Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #31
mydisneydream
Earning My Ears

So glad this thread went up today! THANKS!! I was looking for similar info, and noticed "search" was down as well.

LOVING the photo's everyone! We did pillowcases last time. This time, wanted to do something different, so I'm leaning towards photo mattes this time.

Do any of you ever leave a note with your signature item(s)? Letting them know what you want, requests, etc? Last time, when we dropped off at guest services, they asked us "what signatures" we wanted. I just told them, "all that we can get"! I'm seeing sigs on these items that I never even thought of! I just thought, maybe this time, I should be more specific?

The Disney Wonder Sep 28-Oct 5, 2013 (Parents Only Cruise!)
The Disney Fantasy March 16-23, 2013
Port Orleans Riverside March 15, 2013
The Disney Dream (1st cruise) Oct 20-23, 2011
Port Orleans Riverside Oct 19, 2011
WDW/Port Orleans Riverside June 19-24, 2007
mydisneydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #32
phillmolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliott04 View Post
Here is our photo mat. I think it turned out wonderful! I bought a pack of 24 sharpies on Amazon and put that in a zip lock bag with a bag of Hershey's Kisses. The photo mat and frame are 11 x 14 and holds an 8 x 10 photo. I got it at Target for $20 I believe. Was a little tricky keeping it from getting smooshed in my luggage and I actually had to go up another size just to fit the darn thing in...but it was WELL worth it!

Did you use fine point sharpies or ultra fine point?

I am totally stealing this! I love the way it turned out!
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #33
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

I surprise my kids with an item each cruise.

Last cruise I bought a picture of my younger dd and tiana from shutters on the ship. I glued it to a big piece of card stock. Then put it in the bag with one purple permanent marker, her favorite color! I asked for only princesses!

My older daughter I bought a map of the magic's route at the gift shop and did her's only in black, specifying her favorites.

I always do a big bag of chocolates!

QUOTE=mydisneydream;47666420]So glad this thread went up today! THANKS!! I was looking for similar info, and noticed "search" was down as well.

LOVING the photo's everyone! We did pillowcases last time. This time, wanted to do something different, so I'm leaning towards photo mattes this time.

Do any of you ever leave a note with your signature item(s)? Letting them know what you want, requests, etc? Last time, when we dropped off at guest services, they asked us "what signatures" we wanted. I just told them, "all that we can get"! I'm seeing sigs on these items that I never even thought of! I just thought, maybe this time, I should be more specific?
[/QUOTE]
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #34
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillmolly View Post
Did you use fine point sharpies or ultra fine point?

I am totally stealing this! I love the way it turned out!
Just regular Sharpies. These are the exact ones I bought.

I'm really really pleased with how it turned out. Now if I could only find a place in my house to hang it!

Jen
Old 03-02-2013, 12:38 AM   #35
jules4172
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliott04 View Post
Just regular Sharpies. These are the exact ones I bought.

I'm really really pleased with how it turned out. Now if I could only find a place in my house to hang it!

Jen
Jen,

Did you leave the entire frame or just the photo mat? I'm wondering should I just bring the mat only on the trip.

Julie
Old 03-02-2013, 03:03 AM   #36
bahacca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules4172 View Post
Jen,

Did you leave the entire frame or just the photo mat? I'm wondering should I just bring the mat only on the trip.

Julie
Just bring the mat, but if the frame covers a great deal of the mat, you can tape off the edge that is covered with painters tape(blue tape that comes off easily) so no characters sign over the edge that can be seen in the frame. I took the mats out of the frames I'm using today. I'm flying so WAY easier to pack just the frames and no risk of breaking the glass in the frame.
bahacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #37
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahacca View Post
I'm flying so WAY easier to pack just the frames and no risk of breaking the glass in the frame.
I think you meant to say that it is way easier to pack just the mats.

Yes, I only packed the mat. Just make sure it is between to pieces of cardboard or something sturdy so that it doesn't get bent.

Jen
Old 09-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #38
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Finally got everything together and got it framed -

Jim
Kilted Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #39
pudinhd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Candyman View Post
Finally got everything together and got it framed -

Jim
OMG!!!! Totally love love love this!!! I need more info please!! What is the size? Our next cruise is on the Fantasy and I am now hoping they have those stock photos with the Fantasy logo!

Thank you so much for posting this picture!!! I have been looking and looking for something that I was excited about!!
Too Many Trips to Disneyland to Count, 1999 WDW Honeymoon, 2005 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 WDW Vacation, 2009 Backstage Magic ABD, 2011 Disney Cruise to Neverland, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2012 Alaskan Disney Cruise, 2013 Repo LA to Vancouver Disney Cruise, 2014 Western Caribbean Disney Cruise, 2014 Backstage Magic ABD
pudinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #40
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudinhd View Post
OMG!!!! Totally love love love this!!! I need more info please!! What is the size? Our next cruise is on the Fantasy and I am now hoping they have those stock photos with the Fantasy logo!

Thank you so much for posting this picture!!! I have been looking and looking for something that I was excited about!!
These are stock photos so I'm sure they have the same on the Fantasy. In this case I scanned them and shrank them down to the 3x5 for each. The over all is 11x14. We got the mat at Hobby Lobby if I remember correctly but it also could have been Jo-Ann or Micheal's.

Jim

Edit: The inportant thing is when filling out the slip is to add in the special instruction area that you want all character's signatures not just the Princess' and Fab 5.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:21 AM   #41
pudinhd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
These are stock photos so I'm sure they have the same on the Fantasy. In this case I scanned them and shrank them down to the 3x5 for each. The over all is 11x14. We got the mat at Hobby Lobby if I remember correctly but it also could have been Jo-Ann or Micheal's.

Jim

Edit: The inportant thing is when filling out the slip is to add in the special instruction area that you want all character's signatures not just the Princess' and Fab 5.
Thanks so much!!! I am so excited about this idea!!
Too Many Trips to Disneyland to Count, 1999 WDW Honeymoon, 2005 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 WDW Vacation, 2009 Backstage Magic ABD, 2011 Disney Cruise to Neverland, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2012 Alaskan Disney Cruise, 2013 Repo LA to Vancouver Disney Cruise, 2014 Western Caribbean Disney Cruise, 2014 Backstage Magic ABD
pudinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #42
kammom18
Mouseketeer

Love this idea

Quote:
Here's what I just got back from being fired -

Jim
Jim, what type of pen/marker did you use for these unique ornaments? Wondering if you could get different colors on them? Maybe painting the ornaments first, then having them signed, then having them fired upon return? Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dana
Old 09-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #43
Kilted Candyman
Mouseketeer

You have to get a special pencil from the place that sells the paints.

You can color them if you place the paints in a small bottle and trace over signatures but it may not take over the pencil. I'm not sure about giving the bottle with paint to the ship though. I doubt it would work well for the signers.

I'm not sure how well it would work colored first. I would ask the supplier of the green ware.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Jim
Old 09-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #44
beaglefan
TX Cruiser

The other piece of advice I can offer is to stay away from the yellow Sharpie. I too bought the multi-pack with different colors and dropped them off in a baggie along with pillow cases for the boys. They turned out great, except the yellow was just too light. Next time, that one is going to stay home.

Great ideas, love the photos!

beaglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #45
Pluto number 1
Earning My Ears

we got a plate signed
Pluto number 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: