Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #556
disneymom2one
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

I'm back from vacation (took all four days off from working out - really needed it). I got in a long walk this morning but am hoping to get in some more this afternoon so I'll hold off posting but I wanted to reply to the question about minutes.

The only thing that works for me is to consistently get up and out the door 90 minutes or so before my husband and teenager. If I can get out by 4:30 (used to be earlier but our new house is much closer to school/work), I can be back by 6:30. My teen leaves for school at 6:40 so I get a few minutes with her. After she leaves, I jump in the shower and start my day. I do work as an adjunct math professor but my classes are later in the day this semester and I don't need to be at work before mid morning. I generally run three times a week and walk the rest of the time. I need to to mix it up more and it's embarrassing how little strength training I do (okay usually none).

My sister has two little kids and a full time job and also lives in a big city where running/walking in the dark would not be a great idea. My insanity would never work for her or for most people. I'm really fortunate and I spend a lot of time on these crazy runs trying to remember that.

---living in paradise and vacationing with the Mouse

--- DVC members - OKW

disneymom2one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #557
minniesBFF
Maybe I can soften her up a little
You have to be blessed, gobbled, frosted, etc by someone

I did 30 minutes of kettlebell today, so...

1000/1000! I made it!

minniesBFF is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #558
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

Tried the elliptical again today--four weeks from surgery now.

Elliptical -10
Stationary bike 18
Strength training - 10
Stretching/mild calisthenics - 12

Total 984/600

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #559
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom2one
I'm back from vacation (took all four days off from working out - really needed it). I got in a long walk this morning but am hoping to get in some more this afternoon so I'll hold off posting but I wanted to reply to the question about minutes.

The only thing that works for me is to consistently get up and out the door 90 minutes or so before my husband and teenager. If I can get out by 4:30 (used to be earlier but our new house is much closer to school/work), I can be back by 6:30. My teen leaves for school at 6:40 so I get a few minutes with her. After she leaves, I jump in the shower and start my day. I do work as an adjunct math professor but my classes are later in the day this semester and I don't need to be at work before mid morning. I generally run three times a week and walk the rest of the time. I need to to mix it up more and it's embarrassing how little strength training I do (okay usually none).

My sister has two little kids and a full time job and also lives in a big city where running/walking in the dark would not be a great idea. My insanity would never work for her or for most people. I'm really fortunate and I spend a lot of time on these crazy runs trying to remember that.
Thanks for sharing your routine with us. Your minutes and 4:30 wake up are inspirational! I'm sure my 9pm running habit wouldn't work for everyone either. That's why I love this exercise challenge thread- so many different and new ways to get in exercise!

Glad you had a good vacation!

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:26 PM   #560
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom2one View Post

4:30?!? Aaacckkk! That being said, I'm getting up at 4am Saturday to run another Half. My Mickey Ears off to you for making it a habit!

And a big from southeast FLA!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #561
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Monday worked 15 min core with stability ball situps
Tuesday 75 min run/walk core with stability ball situps
Today 75 min hike core with stability ball situps

Love that the sun is showing its face a little nore here in the Pacific Northwet.

New total 1545/1200
Old 03-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #562
araes2102
Mouseketeer

50 mins elliptical brings me to...

1490/1300

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #563
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

37 total today bringing me to 1255/1400

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #564
Dis*Mom
Mouseketeer

yesterday 40 minutes walking

960/1000

Thanks to everyone who replied to share how they fit in their exercise time - it gives us all some new ideas and is very inspiring! Also, congratulations to those who have already met their goal
Old 03-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #565
2TxAgs
DIS Veteran

52 minutes walking

818/800
Old 03-28-2013, 12:23 AM   #566
Chicago262
Mouseketeer

An hour on the elliptical and an hour on the treadmill brings me to:

2100/2013

This is another period where my fitness club cancels all aerobic classes for 10 days for "Spring Break". It is pretty disappointing because the two universities in town have a different Spring Break and lots of schools have already had theirs, too. Many people don't even have kids in school. The bottom line is that most of us understand that some teachers would like to vacation, however, I wish they would still have a modified class instead of canceling all of them. My two favorite teachers would love to teach. One works at the university and has no children, and the other one is pregnant with her first and works a full-time job. We just had 2 weeks off at Christmas Anyway, can you tell that I had a less than stellar time on the elliptical?!? A gentleman got on the machine next to me and two minutes later decides to Skype and hold a very loud conversation. After a few glances his way and my inability to hear the TV through my headphones, I decided that he won and I should move. There are signs all over the gym prohibiting being on the phone while in the cardio & weight-lifting areas and asking people to go to the lobby or juice bar. GRRRR....some people are so clueless!! Sorry for the complaint I just had to get that off my chest and I know some of you can relate.

Deanna

12/10 - WL, 1/10 - AKL,10/08 - WL & MNSSHP & Discovery Cove, 12/06 - Surprise Christmas trip WL & MVMCP, 9/05 - WL, 11/04 - WL, 5/03 - Ten yr. Anniversary trip WL, 4/93 - Disneymoon Dixie Landings, other off-site trips that I fail to mention on purpose (less magic if you stay off property)

Chicago262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:36 AM   #567
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

1450/1400
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago262 View Post
Anyway, can you tell that I had a less than stellar time on the elliptical?!? A gentleman got on the machine next to me and two minutes later decides to Skype and hold a very loud conversation. After a few glances his way and my inability to hear the TV through my headphones, I decided that he won and I should move. There are signs all over the gym prohibiting being on the phone while in the cardio & weight-lifting areas and asking people to go to the lobby or juice bar. GRRRR....some people are so clueless!! Sorry for the complaint I just had to get that off my chest and I know some of you can relate.
I just cannot understand what is wrong with people???? I would have been livid. And I don't know about your gym, but at my gym the staff are so 'nice' that they don't ever say anything to anyone. Hope your next gym visit is better!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #568
mrsdrake625
DIS Veteran

list updated

10 mins so far today, but more later (I hope!)

We got up to drive to the gym before work and... the door was locked. I guess someone didn't make their shift? So we got creative at home and did body weight exercises on the hard wood floor. Ouch. But a good ten minutes and weights are a great way to start the day, I realized - you get a good burn, but without using a ton of energy. So that was something new that I learned! A bad thing -> a good thing.

So as a group we are at 74.89%... the next poster will put us into the teal zone at 75%!! Very exciting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniesBFF View Post
I did 30 minutes of kettlebell today, so...

1000/1000! I made it!
Awesome!! Right on the dot, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post
Thanks for sharing your routine with us. Your minutes and 4:30 wake up are inspirational! I'm sure my 9pm running habit wouldn't work for everyone either. That's why I love this exercise challenge thread- so many different and new ways to get in exercise!

Glad you had a good vacation!
Eep, 9pm? That's my bedtime!!

Also, thanks again to 2TXAgs for volunteering for next month!
Old 03-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #569
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

Did a bunch of different stuff

Elliptical - 12
Stationary bike - 27
Tai Chi - 15

1048/600

I've never broken 800 before....

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #570
disneymom2one
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

Wednesday:
Walk: 2 hours 26 minutes

Today:
Morning Run/Walk: 2 hours 31 minutes
Afternoon Walk: 40 minutes

Brings me to:
2773/3000

---living in paradise and vacationing with the Mouse

--- DVC members - OKW

disneymom2one is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: