Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #271
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

571/1400
a little bit of walking, a little bit of running, and some rehab.
Thanks!

QOTD--I need to drink more water. I don't really drink anything. I am just not thirsty and then I forget. When I was sick (before going g-f) I was ridiculously thirsty and couldn't drink enough. I had the worst dry mouth ever. I have gone from one extreme to the other.

Congrats on your run Plutobaby.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #272
Chicago262
Mouseketeer

An hour Strong class this morning brings me to:

930/2013

Deanna

12/10 - WL, 1/10 - AKL,10/08 - WL & MNSSHP & Discovery Cove, 12/06 - Surprise Christmas trip WL & MVMCP, 9/05 - WL, 11/04 - WL, 5/03 - Ten yr. Anniversary trip WL, 4/93 - Disneymoon Dixie Landings, other off-site trips that I fail to mention on purpose (less magic if you stay off property)

Chicago262 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #273
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

This was a work weekend and crazy busy short staffed. And DST didn't help. With the stability ball being splated I got no extra exercise outside of work done.

But today I did get in a 2.5 hour run/walk. Pounded out all the frustrations from this weekend.

570/1200
Old 03-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #274
sillylily
DIS Veteran

I've got to get myself organized. I worked a total of 36 out of 50 hours this weekend, and only left work to run!lol So, 90 minute run on 3/9, 3/10 was a rest day, 60 minute run today.

630/1600

sillylily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #275
C_leen
DIS Veteran

Hello there!

Yesterday I went to the gym for an hour of cardio. 290/620.

Cleen
2/2014 Princess HALF
C_leen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #276
Dis*Mom
Mouseketeer

30 minutes walking

345/1000
Old 03-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #277
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Great job plutobaby!!!

It was a really crazy weekend but I managed to get 30 min in on Sunday and 50 min run in tonight. New total 320/800

As for nutrition: this month I'm really trying so hard to drop a few pounds. I was making progress, actually, before ds's birthday party this weekend... Anyhow, my main approach is more veggies and lean protein, less carbs and sugar. It worked really well the last two weeks- finally got into some old pants of mine, but I feel like I was totally thrown off course with houseguests. I have 30 days til our Disney trip- why can't I seem to hold it together for 30 days?! I'm just glad I'm not running high mileage, I find it nearly impossible to "diet" then bc I need more and different fuel.

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #278
2TxAgs
DIS Veteran

Hunter...I hope your daughter is well on the road to recovery!

Plutobaby - nice job on the 10K - congrats!

Thanks for all the kudos on my 5k - I just needed to get over the hump of actually doing one - I dawdled for days before I finally got up the nerve to register. As is often the case, after the fact I asked myself what the big deal was??

30 min walk today puts me at

302/800.

Regarding figments comment about needing different fuel for high mileage, I find myself hungry alot and am doing a lot of snacking. Can anyone comment on how they've changed their diets to account for the extra calories burned?

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:30 AM   #279
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran

41 minutes on the treadmill

302/650
fitgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:26 AM   #280
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

114 minutes yesterday brings me to 475/1400

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #281
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Thank you every one for the congrats!

2TxAgs - I found by eating more "dense" foods, (oatmeal, carrots, protein bars), I can more easily get through a workout without feeling hungry. I just started eating oatmeal last week, and I find I'm not starving midday ( I don't usually eat lunch until about 2:30-3pm). I may have a little snack like string cheese or an apple, but if I eat heartier during the day - not more calories but "better" calories - I can get through the day without crashing. AND I don't normally feel like I have to eat a huge meal at night, just a lean protein and a salad will usually do the trick...even after a good workout!

Here's a good question: Do you tend to eat a bigger breakfast, lunch, or dinner? If you've been trying to lose weight, what are you finding works better for you?

For those of you who are in this year - 4 hours until Wine and Dine Registration!!

3/11 - 47 minute walk, 80 minutes yoga

520/1400

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #282
mrsdrake625
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TxAgs

Regarding figments comment about needing different fuel for high mileage, I find myself hungry alot and am doing a lot of snacking. Can anyone comment on how they've changed their diets to account for the extra calories burned?

Thanks!
Me too!!! I think I actually eat more than my husband at times. I stopped feeling bad about it and he just laughs now.

There are some great articles on runners world and competitor.com that talk about athlete nutrition. The most helpful thing I learned was that you really need a good recovery plan as well as a prep plan. So after a quality workout (long run or tempo run, speed work, etc, not an easy run) you need some fat and protein within 30 mins of activity. A glass of milk is my favorite. That helps me not feel off the rest of the day. Timing it right is key.

Healthy snacks are also good. I crave salt the most after long runs so I try to make sure I get some salt soon after, or I rummage through the cupboards and eat everything!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #283
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

60 minute walk

660/1300

pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #284
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdrake625 View Post
There are some great articles on runners world and competitor.com that talk about athlete nutrition. The most helpful thing I learned was that you really need a good recovery plan as well as a prep plan. So after a quality workout (long run or tempo run, speed work, etc, not an easy run) you need some fat and protein within 30 mins of activity. A glass of milk is my favorite. That helps me not feel off the rest of the day. Timing it right is key.

Healthy snacks are also good. I crave salt the most after long runs so I try to make sure I get some salt soon after, or I rummage through the cupboards and eat everything!
So true! Also, for a quick reference, check out werundisney.com. Pam and Christine just posted a list of which nutrients are the best for runners.

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #285
GoofyPredsFan
Mouseketeer

I tried to get out for a walk today but it was snowy and the wind was waaay to cold! I did 15 minutes then went inside and did 15 minutes on the bike. At least I did something

380/1000

I am really trying to incorporate more vegies but find it so hard when I am cold! For instance, I don't want a salad, I want creamy soup!! I really need to get over this and the weather needs to warm up so I can get on the ball!

Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: