Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 12:40 AM   #1
scottibb
Earning My Ears

advice on RSR plan-I've been studying!

OK-I've spent many happy hours reviewing all the advice. I know not to get my 40 inch 3 year old too excited cause he'll have to be measured numerous times. I know that for our early entry to DCA next Wednesday we should use the main entrance and not the GC entrance. Early entry starts at 9, so we will arrive at 8:30 and proceed using the far right technique to ride RSR right away. If the ride is not running initially in the morning, it likely will be a while so just skip it at that point, right? (is that still happening frequently?) After that I will send off my kids with relatives to ride TSMM while I get in the EE RSR FP line. Does this all sound right?

I am concerned about the next FP enforcement as my son absolutely goes back to the hotel for a nap from like 12 or 1 to 2 or 3. Any advice on what to do if FP distribution says 1 when I get to the machine??

Also, on non-DCA EE days we will be in Fantasyland during MM (starts at 9). If I head over to the RSR FP line getting there at 10 am (regular opening), will the FP already likely be gone? What time would be best to head over if I'm still trying to take advantage of MM? Also, during the fall (when my son was too small too ride, thus the intensity of the timing and questions-also because my husband won't be with me), the tickets of the entire party had to be activated at DCA (not just disneyland) before getting FP for RSR. It seems like I have heard guests more recently talk about taking their whole parties' tickets to DCA while the people are still at MM disneyland and being able to get FP.

On these non-EE DCA days, is it better to use the GC hotel entrance (I'd be coming from disneyland, not the hotel itself anyway)?

Thanks for your patience with this post and to all of you who seem to answer these endless questions for the Disney-obsessed. Thanks!
scottibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:48 AM   #2
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

If RSR isn't running in the morning, yes, skip it at that point, and try getting onto Luigi's or Mater's if you're interested. Get into the FP line 5 minutes before the park officially opens.

Unfortunately I haven't been at the parks since FP enforcement started so I can't help you with that issue

On non-DCA EE days, you may or may not have a chance of getting the RSR FPs with a 10 AM opening. Reason is that the park hours are shorter, which means less FP slots. I would head over about 9:50am with the hopes that you'll be in the FP line shortly after 10. As long as the tickets of the entire party is activated in either park, you will be able to get all your FPs.

On non-EE DCA days, that's a TON of walking to try to get from the Esplanade, through GC's DTD entrance, through security check, and into DCA. I would just wait it out at the main entrance.

Hope this helps!
mysteriouspnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:39 AM   #3
Rubygoose
Everybody's got a laughing place

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottibb View Post
OK-I've spent many happy hours reviewing all the advice. I know not to get my 40 inch 3 year old too excited cause he'll have to be measured numerous times. I know that for our early entry to DCA next Wednesday we should use the main entrance and not the GC entrance. Early entry starts at 9, so we will arrive at 8:30 and proceed using the far right technique to ride RSR right away. If the ride is not running initially in the morning, it likely will be a while so just skip it at that point, right? (is that still happening frequently?) After that I will send off my kids with relatives to ride TSMM while I get in the EE RSR FP line. Does this all sound right?

I am concerned about the next FP enforcement as my son absolutely goes back to the hotel for a nap from like 12 or 1 to 2 or 3. Any advice on what to do if FP distribution says 1 when I get to the machine??

Also, on non-DCA EE days we will be in Fantasyland during MM (starts at 9). If I head over to the RSR FP line getting there at 10 am (regular opening), will the FP already likely be gone? What time would be best to head over if I'm still trying to take advantage of MM? Also, during the fall (when my son was too small too ride, thus the intensity of the timing and questions-also because my husband won't be with me), the tickets of the entire party had to be activated at DCA (not just disneyland) before getting FP for RSR. It seems like I have heard guests more recently talk about taking their whole parties' tickets to DCA while the people are still at MM disneyland and being able to get FP.

On these non-EE DCA days, is it better to use the GC hotel entrance (I'd be coming from disneyland, not the hotel itself anyway)?

Thanks for your patience with this post and to all of you who seem to answer these endless questions for the Disney-obsessed. Thanks!
When your 3 year old goes for a nap, will everyone go in for a nap? If not, you could still get the 1pm fastpass and then get a rider swap card. The CMs like to see the "baby" though in order to give out the card, so that might not work. If the sign says 1pm, you could just let a few people go ahead of you in line and watch the time go up to 3pm, or whenever nap time ends.
Rubygoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: