Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
kkendle
Mouseketeer

Kuerig/Loews First Update

I am getting ready for our trip in 2 weeks. I know a while ago there was some talk about the Kuerig cups and how many you get and paying for them etc. at Royal Pacific. I called today and spoke with someone at the front desk of the hotel and was told that you will only be allowed 2 Kuerig cups per day. If you use any more than this you will be charged $1.50 per cup. I also found out there is no hot chocolate anymore...what???? That was my favorite.

I also asked about the Loews First membership. From their website I understood that with your 2nd stay that you got certain things, if available, like a room upgrade, late check out, internet in your room, access to the gym and maybe a couple more things.

Anyway, I was told that it is not on your 2nd visit that you get these things...but after you made your 2nd visit and you are back for your 3rd. Maybe it is just me but when I read that with your 2nd visit you get perks, I thought that meant when we check in for the 2nd time. According to the front desk guy, it means after you have completed your 2nd visit and are there beginning your 3rd.

Maybe this is all obvious to everyone else but it wasn't to me and thought I would share what I was told.

Kelly
kkendle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

It was always after 2 stays that you became a blue member for you first. The eligibilities are after your stays are complete. That is when you get your credit.

I can see how it might be confusing though.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
kkendle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
It was always after 2 stays that you became a blue member for you first. The eligibilities are after your stays are complete. That is when you get your credit.

I can see how it might be confusing though.
Like I said...it must be just me because I thought it meant on your 2nd visit. If I made the mistake I thought maybe someone else might have as well...but could be just me.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkendle View Post
Like I said...it must be just me because I thought it meant on your 2nd visit. If I made the mistake I thought maybe someone else might have as well...but could be just me.
haha....no it would never just be you. I imagine lots of people have thought the same thing. It's a good psa.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #5
PrincessMe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkendle
I am getting ready for our trip in 2 weeks. I know a while ago there was some talk about the Kuerig cups and how many you get and paying for them etc. at Royal Pacific. I called today and spoke with someone at the front desk of the hotel and was told that you will only be allowed 2 Kuerig cups per day. If you use any more than this you will be charged $1.50 per cup. I also found out there is no hot chocolate anymore...what???? That was my favorite.

Kelly
Housekeeping brought be 15 cups of coffee and tea when I called for hot chocolate in December. So sad that the cocoa is gone.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #6
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Why not bring a box of cocoa along with you?

I plan on bringing a few extra of my own K-cups.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #7
kkendle
Mouseketeer

I probably will bring along some of my own K cup hot chocolate. I just thought it was a nice perk that they had them in the room free. I also liked the flavor a lot although I can't remember what it was.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMe View Post
Housekeeping brought be 15 cups of coffee and tea when I called for hot chocolate in December. So sad that the cocoa is gone.
It has been reported, and I have experienced, that they don't do that anymore. If you need more than the amount they normally stock daily, it's 1.50 per extra you ask for.

I forgot to do it when we got to HRH, but people here reported in January that you can have them replace what you won't drink with what you will. So if you won't drink the tea, they can replace it with coffee. I totally forgot to do that, though.

We're just going to buy our own kcups from now on. We have a car anyway, easy enough to get that.

And if we don't have a car we'll just budget a bit extra each day so that both adults in the room can get their caffeine fix, not just one.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #9
pigletto
DIS Veteran

The information you were given is correct. I just checked out of RPR the day before yesterday. 2 Emerils Big Easy Bold K-cups per day, a decaf of some kind, and a green tea K cup. And we were upgraded to water view (which was the pool and major construction of what I imagine is the new hotel) as it was our 3rd stay and that qualified for Blue status.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #10
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

How was your trip Pigletto? We seemed to be sort of following each other just a week or so apart.

FWIW at the Hard Rock it was NOT Emeril's.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #11
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto
The information you were given is correct. I just checked out of RPR the day before yesterday. 2 Emerils Big Easy Bold K-cups per day, a decaf of some kind, and a green tea K cup. And we were upgraded to water view (which was the pool and major construction of what I imagine is the new hotel) as it was our 3rd stay and that qualified for Blue status.
Yes, that how it was 2 weeks ago.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #12
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
How was your trip Pigletto? We seemed to be sort of following each other just a week or so apart.

FWIW at the Hard Rock it was NOT Emeril's.
We had a wonderful trip, thank you!

However I have to admit I have theme park burn out and am thinking of planning something completely different for our August vacation. If I hadn't bought flights to Orlando already I don't think we'd even go to Florida.

I think we'll go back to Universal when all the new areas are opened. There is a lot of exciting construction going on so there should be plenty of new things to see in a year or more

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: