Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 10:54 PM   #61
MsJag2009
Earning My Ears

Yippee, I found myself at 10 posts! This means I'm going places, and hopefully, I'm going places with the Mouse! ;-)
MsJag2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:19 AM   #62
Magical Dreams
Earning My Ears

Or margarita's? We could make "Corona" labels, like coffee cup sleeves, to put over wine and margarita's

May all your dreams be magical
Magical Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #63
MsJag2009
Earning My Ears

I like the way you think, Magical Dreams! :-)
Old 04-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #64
Whirlybird
Earning My Ears

Oh my! I just noticed this posted on the Dis Boards:

4/19/13: The following letter is from Disney Cruise Line and will be placed in guests' staterooms in the next couple of weeks:

Dear Guests,

We are glad that you have joined us aboard the Disney (Choose Ship)!

As you may be aware, it is important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests. As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that you do not affix anything to your stateroom door utilizing tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives. We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on our stateroom doors; therefore we ask that you limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.

Guests found with damaged doors are assessed a $100 damage fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

Your attention to this matter will greatly assist us in keeping our shipboard environment looking ship-shape. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Guest Services, Deck 3 Mid-ship.

If interested, magnetic door decorations are available for purchase in our merchandise area. For your convenience, magnetic strips are also available at Guest Services.

We appreciate your cooperation and hope you have an enjoyable sailing.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #65
rroberts
The family that vacations together, stays together

No biggie to our plans. Just don't use tape to put things on the door and your good. Thankfully magnets are cheap enough. Hope they don't cause an issue with the TSA.
rroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:33 AM   #66
Magical Dreams
Earning My Ears

Stateroom door magnets

I made our magnets from this link

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2172891

You have to create a photobucket account to download the images, but it is very easy and fast I found large adhesive magnetic sheets at both Michaels and Joann's for $5 on sale

Old 04-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #67
MsJag2009
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlybird View Post
Oh my! I just noticed this posted on the Dis Boards:

4/19/13: The following letter is from Disney Cruise Line and will be placed in guests' staterooms in the next couple of weeks:

Dear Guests,

We are glad that you have joined us aboard the Disney (Choose Ship)!

As you may be aware, it is important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests. As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that you do not affix anything to your stateroom door utilizing tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives. We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on our stateroom doors; therefore we ask that you limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.

Guests found with damaged doors are assessed a $100 damage fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

Your attention to this matter will greatly assist us in keeping our shipboard environment looking ship-shape. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Guest Services, Deck 3 Mid-ship.

If interested, magnetic door decorations are available for purchase in our merchandise area. For your convenience, magnetic strips are also available at Guest Services.

We appreciate your cooperation and hope you have an enjoyable sailing.
Where exactly do the Fish Extenders geaux? Not on the door, correct? I have done much in the way of preparing for that and would be sad to think it was all for nothing. :-(
Old 04-25-2013, 02:29 AM   #68
Whirlybird
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJag2009 View Post
Where exactly do the Fish Extenders geaux? Not on the door, correct? I have done much in the way of preparing for that and would be sad to think it was all for nothing. :-(
From what I understand it hangs on the plated fish just outside of your cabin. No worries about any damage as you hang your extender with a soft material ☺
Old 04-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #69
MsJag2009
Earning My Ears

I'm happy again :-) Thanks Debbie !!!
Old 04-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #70
lexandme
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! We're sailing along with you - hope you don't mind!

This will be our 5th DCL cruise, but our first 3 day. It will be;
Me - Judy (old)
DH - Tim (old)
DS - Ian (age 20)
DGS - Trent (age 5)

We're doing WDW after the cruise so our plans are to relax!

We would definitely like to be a part of FE. Having done it on all of our previous cruises I can tell you it's a lot of fun, especially for the little ones. And it seems like you all have a good handle on it already.
I also find planning just makes the magic even more special!

Some of the things we have received are: candy, pencils, pens, small toys from Oriental Trading Company, notebooks, hand sanitizers from Bath and Body Works, combs, postcards, magnets, pencils, pins, mementos from another cruisers home cite/state, cups, mugs, glow sticks (these are great for Pirate Night), homemade CD's with cruise/party music, handmade frames, small scrapbook photo albums, stickers, tattoos. The list is endless!

Anyone planning any shore excursions? We're doing Castaway Rays Stingray swim and snorkel and a glass bottom boat ride in Nassau. We also reserved floats.

I would also suggest you check out any postings of recent 3 day cruise "Navigators". It's the daily newspaper they give you on board to tell you what's going on that day. You'll get an idea of the special offerings for the day, things that you can't book prior to sailing. These include spa specials, sales and special offerings in the shops on board, bingo, etc.

Any runners/walkers? There's a 5k on CC.

I am getting so excited! A DCL cruise is truly Magic. I can't wait to hear that horn sound again!
lexandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #71
lexandme
DIS Veteran

On one of our previous cruises we had a meet and greet on board, first day prior to the sail-a-way party and muster drill. Someone arranged to have it in one of the restaurants (on the Magic) but I don't think they allow that any longer. Most meets are now held on one of the deck areas. Unless one of you has the Walt Disney or Roy Disney suites and would love to host us!

Another member worked for a printer and she made us all lime green rubber bracelets and t-shirts. We sailed over Thanksgiving and she printed a turkey made like a child's drawing on the shirts. Instead of a child's hand she used a Mickey glove for the body. Very cute.

Just requested to join the Facebook group!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #72
lexandme
DIS Veteran

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruis...-navigator.htm

This is the link for a 3 day Navigator. Enjoy!
Old 04-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #73
manatee633
Earning My Ears

Fe

Hi!

I will be onboard the Dream July 18th with my family/friends. There are 7 of us (6 second time cruisers, 1 first timer). We are celebrating my sister, Keely's, high school graduation. Although this will be my second Disney cruise, it is my first time participating with the fish extenders. I stumbled upon the whole FE idea on Pinterest last night, and I am super excited!!

The 7 of us are divided into two staterooms.

1st Room:
Dee (mom in her 50s)
Ken (dad in his 50s)
Anna (22)
Keely (18- the graduate)

2nd Room:
Mollie (27- that's me!)
Erin (28- my best friend)
Virginia (grandma in her 80s)

I will send you the rest of the info by message.

~Mollie~
manatee633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #74
Magical Dreams
Earning My Ears

Welcome!

Hello lexandme and manatee633! Welcome to the group I'll add you to the FE! Just send me the rest of your information when you can. I believe you have to have 10 posts in order to PM, but you could also message me on our Facebook page So excited to see the FE growing I love the idea of meeting before we sail lexandme and I may be bugging you for your expertise in the FE

Old 04-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #75
Magical Dreams
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexandme View Post
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruis...-navigator.htm

This is the link for a 3 day Navigator. Enjoy!
Ok... That is awesome The last time I was on DCL was it's inaugural year and they did not have anything like this!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: