Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Walt Disney World Today Ch. 19 Music

Our efforts to secure a copy of the mesmerizingly marvelous music that airs 24/7 on Walt Disney World Today, the WDW hotels' Ch. 19 TV track, resulted in this reply:

"Thank you for your interest in acquiring the music from our in-room Walt Disney World Today television station. Unfortunately, due to licensing agreements, the music is not available for sale or copy. We apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to hosting you back at the resort to relax and enjoy the soothing music again and again! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to try to assist you in the future. Have a grand day."

Why the music isn't avaiable on CD for sale is beyond us. Perhaps some consider it nothing more than "background music." To us, however, it is much more. And fellow DISers, what do you think?

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (41 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Dolphin
BC1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #2
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

This is a great site and it is pretty complete. We have been able to listen to many of our most favorite loops. I don't think it has the current TV offerings, but there are older ones.

http://www.d-cot.com/

The music can't be downloaded but it makes for a great "background" music while on the computer.

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsd8700 View Post
This is a great site and it is pretty complete. We have been able to listen to many of our most favorite loops. I don't think it has the current TV offerings, but there are older ones.

The music can't be downloaded but it makes for a great "background" music while on the computer.
Thanks! We discovered the musical site you recommended four years ago after asking our music quest question. Alas, no Ch. 19 music. Perhaps we are the only ones who find the Walt Disney World Today music track uniquely arresting. We'll have to wait until April to hear it again...in our room.

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (41 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Dolphin
Old 02-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
Thanks! We discovered the musical site you recommended four years ago after asking our music quest question. Alas, no Ch. 19 music. Perhaps we are the only ones who find the Walt Disney World Today music track uniquely arresting. We'll have to wait until April to hear it again...in our room.

All the best.
I know what you mean! I feel the same way about the background music at EPCOT Future World too. I think Disney just doesn't comprehend what makes us superfans excited LOL.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
aaylasecura
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsd8700 View Post

I cannot even begin to express my gratitude towards your knowledge. If I could hug you I would (not trying to be creepy). I've been so sad since disradio.com shut down and now I can live again!
Old 02-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #6
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
I know what you mean! I feel the same way about the background music at EPCOT Future World too. I think Disney just doesn't comprehend what makes us superfans excited LOL.
It is always a pleasure to read a response from a fellow "For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" thread member!

Indeed, sharadoc, music is the key element which brings all other sensory aspects of WDW together in an unforgettable experience. I assume that some Disney execs merely see WDW as a place where steel, glass, aluminum, rubber and paint form structures and generate income. Nothing wrong with that; as a matter of fact, some folks need to be focused on the bottom line. But there are additional aspects of WDW that can be shared -- and commercially shared -- for that matter. Ch. 19 music is one of them.

All the best.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: