Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #196
DisFam95
DIS Veteran
 
DisFam95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,246

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWorBUST View Post
Okay - short vent - my DH and I have been following the DASH diet now for almost 2 weeks. It is great that we are doing it together and helps keep me on track. But why is it that he loses 50% more than me doing the same darn thing!! It is so unfair! The worst part of all is I am absolutely thrilled with my results so far - that is until I see what he has done!! Okay vent over.

So frustrating how men lose faster. Teres some commercial for some weight loss with little sketches of the woman and her spouse and how he stops eating the junk an I think his pants fall off..so true! Hang in there - focus on your own progress and success and celebrate his too. I know I always feel a little grouchy when DH says he lost a pound or something. Then I feel guilty for not
celebrating it - it's natural. Good job on what YOU did!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post

My only advise would be to be sure you are getting some protein as well. When I have tried juice cleanses, I end up feeling tired and miserable and I think it is because of the lack of protein. Throw some chia seed in or maybe make a juice "smoothie" with some silken tofu. Other than that, good luck! Love to hear how it goes!

***********

Still haven't made breakfast and now I am STARVING!..................P
I don't do just juice (juicer) I do the whole fruit/veg w/ the vitamix so I get all the fiber from that. When I had my juicer I could not do just juice - I felt the same way, tired and miserable. So hopefully this will be better.

Had my first smoothie this morning and it was delish!! They add little bits of flaxseed and coconut and almond butters to get some 'good' fats and proteins.

1T flaxseed
1c raspberries
1 banana
1/2c spinach
1T almond butter
2t lemon

300 cal
12.5g fats (good fats; 8 almond butter, 3 flaxseed)
9g protein
17g fiber



We'll see how lunch goes. My hardest part of the day will definitely be late afternoon!
__________________
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #197
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 315

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWorBUST View Post
I would probably turn to MFP....I just got started on there and although I haven't really taken part in the "community" yet it seems like you could really find a lot of support there too.

Okay - short vent - my DH and I have been following the DASH diet now for almost 2 weeks. It is great that we are doing it together and helps keep me on track. But why is it that he loses 50% more than me doing the same darn thing!! It is so unfair! The worst part of all is I am absolutely thrilled with my results so far - that is until I see what he has done!! Okay vent over.
Story of my life! Years ago we did the South Beach Diet (never made it past the 2 week induction phase but still...) I measured and weighed EVERY ingredient and was SO careful with our meals. I lose about 3 pounds. My husband cheated, had soda, beer, pizza, and he lost something like TWELVE POUNDS in 2 weeks (and is not a large guy). He still from time to time will be like "I could stand to lose a few pounds, maybe I'll do South Beach for a few days" and I admit I see red for a few seconds! LOL! Jealousy is so unbecoming on me, but NOT FAIR!! *tantrum*
iheartjuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #198
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran
 
princessbride6205's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,972

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy snowy morning all!! Snow day here!


QOTD for Friday, March 8, 2013:

If the DIS-boards were to suddenly disappear, where would you find a new support group for your weight loss? Or would you give it a go "alone"?
I think I would become more active on Another Mother Runner, though I'm hearing lots of good things about MFP. I would also probably go it alone for awhile. I have done it alone before, so it will just depend how much support I want and if I feel comfortable with the new community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
Story of my life! Years ago we did the South Beach Diet (never made it past the 2 week induction phase but still...) I measured and weighed EVERY ingredient and was SO careful with our meals. I lose about 3 pounds. My husband cheated, had soda, beer, pizza, and he lost something like TWELVE POUNDS in 2 weeks (and is not a large guy). He still from time to time will be like "I could stand to lose a few pounds, maybe I'll do South Beach for a few days" and I admit I see red for a few seconds! LOL! Jealousy is so unbecoming on me, but NOT FAIR!! *tantrum*
I've said the same thing often! DH eats 1 instead of 2 extra meals after dinner and loses a clothing size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post
I don't do just juice (juicer) I do the whole fruit/veg w/ the vitamix so I get all the fiber from that. When I had my juicer I could not do just juice - I felt the same way, tired and miserable. So hopefully this will be better.

Had my first smoothie this morning and it was delish!! They add little bits of flaxseed and coconut and almond butters to get some 'good' fats and proteins.

1T flaxseed
1c raspberries
1 banana
1/2c spinach
1T almond butter
2t lemon

300 cal
12.5g fats (good fats; 8 almond butter, 3 flaxseed)
9g protein
17g fiber

We'll see how lunch goes. My hardest part of the day will definitely be late afternoon!
That sounds awesome! You are the second person this week that has mentioned the Vitamix.

****************
The scale was kind to me today - surprisingly so! I know we will be eating out and making some treats over the weekend, so I'll need to focus on moderation and exercise! DD is bummed that we are not going anywhere for spring break, so we're trying to build in some fun stuff on the weekends. She is a little nervous to be going to her school's kids club for all of the days off next week, since most of her classmates won't be there.
__________________
Nicole DH DD(6)
If there's a trip, there's a race!
2010 Princess Half * 2011 Wine & Dine Half * 2012 Wine & Dine Half
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #199
araes2102
Mouseketeer
 
araes2102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: the desert
Posts: 490

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy snowy morning all!! Snow day here!


QOTD for Friday, March 8, 2013:

If the DIS-boards were to suddenly disappear, where would you find a new support group for your weight loss? Or would you give it a go "alone"?
Oh, as most of you have said... I would have to find another online support but I would be I do use MFP quite a lot so that would be natural fallback

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWorBUST View Post
I would probably turn to MFP....I just got started on there and although I haven't really taken part in the "community" yet it seems like you could really find a lot of support there too.

Okay - short vent - my DH and I have been following the DASH diet now for almost 2 weeks. It is great that we are doing it together and helps keep me on track. But why is it that he loses 50% more than me doing the same darn thing!! It is so unfair! The worst part of all is I am absolutely thrilled with my results so far - that is until I see what he has done!! Okay vent over.
What's your MFP name?

I get so frustrated with DF when he loses quickly too! His theory is that men have more muscle mass than women and therefore naturally burn more calories throughout the day. Seems logical but still makes me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I am afraid I need to have to vent a little bit. I am really losing steam at the moment. Today I had a gain of half a pound since last Friday (might weigh in officially tomorrow though), I think I pulled a muscle or strained a tendon in my right leg, work is really stressful and the weekend will be very busy and not relaxing, too. I had to settle for a not so wise lunch that wasnt tasty. I just want to go home sit on my couch and eat chips, gummy bears and a pizza right now!!!

I won't do that though - so knowing that I will be able to resist the temptation to go back into old habits is at least something. I also know that this is mainly PMS rearing its ugly head. Still makes me unhappy... I hope I get through this funk without too much damage though. At least I decided that I will take a break from the 30 DS for today and tomorrow to let my leg get some rest. The last thing I need is some real injury!
So sorry you are having a tough go of it! I know how that feels... I was right there last night after my super long day, exhausted and hungry and wanted junk! But we all get through it if we keep things in perspective and it sounds like that's just what you are doing! We are always here for you

**********************************

So I weighed in this am and had a 2 lb loss... not the 3 lbs I saw earlier this week but I'll take it Isn't it slow and steady that wins the race? Also took the day off after my late night so I got to the Y today, 45 mins of strength and then was suppossed to do a 60 min water aerobics class but a storm started rolling in and we had to cut it short after 30 mins. Was gonna pack up and head home and the I thought to myself... I am already here, why not jump on the crosstrainer for the other 30 mins? And I did

DF's bday is tomorrow so I went to the office and decorated his cubicle so it looked like "over the hill" threw up everywhere He loved it Tomorrow he is going out shooting with all his guy friends but first tonight he is taking DD to the Daddy Daughter dance at school, lots of fun stuff My job is to figure out what to make him for his bday dinner and what kind of bday dessert... Any suggestions? His present is very exciting! A trip to Dallas this fall to see the Cowboys play in their new stadium! He has LOVED the Cowboys since birth and never seen them play live so he will love it!

BBL to chat more
__________________
Amanda DF (Engaged in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle 7/10/12!) DS-13 DD-7



araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #200
DisFam95
DIS Veteran
 
DisFam95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,246

ok a quick lunch smoothie report - blech

ok not that bad but I will need to make some changes

4 celery stalks (i used 2)
1 cucumber
1c kale
1/2 green apple
1/2 lime
1T coconut oil
1/2 c almond milk
1c pineapple

I dont like celery - it burns my throat - so I reduced it to 2 stalks but I'm thinking of eliminating it all together. is there some special nutrient that celery has? It was way too thick for me esp by the end. And since the vitamix has a crazy motor it tends to heat things up that's why most people use frozen fruits (I keep peeled bananas in the freezer) in their smoothies so my smoothie was not very cold. The temperature probabaly bugged me the most.

So I'm going to cut the celery all togther (probabaly do a whole green apple then), add some ice to make it colder and a splash more water or almond milk to thin it. Guess I could slice and freeze the cucumber too.

I'm super full and no headaches. Big challenge is getting through the evening while cooking dinner for evryone else

I forgot I have a lunch planned w a friend tomorrow so so much for the 3 day cleanse but hey it's good enough compared to how I've been living/eating!

I've heard the dinner is people's favorite so here's hoping. It has some cayenne pepper in it
__________________
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #201
50sjayne
DIS Veteran
 
50sjayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Eugene Oregon
Posts: 1,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy Thursday all! Well.... I forgot to post this last night and then we had a 2 hour delay this morning and I STILL ended up running late.... but fortunately I found a computer to use here at school this morning.

QOTD for Thursday, March 7, 2013:

Here it is, Thursday, the day before weigh-in (for most of us anyhow). In looking back at your week, have you done EVERYTHING that you could to make this a great week for your health and weight loss? Have you made the RIGHT choices to take you in the direction you want to go? If not, what are you changing for next week? Are you doing anything special TODAY to give yourself a boost before hitting the scale tomorrow (green tea, extra exercise, extra water)?
No-- I don't feel I was going all out this week regardless of all the exercise. I just have a feeling I'm not really going to be right until Misty has her kids. I feel kind of guilty because you know there's always going to be something nerve wracking, some tragedy, sickness, etc and you still have to stay on track but I'm allowing myself some slack. Lost the pound I was up from last week so I'm good with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy snowy morning all!! Snow day here!


QOTD for Friday, March 8, 2013:

If the DIS-boards were to suddenly disappear, where would you find a new support group for your weight loss? Or would you give it a go "alone"?
I wouldn't find another online group. Dis boards are just too perfect for me-- just the right amount of busy, awesome people with similar interests. I might check out another OA group but a different one than one I tried.

Good quotd.

Sunny today, didn't wake up till 11 today and that was only when husband called to check on Misty. Got up to go to the bathroom and heard a thud and the house shaking and knew right away the kittens were still in the tum lol. (Misty jumping down from the sewing table lol) My estimations have her at 63 days the 18th but of course I have no way of knowing how far along she really was when we first got her, but I can't see her getting much bigger. I've been calling her basketball jones...made her an awesome box yesterday out of a Disney box and she seems more interested in it than the other ones so I took the big one with no real sides out. I was just going to put the small one inside the big one but realized she'll need more room. Found some unwaxed dental floss just in case and both my husband and I know how to tie the cords and cut them if we need to. Did more searching last night and people said that first litters are often more than 63 days. Probably due to them being smaller litters. The babies are still kicking like crazy--kind of fun.

Going to take the afternoon off I think and just ride my bike today. I'll ride on the river to work (on the bike path) which will take a little longer but it's worth it-- really pretty. It's clear and sunny so I have no excuse.
Pam-- other exercise-- I don't know. the only thing I can think of is hiking-- do you have any trails around there? That gave me some inspiration to maybe try some out around here-- we have hiking trails galore and the weather is starting to comply.
**Just looked around a bit and there's one that I can ride my bike to--and I'd be keeping an eye on the rose gardens too, it's on the way.
__________________
It's snowing in Disneyland!

Last edited by 50sjayne; 03-08-2013 at 03:22 PM.
50sjayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #202
WDWorBUST
BL II - Purple Team
Okay I need my head examined....
 
WDWorBUST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,448

I am diznyfanatic over on MFP...so far I'm keeping up with everything pretty good on it.
__________________
WDWorBUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #203
pix13dust
DIS Veteran
 
pix13dust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 585

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla
Happy snowy morning all!! Snow day here!

QOTD for Friday, March 8, 2013:

If the DIS-boards were to suddenly disappear, where would you find a new support group for your weight loss? Or would you give it a go "alone"?
What? Say it isn't so! I think I would go it alone. I was a lurker for a long time, I think this being a Disney site and not just a health/fitness site made me feel more comfortable about joining.

Well we're of to dinner. It's been months since my hubby has had a Friday night off, so it's family night out. I'll go over in calories but I'll try and make healthy choices.
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #204
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!
 
myweegirls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 641

Evening, all! What a crazy day. I had to go downtown today for a less-than-one-hour mandatory meeting (in order to pick up my company card). So over two hours of driving for a 45-minute meeting, woo. On the plus side, I got some errands in on the way home - always happy for a reason to stop by my beloved Container Store!

QOTD - perish the thought!!! I love this group. I suppose I'd go find some community at the WW boards, or something like that, but only DISers get the Disney freak in me!

I made dinner (soy citrus scallops with soba noodles - another Cooking Light recipe, yum) and then ran all that baking I did on our snow day over to the elementary school for tomorrow's carnival. Between that, singing at all three services, parting at our annual church auction, getting a new refrigerator on Sunday...and finding time for runs both tomorrow and Sunday (!)...I might be scarce this weekend! I hope everyone has a great weekend.

XO
Liz
__________________
Anna, 9 ~ Tessa, 7 ~ married to DEA since 2003 ~ joined DVC in 2013!

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #205
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,653

Morning all! Here I am at MIT to see DD swim in Age Groups! I'll make it an easy question today, since I've been really picking your brains!

QOTD for Saturday, March 9, 2013:

What is your.....

Favorite Disney character?

Favorite Disney movie?

Favorite ride in a Disney park?

Favorite parade or other "event" at a Disney park?
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #206
araes2102
Mouseketeer
 
araes2102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: the desert
Posts: 490

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla
Morning all! Here I am at MIT to see DD swim in Age Groups! I'll make it an easy question today, since I've been really picking your brains!

QOTD for Saturday, March 9, 2013:

What is your.....

Favorite Disney character?

Favorite Disney movie?

Favorite ride in a Disney park?

Favorite parade or other "event" at a Disney park?
Great QOTD!!

It is so hard to pick just one! Fav classic character is Goofy, fav princess is Belle, fav contemporary character is Stitch, or maybe Sulley DS loves Jack Skellington, and DD just adores Ariel.

I love all Disney movies, again so hard to pick just one! My fav as a little girl was Sleeping Beauty. As a teen, it was Nightmare Before Christmas. Now I would have to say Brave, because the story is very powerful, I love that Merida doesn't need a prince, and the scenery is absolutely gorgeous!

Seeing that I have never been to WDW, I can only speak to DLR. In DL, my fav rides are Splash and Pirates. Oh dang, I forgot about Pirates for the above questions! Need to add Captain Jack Sparrow to my fav characters, he might win, hands down Anyway, at CA my fav ride is Soarin'! The opening of Soarin' is what REALLY made me long to go to DLR, just after DS was born. And it only took me 11 years to make it happen!

My favorite event is absolutely 100% the fireworks! I cried throughout the whole thing the first time I saw them
__________________
Amanda DF (Engaged in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle 7/10/12!) DS-13 DD-7




Last edited by araes2102; 03-09-2013 at 10:27 PM.
araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #207
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Missouri
Posts: 44,775

Happy Saturday All!!!

Easy question of the day?So many things I love about Disney.

QOTD for Saturday, March 9, 2013:

What is your.....

Favorite Disney character? Has to be Simba.

Favorite Disney movie? "Lion King"

Favorite ride in a Disney park? "Rock N Rollercoaster"

Favorite parade or other "event" at a Disney park? I have not been yet, it but I know that I would love the "Food and Wine Festival" (hmmm what a shocker ).
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #208
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,653

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Evening, all! What a crazy day. I had to go downtown today for a less-than-one-hour mandatory meeting (in order to pick up my company card). So over two hours of driving for a 45-minute meeting, woo. On the plus side, I got some errands in on the way home - always happy for a reason to stop by my beloved Container Store!

QOTD - perish the thought!!! I love this group. I suppose I'd go find some community at the WW boards, or something like that, but only DISers get the Disney freak in me!

Amen!

I made dinner (soy citrus scallops with soba noodles - another Cooking Light recipe, yum) and then ran all that baking I did on our snow day over to the elementary school for tomorrow's carnival. Between that, singing at all three services, parting at our annual church auction, getting a new refrigerator on Sunday...and finding time for runs both tomorrow and Sunday (!)...I might be scarce this weekend! I hope everyone has a great weekend.

XO
Liz
Busy, busy weekend! Hope you get your run time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
What? Say it isn't so! I think I would go it alone. I was a lurker for a long time, I think this being a Disney site and not just a health/fitness site made me feel more comfortable about joining.

Well we're of to dinner. It's been months since my hubby has had a Friday night off, so it's family night out. I'll go over in calories but I'll try and make healthy choices.
Hope your family time was good. We had a bit of family time yesterday, as the kids were off school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
No-- I don't feel I was going all out this week regardless of all the exercise. I just have a feeling I'm not really going to be right until Misty has her kids. I feel kind of guilty because you know there's always going to be something nerve wracking, some tragedy, sickness, etc and you still have to stay on track but I'm allowing myself some slack. Lost the pound I was up from last week so I'm good with that.

Good job on the one pound.

I wouldn't find another online group. Dis boards are just too perfect for me-- just the right amount of busy, awesome people with similar interests. I might check out another OA group but a different one than one I tried.

Good quotd.

Sunny today, didn't wake up till 11 today and that was only when husband called to check on Misty. Got up to go to the bathroom and heard a thud and the house shaking and knew right away the kittens were still in the tum lol. (Misty jumping down from the sewing table lol) My estimations have her at 63 days the 18th but of course I have no way of knowing how far along she really was when we first got her, but I can't see her getting much bigger. I've been calling her basketball jones...made her an awesome box yesterday out of a Disney box and she seems more interested in it than the other ones so I took the big one with no real sides out. I was just going to put the small one inside the big one but realized she'll need more room. Found some unwaxed dental floss just in case and both my husband and I know how to tie the cords and cut them if we need to. Did more searching last night and people said that first litters are often more than 63 days. Probably due to them being smaller litters. The babies are still kicking like crazy--kind of fun.

Going to take the afternoon off I think and just ride my bike today. I'll ride on the river to work (on the bike path) which will take a little longer but it's worth it-- really pretty. It's clear and sunny so I have no excuse.
Pam-- other exercise-- I don't know. the only thing I can think of is hiking-- do you have any trails around there? That gave me some inspiration to maybe try some out around here-- we have hiking trails galore and the weather is starting to comply.
**Just looked around a bit and there's one that I can ride my bike to--and I'd be keeping an eye on the rose gardens too, it's on the way.
Can't wait to hear about the kitties arriving! Enjoy your bike ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post
ok a quick lunch smoothie report - blech

ok not that bad but I will need to make some changes

4 celery stalks (i used 2)
1 cucumber
1c kale
1/2 green apple
1/2 lime
1T coconut oil
1/2 c almond milk
1c pineapple

I dont like celery - it burns my throat - so I reduced it to 2 stalks but I'm thinking of eliminating it all together. is there some special nutrient that celery has? It was way too thick for me esp by the end. And since the vitamix has a crazy motor it tends to heat things up that's why most people use frozen fruits (I keep peeled bananas in the freezer) in their smoothies so my smoothie was not very cold. The temperature probabaly bugged me the most.

So I'm going to cut the celery all togther (probabaly do a whole green apple then), add some ice to make it colder and a splash more water or almond milk to thin it. Guess I could slice and freeze the cucumber too.

I'm super full and no headaches. Big challenge is getting through the evening while cooking dinner for evryone else

I forgot I have a lunch planned w a friend tomorrow so so much for the 3 day cleanse but hey it's good enough compared to how I've been living/eating!

I've heard the dinner is people's favorite so here's hoping. It has some cayenne pepper in it
I think celery is so bland, I'm surprised it bothers you. But you seem to have adjusted. I would NOT enjoy a smoothie with cayenne at all! I don't really even care for gingere, although so many juice recipes call for it. I can see how you are fuller with the almond milk and oil in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
So I weighed in this am and had a 2 lb loss... not the 3 lbs I saw earlier this week but I'll take it Isn't it slow and steady that wins the race? Also took the day off after my late night so I got to the Y today, 45 mins of strength and then was suppossed to do a 60 min water aerobics class but a storm started rolling in and we had to cut it short after 30 mins. Was gonna pack up and head home and the I thought to myself... I am already here, why not jump on the crosstrainer for the other 30 mins? And I did

Nice job!

DF's bday is tomorrow so I went to the office and decorated his cubicle so it looked like "over the hill" threw up everywhere He loved it Tomorrow he is going out shooting with all his guy friends but first tonight he is taking DD to the Daddy Daughter dance at school, lots of fun stuff My job is to figure out what to make him for his bday dinner and what kind of bday dessert... Any suggestions? His present is very exciting! A trip to Dallas this fall to see the Cowboys play in their new stadium! He has LOVED the Cowboys since birth and never seen them play live so he will love it!

BBL to chat more
Wow! Great gift! He will love it! I usually plan a theme day for DH's birthday. One year we did a pizza day...breakfast pizza with eggs and bacon and cheese, out to lunch for Chicago deep dish pizza, homemade pizza for dinner at home and a giant cookie pizza decorated with m&m's in lieu of a birthday cake.

For dinner how about something special but simple (although expensive) like a lobster pie, baked potatoes, fancy salad and maybe a small fancy dessert from a local bakery...just enough for one serving each so you aren't haunted by leftovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
I think I would become more active on Another Mother Runner, though I'm hearing lots of good things about MFP. I would also probably go it alone for awhile. I have done it alone before, so it will just depend how much support I want and if I feel comfortable with the new community.

I've said the same thing often! DH eats 1 instead of 2 extra meals after dinner and loses a clothing size!

Life is NOT fair!

That sounds awesome! You are the second person this week that has mentioned the Vitamix.

****************
The scale was kind to me today - surprisingly so! I know we will be eating out and making some treats over the weekend, so I'll need to focus on moderation and exercise! DD is bummed that we are not going anywhere for spring break, so we're trying to build in some fun stuff on the weekends. She is a little nervous to be going to her school's kids club for all of the days off next week, since most of her classmates won't be there.
Glad your scale was kind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
Story of my life! Years ago we did the South Beach Diet (never made it past the 2 week induction phase but still...) I measured and weighed EVERY ingredient and was SO careful with our meals. I lose about 3 pounds. My husband cheated, had soda, beer, pizza, and he lost something like TWELVE POUNDS in 2 weeks (and is not a large guy). He still from time to time will be like "I could stand to lose a few pounds, maybe I'll do South Beach for a few days" and I admit I see red for a few seconds! LOL! Jealousy is so unbecoming on me, but NOT FAIR!! *tantrum*
I feel similarly about DH on Atkins sometimes. He eats so much and such high calorie/high fat foods! It astounds me...for dinner he will have two hamburgers with full fat cheese (on low carb bread), a CEREAL-SIZE bowl of mixed nuts, and then 2 Atkins bars...then hits the scale in the morning having lost 3 pounds in 3 days! Breakfast can be a 3 egg omelet with cheddar cheese and a side of bacon plus coffee with cream...he has been known to eat my entire allotment of calories for a day in one meal! I don't think it is that healthy to eat so much fat and animal protein, but his numbers are good and he has kept off the weight so. . I have tried Arkins and it makes me cranky! I need my fruit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post
So frustrating how men lose faster. Teres some commercial for some weight loss with little sketches of the woman and her spouse and how he stops eating the junk an I think his pants fall off..so true! Hang in there - focus on your own progress and success and celebrate his too. I know I always feel a little grouchy when DH says he lost a pound or something. Then I feel guilty for not
celebrating it - it's natural. Good job on what YOU did!!

I don't do just juice (juicer) I do the whole fruit/veg w/ the vitamix so I get all the fiber from that. When I had my juicer I could not do just juice - I felt the same way, tired and miserable. So hopefully this will be better.

Had my first smoothie this morning and it was delish!! They add little bits of flaxseed and coconut and almond butters to get some 'good' fats and proteins.

1T flaxseed
1c raspberries
1 banana
1/2c spinach
1T almond butter
2t lemon

300 cal
12.5g fats (good fats; 8 almond butter, 3 flaxseed)
9g protein
17g fiber

We'll see how lunch goes. My hardest part of the day will definitely be late afternoon!
I've always wanted a Vitamix, but I'm too cheap. That recipe sounds very yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silstone View Post
Where to we report our Friday weigh in? Here or PM? Even though I've been out of commission and fell off the wagon, happy to say that I'm still the same weight. Whew!!! Long live soup diet!!
PM would be best.

********

Okay...my day has taken a shift. DD is done swimming for the day, but her coach wants her to do a time trial....at 7 pm tonight! I said yes, but what to do now? Stay in Boston and find a way to kill time? Head home and return tonight? If the weather were better we would take the T downtown and just walk around Boston, but it is only 40 degrees, tops and we don't have full winter gear with us. If I move the car I will pay to park wherever I go and then pay to park here again later. We do have Museum of Science membership, so we could go there for a few hours. But I did NOT pack enough food for the day for us, so we will be forced to find food out somewhere which will of course cost $$ and calories.

Off to eat my apple and ruminate on the choices!..........P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #209
50sjayne
DIS Veteran
 
50sjayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Eugene Oregon
Posts: 1,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Morning all! Here I am at MIT to see DD swim in Age Groups! I'll make it an easy question today, since I've been really picking your brains!

QOTD for Saturday, March 9, 2013:

What is your.....

Favorite Disney character? Figaro

Favorite Disney movie? Fantasia

Favorite ride in a Disney park? Space Mountain

Favorite parade or other "event" at a Disney park? Fantasmic
It was really nice riding the bike path and it only added about 5 minutes to my time, think I'll do it again today.
__________________
It's snowing in Disneyland!
50sjayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #210
DisFam95
DIS Veteran
 
DisFam95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,246

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla
Morning all! Here I am at MIT to see DD swim in Age Groups! I'll make it an easy question today, since I've been really picking your brains!

QOTD for Saturday, March 9, 2013:

What is your.....

Favorite Disney character?

Favorite Disney movie?

Favorite ride in a Disney park?

Favorite parade or other "event" at a Disney park?
Good luck to your daughter!!

Favorite Character: classic would have to be Donald. He's so cute. As a child it was Dumbo. I had a collection of animals and figures.

Movie: gosh so many to love. Nightmare before Christmas and Notre Dame is a good one.

Ride: I giggle like crazy on rock n roller coaster and space mountain. But I could still ride pirates and HM over and over again.

Event would have to be the Halloween parade. So much fun! I love being able to go and dress up too that time of year.

My dinner smoothie was decent last night. Can't recall right now exactly but it had blueberries, avocado, kale, flaxseed, coconut water, and cayenne pepper. I did half the cayenne and thought it still had enough kick. I'm not a big spicy person.

I felt so full and satisfied all day I didn't even have my snack smoothie. I did however eat about 2oz of ds leftover pork chop and 4 bites of broccoli casserole. I wasn't really hungry but just really wanted to sit w the family and chew something!

No headaches or irritability like when I've tried a juice cleanse. These have added oils and fibers w coconut oils, flax, and almond butters that are supposed to benefit the brain.

Sort of forgot I had a lunch planned today so no smoothie. Ill pick back up at dinner. Also have crop tomorrow. I know there is a place they always go to I can get grilled chicken. Just need to avoid the bad sides!

Hope everyone's having a good day and trying to stay focused over the weekend!
__________________
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.