such a habit that I don't even have to think about it any more . But on the (good) flip side, by checking in here almost daily, it does keep me "thinking" about what I stuff in my yap every day (i.e., veggies, fruit, junk, etc).
__________________
www.blackdogrunsdisney.com

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #231
nocomment711
Ces Soirees-La
 
nocomment711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla
Happy Monday friends!

QOTD for Monday, March 11, 2013:

Tell me why it is DIFFERENT this time, this journey to health. Why are you going to be succesful? What steps have you taken to insure continued weight loss/weight maintenance??
I am actually trying. I'm working out every day (for the most part.. I can be lazy sometimes). I watch what I eat, cut soda out almost completely... I'm trying really hard, and it is satisfying to see results.

I think I'm getting roped into a 5K with my coworkers at the end of the month, wish me luck. XD
nocomment711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #232
DisFam95
DIS Veteran
 
DisFam95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,243

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
I finally watched the movie Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. I really enjoyed it and decided I would love to try a juice fast. So, I'm so glad others have tried/are trying this and I love to read about it. I do not have a juicer right now, so I'm looking at different models. DH thinks I'm crazy

I am going to try really try hard to keep up with the thread this week! Just believe me, even though I may not be posting, I am reading along while I sit at drums, gymnastics, and swimming

Have a great night!

Jill
Great news on the maintaining - hey it wasnt a gain so that's positive! Sometimes when I boost my workouts I tend to get that 'oh I can have an extra helping or bite'. So frustrating. If only I could get both the diet and exercise going together at the same time

I was like you and watched FS&ND and researched and went out and bought my juicer. Got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond w/ my coupon. Can't recall which one (as it's out in the garage) but I think was Jack LaLanne one for like $100 before discount. We used it faithfully and enjoyed it. Found a bunch of recipes and had fun playing w/ flavor combos. My concern w juice was you are not getting hardly any of the fiber and I did not stay full hardly at all.

Honestly cleaning it was a pain and my husband stopped using it. You have to empty the pulp, clean that container, the chute lid, plunger and that razor sharp 'filter' thing. We used a toothbrush to get in all the nooks and crannies.

If that's the only thing in your budget possibility then go for it. iT's still great to do I think compared to the junk we eat sometime. I definetly had never eaten so many fruits and veg in my life!

I had been watching smoothie videos on youtube and really agreed w/ the benefits of getting the whole food in my drink plus being able to add more things like the flax and seeds and beneficial oils. Due to a work bonus we had a little extra money and invested in a Vitamix (top of the line but oh so worth it). They do sell them at BB&B and I've heard people have gotten the discount w/ the coupon even though it says Vitamix does not apply. If so just say no thanks then I didn't read the print

There are some other powerful blenders out there that can do similar results but you may need to cut things a bit more. Again tons of youtube videos on reviews and watching them use it.

I've been doing the Dr OZ 3 day cleanse and was so full throughout the whole day I even skipped one of the 4 smoothies. No way could I have only had 3 glasses of just juice.

The blender styles you just dump it in and blend and rinse out the container. Soooo much easier that a juicer.

Anyway its a great way to substitute a meal and ultimately you have to work within your budget.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi everyone! I think I am through with my funk and once again motivated. It also helps that the scale was a little bit friendlier to me this morning!!

Oh - and that evening when I felt like eating lots of junk while sitting on my sofa: I ended up buying a pineapple as a healthy treat and a glossy magazine! And was quite proud of myself!
Wow great choice on the pineapple and magazine treat!! Thise decisions are so hard sometimes. SOunds like you're back in the game. Keep up the great work. Make it a great day!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Well, I thought I might have time to do some reading here while the kids were at recess, but I got a bad news text from DH and had to spend some time on the phone with my Mom. My uncle in MA had a bad heart attack early this morning and it appears that they are only giving him a 50/50 chance.... so if you have some time for prayers and/or pixie dust, it would be appreciated.


TTYL................P
You WILL make it through! So sorry about your bad news. I've been hearing friends more and more talking about so and so having a heart attack. Now that I'm in my mid 40's I wonder is this the norm now? Hoping has a good recovery.

----------------

Well my crop did not go quite as planned but really who was I kidding! I did not eat 28 turtles and only ate 5 over the whole day - BUT - I did eat 2 pieces of Sopapilla cheesecake. Have you ever had that?? Its so evil and delicious. For dinner we went to a place known for thier enchiladas but they also have rotissiere chicken so I just ordered that (white meat) and no sides. Figured I had plenty of other junk. NIbble some carrots and hummus and only drank water all day.

AND what did I have for breakfas today?? The piece of Spapilla cheesecake the girl gave me to take home oh yes I did.

So...It's smoothies for lunch! I did burn ~550 on the treadmill so hopefully that negates my breakfast.

Have a great day!!
__________________
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #233
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,622

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Morning all!!


QOTD for Sunday, March 10, 2013:

List at least 5 BLESSINGS in your life!!
Guess I didn't even answer my own qotd!

1. My health! Without that it wouldn't matter much what else I had!

2. My healthy family... DH, kids, parents, brother and SIL, and even all of my in-laws.... I lucked out and hit the family jackpot on both sides! I love them ALL, enjoy spending time with them ALL, and realize that that is not always the case for everyone!

3. My faith.

4. My freedom!

5. DH's job! Sure, we aren't rich, but we get by and he has some pretty decent job security after being there 25 years!

6. Silly one... my kitty! Love her and she relaxes me!

7. My home. Not fancy, but quiet, and in good shape!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
Glad I found this part of the Disboards!! Actually very glad my friend at work told me about Disboards in the first place! What a great community!

My story...... I have been dealing with this for my entire life. Up and down, good times and really bad ones, and ended up here. I hit my high at 301 in 2007 after my first WDW trip for Christmas, which was pretty much a hot mess. I was miserable and my "friend" I traveled with made it worse!! I was inspired by that to loose 100lbs that next year and in 2008 went back again, however I still traveled with the same "friend" (sometimes it takes us a while to learn these things!) I physically felt better but emotionally this time it was worse! Fortunately, my DD who was 18 then did a small (but wonderful) thing by doing what I couldnt, she stood up to my "friend". Which luckily ended our friendship midway through our trip!! We then went on to have a great time for the last couple days although we still met up for our scheduled dinners. All the drama was exhausting!!

After that I had some major life changes including moving to a new city and starting over, but sadly over the last 5 years, 80 of those pounds I lost found me again!!! I have wanted to go back to WDW but could not afford it but now I am finally at that point where I can return.

This year my DD (now 22) and I are headed to the F&WF and I cant wait! I cant safely loose 80 pounds before I go, but I would love to loose at least 50. So I am going back to what worked the first time, which was cutting carbs and portion size and exercising. I never counted anything (too much stress!) and always allowed myself a treat now and then so I didn't get discouraged. We (DD & I) have also started hiking now that the weather is getting better and I use a recumbent bike and weights on work days. Being from WA I have limited outdoor time until our token 2 weeks of "summer" that we get up here! lol I am in such a better place now and very excited to get healthy again!!

I am looking forward to taking this journey here and hope I can make new friends along the way.
Welcome, welcome, welcome! Sorry I wasn't here to officially welcome you aboard sooner. March has turned out to be a nutty month for me!

Sounds like you are on track to lose those 50 and maybe more!! You are in good company as we have a few other North Westerners here with us, along with a big contingent of New Englanders and FL folks.... plus a smattering in other places around the world!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy Monday friends!

QOTD for Monday, March 11, 2013:

Tell me why it is DIFFERENT this time, this journey to health. Why are you going to be succesful? What steps have you taken to insure continued weight loss/weight maintenance??

This time is different because I finally realized that this needed to be an EVERY DAY, LIFETIME journey!! Not sure WHY it clicked so well this time, but I am at 5 years (since I re-re-re-re-started this journey) and going strong!!

I have TOTALLY remade HOW/WHAT/WHY I eat.... both times, quantities, type, etc. No more MINDLESS eating.... no more BOREDOM eating (well.... most of the time ), no more living in a state of delusion over the actual calories in things (and significantly UNDER-estimating them!). I hate exercise but I do it.... regularly.... for 5 years now! The only workouts I regret are the ones I miss.

************

Got a message from my Mom that my uncle had some surgery to replace stents that were blocked and is stable for the moment.

My work day is winding down. I'm supposed to get out early at 2:30 to pick up DD for swim practice... hopefully the office remembered that and is getting me a replacement for the end of the day!

Had dinner planned and ready to go.... crockpot rosemary roasted chicken. Veggies were washed and cut and in the crockpot in the fridge, ready to drop the chicken on top and start it up this morning... until DD reminded me that the swim team is decorating t-shirts tonight after practice to wear to Y New Englands this weekend. That means, best case scenario, we won't probably get home until at least 7:30 or 8 pm... and I will be STARVING before that. So DH is on his own for dinner, DS has a meal with him, since he is staying at school until 9pm for play rehearsal, and I will grab stir-fry from the grocery store for DD and I to eat some time this evening! YIKES! Hopefully the chicken and veggies can keep til Wednesday, since tomorrow night is crazy too!

Okay! They just gave me the for my replacement, so I will get out of here now! WOOHOO! Hope everyone is well! Hopefully the wi-fi at the Y will be working tonight and I will be able to pop on during the t-shirt decorating time!....................P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #234
Lindaland
Mouseketeer
 
Lindaland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 472

Good afternoon everyone!!

Its been a great day so far, already got my workout in and had a huckleberry protein drink for bfast!! Now just drinking my coffee checking out the boards.

As for the QOTD.....
The difference this time is definitely where my head is at! Last time I lost weight it was more out of anger & competition. So naturally after time passed, the weight returned. This time I am not in that toxic relationship and I can just focus on being healthy.
I am going to succeed because I am only doing it for me, no one else. I am not trying to fix all my problems, as I have realized my weight is not the root of my happiness, and I know that even when I get thin, I will still have problems to deal with.
The things I have changed are that we no longer buy things like soda & chips. We have "Meatless Mondays" where we incorporate vegetarian dishes for the day. I only grill or bake my meat & fish, never fry or bread anything. I always take veggies & dip for lunch. And I always have at least a salad with dinner, if not other veggies too. On Fridays I have a "free day" where I can eat whatever I want WITHOUT GUILT!!! If I have a craving for a treat or high carb meal, I wait until Friday and have an appropriate portion. That last one is the most important for me since it gives me something to look forward to so I don't get discouraged and often by Friday I have changed my mind. Although, usually Saturday I feel all bloated and sluggish, so I am ready to stick to my new way of eating even more!!

This has been my working plan for the last month or so and I have lost 10 lbs!

I forgive myself often and love myself always!!!
__________________
Me DD

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #235
pix13dust
DIS Veteran
 
pix13dust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 583

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy Monday friends!

QOTD for Monday, March 11, 2013:

Tell me why it is DIFFERENT this time, this journey to health. Why are you going to be succesful? What steps have you taken to insure continued weight loss/weight maintenance??


Sorry to be so MIA over the weekend and I am at work today. I may have a bit of time when the kids head to recess about 11 am and I will try to pop on then!...........P
What's Different this time??? It's ME! I'm no longer into the " quick fix ", wanting to lose as much weight a quickley as possible. My girlfriend just did a 3 day WATER diet, only water for 3 days... no food ridiculous.
I want to be healthy and set a good example for my kids - the by product of healthly living is losing this extra weight

the steps i'm taking are " slow and steady wins the race ". This is a lifestyle change - not a temp change. I started slowly, just exercising. Then i cut out eating snacks with every meal, and in between meals. Eventually moved into eating healthly, less processed food, dairy, sugar, caffine etc. Now i'm trying to put that all together -healthy eating an exercising. Its taken about a year - but im in no rush, i plan on being around for about 45 more years

Stay healthy my friends!
Melinda
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #236
pix13dust
DIS Veteran
 
pix13dust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
Good afternoon everyone!!

Its been a great day so far, already got my workout in and had a huckleberry protein drink for bfast!! Now just drinking my coffee checking out the boards.

As for the QOTD.....
The difference this time is definitely where my head is at! Last time I lost weight it was more out of anger & competition. So naturally after time passed, the weight returned. This time I am not in that toxic relationship and I can just focus on being healthy.
I am going to succeed because I am only doing it for me, no one else. I am not trying to fix all my problems, as I have realized my weight is not the root of my happiness, and I know that even when I get thin, I will still have problems to deal with.
The things I have changed are that we no longer buy things like soda & chips. We have "Meatless Mondays" where we incorporate vegetarian dishes for the day. I only grill or bake my meat & fish, never fry or bread anything. I always take veggies & dip for lunch. And I always have at least a salad with dinner, if not other veggies too. On Fridays I have a "free day" where I can eat whatever I want WITHOUT GUILT!!! If I have a craving for a treat or high carb meal, I wait until Friday and have an appropriate portion. That last one is the most important for me since it gives me something to look forward to so I don't get discouraged and often by Friday I have changed my mind. Although, usually Saturday I feel all bloated and sluggish, so I am ready to stick to my new way of eating even more!!

This has been my working plan for the last month or so and I have lost 10 lbs!

I forgive myself often and love myself always!!!
WELCOME


Sounds like you have a great plan in place. Good luck to you
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #237
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,098

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla
Happy Monday friends!

QOTD for Monday, March 11, 2013:

Tell me why it is DIFFERENT this time, this journey to health. Why are you going to be succesful? What steps have you taken to insure continued weight loss/weight maintenance??
The main difference this time is that I am not doing this for just weight loss. I'm getting healthy overall. I love working out, especially running. I love having more energy. I love feeling healthy & not sluggish or run down. It's my choice and I'm doing it for me & for no other reason.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna
Hi everyone! I think I am through with my funk and once again motivated. It also helps that the scale was a little bit friendlier to me this morning!!

Work is really horrible at the moment, but so far I am OP today, managed to be at the city hall at 8am to get a new driver's licence before work and had a succesful morning at work!

Oh - and that evening when I felt like eating lots of junk while sitting on my sofa: I ended up buying a pineapple as a healthy treat and a glossy magazine! And was quite proud of myself!
Good job making heathy choices! And I hope work got better for you


Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla
Well, I thought I might have time to do some reading here while the kids were at recess, but I got a bad news text from DH and had to spend some time on the phone with my Mom. My uncle in MA had a bad heart attack early this morning and it appears that they are only giving him a 50/50 chance.... so if you have some time for prayers and/or pixie dust, it would be appreciated. I am not unusually close to him, but he and his wife (my Mom's sister) are really a close couple and they have no children, so I'm sure she would be devastated if she didn't have him by her side.

Plus I had a particularly pokey 1st grader who took 17 minutes to put on his coat, snowpants, boots, and mittens.... and recess is only 20 minutes long! He will probably get out there just in time to line up to come in for lunch!!

TTYL................P
I hope your uncle is doing well after his surgery. Prayers to you and your family.

Is this pokey 1st grader my son?!?!


Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment711

I am actually trying. I'm working out every day (for the most part.. I can be lazy sometimes). I watch what I eat, cut soda out almost completely... I'm trying really hard, and it is satisfying to see results.

I think I'm getting roped into a 5K with my coworkers at the end of the month, wish me luck. XD
Good job with the soda! That's a hard habit to break.

I love doing 5Ks! Have you done one before? Warning: they're addicting.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95

I was like you and watched FS&ND and researched and went out and bought my juicer. Got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond w/ my coupon. Can't recall which one (as it's out in the garage) but I think was Jack LaLanne one for like $100 before discount. We used it faithfully and enjoyed it. Found a bunch of recipes and had fun playing w/ flavor combos. My concern w juice was you are not getting hardly any of the fiber and I did not stay full hardly at all.

Honestly cleaning it was a pain and my husband stopped using it. You have to empty the pulp, clean that container, the chute lid, plunger and that razor sharp 'filter' thing. We used a toothbrush to get in all the nooks and crannies.

If that's the only thing in your budget possibility then go for it. iT's still great to do I think compared to the junk we eat sometime. I definetly had never eaten so many fruits and veg in my life!

I had been watching smoothie videos on youtube and really agreed w/ the benefits of getting the whole food in my drink plus being able to add more things like the flax and seeds and beneficial oils. Due to a work bonus we had a little extra money and invested in a Vitamix (top of the line but oh so worth it). They do sell them at BB&B and I've heard people have gotten the discount w/ the coupon even though it says Vitamix does not apply. If so just say no thanks then I didn't read the print

There are some other powerful blenders out there that can do similar results but you may need to cut things a bit more. Again tons of youtube videos on reviews and watching them use it.

I've been doing the Dr OZ 3 day cleanse and was so full throughout the whole day I even skipped one of the 4 smoothies. No way could I have only had 3 glasses of just juice.

The blender styles you just dump it in and blend and rinse out the container. Soooo much easier that a juicer.

Anyway its a great way to substitute a meal and ultimately you have to work within your budget.

----------------

Well my crop did not go quite as planned but really who was I kidding! I did not eat 28 turtles and only ate 5 over the whole day - BUT - I did eat 2 pieces of Sopapilla cheesecake. Have you ever had that?? Its so evil and delicious. For dinner we went to a place known for thier enchiladas but they also have rotissiere chicken so I just ordered that (white meat) and no sides. Figured I had plenty of other junk. NIbble some carrots and hummus and only drank water all day.

AND what did I have for breakfas today?? The piece of Spapilla cheesecake the girl gave me to take home oh yes I did.

So...It's smoothies for lunch! I did burn ~550 on the treadmill so hopefully that negates my breakfast.

Have a great day!!
Thanks for sharing your personal experience. I talked to a friend of a friend who juices & such. I think I am going to try the Dr Oz 3 day cleanse also. I'll see how I feel & if I like it. Then I'll think about a juicer for maybe lunch or dinner.

It sounds to me like you did great at your crop! It could've been MUCH worse, right?!?! And cheesecake for breakfast? I'm sure it was a healthy cheesecake


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland
Good afternoon everyone!!

Its been a great day so far, already got my workout in and had a huckleberry protein drink for bfast!! Now just drinking my coffee checking out the boards.
Yay for a workout and yum for a huckleberry drink! It sounds delicious!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust

What's Different this time??? It's ME! I'm no longer into the " quick fix ", wanting to lose as much weight a quickley as possible. My girlfriend just did a 3 day WATER diet, only water for 3 days... no food ridiculous.
I want to be healthy and set a good example for my kids - the by product of healthly living is losing this extra weight

the steps i'm taking are " slow and steady wins the race ". This is a lifestyle change - not a temp change. I started slowly, just exercising. Then i cut out eating snacks with every meal, and in between meals. Eventually moved into eating healthly, less processed food, dairy, sugar, caffine etc. Now i'm trying to put that all together -healthy eating an exercising. Its taken about a year - but im in no rush, i plan on being around for about 45 more years

Stay healthy my friends!
Melinda
Uhhhh...3 days of water? That's a little extreme for me

Sometimes we need reminded that slow & steady is what's healthy, like when I hit a plateau like I'm currently in. Here's to 45 or more years!

----------------------------------------------------

Good evening everyone! I'm sitting at drums while its rainy. We had such a beautiful, tease of a weekend. 50s and 60s and now possible snow tonight

My regular aide in my 9th-12th grade all boys room was back today after missing last week with a sick daughter. While he was out, I had 3 out of 5 horrible days. But, today was back to normal & I'm actually not stressed at all He's a great aide & the kids really respect him, so it felt good to be back to normal. It's so funny how high school kids act when there is a change. They just wanted to see how far they could push it with the substitute aide & it made my days stressful! When's spring break?!?!

Pamela~did you find a new exercise or class yet? I love my circuit training classes. We do weights for a minute then move to the next machine or exercise if we are using free weights (similar to curves). But, our instructor mixes in Tabata. It's a great workout. I also love spinning. It's a kick butt workout, but you either love it or hate it. I bought a DVD set that's similar to P90x but shorter workouts. It's good to use at home, but I do better at the gym. How about a kettlebell workout? I like using those as well.

Also, DS had his last scuba lesson & they turned the lights out in the pool. So his "night dive" was pretty cool. They used flashlights to look for "treasure" which was plastic coins, gems, & necklaces. He loved it! I think he & DH are going to get certified when DS turns 12. I still don't get it, but I know you have a water/scuba living DD

Okay...drums are finishing up, so I better run. Have a great night

Jill
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #238
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!
 
myweegirls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 640

Hi all!

The weekend was as busy as I expected, and I'm behind on my reading and my QOTDs...I don't think I'll catch up except for big hugs to Pamela - I'm sorry to hear about your uncle, and your family is very much in my thoughts.

Food attack - I made a cake for the school carnival's cake walk this weekend. While I was perusing the silent auction and class basket auctions, DD6 won on one of the cake walk turns and promptly chose Mommy's Cake. Oh boy. I *love* this cake. The good news is, at the rate DH and I are tearing through it (and DDs, to be fair), it'll be gone soon! :/

XO
Liz
__________________
Anna, 9 ~ Tessa, 7 ~ married to DEA since 2003 ~ joined DVC in 2013!

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #239
50sjayne
DIS Veteran
 
50sjayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Eugene Oregon
Posts: 1,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Morning all!!


QOTD for Sunday, March 10, 2013:

List at least 5 BLESSINGS in your life!!
1. Misty!
2. My friend. He never ceases to amaze me.
3. My husband. For many reasons mostly endless patience.
4. My kids. I haven't had this kind of freedom for years. It's nice their grown and I'm starting to really be able to let go in so many ways.
5. My beautiful angel kitties-- even the 'bad' one Harvey lol.
6. My parents. Again endless patience.
7. My job/the union.
8. Our house. I moved around a lot when I was young, had split custody with my parents between Illinois and Oregon. This house has been my home longer than any place I lived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy Monday friends!

QOTD for Monday, March 11, 2013:

Tell me why it is DIFFERENT this time, this journey to health. Why are you going to be succesful? What steps have you taken to insure continued weight loss/weight maintenance??


Sorry to be so MIA over the weekend and I am at work today. I may have a bit of time when the kids head to recess about 11 am and I will try to pop on then!...........P
Because I want my tattoo. Ha.
Cut back on drinking-- that's been a lot easier than I thought, and I love riding my bike to work now. It means a lot to me too consuming less fuel. I really wanted a bio diesel car or some kind of car with amazing gas mileage and ended up falling in love with a little red truck. It does get great mileage for what it is but I feel I'm balancing out the mileage with biking to work, the gym, the store. It's come in handy too.

You've had a week Pam-- sorry 'bout stuff, you are kind of an amazing woman...
__________________
It's snowing in Disneyland!
50sjayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #240
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.
 
PlutoBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 984

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post


Got a message from my Mom that my uncle had some surgery to replace stents that were blocked and is stable for the moment.
Pam - so glad to hear your uncle is doing better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
Good afternoon everyone!!

The difference this time is definitely where my head is at! Last time I lost weight it was more out of anger & competition. So naturally after time passed, the weight returned. This time I am not in that toxic relationship and I can just focus on being healthy.
I am going to succeed because I am only doing it for me, no one else. I am not trying to fix all my problems, as I have realized my weight is not the root of my happiness, and I know that even when I get thin, I will still have problems to deal with.
The things I have changed are that we no longer buy things like soda & chips. We have "Meatless Mondays" where we incorporate vegetarian dishes for the day. I only grill or bake my meat & fish, never fry or bread anything. I always take veggies & dip for lunch. And I always have at least a salad with dinner, if not other veggies too. On Fridays I have a "free day" where I can eat whatever I want WITHOUT GUILT!!! If I have a craving for a treat or high carb meal, I wait until Friday and have an appropriate portion. That last one is the most important for me since it gives me something to look forward to so I don't get discouraged and often by Friday I have changed my mind. Although, usually Saturday I feel all bloated and sluggish, so I am ready to stick to my new way of eating even more!!

This has been my working plan for the last month or so and I have lost 10 lbs!

I forgive myself often and love myself always!!!
I know what you mean about letting it all hang out on your free day. Unfortunately, my free day is a whole weekend! By the time Monday morning rolls around, I am SO ready to get back on track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
What's Different this time??? It's ME! I'm no longer into the " quick fix ", wanting to lose as much weight a quickley as possible. My girlfriend just did a 3 day WATER diet, only water for 3 days... no food ridiculous.

the steps i'm taking are " slow and steady wins the race ". This is a lifestyle change - not a temp change. I started slowly, just exercising. Then i cut out eating snacks with every meal, and in between meals. Eventually moved into eating healthly, less processed food, dairy, sugar, caffine etc. Now i'm trying to put that all together -healthy eating an exercising. Its taken about a year - but im in no rush, i plan on being around for about 45 more years

Stay healthy my friends!
Melinda

Nothing but water for three days!! Uh...NO WAY!! And AT LEAST another 45 years for me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
The main difference this time is that I am not doing this for just weight loss. I'm getting healthy overall. I love working out, especially running. I love having more energy. I love feeling healthy & not sluggish or run down. It's my choice and I'm doing it for me & for no other reason.

Yes, running is my crack.

I love doing 5Ks! Have you done one before? Warning: they're addicting.




----------------------------------------------------

Also, DS had his last scuba lesson & they turned the lights out in the pool. So his "night dive" was pretty cool. They used flashlights to look for "treasure" which was plastic coins, gems, & necklaces. He loved it! I think he & DH are going to get certified when DS turns 12. I still don't get it, but I know you have a water/scuba living DD


Jill
It's a whole other AMAZING world under the waves Jill. Trust me on this one!!
__________________
www.blackdogrunsdisney.com

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.