Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
brooke789
Mouseketeer

Anyone taken a BOB Dualie (or other large double jogger)?

We'll be taking our BOB Revolution Dualie. It folds easier, but not very small, but I'm not sure how it'll be getting on the bus/boat/etc with it.

Anyone done it before?

The rental double does NOT look like it would work for us because I don't think my 2 year old twins would like touching each other in it.
brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

We have a bob duallie and it has made 5 of our 6 trips to WDW, but...... We drive to the parks when we use it. We also have a double maclaren that we use when we take WDW transportation. The bob is great in the patks but a nightmare on the buses. It has such a bulky fold you will not be popular in the mornings and the evenings when the uses are busy. As far as boats, during our WL lodge stay, it was way too difficult to fold onto the smaller boat. We have also been asked twice now to fold it for the monorail. I would rent an offsite citi mini. Honestly, your life will be much less stressful when you travel to the parks. It doesn't push quite as well but it's close, has a fantastic easy fold, full recline, and a fantastic canopy.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
shopgirl78
Mouseketeer

We used a baby jogger city double which we rented from Orlando strollers. I brought my single maclaren on the airport...had seats for all three in Disney didnt need it in the airport. Luckily we stayed at a monorail hotel and there was no real stroller issues. It was so easier to get it on and off...no folding. They are a PITA on the buses. Some airlines (American) will not let you gate check it. It's a great stroller for the park tho. I loved pushing the double compared to the maclaren. I have a dualie at home, rented for the ease of the situation.
March 2015 DCL/AoA

8 years 6 years 4 years
shopgirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
brooke789
Mouseketeer

We'll actually be traveling with our BOB either way (we're going to Disney by way of Sarasota for a few days and I'll need the stroller there). I did get the link to the other stroller that you can rent for $5 a day. Maybe we should get one of those, but I'm afraid that the ease of knowing how to use mine will make it easier, but we will be riding a bus from the resort...
brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #5
Shanna-like-Banana
DIS Veteran

While we dont have our own BOB, we have rented a dualie 3x, and it's been nothing short of WONDERFUL.

Yes, folding it for the bus is not the most delightful thing in the world, but what double really is ?

We've never had to fold it for the monorail. We just roll right in with the boys in tow and roll right off.

We've taken it on the ferry to Poly once, and we rolled it on, the just the same as the monorail.

We've taken it on the trolley in the AK parking lot, just sit in the rows that have the double bench

The only place I can really thing it was a bear was the train in MK. Really it was the CM there that made things way worse than they needed to be. You have to totally fold it down, even while waiting in the line. The lanes are so narrow, we had to carry it side stepping. Then when the train pulled up, the CM on the back to the train told dh "follow me, I've got a spot for ya back here" we walk all the way to the very back and the guy just hops on the platform, we're standing there looking at him going , and then he just says, " oh, no not back here, you just have to find somewhere for it to fit in the seat with you " DH was , not funny !
Shanna-like-Banana is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: