Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Booking Trip Today For Arrival 3/5..Magical Express

Question: My FIL decided to join on our vacation and we are booking his reservation today to stay on property...how do we handle the magical express since we don't have time to receive magical express documents and tags in the mail?
Oct.2007-WL,Sept.2008-WL,Dec.2009-Polynesian,Oct.2010-AKL_Grand Villa,Sept.2011-Polynesian, Oct.2012-Polynesian,Mar.2013-Polynesian,Nov.2013-VGF_2BR Lake View,May 2014-BWV_1BR BoardwalkView, Dec.2014-VGF_Grand Villa

Mommy2TwoMickeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

As long as he is in the DME system, he can go down to the DME checkin area, upon arrival at MCO. He will go up to the counter and give them ID to prove he is who he says he is. They will print him out a voucher for the bus, and off he goes.
He can either go to baggage claim himself and get his checked bags and bring them to the bus with him, or he can give the claim receipts for the bags to the DME people and they will send someone to get the bags and have them delivered to the resort for him. Up to him how he wants to do it.
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

I would call Magical Express directly, they may be able to FedEx them to you.
SharonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys View Post
Question: My FIL decided to join on our vacation and we are booking his reservation today to stay on property...how do we handle the magical express since we don't have time to receive magical express documents and tags in the mail?
As Sharon mentioned, they can Fed Ex the documents and tags.

We had a split stay between Poly, BWI and AKL booked for last month. While at BWI, we decided to cancel AKL and remain at BWI for the rest of the trip. This required us to make a second BWI reservation, which we did on the evening of 1/30 for a 2/1 check-in. So that's less than 48 hours in advance. When we arrived home after our stay, we found a Fed Ex envelope with ME tags and documents for our 2/1 check-in! They sent the tags to us overnight, because the computer system registered it as a new reservation and didn't understand we were already there. Point is, they can get those things to you quickly, and in our case, they did without us even asking or needing it!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL and CBR
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

I have planned last minute trips before - I just checked my bag at the airport as usual (no ME tag) - and when I arrived at MCO I went straight to the ME counter, gave them my luggage claim ticket and they printed me a boarding pass for the bus. My bag ended up in my room as usual and I was happy to not have to stress with it. When I booked my trip I did check that I wanted to use ME.
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 HKDL Disneyland Hotel * December 2014 HKDL Hollywood Hotel * February 2015 DLRP Newport Bay Club *
New Trip Report Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118

ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #6
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
As Sharon mentioned, they can Fed Ex the documents and tags.

We had a split stay between Poly, BWI and AKL booked for last month. While at BWI, we decided to cancel AKL and remain at BWI for the rest of the trip. This required us to make a second BWI reservation, which we did on the evening of 1/30 for a 2/1 check-in. So that's less than 48 hours in advance. When we arrived home after our stay, we found a Fed Ex envelope with ME tags and documents for our 2/1 check-in! They sent the tags to us overnight, because the computer system registered it as a new reservation and didn't understand we were already there. Point is, they can get those things to you quickly, and in our case, they did without us even asking or needing it!
Do you have the phone # by any chance?
Oct.2007-WL,Sept.2008-WL,Dec.2009-Polynesian,Oct.2010-AKL_Grand Villa,Sept.2011-Polynesian, Oct.2012-Polynesian,Mar.2013-Polynesian,Nov.2013-VGF_2BR Lake View,May 2014-BWV_1BR BoardwalkView, Dec.2014-VGF_Grand Villa

Mommy2TwoMickeys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: