Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #16
Dustin2
Earning My Ears
 
Dustin2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12

I think we just need to list out how many are participating, how many kids, etc. We can use email to communicate as well if need be. My understanding is that we do a different gift for each family each day?? I may be wrong. But it sounds like fun and I want to go full out disney on this cruise )
Dustin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #17
Magical Dreams
Earning My Ears
 
Magical Dreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central California
Posts: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin2 View Post
I think we just need to list out how many are participating, how many kids, etc. We can use email to communicate as well if need be. My understanding is that we do a different gift for each family each day?? I may be wrong. But it sounds like fun and I want to go full out disney on this cruise )
Me too! I think we can set up whatever rules we want. Some groups do one gift per stateroom, some do one per person, and I've heard of groups that do one gift per day too... I saw one set of guidelines that was pretty cool. They said that the minimum was one gift per stateroom. However, if you wanted to do more (gifts for each person or a different gift each day), that was welcomes too I like that people were given a little flexibility so they could choose based upon their budget and suitcase space how much to bring
__________________
Kristi

May all your dreams be magical
Magical Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #18
Dustin2
Earning My Ears
 
Dustin2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12

I like the idea of one gift per stateroom and one per day. I already have ideas
Dustin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #19
MsJag2009
Earning My Ears
 
MsJag2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 22

Thanks for all the insight to the Fish Extender. I will do some exploring on E-Bay as you suggested!
MsJag2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #20
MsJag2009
Earning My Ears
 
MsJag2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Dreams View Post
Me too! I think we can set up whatever rules we want. Some groups do one gift per stateroom, some do one per person, and I've heard of groups that do one gift per day too... I saw one set of guidelines that was pretty cool. They said that the minimum was one gift per stateroom. However, if you wanted to do more (gifts for each person or a different gift each day), that was welcomes too I like that people were given a little flexibility so they could choose based upon their budget and suitcase space how much to bring
We just came off another cruise Sunday where we had a rather unique gift exchange. Guests exchanged items representative of their home State or City. It also promoted getting to know one another a little better and was a lot of fun. See y'all in no time !!!
MsJag2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #21
Whirlybird
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Dreams View Post
LOL.....I love the way you think Woo Hoo!! Ten posts I'm still thinking we should use this thread, though since so many have found it Thanks, Whirlybird!!
Agree! And, since this a small group compare to a week long cruise everyone can be included on the post on this thread. Magical Dreams... You have my vote to lead us on to a great experience Can't wait to see your 1st official list.

Please include Me (Debbie) and my four year old niece (Madison)
__________________
Debbie
Whirlybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #22
Dustin2
Earning My Ears
 
Dustin2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12

Include myself ( Lauren) and my Fiancé soon to be husband (Matt)
Dustin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #23
Whirlybird
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 25

Please include Me (Debbie) and my four year old niece (Madison)

Almost forgot... Our stateroom is 6683
__________________
Debbie
Whirlybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:47 PM   #24
Dustin2
Earning My Ears
 
Dustin2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12

I saw eBay and a few decent choices for FE but you should check out etsy.com there were much more choices to choose from at a better price.
Dustin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #25
Magical Dreams
Earning My Ears
 
Magical Dreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central California
Posts: 66

Fish Extender Info

Hello my fellow Disney fans! It's time to get this party started

Welcome to the the Fish Extender Exchange Group for the July 18, 2013 Disney Dream Cruise!

If you'd like to join, please post here that you'd like to join. Then for privacy, please message me the following information:

-- DISboard username
-- Cabin # (if you know it already)
-- Family Last Name (helps with personalizing family gifts)
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies, etc
-- An email address for your family
--Each participant's favorite character/movie

If you are uncomfortable sharing any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example.

For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy or eBay. You can also find pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each others extenders. It's like a secret Santa gift exchange...Disney style

Here is a thread with some really good info about it:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=378

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or storebought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

Our group will close Thursday, June 27th. This allows people time to order, make, assemble, personalize, etc their gifts.

Guidelines for our fish extender:
1. Each cabin is to provide AT LEAST one gift to each cabin participating in the fish extender. You can provide a gift to each person within that cabin, just the kids, or one gift for the whole cabin...that is up to you. Of course, you are welcome to give more than one gift...but the minimum is one.

2. All gifts are to be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Thursday, July 18th until 4 PM on Saturday, July 20th. This gives people time to still be able to pack their bags on July 20th before we leave the ship the morning of July 21st.

3.Please include a tag with your DISboards user name on the gift. This way everyone knows who the gift is from.

Here is a list of IDEAS of what you might want to bring for the FE on the cruise...to add to your packing list if you'd like:
1. The FE gifts that you are making/preparing -- total number will be announced after our June 27th sign up deadline (I promise to provide updates so we all have a general idea before then ).
2. An FE pocket/hanger to hang outside your cabin. You can find them on eBay or etsy by searching "Fish Extenders" or you can make one.
3. A zip tie to help attach your FE HANGER. Some people have commented that theirs have sadly walked away...but if you attach it with a zip tie...then it is not as likely to walk away.
4. Scissors to cut the zip tie when you're packing...LOL! Don't want to leave it!
5. On the forum, some people recommend bringing thank you notes so you can write a quick note to the person who gave you a gift.

Ultimately, the goal is just to have fun and cause people to smile . Please feel free to post here or personal message me if you want in on the exchange. Can't wait to meet everybody
__________________
Kristi

May all your dreams be magical
Magical Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #26
Magical Dreams
Earning My Ears
 
Magical Dreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central California
Posts: 66

My DH (Mario) and I (Kristi) will be participating in the FE. Stateroom 6681. Can't wait!!!!! I'm soooooooo excited As soon as I have the e-mail addresses for those of you who have expressed interest, I'll send out our current list so we can start planning
__________________
Kristi

May all your dreams be magical
Magical Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #27
Dustin2
Earning My Ears
 
Dustin2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12

I can't send a PM until I have ten posts so don't mind if I send nonsense stuff 😝
Dustin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #28
Whirlybird
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJag2009 View Post
Thanks for all the insight to the Fish Extender. I will do some exploring on E-Bay as you suggested!
Welcome MsJag2009! So glad you can join us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin2 View Post
I saw eBay and a few decent choices for FE but you should check out etsy.com there were much more choices to choose from at a better price.
Thank you for the site!
__________________
Debbie
Whirlybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #29
Whirlybird
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Dreams View Post
Hello my fellow Disney fans! It's time to get this party started

Welcome to the the Fish Extender Exchange Group for the July 18, 2013 Disney Dream Cruise!

If you'd like to join, please post here that you'd like to join. Then for privacy, please message me the following information:

-- DISboard username
-- Cabin # (if you know it already)
-- Family Last Name (helps with personalizing family gifts)
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies, etc
-- An email address for your family
--Each participant's favorite character/movie

If you are uncomfortable sharing any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example.

For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy or eBay. You can also find pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each others extenders. It's like a secret Santa gift exchange...Disney style

Here is a thread with some really good info about it:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=378

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or storebought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

Our group will close Thursday, June 27th. This allows people time to order, make, assemble, personalize, etc their gifts.

Guidelines for our fish extender:
1. Each cabin is to provide AT LEAST one gift to each cabin participating in the fish extender. You can provide a gift to each person within that cabin, just the kids, or one gift for the whole cabin...that is up to you. Of course, you are welcome to give more than one gift...but the minimum is one.

2. All gifts are to be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Thursday, July 18th until 4 PM on Saturday, July 20th. This gives people time to still be able to pack their bags on July 20th before we leave the ship the morning of July 21st.

3.Please include a tag with your DISboards user name on the gift. This way everyone knows who the gift is from.

Here is a list of IDEAS of what you might want to bring for the FE on the cruise...to add to your packing list if you'd like:
1. The FE gifts that you are making/preparing -- total number will be announced after our June 27th sign up deadline (I promise to provide updates so we all have a general idea before then ).
2. An FE pocket/hanger to hang outside your cabin. You can find them on eBay or etsy by searching "Fish Extenders" or you can make one.
3. A zip tie to help attach your FE HANGER. Some people have commented that theirs have sadly walked away...but if you attach it with a zip tie...then it is not as likely to walk away.
4. Scissors to cut the zip tie when you're packing...LOL! Don't want to leave it!
5. On the forum, some people recommend bringing thank you notes so you can write a quick note to the person who gave you a gift.

Ultimately, the goal is just to have fun and cause people to smile . Please feel free to post here or personal message me if you want in on the exchange. Can't wait to meet everybody
Thank you, Kristi! I'm so excited to join in the fun Can you update us on how many are participating on the forum? Kinds of fun watching the list grow.

For those who are new to the DIS forum: To send a private message to Kristi… Click on her screen name and choose the option ‘to send a private message’.
__________________
Debbie
Whirlybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #30
rroberts
The family that vacations together, stays together
 
rroberts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 33

Hurray, happy to see someone created the thread for the 7/18/13 Dream cruise.

I'll send the private message tomorrow when I have our details but:
We are the Roberts family from Rochester, NY
Dad - Bob
Mom - Renee
11yo daughter Savannah
9 yo daughter Kaori

Would be great if in addition to the FE's if we could get together for a drink or dinner. Always nice to meet other Disney fans! I have seen a few groups where if the kids are similar ages that they do a little pen pal activity so that they have a friend on the boat that they already know a little.

Talk to you all soon!
Bob
rroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.