Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 07:55 AM   #1
BEYONCE
Mouseketeer

Bringing alcohol on board

I know dcl's policy is to bring alcohol on a carry on but what if you're flying? Is it possible to put it in a checked bag then move it into a carry on once you get to Orlando? I am taking disneys transfer bus (can't remember the name).

Also is there a liquor store in the airport?
BEYONCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
NurseDave
Mouseketeer

To move your alcohol you would have to not put your cruise tags on the luggage so you can claim it, move the bottles and then take it to the bus. Of course if you're flying in the day before that's what you would do anyway.
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
cinmouse
Mouseketeer

It is not a good idea. If the bottles break it will get all over your stuff and most likely others whose luggage is near yours. I would be so angry if when I picked up my bag it was covered in alcohol and I am sure since the airline might not know whose bag leaked it os unfair that they would have to deal with very unhappy customers due to someone trying to save a few dollars.
I would suggest that if you want to bring your own and do not have access to a liquor stoee in FL thaf you check it into a special box/carrier made for shipping bottels. I just went to Napa & we bought one there to check our bottles. That way the bottels are supported and it marked so hopefully the airline treats it safer..at the cost to ship it properly it might not be a cost savings to bring your own.
cinmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #4
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

Wine bottles can safely be transported within airline checked luggage if properly packed. I use Bottle Armor and have done this several times with no breakage/issue, including flying back from Napa to the East Coast.

LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

No liquor stores in the airport for domestic travel.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #6
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If you are flying in the same day, pick one of your suitcases (not a really large one - make sure it will fit through an airport type security scanner), or two, to pack the alcohol in. Make sure it is packaged properly to avoid leaks and breakage. Don't put the DCL luggage tags on that bag. Pick it up yourself from the baggage claim, and carry it on the bus and onto the ship with you.

Previous poster is correct, the only liquor available in the airport itself is at the duty free shops for international travlers.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
BEYONCE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala
If you are flying in the same day, pick one of your suitcases (not a really large one - make sure it will fit through an airport type security scanner), or two, to pack the alcohol in. Make sure it is packaged properly to avoid leaks and breakage. Don't put the DCL luggage tags on that bag. Pick it up yourself from the baggage claim, and carry it on the bus and onto the ship with you.

Previous poster is correct, the only liquor available in the airport itself is at the duty free shops for international travlers.
I'm going to do this thanks for the answers everyone!
BEYONCE is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: