Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
nuge67
Mouseketeer

No hot water and poor maid service at Pop=free rooms and passes

Many recall that I posted some time ago that for two days straight we had no hot water and that my son got sick, threw up on one bed and we called maid services, 3 hours later he threw up on the other bed and a call down to the front desk result in another 2 hour wait, in which we had two stained sheets for 6 hours, you get the idea..........

Anyway, I wrote a note to Disney, including the Pres and VP and received a nice letter back providing us with few free nights along with park hopper passes for the same amount of nights good through 2030!!!

Now that is what one would call great customer service!!!!

Last edited by nuge67; 03-16-2013 at 09:03 AM.
nuge67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Excellent! Good for you!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

After a day without hot water, I would have insisted on switching hotels!
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
hpfan100
DIS Veteran

what a nice little perk...hope you are able to enjoy your next adventure at Disney. WOW two days with no hot water...I wouldn't like that at all.

~~Amy~~ Lexi Baby
~~Jeff~~ Mickey
WDW/WWoHP June 2010 WDW POP Sept. 2010 DL Oct. 2010 WWoHP July 2011 DLR 24hours Leap Day 2012 WWOHP and WDW Platinum Trip July 2012 DLR annual passholder Sept. 2013-2014, April 2014-2015 WDW and WWoHP May 2013 WDW anniversary March 2014 WWOHP DA July 2014 DLR/WDW Wedding/Disneymoon Oct. 2014

Long Term Goal is to stay at all Disney Hotels...so far I've been to.....
All Star Movies-1, All Star Music-1, Pop-1, Coronado Springs-1, Animal Kingdom Lodge -2, Disneyland Hotel-1, Paradise Pier-3
hpfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
mmmears
DIS Veteran

I'm glad that Disney tried to make things right for you. 2 days with no hot water is definitely not something any paying guest of a hotel should have to put up with...

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #6
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Glad you were compensated! We have always found Disney to go above and beyond to make things right.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #7
momof4minnies
Mouseketeer

Your poor son (and you). I can understand not changing hotels since your son was sick. I'm glad to hear Disney execs. stepped up to the plate. Really... how much is that comp going to cost them? But, it probably means the world to you.

Hopefully you and your soon will be able to return soon and enjoy what ya'll missed out on... without any sickness or other probs. Let us know when you book your next trip and how well it goes.

1971 WDW opening year
several visits to DL as a wee one
Oct 1998 Poly
Jun 2000 CBR
Aug 2001 CR
Jul 2003 CR
June 2004 GF CL
Jun 2005 CR CL
Jul 2007 GF CL
Nov 2008 WL CL
Jun 2009 DL Hyatt
Nov 2011 WL CL - DD Sweet 16
Jun 2013 BW CL - 2nd DD Sweet 16
NEXT TRIP DEC 2014 WL CL - CHRISTMAS
momof4minnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #8
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

How good of them. I have to say that is one reason I worry less about bad things happening on Disney trips.... because yes it can happen but if you take the right steps they normally compensate you well for the problems. I hope you enjoy your next stay
Blessedwithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #9
jhryb
DIS Veteran

I certainly remember your original post. Thank you very much for the update.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #10
mrskirk
Earning My Ears

Wow! That is absolutely awesome. Sounds like it was a really crappy time during your stay. Our worst experience at Disney was before we had children. It was my husband and I only. A room at the Contemporary. We kept the do not disturb sign up the whole time, because we really didn't make a mess and I just didn't want anyone in our room. We came back for an afternoon nap one day and two "mousekeepers" walked in on us with the sign up on the door. We reported the incident. The women ran out and we couldn't find them anywhere. Nothing happened. We reported and reported. We were a bit disturbed that they were walking in our room like that especially with a sign on the door. Why would they? Crazy.

So happy you received some compensation for all your problems. Sounds really horrible!
mrskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #11
ironpig70
DIS Veteran

I love the customer service that I get from Disney.

Years ago we had a death in the family a week before our trip and we didnt get any trip insurance. I called to cancel and was told the penalty I would incur. I was also told I could move my trip out and not take a penalty. Really great service.
ironpig70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #12
cymbaldiva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuge67 View Post
Many recall that I posted some time ago that for two days straight we had no hot water and that my son got sick, threw up on one bed and we called maid services, 3 hours later he threw up on the other bed and a call down to the front desk result in another 2 hour wait, in which we had two stained sheets for 6 hours, you get the idea..........

Anyway, I wrote a note to Disney, including the Pres and VP and received a nice letter back providing us with few free nights along with park hopper passes for the same amount of nights good through 2030!!!

Now that is what one would call great customer service!!!!
Wow...congrats on being over-compensated...?
Old 03-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #13
dp911
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymbaldiva

Wow...congrats on being over-compensated...?
Wow your standards must be low.
dp911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #14
cymbaldiva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp911 View Post
Wow your standards must be low.
Not at all - based on the original post that they were completely over-compensated.

No hot water; request at room change.

Sick child; not Disney's fault.

Free nights plus free park-hoppers for either/both of the above? Ridiculously over-compensated.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:41 AM   #15
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskirk View Post
Wow! That is absolutely awesome. Sounds like it was a really crappy time during your stay. Our worst experience at Disney was before we had children. It was my husband and I only. A room at the Contemporary. We kept the do not disturb sign up the whole time, because we really didn't make a mess and I just didn't want anyone in our room. We came back for an afternoon nap one day and two "mousekeepers" walked in on us with the sign up on the door. We reported the incident. The women ran out and we couldn't find them anywhere. Nothing happened. We reported and reported. We were a bit disturbed that they were walking in our room like that especially with a sign on the door. Why would they? Crazy.

So happy you received some compensation for all your problems. Sounds really horrible!
How does someone walk in your room with the door latched?
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: