Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #166
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
For me the last day of the first week has already started and I am about to head out to work. Yesterday evening my 30DS was bearable, I think I can see that I gained in strength. I also figured out that if I turn away from the TV while exercising, I can use the french doors as a mirror (if it is dark outside) to control my form. I saw that I am actually getting much deeper into those lunges than I thought I was, so I have been doing things not the beginners way, but rather the hard way. Made me proud of myself. Another three days, then I start level 3!

I never made it to Level 3.... so I am impressed!

But I did have to scale down on weight. Those 1.5kg (3.3 pounds) weights are just too heavy for me for some exercises and I think I have been overdoing it with my left shoulder which started to hurt. I am back to the soup cans now, but I already saw that Tchibo, which is a store that sells coffee but also has a new line of products on a certain theme every week, will have a sports week next week where they sell 1kg (2.2 pounds) weights. So next Tuesday I will get those lighter weights and hope that they will work better!

How interesting!!

The scale still hates me. The mysterious gain yesterday disappeared today, but unless the scale jumps until tomorrow, I will sign in at the same weight as last Friday. It does get a bit frustrating even though I can see (and feel in my clothes) that I am getting slimmer, I would love to see a little bit more movement on the scale. I can't get it out of my head that weight matters, I think I am just too used to define myself by the number of kilos I see on that scale.
Glad you aren't TOO frustrated by the numbers not dropping.... if the clothes are fitting better, that is a great indicator of CHANGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
I'm sure she will be fine. I shred up some newspapers today and put them in her boxes-- she has 2 to choose from lol, which means loosely I'm pretty sure she'll have them on the bed in there...lol.

Sounds like the "maternity ward" is ready for her!

Red vines--licorice. Took them and 2 spare bags I had got at Target marked down to the gym and they were gone before I left.
Burned 860 calories on the elliptical so I'm pretty sure I can start over clean now lol. Was all down earlier and went to check my music files for some black eyed peas I had left in que and found out I'd downloaded about an hour and a half black eyed peas I didn't have! So that helped with the workout lol. Spent almost 4 hours at the gym, lots of stretching and lifting weights and almost an hour in the jacuzzi.

That is a LOT of gym time! I'm impressed!

Came home found out my son had the Costco Panko chicken in the oven so that was a nice surprise, had some leftover coleslaw I'd made with it...nice. Gonna go look up the stuff on tying the umbilical cords, then I have to scoop the litterboxes and I'm done for the evening.
Very nice of DS to have the dinner going!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Hello, my dears!

Well, I got my snow day! It wasn't exactly restful, but I did sleep in until well past 9am. That's unheard of around here, and it rocked.

WOOHOO on extra sleep! Got some myself today!

The storm was kind of a bust - we were forecast to get 8-12", and we got about 3-4", mostly slushy, messy stuff. It'll ice over tonight and make tomorrow morning a nasty drive (my commute day this week is switched up to tomorrow), but it could have been so much worse. And a day off!

I spent the day baking for the school's carnival - I volunteered to bring things for the bake sale and the cake walk. So you guessed it - I was licking batter bowls all day. So my QOTD? Not so much a day for making targeted efforts. :/ I didn't exercise, and I was in the kitchen pretty much all day. Tomorrow will be really busy - going into the office, meetings, errands, chorale rehearsal, and home to catch Big Bang Theory on the DVR before I pass out. I'll get back on track on Friday - but I do have a food plan for tomorrow! The Cooking Light lasagna I made for dinner tonight was really yummy, so I'm bringing leftovers of that for lunch, and I'll do Subway for dinner.

Busy, busy days! I'm sure that all of that standing and bending and mixing helped burn off a few "batter calories"! Care to share the lasagna recipe??

So DH's and my trip this month. I should feel guilty, but I just don't! We're heading out on the Dream for 4 nights while the girls are at Camp Grandma for spring break. It's a Caribbean itinerary, and we won't be getting off in Nassau (some of you might remember that our cruise last June turned into a nightmare with DH getting sick and airlifted off the Dream the first full day of the cruise - we've seen enough of Nassau, thankyouverymuch) - just Castaway. We have dining plans and that's about it - just some time to get away from work and relax together. I. Can't. Wait. We haven't exactly told DDs where we're going.

WOW! How exciting for you!! Hope this cruise is a great make-up trip for the previous one!

We bought DVC this year, so we're staying at Beach Club for one night after we drop the girls off at Grandma's - doing the overnight drive so we can get a full day at Flower & Garden and then a good night's sleep before heading to the port. I'm giddy, and I have new dresses. We leave for my MIL's two weeks from Friday - I can't believe it's that close! Currently lining up a kitty sitter and starting to think about packing...it definitely helps ward off the late winter blues - if only I could do this kind of winter escape every year!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday - talk to you all soon!

XO
Liz
So jealous of new dresses AND a cruise!! Can't wait to hear more about it and see photos when you return!!

Again, happy Thursday! We had a 2 hour school delay today, but after I went back to bed for a bit, I ended up waking up the second time with a headache. Kind of made the extra sleep not so worth it. But it was nice to not have to wake the kids so early. I knew DD got to sleep pretty late after doing homework, so I was pleased she got some extra rest.

Belly felt fine once I got home last night... not sure why it felt so dreadful while I was on the elliptical. Had a big serving of popcorn since I was so hungry and only had a few Points left for the day. Hopefully the salt won't be an issue tomorrow. Will try to be sure I get plenty of water today, just in case. That being said, I definitely feel like I gained this week. Not trying to make excuses for tomorrow, but I can just FEEL it. I feel so gross and "blobby" around the middle. And (sorry if this is TMI) but I suspect I am ovulating for the first time in about 6 months or so. Thought that ship had sailed, but apparently it might be trying to "pull into dock" one last time! Ovulation time ALWAYS caused me to bloat up.

I need a new exercise to try. I had a friend explaining how she got her arm in a sling trying a new "surfboard" workout.... kind of like an indoor surfboard balancing on 3 Bosu balls. She said the workout is great, but she lost her balance and fell off and messed up her arm. It sounds like fun, but I definitely don't want to end up injured. Then the new blog I was following talked a lot about the Barre Method workout... so I was going to look into it, but I saw a bit of it on Ellen this week and it didn't look so great (although admittedly, I need to give it more of a chance I suppose). I was also going to look into an aerial silks class at the Y, but it wasn't offered at a time I could attend. Zumba makes me look like a fool and I'm not sure I could get too excited about Piliates or yoga on a regular basis.

Anyone have any suggestions of a new exercise I could try? I am so VERY, VERY, VERY bored with the TM, elliptical, Treadclimber, walking/running, etc etc!!

Well... they don't really need me to cover any meetings for another 2 hours, so it is going to be a nice easy day for me!! But I do need to go find something productive to do! TTYL..................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #167
pjlla
<><

Okay.... who posted the homemade Coffeemate recipe a few weeks/months ago? I can't find it and wanted to share it with a friend who is trying to wean herself off of the "junk". I can't even remember the ingredients in this recipe, but thought it might help my friend. Anyone remember where I could find it??.................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #168
pjlla
<><

Anyhow.... found a few classes to be helpful in this morning. Then went an chatted with the Kindergarten lunch group and found a few minutes to pop on here.... and now it is my lunch time!

Off to eat lunch and then cover meetings until the end of the day. But it looks like I might avoid any outdoor duty for the day!! .......P

Old 03-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #169
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla
Okay.... who posted the homemade Coffeemate recipe a few weeks/months ago? I can't find it and wanted to share it with a friend who is trying to wean herself off of the "junk". I can't even remember the ingredients in this recipe, but thought it might help my friend. Anyone remember where I could find it??.................P

I posted it, I love it. I don't use the xanthan gum.

Clean Eating Coffee Creamer
makes 5 generous (1/4 cup servings)

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup soy milk (or almond milk, or even milk I am guessing)
3 tsp of pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of extract of your choice (see note)
2 tbsp of honey (I may do this a little less next time)
1/2 tsp of xanthan gum (I actually left this out, it's to thicken it)

Flavor options: extra vanilla extract, almond extract, orange extract or any other extract as long as it's clean.

Directions:

1) in a blender mix all ingredients until well blended.

2) Pour in a container of choice (I found my italian dressing bottle fit it perfect, yes it was cleaned REALLY well) and keep it in the fridge.

The store bought flavored creamer is like 50 calories per 1 tbsp (and let's face it if you want creamer usually you don't use just 1 tbsp) and this is like 50 calories for 1/4 cup..
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #170
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Hi! Up and at 'em early today. I usually leave by 6am on my commuting days, but I waited today because we had a bunch of icing in our area after yesterday's sort-of storm. The temp came up a few degrees, the sun came out, and then it was fine. DDs had a 2 hour delay for school, but DH was working at home today and was able to cover. Always juggling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
QOTD for Thursday, March 7, 2013:

Here it is, Thursday, the day before weigh-in (for most of us anyhow). In looking back at your week, have you done EVERYTHING that you could to make this a great week for your health and weight loss? Have you made the RIGHT choices to take you in the direction you want to go? If not, what are you changing for next week? Are you doing anything special TODAY to give yourself a boost before hitting the scale tomorrow (green tea, extra exercise, extra water)?
I know I could have done more - I think I can always do more. But I've stopped shooting for 100% because then any fall-off feels like failure. I did have some wins this week...when the forecast made it clear I wasn't going to get my scheduled run in yesterday, I bumped it up and did it on Tuesday instead. I had three meals on the go today, and I'm making good choices for my WW points and my happiness level (egg mcmuffin for breakfast, sushi & strawberries for lunch, Subway for dinner). I've gotten all my planned runs in for the week (the next one comes on Saturday, and we should be pretty well melted by then). So overall, even with some batter bowl devouring yesterday, I'm feeling pretty good about this first week in March. I'm trying to toe the line fairly steadily in advance of the week away later this month!

Quote:
So jealous of new dresses AND a cruise!! Can't wait to hear more about it and see photos when you return!!
Thanks! I'm excited, too. The cruise last summer was a whole family affair, and we ended up doing a do-over in December, taking DDs out of school for a week on the Fantasy. It was *amazing* and really hooked us on cruising. DH and I rebooked for this couples getaway while we were on that cruise, and I'm feeling pretty good about being back on the Dream now that we have a successful cruise under our belts!

And I can definitely post the Cooking Light lasagna recipe. It's a fairly traditional 3-cheese lasagna, but I thought it was delicious and didn't have that deprived/light taste you sometimes get with lower-calorie/fat Italian dishes. It's at home, so I just need to get it and me in the same place & I'll post it!

Quote:
Anyone have any suggestions of a new exercise I could try? I am so VERY, VERY, VERY bored with the TM, elliptical, Treadclimber, walking/running, etc etc!!
If you're at all into the home DVD thing, I'd recommend the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 and/or 30-Day Shred DVDs. I found them easy to follow, quick, and *very* effective. I was amazed how quickly I felt stronger and lost inches when I started these last year! I still use them now, but more occasionally or if I feel like I need a jump-start.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday - good luck with tomorrow's weigh-ins!

XO
Liz

Adventures by Disney ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ 2010 * Animal Kingdom Villas ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * Contemporary/Bay Lake Tower ~ 2011 * Beach Club ~ 2010 * Boardwalk Inn ~ 2010, 2012 * Boardwalk Villas ~ 2011 * Disney Cruise Line ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * Disneyland Offsite ~ 2013 * Grand Californian ~ 2011, 2014 * Grand Floridian ~ 2011 * Polynesian ~ 2009, 2010 * Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * Wilderness Lodge ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #171
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:

Here it is, Thursday, the day before weigh-in (for most of us anyhow). In looking back at your week, have you done EVERYTHING that you could to make this a great week for your health and weight loss? Have you made the RIGHT choices to take you in the direction you want to go? If not, what are you changing for next week? Are you doing anything special TODAY to give yourself a boost before hitting the scale tomorrow (green tea, extra exercise, extra water)?
No way, no how . After my mega-painful run on Saturday, I took it easy and tried not to mope too much on Sunday. Monday I started up with really working my PT exercises hard so I can be ready for my race this Saturday. When I got to the PT guy on Tuesday, he said no exercising except for walking as my IT was so inflamed, and keep up with the the exercises . I've gotten up every morning to do them before work (me...the one who HATES getting up early!). Figuring there was no way the scale was going to show a loss this week due to the lack of sweating, I haven't been quite as picky about my meals as I normally am. Guess it sounds like I was just on a pity-party downslide all week doesn't it? Boy do I HATE that!! Well, I'll just make the best of the next couple of days and hit it as hard as I can again next week. I have a Half coming up at the end of the month, so I have to be super careful from here on out. Keep your fingers crossed!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #172
sskem96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
QOTD Sunday, March 3, 2013
How do you do on the weekends? Do you find you are more on plan or less on plan?
The weekends is actually the easiest time for me to stay OP. I work every Saturday and Sunday night, 7pm-7am. I don't have too much trouble staying OP during the day Saturday because DH is at work and the kids have activities much of the day and I only have to worry about feeding myself. My coworker is also dieting, so we bring something healthy to eat during the night. Sometimes it's Subway or Jimmy Johns, but then fruit for snacks. There's no food service available in the hospital overnight, so no temptation! I sleep all day on Sunday, so no breakfast or lunch. I eat something light right before work and pack a healthy lunch for during the night again. My only challenge is avoiding going to the cafeteria for breakfast on Monday morning when my shift is over! I know I'll be eating there this Monday because I have to stay over for a class til noon, so I'll have to bring my willpower with me and make good choices!

Quote:
QOTD for Monday, March 4, 2013:
Today is a NEW DAY! A new week, in a new Month! How are YOU going to make this your BEST MARCH EVER? Meal planning? New exercise routine? New recipes? Committing to weighing/measuring food portions? Strict food journaling?? How are you going to make sure that your choices are taking you in the direction in which you want to go??
I am committing to meal planning! It's way too easy to live on junk food when Papa John's has 2 pizzas for $11.99 if I don't have meals planned in advance!

Quote:
QOTD for Tuesday, March 5, 2013:

Do you believe that changing your OUTSIDE will change your INSIDE? Physically? Mentally? In what ways? If not, why not?

If you are at or near your goal weight, do you feel that your weight loss has changed you?
I always feel better about myself and have more confidence when I'm slimmer. I tend to be more outgoing. When I'm heavier, I tend to sit and play on my phone and not join in with the other families at the girls' softball games and such, but when I'm slimmer I guess I just feel more accepted or something. I know it's all in my head, but I need to take some of these extra pounds off to get back to feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
I am going to go with her treatment plan over the other podiatrist since I believe the other podiatrist did not properly diagnose me.

And the saga continues.....Let's hope this works.
I have had PF for about 2 1/2 years. As long as I wear my orthotics, I do pretty well. I have to wear my shoes at all times, even in the house. I have a pair of Ecco sandals that I can stand to wear for a little bit in the summer if I'm going somewhere that I'm going to be mostly sitting, like a softball game or church, but other than that it's my tennis shoes with my orthotics at all times. Looks kinda dorky with certain outfits, but as long as I'm not in pain, I'm ok with it!

Quote:
QOTD for Wednesday, March 6, 2013:

It's Woo Hoo Wednesday! Give yourself a big "woo hoo" for helping yourself to be healthy and share something that you did today to help you with your goals!!
I put dinner in the crockpot before heading out of town for DD16's Dr. appt, so we had a healthy(ish) dinner waiting for us when we returned! I just threw in 3 frozen chicken breasts and a can of Rotel. When we got home, I shredded the chicken and made a chicken quesadilla (low fat Mexican blend shredded cheese and fat free sour cream) and DD13 had chicken tacos. DH was working late and ended up getting invited to dinner with some of his colleagues, and I fixed DD16 some vegetarian chili that we had in the freezer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
Hi! I am a newer member of the DIS. I joined the February challenge (late) but wasn't a participant in the thread. I'm hoping to be more active this month, and going forward, as I could definitely use some inspiration & motivation!

I started trying to make healthier choices in January - I've given up soda (even diet! yikes!) and have started tracking my food choices on MyFitnessPal. Last month I got a FitBit One to help me track my steps, etc. I have a desk job and a 90 minute (each way) commute so am out of the house, sedentary, for about 13 hours per day. We have 2 little ones - DD1 and DS4 - so not much "free" time for working out. I've been making it a priority to walk during my work day and steal extra steps wherever I can to make my 10,000 step/day goal. So far, I make it there about 80% of the time and am hitting at least 7-8K every day I'm down 14.5 pounds since January. We are heading to WDW on 5/5/13 to surprise DS for his 5th birthday. My goal is to make it to 25 pounds and be PROUD to be in as many pictures as we can take. It may sound vain, but as the mom, I am the taker of most pictures and when it's time to take my picture, I'm usually feeling less-than-camera ready and shy away. I don't want my kids to look back and wonder why mom isn't in any pictures!

To motivate myself, I've already pre-purchased the PhotoPass+ CD for our trip! No matter what my progress is by departure date, I think the mindset change, that being healthy and happy and IN THE PICTURES is my priority, is a huge shift for the better.
You sound just like me! I'm in hardly any pictures other than the PhotoPass ones, and I always try to slim down before a trip, but I have trouble staying focused on maintaining after we return. I also use a fitbit (I have the older "ultra" model), and I use MFP for my journaling. 5 is such a fun age for visiting WDW, you guys will have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
From all my reading on line it sounds like the most trouble with the birth could be is the tying of the umbilical cord-- sometimes you have to help with that I guess and I'm really unsure about that so I think I'll look some stuff up on that today so I know how to do it.
Animals seem to know how to do it all on their own, so try not to worry! I witnessed my sister's cat giving birth several years ago. I was so scared because I thought she was eating the kittens! I knew it was best not to interfere, and I'm glad I didn't. She was just licking them, taking care of the cords, and eating the sacs and placentas. The kittens were all just fine! I'm afraid if I had interfered she might have rejected them, but she turned out to be a great mom doing everything on her own!

Quote:

I have NOT done good this week! I was sick most of last week with a nasty respiratory virus, and this dreaded weather has gotten me down. DD16 had 2 out of town Dr. appointments this week, and my dad is having surgery today. (I'm actually on the computer in the surgical waiting room now. That's why I have so much time to actually get caught up!) DD16 has another Dr. appt next week-in St. Louis this time. That's the farthest away Dr. she has and she's doing well right now, so hopefully no more appointments for awhile after that! I'm going to concentrate on the meal planning for next week, getting back on track with my C25K workouts, and up my daily water intake. This week's weight won't be good I'm sure, but working to turn it around for next week!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #173
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Wow, we are all going down for the count, eh? My PT appt. at the new place is this afternoon. I hope it goes well.

As far as the QOTD? Ha, meal planning. I just cannot seem to pull it together. Everything sounds blah. Now my allergies are kicking in and I am not cheery self. I am beat.

On a lighter note Comet PAN-Starrs should be gracing North America with it's presence, so if you are into that kind of thing, look into it. You will see it very low in the horizon in the direction of the setting sun (west) starting today or tomorrow up to the 12th, I think. You need some binocs. I am going to really make an effort to see this one.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #174
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Evening all! I hit the elliptical here at the Y for work-out #2 of the day...but didn't last as long as I planned. I drank a large cup of green tea on the ride here and it isn't sitting well in my belly. By the 30 minute mark I was feeling like I could throw up, so I decided I would call it "enough". I still feel gurgly and a bit queasy, but hoping it will pass before the drive home.
Were you hungry? I can't drink green tea on an empty stomach for the same queasy reason.

Quote:
Hello, my dears!

Well, I got my snow day! It wasn't exactly restful, but I did sleep in until well past 9am. That's unheard of around here, and it rocked.

The storm was kind of a bust - we were forecast to get 8-12", and we got about 3-4", mostly slushy, messy stuff. It'll ice over tonight and make tomorrow morning a nasty drive (my commute day this week is switched up to tomorrow), but it could have been so much worse. And a day off!

I spent the day baking for the school's carnival - I volunteered to bring things for the bake sale and the cake walk. So you guessed it - I was licking batter bowls all day. So my QOTD? Not so much a day for making targeted efforts. :/ I didn't exercise, and I was in the kitchen pretty much all day. Tomorrow will be really busy - going into the office, meetings, errands, chorale rehearsal, and home to catch Big Bang Theory on the DVR before I pass out. I'll get back on track on Friday - but I do have a food plan for tomorrow! The Cooking Light lasagna I made for dinner tonight was really yummy, so I'm bringing leftovers of that for lunch, and I'll do Subway for dinner.

So DH's and my trip this month. I should feel guilty, but I just don't! We're heading out on the Dream for 4 nights while the girls are at Camp Grandma for spring break. It's a Caribbean itinerary, and we won't be getting off in Nassau (some of you might remember that our cruise last June turned into a nightmare with DH getting sick and airlifted off the Dream the first full day of the cruise - we've seen enough of Nassau, thankyouverymuch) - just Castaway. We have dining plans and that's about it - just some time to get away from work and relax together. I. Can't. Wait. We haven't exactly told DDs where we're going.

We bought DVC this year, so we're staying at Beach Club for one night after we drop the girls off at Grandma's - doing the overnight drive so we can get a full day at Flower & Garden and then a good night's sleep before heading to the port. I'm giddy, and I have new dresses. We leave for my MIL's two weeks from Friday - I can't believe it's that close! Currently lining up a kitty sitter and starting to think about packing...it definitely helps ward off the late winter blues - if only I could do this kind of winter escape every year!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday - talk to you all soon!

XO
Liz
Sounds like you had a busy snow day! Despite licking the bowl, at least you were on your feet instead of sitting at a desk all day. So exciting that you have your cruise coming up!

Quote:
Happy Thursday all! Well.... I forgot to post this last night and then we had a 2 hour delay this morning and I STILL ended up running late.... but fortunately I found a computer to use here at school this morning.

I have not had the most on plan week, but it's been a week of getting back to a healthy focus. Starting physical therapy, committing to a running training plan (even though all my "runs" are on the elliptical), reining in my eating. For today, I will drink extra water (thanks for the reminder!) and remember to get up and move around at work more. I already have a hot yoga class scheduled for tonight (though despite the extreme amount of sweating, I don't lose weight from it).

Quote:

Well... they don't really need me to cover any meetings for another 2 hours, so it is going to be a nice easy day for me!! But I do need to go find something productive to do! TTYL..................P
I'm not sure what other classes your Y has, but I like to get into a class when I need a change. I've been doing yoga a few times a week. It gets boring when I go to the same class over and over, but I do like getting to the challenge classes - those are usually much more fun and interesting (less relaxation based). I think this is also that time of year where we've been stuck on the indoor machines - and start getting extra sick of it!
I have a fun strength training routine from the book Train Like a Mother (book is geared towards mom runners). Until that, I could never stick with one.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * Next up: 2014 Glass Slipper
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #175
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Thursday all! Well.... I forgot to post this last night and then we had a 2 hour delay this morning and I STILL ended up running late.... but fortunately I found a computer to use here at school this morning.

No, I've been sat on my backside for most of the week finishing my university assignment, so I've hardly moved at all (and don't I know it...my back and shoulders are killing me). As the assignment has to be in the post to the exam board by Saturday morning at the latest, I'll be getting up and moving about soon!!!

Can't remember if I confessed to this earlier, but I'm a health & safety advisor...found out today that I'm also getting responsibility for Environmental Health at work...sooooo I've just been booked on another course!! Thankfully this one is only 1 week, not 4 years!!!! As soon as I finish one piece of work there's another one waiting!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #176
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know I could have done more - I think I can always do more. But I've stopped shooting for 100% because then any fall-off feels like failure. I did have some wins this week...when the forecast made it clear I wasn't going to get my scheduled run in yesterday, I bumped it up and did it on Tuesday instead. I had three meals on the go today, and I'm making good choices for my WW points and my happiness level (egg mcmuffin for breakfast, sushi & strawberries for lunch, Subway for dinner). I've gotten all my planned runs in for the week (the next one comes on Saturday, and we should be pretty well melted by then). So overall, even with some batter bowl devouring yesterday, I'm feeling pretty good about this first week in March. I'm trying to toe the line fairly steadily in advance of the week away later this month!

Thanks! I really like that attitude to accept that 100% is unrealistic, but instead focus on getting as close to 100% as possible!

If you're at all into the home DVD thing, I'd recommend the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 and/or 30-Day Shred DVDs. I found them easy to follow, quick, and *very* effective. I was amazed how quickly I felt stronger and lost inches when I started these last year! I still use them now, but more occasionally or if I feel like I need a jump-start.

XO
Liz
Liz, you are going to be my big inspiration!! I just finished day 18 of the 30 DS - and just as you say I am amazed how much stronger I am! I already bought Ripped in 30 to continue with after the 30 DS. If I keep it up, I will finishes just a few days before my vacation starts and I am quite determined to try to get as close as possible to acchieving this goal.

Quote:

March so far has not been so marvelous for me I must admit. I am struggling with the eating. Still manage to get the exercise in though. Work is hard at the moment and I am starting to lose motivation. I am very thankful to have you people here as posting and reading here really helps. I think for next week I need to re-commit myself to eating more sensibly, less carbs, more protein.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2010 TR 2010 PTR 2011 TR Dining Reviews:2009 2008 2007
From the Sea to the World - Spring 2013 Trip Report - DCL and WDW
Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #177
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
I posted it, I love it. I don't use the xanthan gum.

Clean Eating Coffee Creamer
makes 5 generous (1/4 cup servings)

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup soy milk (or almond milk, or even milk I am guessing)
3 tsp of pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of extract of your choice (see note)
2 tbsp of honey (I may do this a little less next time)
1/2 tsp of xanthan gum (I actually left this out, it's to thicken it)

Flavor options: extra vanilla extract, almond extract, orange extract or any other extract as long as it's clean.

Directions:

1) in a blender mix all ingredients until well blended.

2) Pour in a container of choice (I found my italian dressing bottle fit it perfect, yes it was cleaned REALLY well) and keep it in the fridge.

The store bought flavored creamer is like 50 calories per 1 tbsp (and let's face it if you want creamer usually you don't use just 1 tbsp) and this is like 50 calories for 1/4 cup..
Thanks so much! I'll get it printed tonight to bring to her!

Quote:
Hi! Up and at 'em early today. I usually leave by 6am on my commuting days, but I waited today because we had a bunch of icing in our area after yesterday's sort-of storm. The temp came up a few degrees, the sun came out, and then it was fine. DDs had a 2 hour delay for school, but DH was working at home today and was able to cover. Always juggling!

Glad you waited until the roads were clear. No sense in risking it!

Sounds like you actually had a pretty successful week!!

Thanks! I'm excited, too. The cruise last summer was a whole family affair, and we ended up doing a do-over in December, taking DDs out of school for a week on the Fantasy. It was *amazing* and really hooked us on cruising. DH and I rebooked for this couples getaway while we were on that cruise, and I'm feeling pretty good about being back on the Dream now that we have a successful cruise under our belts!

I knew you had a "do-over" already with your family.... not sure why I didn't remember it at that moment.

And I can definitely post the Cooking Light lasagna recipe. It's a fairly traditional 3-cheese lasagna, but I thought it was delicious and didn't have that deprived/light taste you sometimes get with lower-calorie/fat Italian dishes. It's at home, so I just need to get it and me in the same place & I'll post it!

XO
Liz
I do have JM DVDs at home. Guess I just need to pull them out again. I haven't done any workout DVDs in a while, as most of my workouts are at the Y, since I am there so much with DD. Just feeling bored lately I guess. Can't WAIT for some sunshine to get out in!!

Evening all! Off to the Y in a few minutes, despite the snow that continues to fall. Haven't really had "dinner" yet..... just warmed up some mashed sweet potato and had a bit of eggplant dip (my newest recipe concoction that I will share!).... but no protein and no greens, so I still need to eat something!

Sorry.... no time for any more replies for now also.

Tonight's workout will be a LIGHT one.... just some walking on the TM.... nothing crazy, no sprints, no speed, no incline. Knees have DEFINITELY been feeling tweaked lately, probably due to my worn-out shoes, and I haven't had the time or money to buy the new ones that I really want.... so tonight I will take it easy on myself!

I've got 10 minutes to pack up my gym bag and eat something! Guess I had better dash! Not sure if I will be back on tonight, as I am going to the Y with the unreliable wifi .........................P

Old 03-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #178
Silstone
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla

Hey everyone! Been sick with the flu all week and am scared to see my weigh in. A naughty thing I did, was treat myself to donuts with DS 15 on Saturday. That just spiraled to ice cream on Monday, chips and dip on the start of my flu on Tuesday and cookie dough cookies Tuesday night and Wednesday. Couldn't work out after Monday cause of this flu. Bottom line-cant do a "treat" cause it opens a can of worms. Currently drinking hot tea (not green). Is there really a difference?
Silstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #179
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I do think I did everything I could! I ate right, no cheating ... well one bite of cookie today but that's it! And I exercised every day averaging an hour per day I am taking today off from exercising because a) I think my body needs day off, I have soreness in places I was not previously aware existed and b) because I am working LATE tonight so I won't have time anyway But I will be happy with whatever the scale shows tomorrow because I know I did well this week! (though I would really love to see that 3 lb loss I saw the other day)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Flossbolna......21lb is exactly 1.5 stones...14lb to a stone.

Araes2102, well done...are you doing any particular diet, or just going it alone?
I am going it alone, well except I do have you all! I use multiple tools to help: MFP, bodymedia, atkins... But I really have my own guidelines which I follow: stay within my calorie range (I try to get 1500-1700 calories per day), keep my carbs low (20-50g per day), keep protein up (at least 100 g per day), make sure to get in enough fiber/fruits and veggies/water. Oh and exercise as much as I can, even if it just strength or a quick 20 mins on the treadmill, but as I said I average about an hour per day of this. Seems to be working for me

Well gotta get back to work now... see you all in the am for the big weigh in!

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #180
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!

I am doing a drive by ...

I am down to 3 last BIOs to get for my musical program and I will be done! I plan on burning the disk tomorrow and dropping it off at the printer right after work!

I am always amazed at all the drama that goes on behind the scenes with the musical. I am so glad this is my last year!

Anyway ... I haven't been good the last week and a half. I am up a few pounds. I plan on getting back on track this weekend since I will have time to myself again!

Pam .... great news about your daughter on the swim team at college. That is great. And a sleep over with the team will make her feel great with the transition!

Susan ... I can't wait to see pictures of your kittens. I think they will all be fine. You have done such a good job taking care of Misty.

Planning on spending more time with you all this weekend. Have a great day tomorrow!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: