Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #16
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

He can always make extra cash by picking up a second job part-time. Where there's a will there's a way.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #17
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardebby View Post
He lives in North Carolina I'm not sure how they figure the amount but, he is really going to have a hard time. Plus the fact I live in Florida and he is pretty much by himself there. All he does is work and every day off he gets the kids so he feels like he had no life. I know divorce is hard on everyone but its breaking my heart to see him suffer.
Hahaha, well he won't get much sympathy there. I don't have a life, either, and we're still married There will be time to live it up, again, after they're grown.

It looks like it's based on custody, income, how many kids, any other support payments, insurance, the number of overnights, child care costs, and the child's circumstances that may require more care. I found a chart that listed a basic support payment schedule very easily by googling. You should do a little research so that you'll have an idea of what's expected. It may ease your mind a bit.
alex9179 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #18
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKsMom View Post
Please tell me you're being sarcastic and that he doesn't only have to pay child support for one of four children.
Well, what I am actually saying is he waited until only one of them is under 18. He has 4 kids. Actually, he did pay 6 months for one until she turned 18 (same age as his GF ) but quickly cut her off. Another child is college aged but had to drop out and work. Dad's not helping anyone get their education (except the GF, I suppose). But I'm sure he's glad of his timing in all this so he did not have to pay CS for 4.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #19
stardebby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis
He can always make extra cash by picking up a second job part-time. Where there's a will there's a way.
He works about 55-60 hours a week now. So it might be hard for him. I know I opened a can of worms here and everybody wants to say just shut up and take care of your children. It's just hard for me as his Mother we have had so much to deal with this past year. His Dad was only 50 when he died.
feb 2009 pop
feb 2010 pop
march 2010 pop
april 2010 key west resort
aug 2010 pop
oct 2010 pop
stardebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #20
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
He works about 55-60 hours a week now. So it might be hard for him. I know I opened a can of worms here and everybody wants to say just shut up and take care of your children. It's just hard for me as his Mother we have had so much to deal with this past year. His Dad was only 50 when he died.
So do I...and I have a part-time job on top of that. You do what you have to do to get by.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #21
mfd25wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
In AR, they would reevaluate the CS, and increase it based on the 2nd job, too. It's ~25% net income for CS for one child. It is increased for each additional child, but I'm not sure how much. My current had to pay it to his ex, and my ex was supposed to pay me. Guess which one did not pay.
mfd25wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #22
stardebby
Mouseketeer

I know I will get no sympathy here. And I know the amount of child support he has to pay is to state guidelines. I have no experience with divorce and child support and didn't realize how things work.
feb 2009 pop
feb 2010 pop
march 2010 pop
aug 2010 pop
oct 2010 pop
Old 02-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #23
Turn the Page
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am very sorry for your loss. That has got to be really tough.

However, your first priority in this situation should be making sure your son provides the kids with a comfortable life not making sure he has a social life.
Turn the Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #24
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Quote:
I am so sorry for your loss.

I just think you and your son need to realize that lifestyles change when divorce happens. His kids deserve to get the "first fruits" from their parents. He might have to rent a more reasonably priced place.

Shining at the end of everyday
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #25
JessB320
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardebby
I know I will get no sympathy here. And I know the amount of child support he has to pay is to state guidelines. I have no experience with divorce and child support and didn't realize how things work.
Divorce and child support/parenting plans aren't fun for any involved people also seem to jump on the " dead beat dad" band wagon so quickly. My only experiences have been quite the opposite , With dead beat moms- so i guess I've never understood this . My own dad raised us without any help of any kind from my mother. My DH and I have always had our older kids full time, and never got the child support their bio mom owed. Even with the courts and support enforcement we only got a fraction of the funds owed- we ended up paying our attorney more in fees than we received, what a headache.

There are great dads out there, I wish your son the best and hope he's able to adjust and keep the rental for his kiddos.
JessB320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #26
stardebby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn the Page

I am very sorry for your loss. That has got to be really tough.

However, your first priority in this situation should be making sure your son provides the kids with a comfortable life not making sure he has a social life.
It's really not about him having a social life he doesn't need one now. It's just about him being able to pay his bills and afford to eat. With the loss of my husband I'm in no position to help him financial. He didn't want out of the marriage she left him. I know he is not perfect but he wanted to try and save the marriage but she had an affair.
feb 2009 pop
feb 2010 pop
march 2010 pop
aug 2010 pop
oct 2010 pop
Old 02-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #27
Turn the Page
DIS Veteran

Why do I get the feeling this is going to turn into another thread like the one luvsjack started a couple weeks ago?
Turn the Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #28
stardebby
Mouseketeer

It's really not about him having a social life he doesn't need one now. I just want him to be able to take care of his kids and himself. With the loss of my husband I'm in no position to help him financial. He wasn't the one who wanted a divorce she left him. I know he's not perfect by he wanted to try and save the marriage but she left and had an affair.
feb 2009 pop
feb 2010 pop
march 2010 pop
aug 2010 pop
oct 2010 pop
Old 02-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #29
stardebby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessB320

Divorce and child support/parenting plans aren't fun for any involved people also seem to jump on the " dead beat dad" band wagon so quickly. My only experiences have been quite the opposite , With dead beat moms- so i guess I've never understood this . My own dad raised us without any help of any kind from my mother. My DH and I have always had our older kids full time, and never got the child support their bio mom owed. Even with the courts and support enforcement we only got a fraction of the funds owed- we ended up paying our attorney more in fees than we received, what a headache.

There are great dads out there, I wish your son the best and hope he's able to adjust and keep the rental for his kiddos.
Thank you so much at least someone on here can understand. I know everyone thinks if Dads complain about how much child support they are paying it means they don't want to take care of their kids.
feb 2009 pop
feb 2010 pop
march 2010 pop
aug 2010 pop
oct 2010 pop
Old 02-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #30
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I am very sorry for your loss. You know divorce is a very painful thing. All the things that revolve around every aspect of it can just rip out the heart. Not to mention what it does to the children. It also ruins everyone financially. I hope at some point she realizes that the grass it not greener on the other side.

I know you want the best for your son, and it is hard to stand by and watch. But all you can do is just try to support him to the best of your ability and be there for him to just listen. Remind him that what he is paying for are his children, and that it is still worth it. I hope it goes well for all of you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: