Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Standard @ CBR or Preferred Pool @ Pop?

Only $100 difference.......Have been to Pop and CSR and thought with that small a difference it might be nice to try a different resort. Still can't figure out why a moderate resort has double beds but what the heck.......Thoughts? I know with CBR being so huge we'll be doing a lot of walking. What would be the best non-preferred building to request? I need to look at the map to see how close the main pool and main buildings are to each other. Thanks for any input

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 10
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemom View Post
Only $100 difference.......Have been to Pop and CSR and thought with that small a difference it might be nice to try a different resort. Still can't figure out why a moderate resort has double beds but what the heck.......Thoughts? I know with CBR being so huge we'll be doing a lot of walking. What would be the best non-preferred building to request? I need to look at the map to see how close the main pool and main buildings are to each other. Thanks for any input
Having stayed at both CBR and POP, my family would pick POP every time between the two.

We had tried CBR because free dining at the time made it pretty close in cost to POP and we spent the whole time wishing we had stuck with POP.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

i enjoy all levels of the WDW resorts. imo the values are rather compact for longer trips, both in the accommodations and the public areas. Moderates allow some room to roam and provide a less frenzied atmosphere.

I had a value booked for a summer trip, but couldn't pass up being able to upgrade for approx $7 a day to the CBR. it'll be our first trip there and while it doesn't seem to get much attention (or love) here, it sure looks lovely to me.

fyi, here's the link to the current CBR thread...there are some new developments as to possible room upgrades and helpful hints for building requests.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3032047

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:05 PM   #4
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
CBR is our favorite moderate. Since our DS has gotten older, we will always pick a moderate over a value if the budget allows. We love the laid back relaxed feel at CBR, it's such a nice change from the craziness of the parks. We usually have 2 days of our trip set aside to sleep in and enjoy the resort and it's amenities. Our DS loves the main pool and we have a hard time getting him out of it to go to the parks. The food court is great and set up nicely for multiple people getting different things.

Jamaica 45, Aruba 51 and Martinique 21, 22, 23 are all non-preferred and very close to OPR and the main pool. Jamaica 45 is our absolute favorite. It's a very short (3-4 minutes) walk across the bridge to OPR and main pool. Plus it's a beautiful stroll.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:18 PM   #5
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

dansdad, Can you tell me why Jamaica 45 is your favorite? Just curious if it is location or what. We always set aside a resort day and CBR does look like it would be relaxing. Wonder how often they are able to honor the specific building requests.....by the way, the look of the food court is very appealing. For a minute I actually thought it was outside!

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 10
Old 03-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #6
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
dansdad, Can you tell me why Jamaica 45 is your favorite? Just curious if it is location or what. We always set aside a resort day and CBR does look like it would be relaxing. Wonder how often they are able to honor the specific building requests.....by the way, the look of the food court is very appealing. For a minute I actually thought it was outside!
Well for one we like the Yellow coloring of the buildings.

And then there's the location. I love walking across the bridge in the AM as the sun is coming up.

Here's the bridge.

Here are some shots from the bridge.

And our son liked to stop off here while I continued on for the breakfast run.

We've been able to get our 2 requests met our last 3 trips to CBR, Jamaica 45 and 2nd floor.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #7
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much dansdad! What time of year have you gone? This would be June 5-13. My son turns 13 on 6-26 and I thought he would like it here. I'm with you on that yellow and the second floor sounds good to me!

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 10
Old 03-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #8
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much dansdad! What time of year have you gone? This would be June 5-13. My son turns 13 on 6-26 and I thought he would like it here. I'm with you on that yellow and the second floor sounds good to me!
You're very welcome. We have always gone in October, around the last week. Our son's birthday is the end of October, there's Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Food and Wine festival.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #9
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Just wondering if it might be more difficult to get a building request granted in June.......wishing for pixie dust if we do switch and I am certainly leaning that way......

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 10
Old 03-19-2013, 11:57 PM   #10
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just wondering if it might be more difficult to get a building request granted in June.......wishing for pixie dust if we do switch and I am certainly leaning that way......
Not sure. But our last couple trips have been during Free Dining and I know from talking to a couple CMs that CBR was booked to capacity. So here's hoping.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: