Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #16
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted in Halifax View Post
Very tempting!
Aw, c'mon Ted.....book another trip . Then we'll set up a Dismeet in DTD and all have a (root)beer together .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #17
grantclaire
Mouseketeer

We are going Aug 1st to the 5th. Boys only mini vacation. Never been in the summer. Have friends who go every year in August and love it. Staying offsite at Vistana Villages. Flying out of Buffalo.
March 2003 - offsite [COLOR="navy"]March 2004[/COLOR] - offsite March 2006 - offsite March 2007 - offsite March 2008 - 4 night Wonder March 2009 - offsite Xmas 2009 - 4 night Wonder March 2010 - Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge January 2010 - offsite [/FONT] March 2011 - 4 night Dream January 2012 - Beach Club July 2012 - 5 Night Magic
March 2013 4 Night Dream cruise[B]August 2013 [/B]Vistana Villages December 2013 Clearwater Marriott/Vistana Villages Orlando- March 2014 Vistana Villages
grantclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #18
mickeywho?
I think when they became trendy people just assumed the spellings
Gotta love those mounties!

We're heading down in August - for 2 weeks! Can't wait!!! We have POFQ and BC booked but we may change those if a deal comes out.
March 2014 - Vero Beach Christmas & New Years 2013 - 2014 August 2013 - POFQ & Beach Club for summer heat! March 2013 - Dream Cruise and Vero Beach with our best buds!March 2012 - Vero Beach Christmas 2011 New Year's 2012 - VWL Mar 2011 - 1st time at Vero!Oct 2010 - SSR F&W with the inlaws!May 2010 - Poly & SWW with my big guy!! Christmas and New Years 2009-2010 - HHI Nov 2009 - Just me and my little guy at BWV Jan 2009 - Cruised the Wonder, BCV with best friends! Mar 2008 - "No Kiddies" trip to BWV Feb 2008 - SSR & BWV Aug 2007 - Poly (concierge!) Feb 2007- OKW GV with my family Feb 2006 - POR & WL - first trip with the 4 of us! May 1999 - CSR - first trip with the 3 of us!

(DH) (Me!) (DS16) (DS12) English cocker puppy!
mickeywho? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #19
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

If it hasn't already been mentioned yet, we have a fun group of August planners over on the Theme Parks Attractions board as well, if you want to join in:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2990170

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899
Old 03-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #20
Celidh
DIS Veteran

We booked a bb offer last October for fd. We have 10 days booked this August. Unfortunately, we decided that it would just be toooo expensive. It is looking like our flights will cost the same amount pretty much as the whole 10 days, two rooms at pop and tickets.

We have changed our plans to drive to Ontario instead. I am looking forward to it but am very, very bummed about not going to Disney. We are taking the kids to Canada's Wonderland for a couple of days (they have never been) and renting a cottage for a week.

I haven't had the guts to cancel my trip yet. I better get going or I will lose deposit.

Celidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #21
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celidh View Post
We booked a bb offer last October for fd. We have 10 days booked this August. Unfortunately, we decided that it would just be toooo expensive. It is looking like our flights will cost the same amount pretty much as the whole 10 days, two rooms at pop and tickets.

We have changed our plans to drive to Ontario instead. I am looking forward to it but am very, very bummed about not going to Disney. We are taking the kids to Canada's Wonderland for a couple of days (they have never been) and renting a cottage for a week.

I haven't had the guts to cancel my trip yet. I better get going or I will lose deposit.
Awww... That's a drag! But you still have almost four months before you have to cancel it right? We booked the same BB beginning Aug. 18., so early July is when we have to cancel.

Maybe if you hold out a little longer airfare may drop??
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #22
KandyM
Mouseketeer

Have you guys told your kids yet? We haven't but I think we will around Easter. I don't really know what is the best timeframe to tell but I DO want them to have some time to enjoy the planning. Our youngest is 8 so I think she could handle the wait even if we told her now.
KandyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #23
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KandyM View Post
Have you guys told your kids yet? We haven't but I think we will around Easter. I don't really know what is the best timeframe to tell but I DO want them to have some time to enjoy the planning. Our youngest is 8 so I think she could handle the wait even if we told her now.
Right from the time he was small, we always told our DS where were going and when. We like having him involved in the planning process.......our getaways (even the ones close to home) are family experiences so we all like to have each other's input. Plus, it always gave him time to budget and save for his souvenirs or shopping.....things like setting aside birthday money, allowance, etc. Never hurts to give kids the opportunity to budget and plan.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #24
World Showcaser
DIS Veteran

I have updated our list in our OP. Welcome aboard, August Canucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celidh View Post

Have you looked into driving? That's what we are doing from NB. It is way cheaper and it's probably not that much further for you to drive there as to drive to Toronto.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #25
CerysG
Mouseketeer

We'll be at Disney from Agust 24th to 31 at the CBR!
CerysG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #26
Martini Mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KandyM View Post
We once surprised our kids with a trip to Disneyland. My husband and I had so much fun planning the surprise! We woke them bright and early on a school day and told them they had to get up because we were going to Disneyland. They didn't believe us at first To this day they still talk about it as being their favourite holiday! We also surprised them with a limo that met us at the airport and on the day they thought they were flying home we took the train to San Diego for 3 days. It was pure magic. I don't think we could pull it off a second time, they are too smart for that now, but it sure was fun!

It will be great no matter how/when you tell them. Have fun!
Martini Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #27
Martini Mom
Earning My Ears

We just booked our tickets. We will be there Aug. 16-26 at AoA. We are a family of 5 from BC: me, husband, daughter 15 and twin boys, 11. I am a little worried about the heat...the rain we can handle!!
Martini Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #28
World Showcaser
DIS Veteran

I've updated our list again in the OP. My, there sure are a lot of us!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #29
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Showcaser View Post
I've updated our list again in the OP. My, there sure are a lot of us!
lol, we have almost enough of us there during that final week of August that we could have a Canadian Dismeet at DTD!

Old 03-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #30
shermomof5
Earning My Ears

We are offsite in a wheelchair accessible home from July 20-Aug 5
and then off to Bay Lake Towers from August 6-17th.
shermomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: