Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #391
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Half term vacation 2013, Feb 16 - Feb 24

Day 7, February 22

Who needs plans, we go with the flow! - part 3

We walked past the Be Our Guest restaurant

and were amazed that there was already a long line for a still closed restaurant.

Tom took a few more photos

and while we were still standing there watching a cast member came over and handed us a menu. We were a bit hesitant at first, but then decided to jump in line. Right when we got in line the restaurant opened and our line started to move. It moved slowly but steadily and there were lots of things to look at while in line.

About 20 minutes after we had gotten in line, we were inside the building and close to the ordering kiosks. We wanted to use our Key to the World cards to pay for our lunch, so were directed to a kiosk where a cast member was helping customers. We placed our order and were quickly handed a rose to put on our table. Then we entered the dining room.

I had not done enough research on the restaurant and was not aware that there were other smaller dining rooms attached, so we found a table for 2 in the main dining room, Tom went to get some drinks and the cutlery while I waited at the table. We sat there for about 5 minutes when our lunch was brought out.
They bring it out in a little cart and deliver it right to your table. Tom tipped the cast member who brought it to our table and he was very astonished we did so, but happy to take it. We had decided to share some menu items and one of them was the

French Onion Soup, topped with crouton and gruyere cheese. We were amazed at how nice the soup was, especially since this was supposed to be a counter service restaurant. It was a pretty generous helping too and we both enjoyed it a lot. For our main courses we had chosen the

Tuna Nicoise Salad, warm seared tuna steak with chilled green beans, potatoes, olives, roasted bell peppers, tomatoes, and hard boiled eggs and apart from the hard boiled egg, which I would have loved to be soft boiled it was a nice and generous helping. I would have loved the dressing to had a bit more spice, but it was still nice. Our favourite item by far was the

Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin style), eight-hour slow-cooked pork with mushrooms, onions, carrots and bacon served with mashed potatoes and green beens jardinière. Not only was the portion huge, but the meat was fork tender, sitting on top a nice portion of very well seasoned home made mash and tasty green beens. We both loved the dish and will definitely be back for another helping in the summer. I could not leave without having tried at least one dessert. So I had ordered the

Chocolate Cream Puff, filled with chocolate mousse topped with whipped cream. And while it was nice it was nothing to write home about. The puff pastry had gone a bit soggy from the filling and the chocolate mousse was a bit too sweet for my liking, so half of it stayed uneaten. Once we were done with lunch we walked around the restaurant taking pictures and discovered that there were two more dining rooms to the side.

To be continued ...........
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #392
MEK
DIS Veteran

NOthing like scoring a bonus BOG dinner! Wow! That is AWESOME and the food looks so good! Congrats on your score!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #393
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
NOthing like scoring a bonus BOG dinner! Wow! That is AWESOME and the food looks so good! Congrats on your score!
It was definitely an added bonus that we got into BoG with so little wait. If there is no long wait you should definitely try to have lunch there in June. So yummy.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 05-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #394
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

You dinner looked pretty good, don't think I would get the pork, but I do want to try for BOG lunch. I hope the crowds will be low like last year.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #395
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Lunch looks good! And that was not at all a long wait! Just the day before, we waited a VERY long time. Of course, maybe that was partially due to the restaurant not being open quite yet when we jumped into line. I think I would have preferred to eat what you had rather than the sandwiches. Dessert for us was also kinda bla. Not bad... just not a tasty as it was pretty. Those chandeliers are simply amazing in person, aren't they?!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #396
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Karin your pix of the food are droolable !!I definitely want to try the French onion soupThe pork looked delish too I alos like the ham and cheese sandwich they have and the quiche !! For me it will be the Lemon cheesecake !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #397
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I love your BOG shots. You got some good ones. It was always dark when I was there. I liked the creme puff, but I needed it to be half the size. It was just a bit too much.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #398
michelle9343
DIS Veteran

We still have not eaten at BOG for lunch. Every time we have tried the wait was over 1 hour and 30 mins.Now way I could wait in the Florida sun on line that long. I can not wait to try it everything looks so YUMMY!!
Disney Dream Aug 24th 2012
michelle9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #399
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
You dinner looked pretty good, don't think I would get the pork, but I do want to try for BOG lunch. I hope the crowds will be low like last year.
We were amazed about the quality of the food. Especially since it was a CS restaurant.
And we were super lucky to jump into the line when we did, as the wait wasn't all that bad in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Lunch looks good! And that was not at all a long wait! Just the day before, we waited a VERY long time. Of course, maybe that was partially due to the restaurant not being open quite yet when we jumped into line. I think I would have preferred to eat what you had rather than the sandwiches. Dessert for us was also kinda bla. Not bad... just not a tasty as it was pretty. Those chandeliers are simply amazing in person, aren't they?!!
We were pretty lucky with our wait time. The line moved slowly, but steadily, so it was a really neat experience.
Ann, the pork was wonderful, had a lot of flavour and fork tender. And more than enough to share.
I wasn't impressed with the cream puff at all. Getting stuff like that in France all the time, it could not be compared to it.
They did an awesome job on the chandeliers. Real pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Karin your pix of the food are droolable !!I definitely want to try the French onion soupThe pork looked delish too I alos like the ham and cheese sandwich they have and the quiche !! For me it will be the Lemon cheesecake !!!
Rosie, having had real French onion soup in Paris we were both a little weary about ordering it. But it was really nice soup.
Now, the pork was outstanding. So good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I love your BOG shots. You got some good ones. It was always dark when I was there. I liked the creme puff, but I needed it to be half the size. It was just a bit too much.
I have a few more to share lateron. Tom did a good job getting a lot of nice shots of the restaurant.
And as far as the cream puff goes ..... it was a bit too much on the soggy side. Like if it had been filled while the pasty was still warm and melted the filling a bit. Not my favourite dessert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle9343 View Post
We still have not eaten at BOG for lunch. Every time we have tried the wait was over 1 hour and 30 mins.Now way I could wait in the Florida sun on line that long. I can not wait to try it everything looks so YUMMY!!
Michelle, if you get there right before they open you should have a good chance of getting in. I am sure Angie would love it there. And the food they serve (they bring it to your table!) is pretty good.
I can't wait to see you again in 71 days. Ten weeks from tomorrow!!!

Old 05-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #400
Teri1
DIS Veteran

The food at BOG looked good. I couldn't get dinner reservations for our trip in Sept. I hope we can have lunch there, not sure it will be possible.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:15 AM   #401
pas130
DIS Veteran

Be our guest looks scrumptious Karin!! Alas my finicky crew wouldnt last the wait for lunch....perhaps as they get older theyll be patient..meanwhile I live vicariously through my friend......lol
Old 05-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #402
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

BOG looks amazing!! It does appear to be a bit scary for little ones, but most are probably fine. I am not sure about gargoyles in Fastasyland. lol

So happy you enjoyed your lunch - maybe the next dessert will be yummy!!

What fun to sort of have wandered in without a plan!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #403
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Karin, I'm not posting any where on the DIS much anymore, but I am still reading. And I just had to say I love your pictures from BOG. I can't wait to be there one week from tomorrow for my second dinner.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #404
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
The food at BOG looked good. I couldn't get dinner reservations for our trip in Sept. I hope we can have lunch there, not sure it will be possible.
Teresa, I heard they DO take walk ups, so you might be able to get in after all, and if not, lunch was really nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Be our guest looks scrumptious Karin!! Alas my finicky crew wouldnt last the wait for lunch....perhaps as they get older theyll be patient..meanwhile I live vicariously through my friend......lol
Jeanette, there is lots to look at and dining inside that ballroom makes the wait worth while.
The food was really good, apart from the soggy cream puff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
BOG looks amazing!! It does appear to be a bit scary for little ones, but most are probably fine. I am not sure about gargoyles in Fastasyland. lol

So happy you enjoyed your lunch - maybe the next dessert will be yummy!!

What fun to sort of have wandered in without a plan!
It really is impressive. Disney did a really good job with it. There is LOTS to see while in line and once you have placed your order and found a table it does not take long until your food is delivered to your table.
There are lots of gargoyles in France, so we are used to them.

It was fun to just wander around with no plan to stick to - not that I stick to the plans I have made otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Karin, I'm not posting any where on the DIS much anymore, but I am still reading. And I just had to say I love your pictures from BOG. I can't wait to be there one week from tomorrow for my second dinner.
Kathy, I do understand you're not posting much. But I am glad you are still here to read.
The girls will love having dinner at BoG! It is really a beautiful setting.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #405
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I'm hoping we get to snag an ADR at BOG for our December trip but if we can't I would be more than happy with lunch
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: