Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 02:02 AM   #1
novazx3
Earning My Ears

What is the best time for Remy brunch?

My booking window is coming open soon. I was wondering what was the best time to book the Remy brunch? I was thinking about doing it our second sea day.
novazx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #2
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by novazx3 View Post
My booking window is coming open soon. I was wondering what was the best time to book the Remy brunch? I was thinking about doing it our second sea day.
We did it on our first sea day with the thought we would schedule a second Remy brunch if we liked it. We were very underwhelmed and did not schedule another.

DWF

P.S. We did very much enjoy Remy dinner.

P.P.S. Although my spouse did not like either brunch much, I think the Palo version is, perhaps, a little better overall. The Remy brunch was too limited, not very interesting, and uneventful.
disneywonderfun is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #3
canadiandisneyfamof4
Mouseketeer

We loved Remy lunch.
It is a very different experience than Palo.
I would recommend googling it as there have been some great reviews and blogs written to give you an idea of the experience.

To answer your question. We did 11:30am last year
We booked 11am this year b/c it is a 2 hour experience and we wanted to still have time to enjoy other activities after it is over.
canadiandisneyfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiandisneyfamof4 View Post
We loved Remy lunch.
It is a very different experience than Palo.
I would recommend googling it as there have been some great reviews and blogs written to give you an idea of the experience.

To answer your question. We did 11:30am last year
We booked 11am this year b/c it is a 2 hour experience and we wanted to still have time to enjoy other activities after it is over.
Agree 100%; a totally different & unique experience.

We just got off the Fantasy last Saturday, & did the Remy lunch at 11:30 on our 2nd sea day (we did the Palo brunch on the 1st sea day). Palo brunch has always been high on our list of Must Do's on our Disney cruises. But we also wanted to try the Remy lunch, we've had dinner at Remy 3 times & always found it to be truly exceptional. I was a bit hesitant to try the Remy Lunch, not big on seafood. However the Sea Bass & Salmon were excellent & the veal was to die for & adding the champagne pairing made it a total delight. We will still go to Palo if there are 2 or more sea days, but the Remy lunch & dinner are our new #1a & 1b on our list of Must Do's.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
canadiandisneyfamof4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwing818 View Post

Agree 100%; a totally different & unique experience.

We just got off the Fantasy last Saturday, & did the Remy lunch at 11:30 on our 2nd sea day (we did the Palo brunch on the 1st sea day). Palo brunch has always been high on our list of Must Do's on our Disney cruises. But we also wanted to try the Remy lunch, we've had dinner at Remy 3 times & always found it to be truly exceptional. I was a bit hesitant to try the Remy Lunch, not big on seafood. However the Sea Bass & Salmon were excellent & the veal was to die for & adding the champagne pairing made it a total delight. We will still go to Palo if there are 2 or more sea days, but the Remy lunch & dinner are our new #1a & 1b on our list of Must Do's.
What did you think of your time. I decided to do 11am so we'd have more time in the afternoon, but last night my husband and I were talking about how last year we never made it to the MDR for breakfast so now I'm thinking maybe I should push back my Remy reservation so we can do breakfast in the am.

Our first sea day we have Palo at 10 so no MDR breakfast that day either
canadiandisneyfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

11:30 worked great for us, had a small breakfast at Cabana's (totally skipped breakfast when we did Palo brunch) & then hit the Rainforest for a couple hours of intense reading & hitting the hot tubs. We're doing NYE cruise on the Dream & will definitely be at Remy's for lunch "Same Time; Same Channel"
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #7
JimGA
Mouseketeer

Anytime is a good time

Disney World: 1978, 1995, 2010 PORS, 2011 POFQ, 2012 CBR, 2014 PORS

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Dream, May 2013, Disney Fantasy, Thanksgiving 2015.
JimGA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: