Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #16
phi2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
are you using DVC points or cash with CRO?

with DVC points - standard view is the pool or rooms that were savannah and now are standard at Jambo House.

with CRO - standard view in both places is parking lot - you might get luck with Kidani and get a garden or swimming pool view.

oh if you get a standard room at Jambo house that was a savannah room - expect a long walk.

with a studio would go with Jambo house
It was this info I was looking at when I said about whether standard view rooms at jambo house are either the pool and savannah views only and not parking lot. Sorry I should have quoted it before . This is what I was wondering about as I will be booking with dvc points.

But thanks for the info on the two resorts, it's nice to know they are both nice so either will suit, it's just which one we have a better chance of a better view and preferably not a parking lot view.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #17
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi2012 View Post
It was this info I was looking at when I said about whether standard view rooms at jambo house are either the pool and savannah views only and not parking lot. Sorry I should have quoted it before . This is what I was wondering about as I will be booking with dvc points.

But thanks for the info on the two resorts, it's nice to know they are both nice so either will suit, it's just which one we have a better chance of a better view and preferably not a parking lot view.
With DVC at AKL...

-Value rooms are at Jambo only and will either be of the parking lot or savannah.
-Standard rooms at Jambo will have a pool view (possibly obstructed) or a reclassified savannah room.
-Standard rooms at Kidani will overlook the bus pickup, driveways, basketball courts, overflow parking, and possibly the pool.
-Savannah rooms will overlook one of the savannahs of the resort.

Hope this helps.

Brave teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #18
mmmears
DIS Veteran

I like the feel of Jambo personally, but if you have little kids I think the water splash play area at Kidani could be a draw to stay over there. AKL is wonderful!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #19
phi2012
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much.

Think we are going to try and get jambo house standard view as at least we won't get a parking lot view .

It's a shame the pool is better at kidani as I do have my two little ones with us, but im sure the pool at jambo is great too. Either way the animal kingdom villas look great, I can't wait for my stay.

Thanks for the info guys .
Old 03-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #20
Darkside
Mouseketeer

You can't go wrong with either?

First I want to say that I am a fan of Jambo House, however, this is why I would pick Kidani over Jambo. Kidani is way less crowded(or in appearances it seems that it is?), Easy access to my vehicle which is parked under our room, nicer pool (again, just our opinion?), 1st to pick up on the buses and first to drop off, and Kidani as a certain sense or serenity and after a long day at the park, this is really nice, not sure if it is the lighting, the music, or layout?
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #21
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

I loved Kidani, frankly I didn't care about the view. We were only in the room at bedtime, it would have been too dark to see them anyway. In the morning we get up and go to the parks, in the afternoon we hang by the pool, in the evening out to dinner and maybe some park time.

I also liked being the 1st bus pick up.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #22
LeahA
DIS Veteran

We have stayed there 3 times.

1st-Jambo pool view
2nd-Kidani savanna view
3rd-Kidani standard view

I like the Kidani side better. Jambo is the bustling marketplace and Kidani is the sleepy liittle village. (That's how I describe it!) They are both nice.

Savanna view was nice to do once, but I don't need to do it everytime. Unless you are in your room 24/7 to watch animals, it's not necessary. Even when you are in your room, the animals aren't always there! You would have to check with the front desk on which savanna you are on and when the animals are the most active.

Last year we were in a standard view room, it was fine, we looked out at saw the marsh, trees, gazebo, and if we leaned all the way over we could see the valet parking area, and there was like 3 cars there, no big deal.

Kidani to Jambo, short walk, shorter bus ride.

Jambo has the bigger store and Boma and Jiko
Kidani has the smaller store and Sanaa

I like Kidani's pool better, but Jambo's pool is nice too!

It's our favorite resort! Have fun, whatever you decide!
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #23
jojomoore
DIS Veteran

We stayed at kIndani standard view studio room in 2009.

Characteristics of Kindani that I liked- newer, smaller, quieter, elegant room and lobby décor, fun pool, first bus stop, good animal viewing, and oddly enough the smell in the lobby and elevators was so lovely.

Characteristics that I didn't care for: no quick service and Boma is at Jambo. We just found ourselves heading over to Jambo for food, souvenirs, etc many many times.
jojomoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #24
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

I loved Kidani, but the long walk to and from the lobby and the lack of a CS place would make me hesitant to stay there again. Also it feels a bit out of the way to stay there longer.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #25
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

I had requested a room not too far from the lobby and luckily got a good location. It was also a quick walk to the bus from there (there was a side door right out to the bus stops). We usually eat lunch in the park before returning for pool time so didn't miss the CS. I only like to eat at the resort counter service maybe once over the week, so that one time we went over to Mara (we wanted to check out Jambo anyway).

If you eat a lot at the resort, that wouldn't be ideal.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #26
jstouder
Mouseketeer

We stayed at both last year and had a standard studio on botb trips. At Jambo we had a great pool view and at Kidani we had a partial savannah view.

We liked Jambo house more. Lack of food options at Kidani was a issue. Also, our room was really far at Kidani. We will only stay at Jambo from now.
2012 - Pop Century & Animal Kingdom Lodge
2011 - Wilderness Lodge
2010 - Wilderness Lodge
2009 - Wilderness Lodge
2007 - Wilderness Lodge
2006 - All Star Music
jstouder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #27
phi2012
Mouseketeer

We've just booked jambo house studio standard view.

We decided that we didn't want to risk having a parking lot view as we will end up in the room on the evenings as kids will be in bed and we will most likely be out on the balcony so it will be nicer not to be over the road with cars and buses coming and going.

Plus the use of Mara will make life easier for us.

I feel a bit sad though as we like the quieter life, so kidani would have probably been better for that. And the kidani pool area does look fab.

But at least im getting to try the animal kingdom villas and I'll be going to kidani for dinner so will get to have a good mosey round .

Thanks for all the reviews it made it easier for me to choose.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #28
Seaera
Forever planning trips...

What is the main difference between a 1 bedroom value room at Jambo and a 1 bedroom standard room at Jambo?
Thanks in advance.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: