Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #181
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Liz, you are going to be my big inspiration!! I just finished day 18 of the 30 DS - and just as you say I am amazed how much stronger I am! I already bought Ripped in 30 to continue with after the 30 DS. If I keep it up, I will finishes just a few days before my vacation starts and I am quite determined to try to get as close as possible to acchieving this goal.
Aw, yay! I actually like Ripped in 30 better than 30DS, so if you like 30DS, get ready for the next level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
I do have JM DVDs at home. Guess I just need to pull them out again. I haven't done any workout DVDs in a while, as most of my workouts are at the Y, since I am there so much with DD. Just feeling bored lately I guess. Can't WAIT for some sunshine to get out in!!
I hear you! I've been running outside even in some pretty ridiculous conditions, but the occasional nice day has me craving spring even more than I was when we were in the deepest depths of winter. I was never an outside exerciser until I started running, and now I love it. I think there's something really rejuvenating about the fresh air!

Back in a minute with that lasagna recipe...

XO
Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #182
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Okay, here you go! Drum roll....

Cooking Light Three-Cheese Lasagna (March 2013 issue)
Hands-on: 30 minutes
Total: 1 hour, 25 minutes

1 cup part-skin ricotta cheese
1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, grated & divided (about 1/4 cup)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup torn basil
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 (24-ounce) jar lower-sodium pasta sauce
9 cooked lasagna noodles
Cooking spray

Notes: I used dried herbs, and they were fine. I would also eliminate the ground red pepper if you have spice-sensitive people - DD8 was fine with it, but DD6 was not.

1. Preheat oven to 375F.

2. Combine ricotta, 2 tablespoons parsley, oregano, thyme, salt, black pepper, 1 cup mozzarella, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, and egg in a small bowl. Combine basil, red pepper, garlic, and pasta sauce in a medium bowl.

3. Cut the cooked noodles into 9 (7x2-inch) pieces; discard remaining pieces. Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce mixture in bottom of an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over pasta sauce mixture; top with about 2/3 cup ricotta mixture and 3/4 cup pasta sauce mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with 1/2 cup pasta sauce mixture. Top evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and remaining 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375F for 40 minutes.

4. Preheat broiler to high. (Keep lasagna in oven.)

5. Broil lasagna for 2 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and sauce is bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley.

Serves 6
Calories 339; Fat 11.8g (sat 6g, mono 3g, poly 0.5g); protein 20.2g; carb 39.2g; fiber 2.6g; chol 66mg; iron 2mg; sodium 564mg; cal 424mg.
WW PointsPlus per serving: 9

More notes from me: I was careful to spread the top sauce layer so that all corners of the noodles were covered - no crunchy corners! I also skipped the broiler step - the cheese was all kinds of ready after the 40-minute bake. I also cut this into 9 smaller pieces rather than 6 pieces. I could have eaten a bigger piece, easily, but I wanted a little PointsPlus savings, and I served a veggie on the side to bulk up the meal.

Enjoy!

XO
Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 06:09 AM   #183
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Wishers!!! Feel better today, hopefully it carries through. Did not lose this week, but I did maintain. I'll take it.

I do have to say reading about all your exercising makes me jealous. No exercising for me, not even walking the dogs.

Went to the PT yesterday. Basically my flexibility in my right foot was -1. Yea. In addition my pelvis was twisted, he fixed that, and man did that hurt like heck. He said having my pelvis like that is what is making me walk wrong, which messes up my foot, and so on.

In addition I do not swing my right arm when I walk which was causing my shoulder pain. (Weird, huh?) So for those of you walking on the TM or outside, make sure you are moving those arms. Does not have to be wide swings or anything, just make sure they are not stationary. Who knew how important arm movement was? I didn't.

So I am just going to be stretching the tendons in my foot with his exercises which include not only pulling back on the foot but doing other stretches with the band. Did not see those exercises anywhere and I have a very good stretching book!

So to all of you exercisers, enjoy it!!! Have a great weekend.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #184
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Happy Friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Okay, here you go! Drum roll....

Cooking Light Three-Cheese Lasagna (March 2013 issue)
Hands-on: 30 minutes
Total: 1 hour, 25 minutes

1 cup part-skin ricotta cheese
1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, grated & divided (about 1/4 cup)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup torn basil
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 (24-ounce) jar lower-sodium pasta sauce
9 cooked lasagna noodles
Cooking spray

Notes: I used dried herbs, and they were fine. I would also eliminate the ground red pepper if you have spice-sensitive people - DD8 was fine with it, but DD6 was not.

1. Preheat oven to 375F.

2. Combine ricotta, 2 tablespoons parsley, oregano, thyme, salt, black pepper, 1 cup mozzarella, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, and egg in a small bowl. Combine basil, red pepper, garlic, and pasta sauce in a medium bowl.

3. Cut the cooked noodles into 9 (7x2-inch) pieces; discard remaining pieces. Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce mixture in bottom of an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over pasta sauce mixture; top with about 2/3 cup ricotta mixture and 3/4 cup pasta sauce mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with 1/2 cup pasta sauce mixture. Top evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and remaining 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375F for 40 minutes.

4. Preheat broiler to high. (Keep lasagna in oven.)

5. Broil lasagna for 2 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and sauce is bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley.

Serves 6
Calories 339; Fat 11.8g (sat 6g, mono 3g, poly 0.5g); protein 20.2g; carb 39.2g; fiber 2.6g; chol 66mg; iron 2mg; sodium 564mg; cal 424mg.
WW PointsPlus per serving: 9

More notes from me: I was careful to spread the top sauce layer so that all corners of the noodles were covered - no crunchy corners! I also skipped the broiler step - the cheese was all kinds of ready after the 40-minute bake. I also cut this into 9 smaller pieces rather than 6 pieces. I could have eaten a bigger piece, easily, but I wanted a little PointsPlus savings, and I served a veggie on the side to bulk up the meal.

Enjoy!

XO
Liz
OMG this sounds so yummy! Think I'll try it this weekend along with my venture into oatmeal. Thanks Liz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Good Morning Wishers!!! Feel better today, hopefully it carries through. Did not lose this week, but I did maintain. I'll take it.

I do have to say reading about all your exercising makes me jealous. No exercising for me, not even walking the dogs.

Went to the PT yesterday. Basically my flexibility in my right foot was -1. Yea. In addition my pelvis was twisted, he fixed that, and man did that hurt like heck. He said having my pelvis like that is what is making me walk wrong, which messes up my foot, and so on.

In addition I do not swing my right arm when I walk which was causing my shoulder pain. (Weird, huh?) So for those of you walking on the TM or outside, make sure you are moving those arms. Does not have to be wide swings or anything, just make sure they are not stationary. Who knew how important arm movement was? I didn't.

So I am just going to be stretching the tendons in my foot with his exercises which include not only pulling back on the foot but doing other stretches with the band. Did not see those exercises anywhere and I have a very good stretching book!

You are talking to the preacher here! It seems my IT issues result from my pelvis being out of whack too (along with the rest of me..hahahaha!) When I was faithful about going to the chiro, she would adjust me for that every visit. I'm positive since I don't go nearly as often as I should, that it's shown itself in my knee pain now. I try to make it a habit now that during the day as I sit at my desk, I twist the heck out of my spine to alleviate low back pain and hopefully keep myself aligned. When that baby cracks, boy does it feel good! Good luck and keep up with the PT exercises! I know it's made a huge difference in my strength and flexibility.

Surprisingly, I lost a little last week! I think it's more a loss of water than anything else, but I'll take it! Good luck on your weigh-ins everybody!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:34 AM   #185
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Happy snowy morning all!! Snow day here!

QOTD for Friday, March 8, 2013:

If the DIS-boards were to suddenly disappear, where would you find a new support group for your weight loss? Or would you give it a go "alone"?

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #186
DisFam95
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silstone View Post
Hey everyone! Been sick with the flu all week and am scared to see my weigh in. A naughty thing I did, was treat myself to donuts with DS 15 on Saturday. That just spiraled to ice cream on Monday, chips and dip on the start of my flu on Tuesday and cookie dough cookies Tuesday night and Wednesday. Couldn't work out after Monday cause of this flu. Bottom line-cant do a "treat" cause it opens a can of worms. Currently drinking hot tea (not green). Is there really a difference?
Sorry about the flu stuff Man know what you mean about having 1 bad thing and it just opens the flood gates. It's like a shark having a taste of blood Re tea, green tea has more of some beneficial antioxidants and its naturally much less caffeinated. Black teas still have beneficial stuff and better than a soda so go for it!

Quote:

Good job on maintaining. That's great since you haven't been able to burn more w/ exercise so you must have done well with the eating! Sounds like you have a good PT. We would see people for knee pains and start giving them trunk and pelvic exercise and I'm sure they were like 'did you read my chart lady'. But it's true it's all connected and many people have a pelvis that is either rotated/twisted like yours or front or back tilt because of poor posture or weak abdominals etc. If that is off the femur rotates differently and then the knee tracks differently etc.

So everyone will benefit from strengthening abs and don't stand w/ a sway back ( the cheerleader posture butt out).

----------------
Well I managed to get off that 4 pounds I saw show up on the scale after my BBQ feast last weekend. Just frustrating all my work this week went to getting off what I had lost the week before but oh well it's gone and I'm happy. Managed an extra .4 net loss for the week so I'll take that!

I'm apologizing ahead of time but Sunday I'm going to an all day scrapbook crop and I'm already stressing about the foods everyone brings. There's a few that on WW and doing well but there's a couple girls that always bring homemade chocolates and little things that are oh so easy to just pass by the table and pop on in your mouth. Last time someone made those turtles w/ the pretzel and melted rolo on them. I can't even count how many I ate.

So --- may plan is to post an update on here every so often of any snacks I ate - FULL DISCLOSER might help be abstain hopefully. So I may be a post hog on Sunday

I've also decided to try the Dr Oz 3 day cleanse. IT's making smoothies in th blender. I'm heading to our local healthy market (Sprouts) and picking up some of the ingredients (flaxseed etc) and see how it goes. I hate eating veggies - just not my thing. I've been feeling very sluggish the last week and I dont think I'm gettting the right nutrients.

Well gotta motor to get the kids off!
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #187
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
No way, no how. After my mega-painful run on Saturday, I took it easy and tried not to mope too much on Sunday. Monday I started up with really working my PT exercises hard so I can be ready for my race this Saturday. When I got to the PT guy on Tuesday, he said no exercising except for walking as my IT was so inflamed, and keep up with the the exercise. I've gotten up every morning to do them before work (me...the one who HATES getting up early!). Figuring there was no way the scale was going to show a loss this week due to the lack of sweating, I haven't been quite as picky about my meals as I normally am. Guess it sounds like I was just on a pity-party downslide all week doesn't it? Boy do I HATE that!! Well, I'll just make the best of the next couple of days and hit it as hard as I can again next week. I have a Half coming up at the end of the month, so I have to be super careful from here on out. Keep your fingers crossed!
Sorry you've had some physical issues this week. Sounds like you are keeping a positive attitude though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskem96 View Post
The weekends is actually the easiest time for me to stay OP. I work every Saturday and Sunday night, 7pm-7am. I don't have too much trouble staying OP during the day Saturday because DH is at work and the kids have activities much of the day and I only have to worry about feeding myself. My coworker is also dieting, so we bring something healthy to eat during the night. Sometimes it's Subway or Jimmy Johns, but then fruit for snacks. There's no food service available in the hospital overnight, so no temptation! I sleep all day on Sunday, so no breakfast or lunch. I eat something light right before work and pack a healthy lunch for during the night again. My only challenge is avoiding going to the cafeteria for breakfast on Monday morning when my shift is over! I know I'll be eating there this Monday because I have to stay over for a class til noon, so I'll have to bring my willpower with me and make good choices!

You could pack a breakfast if you are concerned about difficult choices on Monday morning. Fruit, nuts, cheese are super easy. If there was a microwave available there would also be more options.

I am committing to meal planning! It's way too easy to live on junk food when Papa John's has 2 pizzas for $11.99 if I don't have meals planned in advance!

Makes me glad I live out in the woods! I'm SURE the temptation of take-out close by would make things difficult.

I always feel better about myself and have more confidence when I'm slimmer. I tend to be more outgoing. When I'm heavier, I tend to sit and play on my phone and not join in with the other families at the girls' softball games and such, but when I'm slimmer I guess I just feel more accepted or something. I know it's all in my head, but I need to take some of these extra pounds off to get back to feeling better!

I think many of us feel that way in public/social situations. And YES, it is probably all in our heads!

I have had PF for about 2 1/2 years. As long as I wear my orthotics, I do pretty well. I have to wear my shoes at all times, even in the house. I have a pair of Ecco sandals that I can stand to wear for a little bit in the summer if I'm going somewhere that I'm going to be mostly sitting, like a softball game or church, but other than that it's my tennis shoes with my orthotics at all times. Looks kinda dorky with certain outfits, but as long as I'm not in pain, I'm ok with it!

That's my Mom's attitude as well. She has even found dark/black comfortable sneakers to wear to church with some dress clothes!

I put dinner in the crockpot before heading out of town for DD16's Dr. appt, so we had a healthy(ish) dinner waiting for us when we returned! I just threw in 3 frozen chicken breasts and a can of Rotel. When we got home, I shredded the chicken and made a chicken quesadilla (low fat Mexican blend shredded cheese and fat free sour cream) and DD13 had chicken tacos. DH was working late and ended up getting invited to dinner with some of his colleagues, and I fixed DD16 some vegetarian chili that we had in the freezer.

Good job getting the crockpot to do some of the work for you!

You sound just like me! I'm in hardly any pictures other than the PhotoPass ones, and I always try to slim down before a trip, but I have trouble staying focused on maintaining after we return. I also use a fitbit (I have the older "ultra" model), and I use MFP for my journaling. 5 is such a fun age for visiting WDW, you guys will have a great time!

I will say again..... I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Photopass! I am FINALLY in some of the pictures! It is GREAT for when I go to Disney with just one child... we can have PLENTY of pictures of the two of us together... plus lots of great character pictures!

Animals seem to know how to do it all on their own, so try not to worry! I witnessed my sister's cat giving birth several years ago. I was so scared because I thought she was eating the kittens! I knew it was best not to interfere, and I'm glad I didn't. She was just licking them, taking care of the cords, and eating the sacs and placentas. The kittens were all just fine! I'm afraid if I had interfered she might have rejected them, but she turned out to be a great mom doing everything on her own!

I think that is why the animals seems to choose the most INCONVENIENT times to have their litters.... they want us out of the way!

I have NOT done good this week! I was sick most of last week with a nasty respiratory virus, and this dreaded weather has gotten me down. DD16 had 2 out of town Dr. appointments this week, and my dad is having surgery today. (I'm actually on the computer in the surgical waiting room now. That's why I have so much time to actually get caught up!) DD16 has another Dr. appt next week-in St. Louis this time. That's the farthest away Dr. she has and she's doing well right now, so hopefully no more appointments for awhile after that! I'm going to concentrate on the meal planning for next week, getting back on track with my C25K workouts, and up my daily water intake. This week's weight won't be good I'm sure, but working to turn it around for next week!

First of all... prayers for your Dad! Hope the surgery went well.
Second... hope you are feeling better soon!
Third... prayers for safe travels to all of your upcoming appointments.

Quote:
Wow, we are all going down for the count, eh? My PT appt. at the new place is this afternoon. I hope it goes well.

As far as the QOTD? Ha, meal planning. I just cannot seem to pull it together. Everything sounds blah. Now my allergies are kicking in and I am not cheery self. I am beat.

On a lighter note Comet PAN-Starrs should be gracing North America with it's presence, so if you are into that kind of thing, look into it. You will see it very low in the horizon in the direction of the setting sun (west) starting today or tomorrow up to the 12th, I think. You need some binocs. I am going to really make an effort to see this one.

Oh to a NEW FRESH week, right? Hopefully the PT appointment went well and you are feeling right as rain, really soon! And maybe you could find some time this weekend to do some meal planning for next week.

Not sure what the Comet PAN-Starrs is.... some sort of constellation or comet?? Won't see ANYTHING in the sky around here lately, as it has been non-stop clouds, rain, and snow for days it seems like.... but thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
Were you hungry? I can't drink green tea on an empty stomach for the same queasy reason.

Actually I was NOT hungry for a change. I had my dinner really early in an attempt to get it in and digested before hitting the gym. Not sure what was up, but I was better in a few hours. I frequently drink decaf green tea on an empty stomach and it has never bothered me before. Guess I'm getting old.

I have not had the most on plan week, but it's been a week of getting back to a healthy focus. Starting physical therapy, committing to a running training plan (even though all my "runs" are on the elliptical), reining in my eating. For today, I will drink extra water (thanks for the reminder!) and remember to get up and move around at work more. I already have a hot yoga class scheduled for tonight (though despite the extreme amount of sweating, I don't lose weight from it).

Sounds like you've had a good week!!

I'm not sure what other classes your Y has, but I like to get into a class when I need a change. I've been doing yoga a few times a week. It gets boring when I go to the same class over and over, but I do like getting to the challenge classes - those are usually much more fun and interesting (less relaxation based). I think this is also that time of year where we've been stuck on the indoor machines - and start getting extra sick of it!
I have a fun strength training routine from the book Train Like a Mother (book is geared towards mom runners). Until that, I could never stick with one.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll need to look into the class schedule at the Y in the next few weeks. We probably won't have any consistent outside exercise weather for a few more months here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silstone View Post
Hey everyone! Been sick with the flu all week and am scared to see my weigh in. A naughty thing I did, was treat myself to donuts with DS 15 on Saturday. That just spiraled to ice cream on Monday, chips and dip on the start of my flu on Tuesday and cookie dough cookies Tuesday night and Wednesday. Couldn't work out after Monday cause of this flu. Bottom line-cant do a "treat" cause it opens a can of worms. Currently drinking hot tea (not green). Is there really a difference?
I know the feeling. One treat can SO easily become a slippery slope for me as well! I guess you need to start today FRESH.... it is a new beginning for your weight loss and exercise journey and you can put the rest behind you for now! Hope that the flu is GONE quickly!!

I drink green tea most of the time, black tea and herbal teas occasionally. The green tea is said to have many more antioxidants. It is a current "buzz word" in the weight loss world as well. Not sure exactly how/why it is supposed to help, but I figure it can't hurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
I do think I did everything I could! I ate right, no cheating ... well one bite of cookie today but that's it! And I exercised every day averaging an hour per day I am taking today off from exercising because a) I think my body needs day off, I have soreness in places I was not previously aware existed and b) because I am working LATE tonight so I won't have time anyway But I will be happy with whatever the scale shows tomorrow because I know I did well this week! (though I would really love to see that 3 lb loss I saw the other day)

WOOHOO on having SUCH a great week!!!

I am going it alone, well except I do have you all! I use multiple tools to help: MFP, bodymedia, atkins... But I really have my own guidelines which I follow: stay within my calorie range (I try to get 1500-1700 calories per day), keep my carbs low (20-50g per day), keep protein up (at least 100 g per day), make sure to get in enough fiber/fruits and veggies/water. Oh and exercise as much as I can, even if it just strength or a quick 20 mins on the treadmill, but as I said I average about an hour per day of this. Seems to be working for me

Well gotta get back to work now... see you all in the am for the big weigh in!
Hope the scale is/was kind! If it wasn't, don't be discouraged. You are doing really well with EVERYTHING!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
Hi Everyone!

I am doing a drive by ...

I am down to 3 last BIOs to get for my musical program and I will be done! I plan on burning the disk tomorrow and dropping it off at the printer right after work!

I am always amazed at all the drama that goes on behind the scenes with the musical. I am so glad this is my last year!

Glad it is almost done!

Anyway ... I haven't been good the last week and a half. I am up a few pounds. I plan on getting back on track this weekend since I will have time to myself again!

Glad you have a PLAN to get yourself back on track!!!

Pam .... great news about your daughter on the swim team at college. That is great. And a sleep over with the team will make her feel great with the transition!

It certainly makes life much sunnier around here!!

Susan ... I can't wait to see pictures of your kittens. I think they will all be fine. You have done such a good job taking care of Misty.

Planning on spending more time with you all this weekend. Have a great day tomorrow!
Looking forward to chatting some more over the weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
I hear you! I've been running outside even in some pretty ridiculous conditions, but the occasional nice day has me craving spring even more than I was when we were in the deepest depths of winter. I was never an outside exerciser until I started running, and now I love it. I think there's something really rejuvenating about the fresh air!

I've given up on running outside in these terrible conditions. First of all, we live out on the woods, so no sidewalks... so I am running between cars (admittedly, not much traffic), puddles, frost heaves, and snowbanks! Next up, I HATE, absolutely HATE, the feeling of having cold ears, cold nose, frozen fingers.... and a BURNING HOT SWEATY chest and back!! It is a miserable feeling (to me, at least). No matter how I dress, this is what happens when I run outside in the winter. So for me, I'll stick with the TM until it is AT LEAST 50 degrees without snowbanks. (Okay.... I know that is just a lot of lousy excuses.... if I HAD to, I could run/walk outside.... but I'm afraid I would quit because I would dread it so much.)

Back in a minute with that lasagna recipe...

XO
Liz
thanks!

Quote:

Sounds like you got some great advise and are well on your way to getting all better! Woohoo on the maintain!

Quote:
You are talking to the preacher here! It seems my IT issues result from my pelvis being out of whack too (along with the rest of me..hahahaha!) When I was faithful about going to the chiro, she would adjust me for that every visit. I'm positive since I don't go nearly as often as I should, that it's shown itself in my knee pain now. I try to make it a habit now that during the day as I sit at my desk, I twist the heck out of my spine to alleviate low back pain and hopefully keep myself aligned. When that baby cracks, boy does it feel good! Good luck and keep up with the PT exercises! I know it's made a huge difference in my strength and flexibility.

Surprisingly, I lost a little last week! I think it's more a loss of water than anything else, but I'll take it! Good luck on your weigh-ins everybody!

Glad you are feeling better and great jb on the loss!!

Happy FRIDAY all! We made it through another week!!

Snow day here for us!!! I can't tell you how happy that made us all! And I am DOUBLY happy that I have NOTHING on the schedule for today.... so no rush to snowblow the driveway and head out! I will be out early tomorrow to head to Boston (MIT) for DD's swim meet, but we should be done with that by noon-ish, so it won't be too busy of a weekend!

I forgot to put oatmeal in the crockpot last night, so I'll need to come up with a new plan for breakfast. Kids are still asleep, so I will make something for DH and myself for now and will feed them when they choose to rise. They aren't the types to sleep real late, but DD was up until midnight doing homework, so I'm sure she will sleep a bit... and DS got up at 7 am, I told him it was a snow day, and he went back to his room.... but I suspect he is watching TED talks or playing on his Wii U. He will come down when he gets hungry!

Off to make a healthy breakfast for DH and I. TTYL...............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #188
pjlla
<><

Quote:

If the DIS-boards were to suddenly disappear, where would you find a new support group for your weight loss? Or would you give it a go "alone"?

I would definitely need to find another online group. My new job with the "weight loss company" is going to be starting soon (but BOY, do they work slowly!), but I'm not sure how much support I will be RECEIVING as opposed to GIVING. I might be tempted to look into Sparkpeople or MFP or even start my own blog! I have really come to rely on having any "any time" group of like-minded friends to chat with!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post
Sorry about the flu stuff Man know what you mean about having 1 bad thing and it just opens the flood gates. It's like a shark having a taste of blood Re tea, green tea has more of some beneficial antioxidants and its naturally much less caffeinated. Black teas still have beneficial stuff and better than a soda so go for it!

Well said!!

Good job on maintaining. That's great since you haven't been able to burn more w/ exercise so you must have done well with the eating! Sounds like you have a good PT. We would see people for knee pains and start giving them trunk and pelvic exercise and I'm sure they were like 'did you read my chart lady'. But it's true it's all connected and many people have a pelvis that is either rotated/twisted like yours or front or back tilt because of poor posture or weak abdominals etc. If that is off the femur rotates differently and then the knee tracks differently etc.

So everyone will benefit from strengthening abs and don't stand w/ a sway back ( the cheerleader posture butt out).

Again... WELL SAID!
----------------
Well I managed to get off that 4 pounds I saw show up on the scale after my BBQ feast last weekend. Just frustrating all my work this week went to getting off what I had lost the week before but oh well it's gone and I'm happy. Managed an extra .4 net loss for the week so I'll take that!

WOOHOO! Aren't you glad you didn't let it get you down??

I'm apologizing ahead of time but Sunday I'm going to an all day scrapbook crop and I'm already stressing about the foods everyone brings. There's a few that on WW and doing well but there's a couple girls that always bring homemade chocolates and little things that are oh so easy to just pass by the table and pop on in your mouth. Last time someone made those turtles w/ the pretzel and melted rolo on them. I can't even count how many I ate.

So --- may plan is to post an update on here every so often of any snacks I ate - FULL DISCLOSER might help be abstain hopefully. So I may be a post hog on Sunday

We will be happy to have you on at any time!! I agree.... those crops can be crazy with the snacks! I won't even go into detail about what I've seen at these crops! You definitely need a PLAN...and posting here whenever you need to is a great start to the plan!

I've also decided to try the Dr Oz 3 day cleanse. IT's making smoothies in th blender. I'm heading to our local healthy market (Sprouts) and picking up some of the ingredients (flaxseed etc) and see how it goes. I hate eating veggies - just not my thing. I've been feeling very sluggish the last week and I dont think I'm gettting the right nutrients.

Well gotta motor to get the kids off!
My only advise would be to be sure you are getting some protein as well. When I have tried juice cleanses, I end up feeling tired and miserable and I think it is because of the lack of protein. Throw some chia seed in or maybe make a juice "smoothie" with some silken tofu. Other than that, good luck! Love to hear how it goes!

Still haven't made breakfast and now I am STARVING!..................P

Old 03-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #189
WDWorBUST
BL II - Purple Team
Okay I need my head examined....

Quote:

I would probably turn to MFP....I just got started on there and although I haven't really taken part in the "community" yet it seems like you could really find a lot of support there too.

Okay - short vent - my DH and I have been following the DASH diet now for almost 2 weeks. It is great that we are doing it together and helps keep me on track. But why is it that he loses 50% more than me doing the same darn thing!! It is so unfair! The worst part of all is I am absolutely thrilled with my results so far - that is until I see what he has done!! Okay vent over.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #190
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post
I love scrapping but never seem to find the time to do it. I have enough stuff I could start my own supply store! The DH even bought me a Cricut a couple of years ago and it is getting way too dusty...

Make sure to bring healthy snacks you will WANT to eat, but don't totally blow off something sweet and yummy. One or two little turtles aren't going to do you in. I had a pile of cheesecake last night and still managed to post a loss this week!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #191
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

I am afraid I need to have to vent a little bit. I am really losing steam at the moment. Today I had a gain of half a pound since last Friday (might weigh in officially tomorrow though), I think I pulled a muscle or strained a tendon in my right leg, work is really stressful and the weekend will be very busy and not relaxing, too. I had to settle for a not so wise lunch that wasnt tasty. I just want to go home sit on my couch and eat chips, gummy bears and a pizza right now!!!

I won't do that though - so knowing that I will be able to resist the temptation to go back into old habits is at least something. I also know that this is mainly PMS rearing its ugly head. Still makes me unhappy... I hope I get through this funk without too much damage though. At least I decided that I will take a break from the 30 DS for today and tomorrow to let my leg get some rest. The last thing I need is some real injury!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #192
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWorBUST View Post
I would probably turn to MFP....I just got started on there and although I haven't really taken part in the "community" yet it seems like you could really find a lot of support there too.

I've been on the chat boards at WW dotcom as well and it seems like they have a very supportive community with plenty of support. I suppose there is support out there to be had, if you know where to look. Thankfully the DIS isn't going anywhere!!

Okay - short vent - my DH and I have been following the DASH diet now for almost 2 weeks. It is great that we are doing it together and helps keep me on track. But why is it that he loses 50% more than me doing the same darn thing!! It is so unfair! The worst part of all is I am absolutely thrilled with my results so far - that is until I see what he has done!! Okay vent over.
It just doesn't seem fair, does it? DH and I have been through similar things (although he has never tried WW with me) and it can be SO aggravating.... but I try to not let it throw me. Try figuring out your PERCENTAGES lost instead of just pounds... maybe that would be more comparable??

Quote:
I love scrapping but never seem to find the time to do it. I have enough stuff I could start my own supply store! The DH even bought me a Cricut a couple of years ago and it is getting way too dusty...

Never enough time for that here either. I need to COMMIT to making it part of my schedule if I ever want it to happen.

Make sure to bring healthy snacks you will WANT to eat, but don't totally blow off something sweet and yummy. One or two little turtles aren't going to do you in. I had a pile of cheesecake last night and still managed to post a loss this week!
DisFam95...I was thinking the same thing here. Maybe you could bring some of your own treats... have you tried the Skinny Cow brand of candies??? Or try alternating one small treat with one handful of carrots? Whatever you do, don't show up hungry!! .................P

Old 03-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #193
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I am afraid I need to have to vent a little bit. I am really losing steam at the moment. Today I had a gain of half a pound since last Friday (might weigh in officially tomorrow though), I think I pulled a muscle or strained a tendon in my right leg, work is really stressful and the weekend will be very busy and not relaxing, too. I had to settle for a not so wise lunch that wasnt tasty. I just want to go home sit on my couch and eat chips, gummy bears and a pizza right now!!!

I won't do that though - so knowing that I will be able to resist the temptation to go back into old habits is at least something. I also know that this is mainly PMS rearing its ugly head. Still makes me unhappy... I hope I get through this funk without too much damage though. At least I decided that I will take a break from the 30 DS for today and tomorrow to let my leg get some rest. The last thing I need is some real injury!
First of all..... Next.... I'm glad you came here to vent and I'm GLAD you realize that sitting at home eating junk will NOT help. Knowing that it is PMS and that it will be gone (hopefully SOON) is good too!

Find something to comfort yourself with today.... a good movie (maybe something that will make you cry or laugh really hard), a warm bath (with some nice lavender bath salts or bubbles), or even a nap. You need to feel taken care of right now when you are so stressed and vulnerable to temptation.

Take a day or two to let that leg recover and rest!! No sense in ending up injured!

Breakfast is currently making its way into my tummy.... YUM! BBL to chat more..............P

Old 03-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #194
Silstone
Mouseketeer

Where to we report our Friday weigh in? Here or PM? Even though I've been out of commission and fell off the wagon, happy to say that I'm still the same weight. Whew!!! Long live soup diet!!
Silstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #195
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Quote:

Definitely MFP. Found a lot of kindred nerdy friends there and the support is great!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: