Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Pbh

PBH is the only onsite hotel we haven't stayed at. Going in October and thinking of booking here just to say we stayed at all 3. Can anyone tell me about PBH? Our favorite is HRH which is where i was originally planning to book. Thanks
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Here are some photos that give you a good feeling... http://www.oyster.com/orlando/hotels...-hotel/photos/

Here's a video and more photos... http://www.uomeetingsandevents.com/H...y/Gallery.asp#
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Thanks damo! I think im just going to book there it looks beautiful
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #4
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfigment View Post
Thanks damo! I think im just going to book there it looks beautiful
It is my favourite of the three. They are in the process of remodeling the rooms. I'm not sure how many have been done. Here is a picture of a new room:

Photos of Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando, Orlando
This photo of Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando is courtesy of TripAdvisor

This photo of Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando is courtesy of TripAdvisor

We love to eat at Sal's there.

Last edited by damo; 02-27-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

oooooh, haven't seen the new rooms yet

It's our fav too, followed by Royal Pacific & HRH.

OP if you really enjoy the HR's lively vibe (cool indeed but we quit staying there when the youfirst program changed), Portofino may not be your cup of tea. imo more of an understated but luxe theme throughout the common areas. The main pool is rather sedate/less busy compared to the other properties when we've visited.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
dsmom
DIS Veteran

we stayed there in december and had a new room. it was beautiful!! a major

improvement! i was told they should be done with all the rooms by end of this

spring.
dsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #7
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmom View Post
we stayed there in december and had a new room. it was beautiful!! a major

improvement! i was told they should be done with all the rooms by end of this

spring.
Excellent! The old furniture was getting pretty shabby!
Old 02-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #8
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

We stayed there on Deluxe Club for a week. It was absolutely quiet (which we love). Our kids (at the time 6 and 11) absolutely loved the pools. And, since it was August so we ended up spending most of the time at the resort. The walk to and from the parks were not too long, but it did get tiresome in the heat. The restaurants were great and we had far better service than any other location. The grounds are beautiful. Did I say it was quiet? It was absolutely peaceful!

We are trying HRH this year since we're only staying for 4 nights. I'm a bit nervous since it may not be as quiet as PBH. Can you tell quiet is important to me!
dvcdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #9
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

I always disagree with everybody

I've stayed at all 3. When it comes to PBH, I'm in the minority because I was not all that impressed.

I think PBH is stunning - for the 30 seconds each day that you are inside looking out on the bay area. When I was walking toward the lobby and looking out the window each morning, the view was amazing from the window. But I felt that when I was actually outside, it was no big deal. And most of the time when I was inside, I didn't have that view. The hotel has a reputation of being really beautiful, but I never felt it other than those 30 seconds a day when I was looking out the window.

I thought it was nicer than the Hard Rock, but you can't beat the location of the Hard Rock. In the summertime, I found that the walk to the parks from PBH and RPR was overwhelming in the heat.

If I were going back, my first choice would be HRH because of the convenient location. If I had to choose between PBH and RPR, I would not pay more to stay at PBH if RPR were cheaper.

I stayed Club Level at PBH and RPR. At RPR, I was on the same floor as the Club Lounge (although that is not always the case). I really liked that for convenience and a sense of privacy/exclusivity. At PBH, the Club Lounge is on the first floor, and your room will not be on that floor. I did not like that.

Best Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
KorbensMomma
Mouseketeer

We love PBH, we love the pool most and the pool service. I have never stayed at a hotel where the pool boy laid out my towels as even made me a pillow. Which was later followed by a server who came by and asked "chilled towel?" Why yes how delightful. Then the following day they came by with frozen grapes. I'm hooked, it was so relaxing, we didn't even go to the park our last day. I will always stay at PBH if I can.
As for HRH, I don't like sand in my swimsuit or shorts so I don't like their pool.
KorbensMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #11
DryCreek
Peter Pan (never grows up)

Quick Question - PBH

I see that in-room internet access is $9.95 per day. Do they offer free access anywhere else on the hotel property? I know that at some of the places we've stayed they have open access in the lobby in order to encourage people to spend time there and give it a less "sterile" look and promote their coffee house/lounge service.

I would like to be able to check e-mail once or twice during our trip (might bring a 7" tablet) and maybe check in for our return flights. I see that they do have a business center where I could check in and print our boarding pass.

Why is it the high-end hotels feel the need to charge for internet access, while the moderate and value-level hotels do not?
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #12
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
I see that in-room internet access is $9.95 per day. Do they offer free access anywhere else on the hotel property? I know that at some of the places we've stayed they have open access in the lobby in order to encourage people to spend time there and give it a less "sterile" look and promote their coffee house/lounge service.

I would like to be able to check e-mail once or twice during our trip (might bring a 7" tablet) and maybe check in for our return flights. I see that they do have a business center where I could check in and print our boarding pass.

Why is it the high-end hotels feel the need to charge for internet access, while the moderate and value-level hotels do not?
There is free wifi in the lobbies of all three onsite hotels.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #13
DryCreek
Peter Pan (never grows up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
There is free wifi in the lobbies of all three onsite hotels.
Thanks!

Is there a charge to print your boarding passes from their business center?
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #14
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
Thanks!

Is there a charge to print your boarding passes from their business center?
use the concierge in the hotel lobby.
it's free.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #15
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfigment View Post
PBH is the only onsite hotel we haven't stayed at. Going in October and thinking of booking here just to say we stayed at all 3. Can anyone tell me about PBH? Our favorite is HRH which is where i was originally planning to book. Thanks
with hhn going on during the weekends in october, don't wait until september to book your room at pbh.
they might have higher prices and less selection if you wait until the month prior to book.

check out the prices now by calling reservations to get an idea of the room selections and costs.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: