DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Confirmed:Classic Resorts To Increase to $130/pt. On March 20th

I just got off the phone with my guide discussing pricing concerning the new webcast. During our discussion, she told me ALL of the classic resorts were going up to $130/pt. on March 20. AKV would be increasing to $145/pt., and Aulani would be increasing, although I didn't write down what that price would be.

I was inquiring about VWL to see if it qualified for the promos listed on the webcast. She said no, but if I went on the waitlist, I could be guaranteed the current $102/pt.

Closing costs seem high to me. A 50 pt. contract is now $150 closing, and a 100 pt. contract is over $200. My guide said the increase is now due to the fact that title insurance is being passed on to the buyer, where Disney was paying for this is the past.

Waitlist....no notification if points become available. To be placed on the waitlist, you have to give your CC and agree to be charged the 10% down. All subsequent paperwork would then be generated and sent.

Resales restrictions....my only contract is a restricted resales contract. She noticed this was my only contract and did assure me that the NEW restrictions coming would not affect me even though my contract has current restrictions. This tells me that all contracts prior to the new restriction date would be grandfathered. She wouldn't say when they were coming or what they were, just that it was not happening on March 20.

I did not inquire about Vero, HHI, or GCV as far as the price increase is concerned.

Last edited by BWV Dreamin; 03-07-2013 at 02:26 PM.
BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
Caren90
DIS Veteran

I would love to hear if anyone else has heard similar information form their guide.

I would ask my guide, but I don't know who it is?? I have never been contacted but I also have never bought direct.
Stephen
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caren90 View Post
I would love to hear if anyone else has heard similar information form their guide.

I would ask my guide, but I don't know who it is?? I have never been contacted but I also have never bought direct.
Stephen
Same here, never heard from a guide and do not know who it is.

1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
GOOFY D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
Caren90
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFY D View Post
Same here, never heard from a guide and do not know who it is.
Maybe that is a blessing...

Stephen
Old 02-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
ELMC
DIS Veteran

I don't have a guide either. I do, however, have someone who tried to sell me DVC direct once.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
I don't have a guide either. I do, however, have someone who tried to sell me DVC direct once.
I let conscience be my guide
Old 02-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #7
heynowirv
DIS Veteran

Resales restrictions....my only contract is a restricted resales contract. She noticed this was my only contract and did assure me that the NEW restrictions coming would not affect me even though my contract has current restrictions. This tells me that all contracts prior to the new restriction date would be grandfathered. She wouldn't say when they were coming or what they were, just that it was not happening on March 20.

I did not inquire about Vero, HHI, or GCV as far as the price increase is concerned.[/QUOTE]

I'm doing a double take here. Did she say that NEW restrictions were coming for anyone buying a resale contract after this March 20?
heynowirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #8
dwight16
Mouseketeer

i went on the wait list for 25 points addons for BW and BC it came out to about 2850 for 25 points he just took my info that was it i am paying cash since its 25 points. he also is going to back date to my use year September so in theory i can bank right away and use 2012,2013,2014 points all at once for the add on.
dwight16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #9
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heynowirv View Post

I did not inquire about Vero, HHI, or GCV as far as the price increase is concerned.
I'm doing a double take here. Did she say that NEW restrictions were coming for anyone buying a resale contract after this March 20?[/QUOTE]

Back in March 2011, resales contracts bought after that date had restrictions placed on them( no use for concierge resorts, collections resorts RCI and cruises). The impending ADDITIONAL restrictions will only affect resales contracts bought after what ever date they announce. Not gonna happen on March 20.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #10
heynowirv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
I'm doing a double take here. Did she say that NEW restrictions were coming for anyone buying a resale contract after this March 20?
Back in March 2011, resales contracts bought after that date had restrictions placed on them( no use for concierge resorts, collections resorts RCI and cruises). The impending ADDITIONAL restrictions will only affect resales contracts bought after what ever date they announce. Not gonna happen on March 20.[/QUOTE]

OK so obviously i don't have any clerical skills..Ha Ha.So the answer is yes more restrictions ARE coming. hummm anyone have any idea what else they will restrict?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #11
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Back in March 2011, resales contracts bought after that date had restrictions placed on them( no use for concierge resorts, collections resorts RCI and cruises). The impending ADDITIONAL restrictions will only affect resales contracts bought after what ever date they announce. Not gonna happen on March 20.[/QUOTE]

My contract was just submitted to Disney for ROFR today. So what happens if they implement these new restrictions before I close on my contract? Do I get screwed with here is your resale contract but good luck trying to use your points? What happened the last time to individuals who were in the middle of purchasing a DVC contract when the first restriction bomb was dropped?
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #12
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
Back in March 2011, resales contracts bought after that date had restrictions placed on them( no use for concierge resorts, collections resorts RCI and cruises). The impending ADDITIONAL restrictions will only affect resales contracts bought after what ever date they announce. Not gonna happen on March 20.
My contract was just submitted to Disney for ROFR today. So what happens if they implement these new restrictions before I close on my contract? Do I get screwed with here is your resale contract but good luck trying to use your points? What happened the last time to individuals who were in the middle of purchasing a DVC contract when the first restriction bomb was dropped?[/QUOTE]

No date has been announced. It not happening on March 20. In the past any contracts that were submitted to ROFR by the date announced were grandfathered in. You have nothing to worry about.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #13
heynowirv
DIS Veteran

As long as the contract was submitted for ROFR by March 20,2011 you were grandfathered and no restrictions were put on your points.I can't imagine it would be any different this time around, I'm just curious what other restrictions they have in mind.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #14
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
So the answer is yes more restrictions ARE coming.
...assuming the Guide was neither misinformed nor lying.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #15
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My contract was just submitted to Disney for ROFR today. So what happens if they implement these new restrictions before I close on my contract? Do I get screwed with here is your resale contract but good luck trying to use your points? What happened the last time to individuals who were in the middle of purchasing a DVC contract when the first restriction bomb was dropped?
No date has been announced. It not happening on March 20. In the past any contracts that were submitted to ROFR by the date announced were grandfathered in. You have nothing to worry about.[/QUOTE]

Ok awesome. Thanks.
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: