Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
JsIeBeLs
Earning My Ears

Early Riser

I'm an early riser (I mean like 5am) even on vacation. Can I get coffee at that time? When I'm on vacation I like to spend the first 2 hours of my day drinking coffee...that's right, I said 2 hours! Will room service bring me coffee at that time? Are the drink stations open? I just need plain ol' coffee...no frills.

Also, what time is sunrise in the Carribean? I'm from Northern California and such a newbie to all this!
JsIeBeLs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

The drink station is open 24 hours a day and I *think* room service is also 24 hours a day (except on the last night when it closes earlier, maybe at 1am?).

I'm an early riser as well, so I get you . No idea about sunrise in the Caribbean, though.
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsIeBeLs View Post
I'm an early riser (I mean like 5am) even on vacation. Can I get coffee at that time? When I'm on vacation I like to spend the first 2 hours of my day drinking coffee...that's right, I said 2 hours! Will room service bring me coffee at that time? Are the drink stations open? I just need plain ol' coffee...no frills.

Also, what time is sunrise in the Carribean? I'm from Northern California and such a newbie to all this!
Sunrise was about 640am this past week but I would think that changes depending on when you go. You can do a google search for when you are going.
I walked up to the drink station and had a big cup up there. Very peaceful with no one around. I would then grab another big one and sit on our verandar. We would walk the track on deck 4. Then up to Cabanas for breakfast and coffee with the people that get up at a normal time.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
JsIeBeLs
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
The drink station is open 24 hours a day and I *think* room service is also 24 hours a day (except on the last night when it closes earlier, maybe at 1am?).

I'm an early riser as well, so I get you . No idea about sunrise in the Caribbean, though.
Thanks. I can probably look at the most recent navigators and get a good idea. I like to get up when it's still dark outside. LOL
Old 02-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #5
JsIeBeLs
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhawk View Post
Sunrise was about 640am this past week but I would think that changes depending on when you go. You can do a google search for when you are going.
I walked up to the drink station and had a big cup up there. Very peaceful with no one around. I would then grab another big one and sit on our verandar. We would walk the track on deck 4. Then up to Cabanas for breakfast and coffee with the people that get up at a normal time.
Sounds Lovely. Can I get a giant coffee mug on the ship? I don't want to pack one.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #6
Trekker
I've gone to find myself,
if I get back before I return,
make me stay here!

Before going to bed we would call room service to bring us "coffee for two" and they deliver a thermos and cups. It is a good thermos - the coffee was steamimg hot the next mornig!

Trekker is Ron from Dreams Unlimited Travel

Questions? Email me at ron@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com
Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #7
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds Lovely. Can I get a giant coffee mug on the ship? I don't want to pack one.
I brought my Mickey " I am on vacation mug" Haha! But yes, they do have an assortment of mugs in the shop.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #8
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

I too am an early riser, which is one of my favorite times on the ship. I usually walk around Deck 4 and get a couple of miles in and watch the sun rise. Then head up to Cabanas and grab a cup of coffee. The ship is so quiet, I almost feel like I have it to myself
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #9
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

DH gets up by 4:30 even when on vacation. He has gotten some great pictures of the empty ship then.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #10
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. I can probably look at the most recent navigators and get a good idea. I like to get up when it's still dark outside. LOL
You can't figure out sunrise unless you look at a navigator for the same trip you are on at the same time of the year.

CC and Nassau are on Eastern Time, but just about as far east as you can be, so the sunrise is earlier than it would be in say Indiana. St. Thomas and St. Marten are in the next time zone over, but in the very west of that zone, so sunrises are later. Next week we all switch to daylight savings time, but do the Islands?

You just have to check every day.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #11
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

The ship changes to island time during the cruise so the time onboard is the same as in port.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #12
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed watching movies in my room at like 3am (because I'm a NOC shifter who is a freak on my time off.). They have on demand free movies. I caught up on "Happy Endings," watched all the "Mighty Duck" movies...
Old 02-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #13
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I heard they sell Tervis brand tumblers with lids on DCL. They are very popular for hot/cold drinks.

Heard they sell out quickly on DCL
lovetotraveltx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #14
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
The ship changes to island time during the cruise so the time onboard is the same as in port.
Yes, but the question is do the Islands switch to daylight savings time? Some places don't switch (Arizona, parts of Michigan and Indiana, China) so in the summer some islands that are usually 1 hour ahead of the eastern US might be the same and some islands that are usually the same as eastern US might be one hour behind.

You just have to check the Navigator or the TV screen that lists the time for sunrise.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #15
CatDenver
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx View Post
I heard they sell Tervis brand tumblers with lids on DCL. They are very popular for hot/cold drinks.

Heard they sell out quickly on DCL
In case you weren't aware, you can go out to the Tervis web site and create a custom tumbler using your own photographs. That's one way to not worry about whether they're available or not on the cruise.

http://www.tervis.com/customizer-ldg

Moi DH Michael (13) Catie (10)

Disney HalloWonder Bahamian Cruise - Oct 26, 2013
Pre-trip Report The Yours Mine and Ours Mystery Tour
Trip Report We Are Family (I've got all my children with me) HalloWonder Trip Report
CatDenver is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: