facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #286
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Thank you every one for the congrats!

2TxAgs - I found by eating more "dense" foods, (oatmeal, carrots, protein bars), I can more easily get through a workout without feeling hungry. I just started eating oatmeal last week, and I find I'm not starving midday ( I don't usually eat lunch until about 2:30-3pm). I may have a little snack like string cheese or an apple, but if I eat heartier during the day - not more calories but "better" calories - I can get through the day without crashing. AND I don't normally feel like I have to eat a huge meal at night, just a lean protein and a salad will usually do the trick...even after a good workout!

Here's a good question: Do you tend to eat a bigger breakfast, lunch, or dinner? If you've been trying to lose weight, what are you finding works better for you?

For those of you who are in this year - 4 hours until Wine and Dine Registration!!

3/11 - 47 minute walk, 80 minutes yoga

520/1400
Ditto! I don't really change my calories when running maintenance "low" mileage (for me), I can keep the calories on the lower (but adequate) side and that and exercise is how I lose weight. To answer Pluto's question, when I'm trying to lose weight, I tend to eat 3 small meals and 2 snacks during the day. After dinner, no snacking) I workout in the evenings, most of the time before dinner, and when I run, the dinner tends to be a protein and salad/veggies with a small carb side (or no carb side). If I eat before I run, then I move one of my day snacks to after my run instead. I adore soft pretzels post-run, sometimes with a little melted cheese on them. And a little beer..... I know, not a ton of protein but it's ok for a 30 min run. I also like humus and pita chips post-run or just plain old baked chicken with a bit of salt.

When I'm logging high mileage (and that goes for all the runs that week, not just the long one), I do well when I eat carbs at breakfast (like a waffle or something), and a sandwich for lunch then a VERY light snack pre-run and dinner after. but honestly, when I'm running 10-11 mile runs, I can maintain my weight (or lose a little) without watching too close what I eat because you are burning so many calories. Which is one of the perks of running for me!

Pre- and post- run nutrition was the trickiest thing for me to figure out during training for my first half. It's completely individual and you have to just try things out.

I did learn that you can't do TOO much sugar though, or you will just keep crashing and burning. I found that out while training during last halloween....

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #287
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post
Ditto! I don't really change my calories when running maintenance "low" mileage (for me), I can keep the calories on the lower (but adequate) side and that and exercise is how I lose weight. To answer Pluto's question, when I'm trying to lose weight, I tend to eat 3 small meals and 2 snacks during the day. After dinner, no snacking) I workout in the evenings, most of the time before dinner, and when I run, the dinner tends to be a protein and salad/veggies with a small carb side (or no carb side). If I eat before I run, then I move one of my day snacks to after my run instead. I adore soft pretzels post-run, sometimes with a little melted cheese on them. And a little beer..... I know, not a ton of protein but it's ok for a 30 min run. I also like humus and pita chips post-run or just plain old baked chicken with a bit of salt.

Oh those wonderful soft pretzels...YUM! and I'm all over the pita chips hummus thing. A few of those and I'm all set for dinner after a good run...along with a salad of course!

When I'm logging high mileage (and that goes for all the runs that week, not just the long one), I do well when I eat carbs at breakfast (like a waffle or something), and a sandwich for lunch then a VERY light snack pre-run and dinner after. but honestly, when I'm running 10-11 mile runs, I can maintain my weight (or lose a little) without watching too close what I eat because you are burning so many calories. Which is one of the perks of running for me!

Pre- and post- run nutrition was the trickiest thing for me to figure out during training for my first half. It's completely individual and you have to just try things out.

Last year for the W&D I had part of a sub around 5pm that night (wasn't that hungry) and a protein bar about an hour before take off. Downed about 10 Honey Stingers between miles 6 and 8 and was starving by the time I crossed the finish line. This year, it's all about chowing down on pasta during the day with some lean protein and definitely a better protein bar closer to the start. I just discovered Honey Stingers with caffeine which has my name written all over them!

I did learn that you can't do TOO much sugar though, or you will just keep crashing and burning. I found that out while training during last halloween....
I agree, I think the biggest thing you can do is just try out different things until you find what works best for you. You may be tempted to try something new on race day, but DON'T DO IT! The last thing you want to end up with is stomach issues!!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #288
hunter1211
Mouseketeer

Finally all the kiddos all went to school and I had the house to myself.

35 minutes Wii ExerBeat

340/1000

CBR December 1994 (dh and I)
FW Campsite April 1995 (dh and I)
POR Riverside December 1996 (dh and I)
WL September 2008 Free Dining (me, dh, our 5 girls, dfil, dmil)
AKL November 9-13th 2009 (dh and I)
PBH September 17-19 2010 ASMo September 19-25th 2010 (me, dh, our 5 girls)
AKL Kidani September 16-21st 2013 (me, dh, our 5 girls, and my mom and dad)
ASSports December 21-26 2014 (me, dh, our 5 girls)
hunter1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #289
mrsdrake625
DIS Veteran

60 minutes for me today at the gym.
45 mins intervals
15 mins lifting weights

I was supposed to do 6 intervals this week, but I never did the 4 last week, so I only got through five. I guess that's splitting the difference? Oh well, I got out there and did it unlike Monday

Seeing the empty blanks on the spreadsheet has been good motivation for me this month...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post

YES. Or have other issues... I ate a blueberry muffin before a long run the other day... it was GF which tend to be pretty sugary anyway... let's just say I learned about that "GI distress" that people talk about pretty quick At least the muffin was good.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #290
minniesBFF
Maybe I can soften her up a little
You have to be blessed, gobbled, frosted, etc by someone

I did a 30 minute ab class over lunch today. New total is:

430/1000

minniesBFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #291
JimB.
DIS Veteran

60 minutes cardio yesterday b

125 minutes cardio plus 60 minutes wrights today.

245 total over last 2 days.
GATOR NATION RULES!!!
JimB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #292
mrsdrake625
DIS Veteran

list updated for the evening

thanks guys
Old 03-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #293
Dis*Mom
Mouseketeer

45 minute power walk

390 / 1000

If it hadn't been for this exercise challenge, I certainly wouldn't have walked today. Thanks for the inspiration to keep going
Old 03-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #294
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

25 min Jillian DVD. New total 345/800

I have two more weeks of extra cross training and then I'll change one of those to running to try out 4 run days per week. I've never done that so I'm excited to try!

Anyone do Jillian's 90 day body revolution? I had it with plans to start after the wine and dine last year and then I got hurt and had to postpone. Now I don't know how to incorporate it w my running...

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #295
sillylily
DIS Veteran

30 minute run, 30 minutes on the elliptical:

690/1600

sillylily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #296
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

35 min run
220/900
Old 03-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #297
Chicago262
Mouseketeer

An hour WERQ class this evening brings me to:

990/2013

Deanna

12/10 - WL, 1/10 - AKL,10/08 - WL & MNSSHP & Discovery Cove, 12/06 - Surprise Christmas trip WL & MVMCP, 9/05 - WL, 11/04 - WL, 5/03 - Ten yr. Anniversary trip WL, 4/93 - Disneymoon Dixie Landings, other off-site trips that I fail to mention on purpose (less magic if you stay off property)

Chicago262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #298
araes2102
Mouseketeer

45 mins strength and 20 on treadmill with incline so I am at

685/1000

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:43 AM   #299
DisneyMagicMomma
Mouseketeer

410/500

41 minutes of walking today. Sore calves, but feeling great! Down 10 pounds since the start!

~ T i f f a n y

WDW- 1/2007, 5/2010, anticipating 10/2014 After graduation of nursing school
DisneyMagicMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:29 AM   #300
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran

30 minutes of Jillian Michael's Body Revolution workout 2

332/650
fitgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: