Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

Stroller for Disney

I'm a Disney World veteran but a first time mom. In May we will be taking our baby boy for the first time, he will be 9.5 months old. We bought a travel system, but we have barely used the stroller since we baby wear. I was planning on bringing it with us to Disney since a rental would cost us as much as buying another one and I want it while we're at the airport. Well we recently realized it only reclines a little. We were hoping that baby would be able to nap while at the parks. It does close with one hand but it is big and heavy and takes up almost the entire back of my SUV. It seems to be a deal breaker now that it does not recline. DH told me to just buy another one for the trip. I tried to look on amazon but haven't found anything yet that reclines all the way. What is a good stroller for Disney?
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian, Beach Club & Windsor Hills
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
PocahontasLookALike
DIS Veteran

Since you baby wear, that's so much easier in the airport vs a stroller.

A lot of people here are using apple rentals because they are doing free rentals If you reserve by 2/28. They have city minis which recline totally flat and have a great canopy for shading your babe. If I were in your shoes I'd go that route.

The stroller situation can be sorta stressful huh?!?!

Ridiculously happy DVC Member
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"
WDW 2001 - Sheraton Vistana
WDW 2005 - BWV
WDW 2007 - BWV
WDW 2009 - Beach Club Villas
Childhood Disneyland Trips...too many times to count!
2007 Disneyland trips: January, March and October - VGC
2008 Disneyland trip: 2008 Half Marathon in August!
2009 Disneyland trips: September for the Disneyland Half Marathon, October for a big family trip - VGC
February 2011 Disneyland - PPH
April 2013 Disneyland- PPH
October 2014 Disneyland - VGC
PocahontasLookALike is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
tms295psu
Mouseketeer

Chicco echo is an umbrella stroller with a nearly flat recline. Ultra light and compact, could use a bit more of a sunshade but that can be solved with a $20 rayshade or a receiving blanket cliped to the canopy. The stroller is $99 at target.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #4
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

Unless you need to our hase a new stroller I woukd just rent one from an offsite company. I would rent a citi mini. If you are looking to buy then I still like the baby jogger citi mini and the britax b-agile.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
nhmommy
Mouseketeer

Check out Apple strollers they are doing a free promo right now I've never used them but a bunch of threads here are talking about them.
nhmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #6
msmama
DIS Veteran

I LOVE my Citi Mini for an older child (will be using it with my 5 year old in a few months) but I didn't like it for my 10 months old first trip.

For him, I waned something with a tray (which you can buy with the citi mini I think but I don't think most rentals come with it but I don't know for sure).

I bought a cheap-ish stroller (Baby trend I think) that had all the features I was looking for (like recline, but it was HARD to fold, definitely not one handed). My son mostly slept while I was wearing him. I think he took maybe one nap in the stroller.

msmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #7
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

I would either buy a smaller "Disney" stroller with the requirements you're looking for or rent from one of the companies in Orlando (Orlando Stroller Rental was good and they deliver it right to your hotel and pick it up on your last day).

I'm not against baby-wearing, by any means, but I'm guessing you'll be going in late spring/early summer? You and baby will get very hot if you're wearing him constantly!

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
AshleeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #8
marivigi
Mouseketeer

Baby Jogger City Mini

LOVE IT!

It fully reclines, its ventilated, has a super large hood, folds super fast and easy, and it doesnt get stuck on sidewalks/paths at the parks
marivigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #9
MouseMama11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmama View Post
I LOVE my Citi Mini for an older child (will be using it with my 5 year old in a few months) but I didn't like it for my 10 months old first trip.

For him, I waned something with a tray (which you can buy with the citi mini I think but I don't think most rentals come with it but I don't know for sure).

I bought a cheap-ish stroller (Baby trend I think) that had all the features I was looking for (like recline, but it was HARD to fold, definitely not one handed). My son mostly slept while I was wearing him. I think he took maybe one nap in the stroller.

We are going to WDW in July and it will be my first experience bringing a child. She would be 2.5 years old when we go. I was thinking of bringing the stroller we have which is a basic Graco one that came as a travel system. But it doesn't recline completely flat either. Is it expensive to rent the Citi Mini once you get down there? Or would I be better off just buying it??

2013- Treehouse Villas (4th of July)/Caribbean Beach (Thanksgiving)
2010- Port Orleans Riverside 2009- Saratoga Springs (Honeymoon ) 2007- Old Key West 2006- Old Key West 2001- All Star Sports (1st Trip to Disney )
MouseMama11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #10
PocahontasLookALike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel
I'm a Disney World veteran but a first time mom. In May we will be taking our baby boy for the first time, he will be 9.5 months old. We bought a travel system, but we have barely used the stroller since we baby wear. I was planning on bringing it with us to Disney since a rental would cost us as much as buying another one and I want it while we're at the airport. Well we recently realized it only reclines a little. We were hoping that baby would be able to nap while at the parks. It does close with one hand but it is big and heavy and takes up almost the entire back of my SUV. It seems to be a deal breaker now that it does not recline. DH told me to just buy another one for the trip. I tried to look on amazon but haven't found anything yet that reclines all the way. What is a good stroller for Disney?
Something else to think about: when my daughter was about that age is when she was really wanting to sit up more. I learned this the hard way on a weekend trip to Denver and had only brought our snap n go and infant seat. Which of course is very reclined. She is small for her age and well was under the ht/wt limits of her infant seat. But as soon as we got home from that trip we transitioned her into her rear facing convertible car seat and bought a new stroller (britax b ready...we love it but it may not be for everyone).

Be sure the seat can go from very upright to fully reclined. Since your little one will be in the stroller for many days is important to keep him/her as comfy as possible!

Ridiculously happy DVC Member
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"
WDW 2001 - Sheraton Vistana
WDW 2005 - BWV
WDW 2007 - BWV
WDW 2009 - Beach Club Villas
Childhood Disneyland Trips...too many times to count!
2007 Disneyland trips: January, March and October - VGC
2008 Disneyland trip: 2008 Half Marathon in August!
2009 Disneyland trips: September for the Disneyland Half Marathon, October for a big family trip - VGC
February 2011 Disneyland - PPH
April 2013 Disneyland- PPH
October 2014 Disneyland - VGC
PocahontasLookALike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #11
liedkesluckylady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmommy View Post
Check out Apple strollers they are doing a free promo right now I've never used them but a bunch of threads here are talking about them.
Can you point me in the direction of this information? Search isn't up and I can't find it! Thanks!
liedkesluckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #12
todzwife
There's nothing worse than walking around with a wet butt

I love my valco snap! only 13 pounds with all the features of a full-size stroller!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #13
iheartdisney123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liedkesluckylady

Can you point me in the direction of this information? Search isn't up and I can't find it! Thanks!
It's Apple Scooter, not apple stroller

http://www.applescooter.com/Stroller...&Site=Stroller
iheartdisney123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:05 AM   #14
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

Thanks for all the replies. We have decided to buy a City Mini. We need a good stroller anyway. Our travel system stroller is just not practical. It was fine when we needed to snap the car seat right into it a few times but besides that it's too heavy for me to put in and out of the car and it takes up too much of the back of my cargo area and I always forget to take it out before we get groceries! We thought about renting but do want the stroller at the airport. I've read mixed things about being able to baby wear through security. That gives us the stroller to put things in at least at the airport if we are able to put him in the Ergo. It's probably going to be too hot to wear him all the time in the parks. DH thinks maybe we'll be able to at night. The baby gets too hot after a little while here when its only in the 50s so I can only imagine Orlando in May... I've been looking online, it looks like everywhere is 250.00. Does anyone know if it ever goes any less, or any stores that have sales on them? We don't need it until May so I'm not in a hurry. We do not have any stores that sell them where I live so I have to get it online. I know the accessories do not come with it... what do I actually need?

Thanks!!
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian, Beach Club & Windsor Hills
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #15
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

Those annoying travel systems are expensive. How long are you going to disney? We're going for a week next month and we're renting a single from kingdom strollers and it's $50, so depending on how long you're going, it should not cost $150 which is what those travel systems typically cost.. I also wear him so we don't even have a stroller. I hate that we have to rent one but we'll need it for breaks from wearing him and to change him and whatnot. Do you really need to have a stroller for the airport? You baby wear, so I'm sure you know how much easier it is....I would just do that. Good luck!
Pop Century...3/2006!
All Star Movies...1/2011!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
AKL-Kidani Villas...5/2014
All Star Sports...2/2015 (just me and hubby)
SweetMissy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: