Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
BamaPrincess
Earning My Ears

Which park for third day?

Hi! We purchased the two day/third day free tickets but didn't get the park to park pass. We are also staying onsite, so we will have express passes for three days. We will do each park, but obviously will have to choose one for the third day that we would like to repeat. I know we don't have to decide until that time, but I was wondering which one you would estimate would deserve a second day for my kids ages 5, 8, and 10. Thanks!!

Last edited by Metro West; 02-27-2013 at 11:37 AM.
BamaPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
BamaPrincess
Earning My Ears

Oops, title was supposed to say 'which'. Lol
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

If HP is the focus of your trip, then IOA

Otherwise, probably an easy decision for you to make after you visit both parks. Personally, i'd go with Studios for a 2nd day.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaPrincess View Post
Oops, title was supposed to say 'which'. Lol
I changed it for you.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #5
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I would go for the Studios too but that's just a personal preference. One nice thing about Universal is that you don't have to decide ahead of time. I love not having to worry about ADR's and EMH.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

I would wait till you get there to decide.DO each park and then decide after that which one you want to do again..DH and I thought we would love IOA the most and we actually loved the studios more.You never know which one will appeal more or which one you might miss stuff in till you are down there
Old 02-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #7
CMac72
Earning My Ears

We purchased the same package except we opted for the cheaper Holiday Inn across the street. We are planning to do each park and then decide afterwards. Our kids are 9 (DD) and 12 (DS) and my DS is pumped about WWOHP.

We will have 4 full days there so that gives us a free day. I still have 2 WDW tickets from our 1998 honeymoon, each with at least one day on them ("No Expiration" was included automatically back then). We are purchasing 2 more tickets and surprising them both with a day at MK. Of course, if I find that I have 2 days left on our old tickets, it's a no-brainer...2 days at UO and 2 days at WDW.

Hope you guys have fun!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #8
BamaPrincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMac72
We purchased the same package except we opted for the cheaper Holiday Inn across the street. We are planning to do each park and then decide afterwards. Our kids are 9 (DD) and 12 (DS) and my DS is pumped about WWOHP.

We will have 4 full days there so that gives us a free day. I still have 2 WDW tickets from our 1998 honeymoon, each with at least one day on them ("No Expiration" was included automatically back then). We are purchasing 2 more tickets and surprising them both with a day at MK. Of course, if I find that I have 2 days left on our old tickets, it's a no-brainer...2 days at UO and 2 days at WDW.

Hope you guys have fun!
Oh I feel you in the cheaper hotel...the other leg of our trip is at the Best Western. Lol. We are traveling the last week of March and it is anticipated to be VERY crowded. I then stressed over waiting in loooooong lines with impatient kids. I looked into the express passes but for 5 of us at around $70 each (per the rate on their website for that week) for three days would run around $1000. The rooms at the onside was going to run at about $369 a night, which i wasn't about to do, either. However, I ended up having enough reward points on our credit card to redeem for two nights at the Royal Pacific. Can't beat free! Those three days will only cost my admission and food. Yay!!!

The main reason I am trying to guess which one the kids would choose is because I would rather alternate....so if we did two days at US I would rather do US on day one, then IOA, then back to US for the third day instead of two in a row at the same place. Of course we won't know until we try them out, but it would be nice to work it out that way!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #9
Ali
DIS Veteran

My son would spend all day at the studios in the water play area by curious George/ animal actors area. I have to bring stuff to keep myself occupied and give him check in direction because he never wants to leave. We didn't do much in either park other than water area and looking around because we are not scary thrill ride people.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #10
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

You know you can also go to guest services on that 3rd day and add the park to park feature to your tickets for around $20 per person I think it is.

But since we have been there tons of times and we know we like IOA a little bit more than US. I would do IOA-US-IOA. I would do IOA the first day, US the second day then get the park to park feature on the tickets and do IOA the first half of the third day then hop over to US right before the 12:30 show of Beetlejuice Rock n Roll show. (My fav show)
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: