Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #16
knitdiva
Mouseketeer

My DS8 has been to the CBR, CSR, BC, Poly and GF (spoiled I know).
His request for 2011 and 2012 mother and son trip: CBR.
His favorite memories of the resort, the nice quiet walk in the morning from Trinidad south to Old Port Royale, the pool and the bounty platter for breakfast!

Enjoy your trip!

We will be at CBR on Saturday
knitdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:22 AM   #17
Tink415
DIS Veteran

We stayed at CBR this past December and I was reminded of how beautiful the resort is. It just makes me happy to be there Our room was in great condition. The outlet by the sink wasn't working, but we didn't need it so it didn't bother me. No complaints about the transportation. The price was also about $150 less for our 3 night stay than the other moderates. The view when we walked out of our room was just gorgeous!

Our favorites at Disney are BC, Poly, AKL, CBR, CSR, POR. We own DVC at OKW. CBR was the first resort we stayed at so it holds a special place in our hearts

Have a great vacation!
Tink415 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #18
growinupdisney
DIS Veteran

We stayed at CBR in April 2011 and loved it was our 2nd time staying there. Last time was about 6 years before that. I can't remember what section we were in but we were not in a preferred section. Our walk to the food court was not bad, the buses were great there was one time we had a long wait but that was because it was around noon and not as many buses were running then. My daughter had her chin busted open on our last night there and the lifeguards as well as the paramedics were wonderful. We loved the pool, my kids especially. Would definitely stay again!!

There is no better place on Earth than Walt Disney World!
growinupdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #19
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epcotgal View Post
When I listened to the DIS podcast last week they talked about how the CBR rooms need refurbishing. I guess it depends on the room you get?
I'm going to say a lot of that is because they also did POR and POFQ which have been refurb lately. It wasn't like they threw the resort under the bus just said the rooms needed a facelift.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #20
miket11
Earning My Ears

We just returned from 6 nights at CBR. We absolutely loved it. This was our third trip to Disney (ASM 2007 and AKL 2009) CBR is our favorite of the 3. We stayed in Martinique bldg 26. It was a great location. Our kids 10 & 8 enjoyed the pool as much as the parks. Everyday they have several pool activities starting at 1:00. Also at 7:00 they show a Disney movie outside by Centertown. We never had a bus problem, maybe we were lucky. Our room was just fine. The resort is huge, but that is one reason we loved it so much, you dont feel crowded. When we return to Disney we will be staying at CBR.
miket11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #21
SecondStarTilMorning
Earning My Ears

Tom Bricker over at the Disney tourist blog gave CBR a great review. Google it if you are interested!
SecondStarTilMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #22
Jennifer124
Mouseketeer

We stayed at CBR for seven nights on our first trip in 2010. My husband and I traveled frequently with our jobs and as such were hotel snobs. We never would have tolerated outside access rooms OR the old-style colorful comforters that have been replaced by the duvet covers in most hotel chains. However, this is what you are going to get at CBR ... but you are not going to care. The kids are going to love the Nemo bedding. The outside access didn't bother us in the slightest on Disney property as opposed to a busy urban area. The rooms at CBR are enormous, and the double sinks are a plus too. You are completely correct in that the pool area is fantastic. You absolutely made the right choice in getting a preferred room - we did not, and we did grab & go breakfast every day, meaning my husband had a HUGE hike every morning. We won't make that mistake twice. Yes, the bus makes a ton of stops, but it's not trip-ruining by any means. I think you'll have a great time. We have since stayed at All-Star Movies, and I definitely preferred the moderate because of the bigger rooms and the incomparably better pools. We are staying at Coronado Springs in October, but that's not a knock on CBR. We just wanted a different experience. Enjoy!
Jennifer124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #23
Ochio
Mouseketeer

We stayed in a preferred room in Martinique last July. While the furnishings were acceptable, I did think the room had an overall "run down" appearance. In the bathroom there were several old holes in the wall showing where the toilet paper dispenser and towel racks had been replaced, same thing at the door where the bolt was attached. Many scrapes/scratches on the doors and frames. Even in the walkways it was easy to see where paint had peeled and been painted over. Are these "picky" things? Probably so. But they did make an impression on me. You can only repaint things so much before it just looks bad. I think the resort is old and it may be beginning to show.
Ochio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #24
cowcrazy65
Mouseketeer

10 days at CBR

We just got back from WDW and stayed at CBR. We had a water view of the lake. BEAUTIFUL ...We rented a Surrey and rode around. My DH and our friend both rented a boat and drove all over the lakes. The pool was amazing. All the kids seemed to love it. 2 hot tubs. We only waited at most 5 minutes for a bus to take us to our parks, no matter if it was early am or mid afternoon. We had short waits at the parks to go back to CBR. The rooms are very clean, plenty of towels. The food court was nice and the food plenty, the couple of times we ate there. It is a moderate resort, but much better then any motel 6 I have ever stayed at. We had did see several of the other resorts, outside and CBR was very nice and I actually liked it better. Glad we went with it instead of a value, for sure.
cowcrazy65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: