Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
Henlady
DIS Veteran
 
Henlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,657

Cost of 1 day pass for the Rainforest?

What is the cost of a one day pass for the Rainforest if bought onboard?
I know you can pre-purchase online for $15 + $1 fee. Just wondering if it is same price or more to purchase onboard?
__________________
WDW:1976,1982,1986,1988,1990,1992,1993,1994,1995, 1996,1997,1999,2001,2002,2004,2005,2006(X2),2007, 2008,2009,2010,2011(X2), 2013
WONDER: 10/2005, 11/2007, 5/2010, DREAM: 5/2011, 11/2011, DVC Member Cruise 9/29/13, MAGIC 5 Nights to Canada 9/2/2012, FANTASY: 7 Night Western 4/27/13, Dream DD 11/10/14
Henlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
KingRichard
DIS Veteran
 
KingRichard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henlady View Post
What is the cost of a one day pass for the Rainforest if bought onboard?
I know you can pre-purchase online for $15 + $1 fee. Just wondering if it is same price or more to purchase onboard?
Just off the Fantasy and it was $27!

Couples week long was $190-195.00. Single around $140.
__________________


GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder(Hawaii), Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic, June 14 Wonder(Alaska) 36 NOB
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
neg58
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,664

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRichard View Post
Just off the Fantasy and it was $27!

Couples week long was $190-195.00. Single around $140.
Just wondering. For the $27 did you get any body scrubs? When I went on at Christmas, it was $144 for the single week long, but came with 5 jars of body scrubs, which are $9 (yes NINE) so that's the old $99 rate plus $45 in scrubs. There was no weekly rate without the scrubs.

So I'm just trying to figure out why it would have gone up $10 so quickly.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
Genie-In-Training
Earning My Ears
 
Genie-In-Training's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henlady View Post
What is the cost of a one day pass for the Rainforest if bought onboard?
I know you can pre-purchase online for $15 + $1 fee. Just wondering if it is same price or more to purchase onboard?
I had asked the DISboards if they thought it was better to pre-purchase a day pass, or buy onboard. Some people told me they couldn't buy a day pass onboard. Some didn't have a problem. I decided not to chance it. I'm just going to pre-purchase before we go.

Last edited by Genie-In-Training; 02-27-2013 at 10:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Genie-In-Training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
keaster
DIS Veteran
 
keaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ontario, Can.
Posts: 961

Where can you purchase them online?
__________________


DCL Gold, Baby!
Caribbean Magic - February 2009
Bahamas Wonder - September 2009
Mediterranean Magic - May 2010
Mexico Wonder - March 2011
Bahamas Dream - July 2011
Caribbean Fantasy - March 2013


Our DVC Adventures!AKL Jambo - March 2012/AKL Kidani - August 2012/BLT - March 2013/SSR Treehouse - August 2013/AKL Kidani - March 2014/VGF - June 2014
keaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
Lauralooneyfordisney
DIS Veteran
 
Lauralooneyfordisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,039

On the Disney cruise line website there is an option of In Room Gifts and it is under there.
__________________
2000 All Star Movies, 2008 Pop Century, 2010 Caribbean Beach, 2011 Disney Magic, 2012 Vero Beach, 2013 POP & Disney Fantasy
Lauralooneyfordisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
kshark1958
Mouseketeer
 
kshark1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 313

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
Just wondering. For the $27 did you get any body scrubs? When I went on at Christmas, it was $144 for the single week long, but came with 5 jars of body scrubs, which are $9 (yes NINE) so that's the old $99 rate plus $45 in scrubs. There was no weekly rate without the scrubs.

So I'm just trying to figure out why it would have gone up $10 so quickly.

Nancy
The wife and I just got back from a Fantasy cruise and were charged 27 dollars each. we received the body scrubs. We didn't ask for them they just gave them to us. Don't know if we would have been charged 16 dollars if we said we didn't want body scrubs. From what I heard from at least one other person on our cruise they were also charged a different price for a manicure.
__________________
Kevin & Lorraine



1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #8
neg58
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,664

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshark1958 View Post
The wife and I just got back from a Fantasy cruise and were charged 27 dollars each. we received the body scrubs. We didn't ask for them they just gave them to us. Don't know if we would have been charged 16 dollars if we said we didn't want body scrubs. From what I heard from at least one other person on our cruise they were also charged a different price for a manicure.
That's the difference in price then. Those little jars of scrubs are $9/ea, so the $27 is the $16 plus the scrubs, plus an extra $2. On the Wonder at Christmas, the option of 'no scrubs' was not given to me, but all week in the Rainforest I never saw anyone with them but me so they all must have talked their way into another deal or had prepurchased the day online.

I know Disney charges a lot for all kinds of things, but I have to say I think the spa is the worst. I didn't enjoy any of the workers in there. When I made an appointment for my kids to have the teen nails/facial, a service THEY offered, I thought they were pretty rude about it. If they don't want to do kids, don't offer it on the list of services. My kids didn't even like the job they did (and I've read a lot of complaints about the manicures on DIS).

I like the Rainforest, but if they are going to make it too difficult to do, I'll skip it.

Nancy

Last edited by neg58; 02-27-2013 at 04:11 PM. Reason: wrong number
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #9
maryliz
The Whoosh Fairy RULEs, the Bloat Fairy DROOLs!
(the tag fairy rules, too!)
 
maryliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 2,758

Quick question .... if we purchase the day pass ahead of time, do we have to specify when purchasing WHICH day we want to use it, or can we wait until we're on board and show up one day with our passes?

I will have a mani/pedi before we leave for the trip, so I will likely do the body scrub, just for something extra.
__________________
MaryLiz

Me DH DD DS
maryliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #10
sbag
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Ontario
Posts: 113

Maryliz, we bought four passes for our upcoming Fantasy cruise at $16 each through the onboard gifts. We don't have to specify which days we want to go, and the passes should be in our room when we get there.
sbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #11
PrettyPrincessJen
AKA "MomBomb"
 
PrettyPrincessJen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbag
Maryliz, we bought four passes for our upcoming Fantasy cruise at $16 each through the onboard gifts. We don't have to specify which days we want to go, and the passes should be in our room when we get there.
I agree with PP. I just purchased ours today at 16 ea. for the Fantasy. I was asked what personal message I'd like to include on the passes. Mine will say RELAX AND ENJOY. From Capt. Mickey. I was told gifts can be personalized from a character as long as its Non-alcoholic.
__________________
PrettyPrincessJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #12
Genie-In-Training
Earning My Ears
 
Genie-In-Training's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryliz View Post
Quick question .... if we purchase the day pass ahead of time, do we have to specify when purchasing WHICH day we want to use it, or can we wait until we're on board and show up one day with our passes?

I will have a mani/pedi before we leave for the trip, so I will likely do the body scrub, just for something extra.
That subject came up too. Most people said they did not have to choose a day. A few said they did. People were frustrated DCL's booking policy was not uniform.
Genie-In-Training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #13
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran
 
su_A_ve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,136

I purchased a couple for me and DW for our Feb Wonder cruise. Pass is good for one day, any day of the cruise. I did stop by the spa area to ask about this in any case. They mention a day pass would be $16 and it would include some salts. But the pre booked one did not include this...
__________________
'77, '84, '94, '00 (SWW) - Off site
'01 (BC), '03 (ASMu), '05 (BC), '06 (YC), '08 (YC), '08 (CSR Xmas),
'09 (CSR), '10 (BC), '10 (CSR Xmas), '11 (BC), '11 (CSR), '12 (5n Dream DD),
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #14
lucyem
DIS Veteran
 
lucyem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,989

Ah yes. The only consistency is their inconsistency.
__________________
lucyem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #15
canyoncam
Mouseketeer
 
canyoncam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie-In-Training

I had asked the DISboards if they thought it was better to pre-purchase a day pass, or buy onboard. Some people told me they couldn't buy a day pass onboard. Some didn't have a problem. I decided not to chance it. I'm just going to pre-purchase before we go.
Forgot to quote what this was in response to nut it was cost of day pass.
I think it may vary by how full a cruise is (and maybe just how the staff feels on that cruise!). I went on the Fantasy last May to the Eastern Caribbean at about a 98% full ship. Was $36 for the day pass on board. Went on Fanasty in Sept to Western Caribbean on significantly less full ship and it was under $30...27 or 25 can't remember for sure. I hadn't bought before the May sailing and didn't want to spend that much so I bought for Sept then was surprised by the difference though still cheaper before hand so I was happy I had. And I will for my upcoming cruise in May.
canyoncam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.