Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
momofEAP
Earning My Ears

Only one day at MK!

We only have one day at Disney! I am trying to decide if it is worth it to do the PhotoPass/+. It is our first (and probably only trip) to the Magic Kingdom. We have 3 children (2 girls 1 boy). Our son is the youngest and also has Down Syndrome so none of the big wild rides will be on our list. My plan is to use the photographers but my husband is not really thinking he wants to spend the money for the photopass cd. Opinions???
momofEAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #2
pittsburghmarc
DIS Veteran

Hi and Welcome!!!

There is no charge to use the PhotoPass service. Meaning, they will take your photo for free. You only pay if you decide to purchase any photos or photo packages after your trip.

So, walk up to any PhotoPass photographer, let them take your picture with their camera. Then ask them to take a photo with YOUR camera. This is very common, and not looked down upon AT ALL.

Everyone in your family is in the photo. You have the same pose and background as the "professional" photographer. And it's free!

When you get home and review your photos on the PhotoPass website, if you really like one, then buy it. No commitment.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 11:44 PM   #3
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Actually, the OP is asking about the PhotoPass +, which you can pre-order for $149 which gets you all of your PhotoPass pictures as well as ride and dining photos on a CD. But since the OP isn't planning on doing any rides that offer photos, I really don't think it would be worth it. I think it would be better to just buy a few individual pictures.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #4
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Welcome!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #5
Ds4angels
Mouseketeer

You don't have to do the PP+ you could just preorder the regular PP. It's my understanding that if you don't think there are enough good pictures on the CD you can return the prepurchaced CD. (maybe someone could clarify that?)
In MK we had about 150 photos in 1 day on our photo card. We did Tink and Perri, the 3 princesses, Mickey and Goofy for characters and stopped on main street a couple times through out the day and over in Adventure land we met 2 photogs. We got some really great shots of the kids that I didn't even see happening.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #6
momofEAP
Earning My Ears

So, I don't need the Photopass+. Got it, but if we don't purchase the regular photopass then will we be able to print pictures off the website when we get home or will we have to buy the pictures from Disney? Is the cd the only way we would "own" (or have the copyrights to) the pictures that they take with their cameras?

Thanks for all of the welcomes!
momofEAP is offline   Reply With Quote