Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #16
Tomader
DIS Veteran

We just came back from Disney. We were booked at the Pop. When we went into the room the tub was dirty, the curtain divider was hanging off the track, the drawer in the dresser was broke when tried to open and the floor needed to be vacumed. I called the front desk to report this and they came to fix the problems. The manager called to tell me sorry and gave me a 50.00 credit. The next day I went to look at The Art of Animation and asked to see if we could switch to the Mermaid rooms. I explained I was not happy with the Pop. They switched me to the Cars Suites and no extra charge. I was shocked!! The Cars area was wonderful and the suite was great. My husband and I had a queen be!!! My two kids had their own beds. I'm still in shock that they switched us. But the maid service in both hotel's was not to great.The problem will now be if I can ever stay at a value. The beds alone are a killer.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:51 AM   #17
happymommy
DIS Veteran

To the OP, I am so sorry to hear about that! No hot water is horrible!

Personally, I would have told them to move me to a better resort the first day. I wouldn't let my kids take a freezing shower at a hotel. What a pain though.

I would agree to write a letter and document all that went on. Someone higher in management needs to be aware of this. We had a horrible housekeeping experience at the Beach Club years ago, and I wrote a letter (although we were given a free dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse) and received a prompt response with another offer to make it right. I would think after two full days without hot water you deserve a week free! Plus the cold shower may have contributed to your child's illness.

Previous WDW vacations include:
CR as a child with parents 1992 offsite twice 1993 Honeymoon GF 1995 BC 1996 SOG 2000 GF 2001 BWV 2003 (spring break) CR 2003 (summer) AKL 2003 (Christmas break including NYE) AKL concierge 2005 summer BWV 2006 April Swan 2006 August Dolphin 2007 March AKL 2007 August Dolphin 2008 March 7 Night Western on the Magic
2008 August (The Dark Side) PBH 2008 Dec BWI 2009 March Swan 2010 March Offsite (Grande Vista) 2010 December BWV plus 2 nights Marriott's Harbour Lake and 3 bonus nights snowed in at the Aiport Renaissance 2011 March Offsite (Marriott's Harbour Lake) 2012 August Offsite (Marriott's Grande Vista and Sabal Palms) March 2014 BWV
happymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #18
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymommy View Post
To the OP, I am so sorry to hear about that! No hot water is horrible!

Personally, I would have told them to move me to a better resort the first day. I wouldn't let my kids take a freezing shower at a hotel. What a pain though.

I would agree to write a letter and document all that went on. Someone higher in management needs to be aware of this. We had a horrible housekeeping experience at the Beach Club years ago, and I wrote a letter (although we were given a free dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse) and received a prompt response with another offer to make it right. I would think after two full days without hot water you deserve a week free! Plus the cold shower may have contributed to your child's illness.
No, a cold shower would not contribute to a vomiting bug. And why would two days ever equal a free week? Those kinds of demands make getting real compensation difficult.
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:21 AM   #19
jhryb
DIS Veteran

I would love to hear part 2 of the OP's story. I have always found Disney service to be top notch. I am a reasonable person but some form of appology from management is necessary in this situation. We are all assuming that no form of compensation was given. I hope the OP will clarify.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: