DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
cbonewjersey
Mouseketeer

Bad Policy - DVC discounts on Tours

I tried to argue with the CM as nicely as I could but got nowhere. I have a 2BR reservation for August at BLT. We will be 6 people in the one room, including my Mom and Aunt. They want to take Keys to Kingdom Tour while we do TL, but because I won't be on the tour with them, I can't get the discount - and yes I'm paying for it. Everything about this reservation and vacation is DVC but I or my wife has to be present for any perks. Just doesn't seem right.
cbonewjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
kenny
I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train. - Walter E. Disney

As annoying as it is and I agree it would frustrate me too the discounts are only for dvc members. I couldn't get my parents dvc aps just because they were staying in my dvc room

I assume it works the same with dining discounts. I think you need to show your member card to get them

kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Just about all the member perks require the member to be there with the guest. Read the Public Offering Statement. It's in there.

When you purchase the DVC APs, you must be related and live at the same address. You have to provide a drivers license showing the same address. If your parents live with you, they should be able to get the discounted AP. But you'll have to be there to activate it if they are not on the contract with you.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Does anyone have a Disney CC to get the discount?
Old 03-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
cbonewjersey
Mouseketeer

You're right of course. I understand it in general, and certainly for things like PAPs and TIW savings, the member should have to be there and the rules are good. But at very little cost to Disney some of this could be relaxed and be more in the spirit of the magic. So if 2 members bring their grandkids who live in different homes, they can't get the discounts on the Wild Animal Trek, for example, if they don't go along. It's 10%, so maybe $20 in that example - I think if the people are in my room on my reservation, and I pay for it all and I book the tours, it should apply. I know it won't change, but it would pay off more than it would cost in my opinion.
cbonewjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #6
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbonewjersey View Post
You're right of course. I understand it in general, and certainly for things like PAPs and TIW savings, the member should have to be there and the rules are good. But at very little cost to Disney some of this could be relaxed and be more in the spirit of the magic. So if 2 members bring their grandkids who live in different homes, they can't get the discounts on the Wild Animal Trek, for example, if they don't go along. It's 10%, so maybe $20 in that example - I think if the people are in my room on my reservation, and I pay for it all and I book the tours, it should apply. I know it won't change, but it would pay off more than it would cost in my opinion.
I'm sure it won't make you feel any better, but it's the same way for annual pass holders. They can't get discounts for family members or guests in their AP-discounted room unless the pass holder is present, either.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #7
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

I don't think its a "Bad Policy" but the fact that the discounts are for the DVC members, not just for anyone staying in their room. Same with the restaurant discounts, Top of the World, the DVC Member is asked for their Blue DVC Membership ID and KTTW card. "DVC Member" is not always shown on the KTTW card any more, hence requiring now the ID cards.

These discounts are not mandatory and change from time to time. But, then again I am one of the "the glass is half full" people of the world.

Hope you can work it out with perhaps a member accompanying them on the tour.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #8
awilliams4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I suspect it is one of those scenarios where people exploited (one child getting a child AP so the entire party can get 10% off merchandise so no more child APs) it or that people exploit so many things that Disney is pushed to draw a line in the sand on most all discounted subjects now.

In these scenarions, I don't blame the company, I blame my neighbor, my co-workers, my in-laws....i.e., I blame people for causing all the rules our culture now lives with.
awilliams4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #9
cvjw
DIS Veteran

Same with getting the Disney Visa discount on tours. Last year, I booked the KTTK tour for my Mom and son as a combined birthday present. Because I wasn't taking the tour with them, I could not get the Disney Visa discount. Stinks, but that's just the way it is.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #10
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Not that I agree with all Disney policies but where do you draw the line?

Disney is in business to make money, they advertise magic, and we love the idea of magic and escaping from the real world but it is a business. It's also true that if you give people an inch, many will take a mile. "I bought the tickets for the soccer club so they should all be discounted".

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #11
Sammie
DIS Veteran

If they did not have restrictions, believe me people would abuse the policy and they know that. Disney used to be more lax with this until they were taken advantage of.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #12
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
When you purchase the DVC APs, you must be related and live at the same address. You have to provide a drivers license showing the same address. If your parents live with you, they should be able to get the discounted AP. But you'll have to be there to activate it if they are not on the contract with you.

I have order a discounted AP for both my DD's who are not on my contract and got a "will call" number. They both were able to pick the AP pass up when they went to WDW without me. I was told that they had to bring a copy of my DVC card and a copy of my license and had to show I.D. to pick it up which they did and had no problem.

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #13
kenny
I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train. - Walter E. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228

I have order a discounted AP for both my DD's who are not on my contract and got a "will call" number. They both were able to pick the AP pass up when they went to WDW without me. I was told that they had to bring a copy of my DVC card and a copy of my license and had to show I.D. to pick it up which they did and had no problem.
Did their Id show they lived at your address? My guess is yes. If not then I don't think they should have been given passes as you need to reside in same house

kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #14
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
[/B]

Some CM's bend the rules, others don't know them. What happens today might not happen tomorrow.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #15
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

You could always drop your spouse from your membership and add your mom -- oh, I did not just say that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: