Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #16
cressmab
Earning My Ears

is this worth it and do you guys recommend it, for DH and i while the kiddos are in the kids club?
cressmab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #17
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed it. I bought a weeklong pass for myself and my mom ($150) and my biggest problem was finding the time to do it everyday. BUT I was determined to do it every day, not only to get my money's worth, but to make sure I had that little bit of alone/relax time away from the kids. I wish I could have spent longer there, but there is so much to do during the cruise it is hard to fit that time in every day. I loved the showers and the heated loungers, and just sitting in the hot tubs overlooking the ocean. There is also a sauna and a steam room and a turkish bath (the steam room and turkish bath were too hot for me, but the sauna I could handle for a few minutes). I really did find it relaxing. I never found it very crowded at all.

My mom mainly used it for the heated loungers as she has a bad shoulder, back, etc, and she enjoyed reading a book or napping on the loungers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cressmab View Post
is this worth it and do you guys recommend it, for DH and i while the kiddos are in the kids club?
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #18
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshark1958 View Post
If you buy this online before cruise it is 16 dollars if you wait till you are on the ship it is 27 dollars. The wife and I found this out the hardway. We were on the Fantasy so I'm sure it is same for Dream.
This is the first time I've heard of this. I was hoping to wait until I was on board to see if I even have time.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #19
MDennis28
Mouseketeer

Can you buy a 3 day pass on-line prior to the cruise, or just the one day? Can you buy 3 one-days or just the one at the discounted rate? Never been but thinking we "need" to for our September 7 Day Eastern Cruise.
MDennis28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #20
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDennis28 View Post
Can you buy a 3 day pass on-line prior to the cruise, or just the one day? Can you buy 3 one-days or just the one at the discounted rate? Never been but thinking we "need" to for our September 7 Day Eastern Cruise.
It's not a discounted rate. Up until recently, on the ship or pre-sailing it was $16, and they usually had a cruise-long rate (4, 6, 7 days) where you would save a little. Just recently (for me on the Wonder at Christmas) and for several cruisers on the fantasy they started including body scrubs in the week-long pass ($9 each and for a week the package included 5) so it was $144 for one person, and the real deal is for 2 or more it was $190 or so.

Now on the Fantasy they are doing $27/day, which includes one scrub. If you want to do only one day, either buy it early for $16 or pay the $27/scrub. You can buy multiple passes online, but not the multi-day or the pass for two people.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #21
pritbuggs
Earning My Ears

This sounds peaceful.
pritbuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #22
toniosmom
AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s232271 View Post
Do u have to call ? I didn't see them online thanks.
Either call or fax the downloadable order form. You can't see it under excursions. Look where you order gifts for the room (beer packages, etc.) You will see it there.

1974 - Offsite 1976 - Offsite 1997 - Dixie Landings 1998 - Offsite 2008 - All Star Movies - Became new DVC member! March 2009 - SSR - First DVC Vacation!
March 2010 - AKV-Kidani Dec 2010 - BLT Christmas Trip April 2011 - BCV Nov 2011- BWV/DCL Dream March 2013 - BLT/DCL Dream April 2014 - VGF/DCL Dream Sept 2014 - VWL
toniosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #23
caribbeandreaming
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
It's not a discounted rate. Up until recently, on the ship or pre-sailing it was $16, and they usually had a cruise-long rate (4, 6, 7 days) where you would save a little. Just recently (for me on the Wonder at Christmas) and for several cruisers on the fantasy they started including body scrubs in the week-long pass ($9 each and for a week the package included 5) so it was $144 for one person, and the real deal is for 2 or more it was $190 or so.

Now on the Fantasy they are doing $27/day, which includes one scrub. If you want to do only one day, either buy it early for $16 or pay the $27/scrub. You can buy multiple passes online, but not the multi-day or the pass for two people.

Nancy
Do you know how much it is for 2 people if you buy onboard? My DH and I did not have a good experience with the couples massage on our last cruise, so we're hoping to try something different and not so expensive if we end up not liking it.

Last edited by caribbeandreaming; 02-28-2013 at 07:43 AM.
caribbeandreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #24
may_baby06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
My husband and I do the rainforest room every cruise. He loves the saunas and heated loungers so he can sit and be lazy for a while. He usually falls asleep on the loungers.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #25
engle
DIS Veteran

Thank you all for your input. I am still looking for the answer to this question...

If you book a massage, does use of the Rainforest Room come with it??
engle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #26
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeandreaming View Post
Do you know how much it is for 2 people if you buy onboard? My DH and I did not have a good experience with the couples massage on our last cruise, so we're hoping to try something different and not so expensive if we end up not liking it.
There is no discount for 2 unless you buy the pass for the entire cruise, and the pass for the cruise would depend on the number of days. For a 7 day, it used to be $99 for one, and about $150 for 2 people. On my christmas cruise on the Wonder (and the wonder/magic rainforest rooms are much smaller than the Dream/Fantasy) it was $144 w/5 scrubs for one, I think about $190 for 2 people.

If you are just interested in trying it for one day, buy 2 passes online before you go. Posted somewhere here I read that they will let you credit the online purchase to the weeklong.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #27
Reizo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by engle
Thank you all for your input. I am still looking for the answer to this question...

If you book a massage, does use of the Rainforest Room come with it??
I'm not entirely sure, just basing off recent experience but when we arrived on the ship and went to tour the spa knowing we had a massage the next day and told our guide, she added that relaxing in the rainforest room after the massage would be a great addition.

I know it completely was a sales pitch which we bought and used the rainforest room each day but that led me to believe it wasn't included in our massage.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #28
cressmab
Earning My Ears

So if you were doing the 4 night cruise on the dream and could only do one day...what day would you schedule your day pass for?
cressmab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #29
ImDMous
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So if you were doing the 4 night cruise on the dream and could only do one day...what day would you schedule your day pass for?
You don't have to schedule your pass for a particular day. You just take it in there when you want to use it and they will put a sticker on the back of your KTTW card with the date on it. You can come in and use it as many times as you want on that day.

engle: The Rainforest room is not included in any massages or other spa services.

DLR - passholders, as often as possible
WDW - 3 nights Swan May 2008; 7 nights POFQ Aug 2011
DCL - Wonder 4 night Bahamas May 2008, Fantasy 7 night Caribbean May 2012
Wonder Pixar 7 night California Coast Sept 2012, Wonder WBPC 15 night May 2014
ImDMous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #30
MDennis28
Mouseketeer

Scrubs. Hmmm, never been to the spa (except for a horrid manicure with high-pressure sales pitch=never again) but the spa sounds great. Do you like the scrubs? Do you use them in the locker room showers?
MDennis28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: