Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
sherilaine
DIS Veteran
 
sherilaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,784

OK - any news on adding to a 5 days park hopper?

With the picture taking now tied to multi day park hoppers and word of a few ticket brokers closing shop - has anyone heard anything on relaxed rules about adding days to 5 day park hopper tickets?

I know there was a big thread on this but it seemed to get burried somewhere - so I figured I'd start another fresh one.

I know there have been some isolated reports of people adding one day to get 6 days but just wondering if there has been any further reports or anyone able to add more than 1 day?

This is now more out of curiosity, as we are looking at the Deluxe AP, as it would be nice if there could be an upside for all this picture taking and line causing!

__________________
DH and Me DD (12) DS (10) Q
Disneyland - HOJO Kids Suite March 2012, May 2013 and March 2014
May 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3110490
March 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3247388

sherilaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
SGDisneyFam
Mouseketeer
 
SGDisneyFam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta
Posts: 448

Our neighbors were just there. They tried at PPH lobby and guest services to no avail. The one day they chose not to use their 5 day Disney called their hotel room and extended MM to 2 hours!!
__________________
-Brian & Tanya




SGDisneyFam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
SGDisneyFam
Mouseketeer
 
SGDisneyFam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta
Posts: 448

We leave in 21 days and I'm still holding out hope. Our family is getting AP's but were taking our nephew with us who will need a 6th day and I am prepared to pay for an extra day for him if that's the case! I will ask every day until we are on our last day ... And hope for the best! I will be watching this thread!!
__________________
-Brian & Tanya




SGDisneyFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:13 AM   #4
beckyboo87
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherilaine
With the picture taking now tied to multi day park hoppers and word of a few ticket brokers closing shop - has anyone heard anything on relaxed rules about adding days to 5 day park hopper tickets?

I know there was a big thread on this but it seemed to get burried somewhere - so I figured I'd start another fresh one.

I know there have been some isolated reports of people adding one day to get 6 days but just wondering if there has been any further reports or anyone able to add more than 1 day?

This is now more out of curiosity, as we are looking at the Deluxe AP, as it would be nice if there could be an upside for all this picture taking and line causing!

I upgraded to a 6 day back in June but haven't heard of anyone being able to do that lately ...when I did have it done, the cast member told me they were discontinuing but it was still in the system, so she could make it happen for me if I did it fit then with her....it ended up costing an addition $4!!! Heck yeah I upgraded with her....

Good luck
__________________
Beckyboo
beckyboo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:23 AM   #5
Geemo
DIS Veteran
 
Geemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: pacific nw
Posts: 1,542

This is the thread about adding a 6th day to a hopper.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3061507

Read through and see what they have to say.

Guess you need to find out the Guest Services they used.

Geemo
__________________
Geemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:19 AM   #6
mouselike-harrier
Mouseketeer
 
mouselike-harrier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 385

Just got back and was not allowed to do it at the GCH. Guest Services even tried to check with a manager for me.
__________________


mouselike-harrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,612

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouselike-harrier View Post
Just got back and was not allowed to do it at the GCH. Guest Services even tried to check with a manager for me.
NOOOO!!!!
__________________
(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #8
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,612

Does anyone know if you can buy a half day ticket (twilight ticket) at the gate and if so how much they are? I would like to go into the parks the day we arrive but if we can't upgrade to a 6 day park hopper, I don't want to waste a whole day going in after 3 pm. Thanks.
__________________
(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:30 AM   #9
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."
 
Girimama33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 3,884

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
Does anyone know if you can buy a half day ticket (twilight ticket) at the gate and if so how much they are? I would like to go into the parks the day we arrive but if we can't upgrade to a 6 day park hopper, I don't want to waste a whole day going in after 3 pm. Thanks.
Twilight tickets are not available at the ticket booths. They are available to certain convention goers however.
__________________
Me ~ DH ~ GiRi (6) ~
Girimama33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #10
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girimama33 View Post
Twilight tickets are not available at the ticket booths. They are available to certain convention goers however.
Hmm. Thanks. Guess we might not be going to the parks that first day. Kind of a bummer.
__________________
(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #11
merrysmom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 87

I don't understand why they won't just let people add. If they already have pictures associated with tickets, then there is no way to add days to use fraudulently (unless, I suppose, a greater organization among identical twins exists and is out to take advantage of the system...) With the amount of money to be made on food and merchandise in the park, you would think adding the extra days would only be to their benefit...

Melissa
merrysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #12
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,612

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrysmom View Post
I don't understand why they won't just let people add. If they already have pictures associated with tickets, then there is no way to add days to use fraudulently (unless, I suppose, a greater organization among identical twins exists and is out to take advantage of the system...) With the amount of money to be made on food and merchandise in the park, you would think adding the extra days would only be to their benefit...

Melissa
I agree!! There are 6 of us. They would make a lot of money letting us in for one more day!
__________________
(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #13
jory29
DIS Veteran
 
jory29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)
Posts: 1,457

Still no confirmations? There is a big thread here about requests to Disney to bring back the longer-than-5- day Park Hopper tickets...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2980067

Looks like we can still use all of your support in this thread, to encourage this, since this type of ticketing does not yet seem to be in place. Thanks!
__________________
Paying our respects as a family to Mr. Walter Disney at the Partners statue is such a meaningful part of a visit to Disneyland. What a wonderful and amazing person he was.
jory29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #14
sherilaine
DIS Veteran
 
sherilaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,784

Quote:
Originally Posted by jory29 View Post
Still no confirmations? There is a big thread here about requests to Disney to bring back the longer-than-5- day Park Hopper tickets...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2980067

Looks like we can still use all of your support in this thread, to encourage this, since this type of ticketing does not yet seem to be in place. Thanks!
I think many people have either written or emailed Disney and it seems there is a very consistent token response - "we no longer offer passes longer than 5 days". If there is any intention for change brewing they are most certainly not going to advise this officially. Disney seems to have their official response and then there seems to be another thing that can happen when on site - which is unfortunate - I think consistency is one of the best measures of customer service.

Hopefully they can officially amend their stand on this - but in the meantime we are going to do what works best for us, even though that means more $!!
__________________
DH and Me DD (12) DS (10) Q
Disneyland - HOJO Kids Suite March 2012, May 2013 and March 2014
May 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3110490
March 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3247388

sherilaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #15
SGDisneyFam
Mouseketeer
 
SGDisneyFam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta
Posts: 448

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
I agree!! There are 6 of us. They would make a lot of money letting us in for one more day!
They make more money selling more 1 or 2 day tickets.

Disney is a business, and they know if people want to go, they will pay up the extra to buy another 1 or 2 day ticket on top of their 5 day ticket
__________________
-Brian & Tanya




SGDisneyFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.