Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #211
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Morning all! Here I am at MIT to see DD swim in Age Groups! I'll make it an easy question today, since I've been really picking your brains!

QOTD for Saturday, March 9, 2013:

What is your.....

Favorite Disney character?

Favorite Disney movie?

Favorite ride in a Disney park?

Favorite parade or other "event" at a Disney park?
For my own answers....

Favorite character....don't really have one, but top faves are Mickey and Ariel.

Favorite movie (s)..Tangled and The Little Mermaid.

Favorite ride...Sosrin'.

Favorite event.....Wishes.

Here at MIT for tonight's time trial. Ended up having lunch at Bertucci's where I had mostly veggies and a roasted polenta dishes, so not too bad. Went back to a friends's hotel room to chill for a bit. Time trials start at 6 pm, but I don't know how long it will be until DD does her 200 free.

Gut feels a bit miserable...probably less about what I've eaten and more about not moving and stress belly, etc. plus I'm not drinking much because I don't want to keep getting up and climbing over people to get to the bathroom.

Too tired to type more...need to save my energy for the drive home. TTYL........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:44 AM   #212
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good Sunday morning.

We started tech week as of March 1st for Grease at the local high school and then we went through state testing this week at school. Grease opened Friday night and testing is over so I think life should calm down. And on top of that there is only 2 weeks until spring break.

What is your.....

Favorite Disney movie?

Cruella and Tinkerbell. I love Cruella but you can't always find things with her on so I have added Tink who is half bad and half good.

Original Parent Trap and original 101 Dalmations and of course for very personal reasons Beauty and the Beast

Haunted Mansion

Main Street Electrical Parade

I just wanted to stop by to say I am still here and will be getting back on track this week.

Have a happy and healthy day
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #213
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Magdalene, hang in there! It's tough to stay on plan when everything around is not -- there is nothing wrong with taking a break and treading water if you need to.

Runner's World had a great quote today on FB ‎"It doesn't matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
The scale was kind to me today - surprisingly so! I know we will be eating out and making some treats over the weekend, so I'll need to focus on moderation and exercise! DD is bummed that we are not going anywhere for spring break, so we're trying to build in some fun stuff on the weekends. She is a little nervous to be going to her school's kids club for all of the days off next week, since most of her classmates won't be there.
for a kind scale, Nicole. to your DD that she makes some friends at kid's club quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
So I weighed in this am and had a 2 lb loss... not the 3 lbs I saw earlier this week but I'll take it Isn't it slow and steady that wins the race?
Congrats on the loss!

DisFam95, thanks for the smoothie reports!

Susan, sending to both you and Misty on the arrival of the new kitties!

Liz, enjoy your busy week-end and your brand new, shiny fridge!

Quote:

What is your.....

Favorite Disney character? Mickey Mouse

Favorite Disney movie? Pirates of the Caribbean: The Black Pearl

Favorite ride in a Disney park? Radiator Springs Racers at DCA

World of Color at DCA.
Hope your daughter had a great meet!

Hi Dona! Nice to see you!

Busy week here and a bug seems to be visiting the household. With that and the time change it will be a relaxing easy day here.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #214
pjlla
<><

Morning all!!

QOTD for Sunday, March 10, 2013:

List at least 5 BLESSINGS in your life!!

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 03-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #215
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Morning all!!

My son, my first born, the one who changed everything for me.

My daughter, my little love bug, who is so kind and intelligent and a mini-me (though she is definitely a Daddy's Girl!).

My fiance who makes my life full and my heart happy (most of the time).

My career which gives me purpose and pride.

My determination to make my life and myself better.

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #216
nocomment711
Ces Soirees-La

Quote:
Morning all! Here I am at MIT to see DD swim in Age Groups! I'll make it an easy question today, since I've been really picking your brains!

What is your.....

Favorite Disney movie?

Fav. Disney character - Maleficent
Fav. Disney movie - Sleeping Beauty
Fav. ride n a Disney park - Expedition Everest
Fav. parade/event - Wishes

Quote:
Morning all!!

1) My family
2) My best friends.
3) My well-paying job.
4) My grandma
5) My newfound weight loss goals.

-------

Been slacking again. Didn't feel like exercising, so I didn't meet my weekly time (but I did meet my weekly calorie burn). Hoping to get back on track.

nocomment711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #217
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment711
Been slacking again. Didn't feel like exercising, so I didn't meet my weekly time (but I did meet my weekly calorie burn). Hoping to get back on track.

Hey, you met at least one goal! Yay for that, and now you can get yourself back on track!

Old 03-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #218
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Hello all! I've been a little MIA this week. I had a really stressful week at work this week and my kids had activities every night. But, I am reading along. Congrats to everyone who is having success at weight loss and with family. And, hugs to anyone who needs it

I had a maintain this week which I was happy with. I really worked hard with exercise this week, but not so much with eating. All the stress at work lead to some bad eating choices. I'm hoping to get back on track with eating this week.

I finally watched the movie Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. I really enjoyed it and decided I would love to try a juice fast. So, I'm so glad others have tried/are trying this and I love to read about it. I do not have a juicer right now, so I'm looking at different models. DH thinks I'm crazy

I am going to try really try hard to keep up with the thread this week! Just believe me, even though I may not be posting, I am reading along while I sit at drums, gymnastics, and swimming

Have a great night!

Jill
Old 03-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #219
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

Well it was 60 and sunny today! I ran/walk outside for 30 minutes. It It was easier and harder than I remember. I didn't even need to use my inhaler but that's because I forgot to bring it. LOL. It also was my first time exercising outside since October. It was fantastic. Despite the nice weather it was still very snowy still on the ground.

Well, I had a good week! Down 2 pounds, kind of a shocker because I went over in calories almost everyday - had one of the those weeks where I was just starving everyday. I have to say, even though I went over in calories they were healthy calories!

Just got back from Trader Joes! We finally got here, nice store, I bought a few things to try. Yum.

Jill - I watched fat sick and nearly dying a few weeks ago and that's when I decided to try my first juice fast. I dont have a juicer, and I didn't juice exactly the way he did it. Instead I have a ninja something and I used the mostly green vegetables with apples to sweeten it. I also added chia seeds and nuts. So my juice had the consistancy of a smoothie, and it still had all the fiber from the fruits and vegetables.

Last week i did a traditional juice cleanse from the juice bar at my yoga place. They give you six juices a day that you can pick up all at once or pick up a couple times during the day. I didn't care for that juice cleanse it all. Their juices were all carrot based which I think is high sugar and they added a lot of celery and lemon. I didn't really care for the flavor at all. I am totally sick of carrot! I didn't feel that it did is much for me or my body is my own juice cleanse.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Melinda
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #220
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Glad I found this part of the Disboards!! Actually very glad my friend at work told me about Disboards in the first place! What a great community!

My story...... I have been dealing with this for my entire life. Up and down, good times and really bad ones, and ended up here. I hit my high at 301 in 2007 after my first WDW trip for Christmas, which was pretty much a hot mess. I was miserable and my "friend" I traveled with made it worse!! I was inspired by that to loose 100lbs that next year and in 2008 went back again, however I still traveled with the same "friend" (sometimes it takes us a while to learn these things!) I physically felt better but emotionally this time it was worse! Fortunately, my DD who was 18 then did a small (but wonderful) thing by doing what I couldnt, she stood up to my "friend". Which luckily ended our friendship midway through our trip!! We then went on to have a great time for the last couple days although we still met up for our scheduled dinners. All the drama was exhausting!!

After that I had some major life changes including moving to a new city and starting over, but sadly over the last 5 years, 80 of those pounds I lost found me again!!! I have wanted to go back to WDW but could not afford it but now I am finally at that point where I can return.

This year my DD (now 22) and I are headed to the F&WF and I cant wait! I cant safely loose 80 pounds before I go, but I would love to loose at least 50. So I am going back to what worked the first time, which was cutting carbs and portion size and exercising. I never counted anything (too much stress!) and always allowed myself a treat now and then so I didn't get discouraged. We (DD & I) have also started hiking now that the weather is getting better and I use a recumbent bike and weights on work days. Being from WA I have limited outdoor time until our token 2 weeks of "summer" that we get up here! lol I am in such a better place now and very excited to get healthy again!!

I am looking forward to taking this journey here and hope I can make new friends along the way.

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #221
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
Well it was 60 and sunny today! I ran/walk outside for 30 minutes. It It was easier and harder than I remember. I didn't even need to use my inhaler but that's because I forgot to bring it. LOL. It also was my first time exercising outside since October. It was fantastic. Despite the nice weather it was still very snowy still on the ground.

Well, I had a good week! Down 2 pounds, kind of a shocker because I went over in calories almost everyday - had one of the those weeks where I was just starving everyday. I have to say, even though I went over in calories they were healthy calories!

Just got back from Trader Joes! We finally got here, nice store, I bought a few things to try. Yum.

Jill - I watched fat sick and nearly dying a few weeks ago and that's when I decided to try my first juice fast. I dont have a juicer, and I didn't juice exactly the way he did it. Instead I have a ninja something and I used the mostly green vegetables with apples to sweeten it. I also added chia seeds and nuts. So my juice had the consistancy of a smoothie, and it still had all the fiber from the fruits and vegetables.

Last week i did a traditional juice cleanse from the juice bar at my yoga place. They give you six juices a day that you can pick up all at once or pick up a couple times during the day. I didn't care for that juice cleanse it all. Their juices were all carrot based which I think is high sugar and they added a lot of celery and lemon. I didn't really care for the flavor at all. I am totally sick of carrot! I didn't feel that it did is much for me or my body is my own juice cleanse.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Melinda
Thanks for the info! I am really interested in trying this for a few days (3-7) but am having a hard time figuring it all out. I'll be checking out the Fat, Sick website sometime tonight. I feel like I need to do this because I'd like to cut out sugary things and the diet soda. I really think this could work. Sorry that your juice from the juice bar was not for your liking. I don't even have a juice place near me, so I'd have to do it all myself. I wish I had a place that I could try it for a couple days first. DH thinks I'll invest in a juicer & it'll just collect dust. I guess I'm worried about that too! Maybe I should check out Craigslist first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
Glad I found this part of the Disboards!! Actually very glad my friend at work told me about Disboards in the first place! What a great community!

My story...... I have been dealing with this for my entire life. Up and down, good times and really bad ones, and ended up here. I hit my high at 301 in 2007 after my first WDW trip for Christmas, which was pretty much a hot mess. I was miserable and my "friend" I traveled with made it worse!! I was inspired by that to loose 100lbs that next year and in 2008 went back again, however I still traveled with the same "friend" (sometimes it takes us a while to learn these things!) I physically felt better but emotionally this time it was worse! Fortunately, my DD who was 18 then did a small (but wonderful) thing by doing what I couldnt, she stood up to my "friend". Which luckily ended our friendship midway through our trip!! We then went on to have a great time for the last couple days although we still met up for our scheduled dinners. All the drama was exhausting!!

After that I had some major life changes including moving to a new city and starting over, but sadly over the last 5 years, 80 of those pounds I lost found me again!!! I have wanted to go back to WDW but could not afford it but now I am finally at that point where I can return.

This year my DD (now 22) and I are headed to the F&WF and I cant wait! I cant safely loose 80 pounds before I go, but I would love to loose at least 50. So I am going back to what worked the first time, which was cutting carbs and portion size and exercising. I never counted anything (too much stress!) and always allowed myself a treat now and then so I didn't get discouraged. We (DD & I) have also started hiking now that the weather is getting better and I use a recumbent bike and weights on work days. Being from WA I have limited outdoor time until our token 2 weeks of "summer" that we get up here! lol I am in such a better place now and very excited to get healthy again!!

I am looking forward to taking this journey here and hope I can make new friends along the way.
Hello and Welcome! This is a great place for support and ideas. It sounds like you are back on track and have some great support from DD! Way to go!

Jill
Old 03-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #222
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Sounds like you have a wonderful goal to work towards! Super excited for you!

Old 03-11-2013, 01:28 AM   #223
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the support!! I am even more encouraged to stick with it now. Both my DD and I are hoping to loose weight, if for no other reason than we are from WA and will surely die in the heat if we stay this size. lol Besides we also need to build our endurance to get through days at the parks.

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #224
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the support!! I am even more encouraged to stick with it now. Both my DD and I are hoping to loose weight, if for no other reason than we are from WA and will surely die in the heat if we stay this size. lol Besides we also need to build our endurance to get through days at the parks.
Welcome!!!

I found for me using the Biggest Loser Food Scale made all the difference in my portion control. I highly recommend it. And quitting all soda including diet soda....

Good morning to all. New week, new beginnings. I start PT with a new gal and I am going to try and get some exercises out of her. Hey, why not? My back is sore from lifting my plants.

Also, I HAD TO GO AND GET SIZE NINE SHOES.... WTH is going on with my feet?

Not too long ago, I wore 7 1/2. Then I went to Nike shoes and I wore an eight or so I thought. My toes are at the end of the reg. shoes with these orthotics I have. Weird, weird, weird...

Happy Monday all!!! Post what you are having for dinner tonight because I am in a slump.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #225
pjlla
<><

Happy Monday friends!

QOTD for Monday, March 11, 2013:

Tell me why it is DIFFERENT this time, this journey to health. Why are you going to be succesful? What steps have you taken to insure continued weight loss/weight maintenance??

Sorry to be so MIA over the weekend and I am at work today. I may have a bit of time when the kids head to recess about 11 am and I will try to pop on then!...........P

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: